Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:42 AM

5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced - Computers (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced (37720 Views)

Etisalat And Their Overpriced Calls / Google Glasses All Hype Or Reality? / Is Philip Emeagwali A Media Hype? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 30, 2014
i just bought the thl t200, mehn that phablet beats Samsung galaxy 6. these Samsungs are overpriced.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 3:06pm On Aug 30, 2014
CUZ I LOVE TO!!! grin
DaWorshiper:
Why do you write in capital letters??
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
CHATTAP!!!
OP'S SAYN DA SIMPLE TRUTH
CRITICIZING SOMETHING DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN HATIN
krall: You lust it...

You cant afford it...

Then you hate...

Too bad. tongue

Of all OEMs, it samsung. Even their tvs you hate.

You haven't seen iphones and HTCs that are over-priced for no reason.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 3:19pm On Aug 30, 2014
iMac before macbooks
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Suspect33(m): 3:25pm On Aug 30, 2014
Flexing my tecno P5... Its far beta dan samsung galaxy
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by 1stola: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
iamord:

Monster beat is better
yeye
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by 1stola: 3:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
sage2:

Even if it is kicked by solonge knowles or spanked by j-zay, I no dey buy. I say I no dey buy.
lol! grin
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by 1stola: 3:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
acenazt: I swear Samsung Na The Biggest Thieves I don see. All this them gadgets na cheap stuff made using cheap labor yet they Just think of any price they want and slap it on a product.
You are a CHEAT!
How you take jump to FTC?
barawo
Nairaland polithiefcian
deris God o
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Ucokezie(m): 3:31pm On Aug 30, 2014
acenazt: I swear Samsung Na The Biggest Thieves I don see. All this them gadgets na cheap stuff made using cheap labor yet they Just think of any price they want and slap it on a product.
I hate all their products with PASSIO...N.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by akwunmi(m): 3:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
ayex2013: Here are some of the worst price gadgets everyone seems to want or have. You can’t win with these guys so it’s best to just keep your money and buy more reasonable alternatives. Checkout our list of 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced;
1. Beats by Dre

The entire line is complete crap, especially for their ridiculous prices. Did you know that Beats Pro/detox that you saved over 500 dollars to get cost only 3 dollars to make and is still a crap quality headphone? Just giving you the facts people. Yo are buying a lifestyle when you should be buying quality.
2. Samsung Phones

I do not have to reiterate how annoying these are. I mean, they are Android smart phones made entirely of plastic with a weak ass Gorilla glass thing attached to the front. Drop ones and it breaks. And you are expected to shell out over a hundred thousand naira to buy these phones most of the time if you want a flagship something. Can’t be life.
3. Apple Mac Books

Do me a favor, when you are done with this post, kindly take a stroll over to Jumia and check out Mac Book prices… The go all the way up to about a million naira. For a laptop, that needs to charge with electricity and you still have to pay for internet. No Bueno Amigo!!!! The price just doesn’t add up to what we are buying. Sorry!
4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira… No mistakes guys, I call the attendant and asked if there was some kind of error and she did well to hold back her laughter in mockery of my obvious confusion… Then you start to look around and you begin to notice the prices on these things. Samsung needs to be stopped!
5. Smart Watches

The new rave of the moment, everyone wants a Moto 360 or a pebble that will set you back 700-800 dollars, Money that can buy land. And all the watch will do is notify you when your phone is ringing and tell you time and weather. Alright guys, I understand the foolishness. Well done! OBO!

Source: http://www.ngtrends.com/2014/08/5-gadgets-hype-overpriced/
my guy I swear u no lie abt all olees,especially apple n Samsung,I Chang my s4 screen twice 28k x 2=56k b4 I vex sell am go buy gionee e7 wey de solid 4hand ,DAT 1 don fall twice but only get small scratch 4d bodi,dem b thief n arm rubber...
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Qtsnow(m): 3:51pm On Aug 30, 2014
[quote author=ayex2013]Here are some of the worst price gadgets everyone seems to want or have. You can’t win with these guys so it’s best to just keep your money and buy more reasonable alternatives. Checkout our list of 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced;
1. Beats by Dre

The entire line is complete crap, especially for their ridiculous prices. Did you know that Beats Pro/detox that you saved over 500 dollars to get cost only 3 dollars to make and is still a crap quality headphone? Just giving you the facts people. Yo are buying a lifestyle when you should be buying quality.
2. Samsung Phones

I do not have to reiterate how annoying these are. I mean, they are Android smart phones made entirely of plastic with a weak ass Gorilla glass thing attached to the front. Drop ones and it breaks. And you are expected to shell out over a hundred thousand naira to buy these phones most of the time if you want a flagship something. Can’t be life.
3. Apple Mac Books

Do me a favor, when you are done with this post, kindly take a stroll over to Jumia and check out Mac Book prices… The go all the way up to about a million naira. For a laptop, that needs to charge with electricity and you still have to pay for internet. No Bueno Amigo!!!! The price just doesn’t add up to what we are buying. Sorry!
4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira… No mistakes guys, I call the attendant and asked if there was some kind of error and she did well to hold back her laughter in mockery of my obvious confusion… Then you start to look around and you begin to notice the pr on these things. Samsung needs to be stopped!
5. Smart Watches

The new rave of the moment, everyone wants a Moto 360 or a pebble that will set you back 700-800 dollars, Money that can buy land. And all the watch will do is notify you when your phone is ringing and tell you time and weather. Alright guys, I understand the foolishness. Well done! OBO!

Source: http://www.ngtrends.com/2014/08/5-gadgets-hype-overpricAyex Baba, na your Man be this, Hassan(Alkyne)
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by donklens: 3:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
Come to klens Global, and get the cheapest among them.

Brand new octa core phones & Tablets running Android 4.4.2 kit Kat from N15000 up and import anything from China etc. O8IO8I3I92O, www.nairaland.com/1801065/import-cheapest-octa-core-quad
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by eyamensah(m): 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2014
Just bcoz apple and samsung products are over priced doesnt mean i shud switch to tecno...everytin na for ur pocket afterall dos producers dont force anyone to buy dier products...it all depends on wat ur wallet can carry except there is anyone here that would pick an M7 tecno ahead of an iphone 5s gold or samsung galaxy s5 if offered d 3 as a gift to choose one
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Karleb(m): 4:01pm On Aug 30, 2014
ZinoFego: 30 Mil? That can buy TVs for all the households in my village!!!

Plus dstv with 1 year subscription.

Why is no one talking about iPhones. undecided

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2014
odilinonso:
Like I said ur problem is lack nd it is written all over ur comment.. Bliv u me if u had a million bucks or evn 500k in ur acct, u won't b using a tecno device

Your problem is not knowing wat you need from wat u admire. I cant buy a phone just to show off wen wat i just need the phone for is Emailing and whatsapp nothing more. And wat makes u think i dnt own over a million bucks? I pity you, with ur meager salary u r talking tough and living large. Your name na sorry.

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by neighbourhud: 4:09pm On Aug 30, 2014
valmunich:
Well, nobody is forcing you guys to buy them either
I cant remember saying anybody is forcing me or anyone on dis tread saying that. Smh
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Hunkyimage(m): 4:12pm On Aug 30, 2014
1stola: I taya o
Beat by dre kor, Flogged by rihanna ni undecided
Nonsense overpriced craps. angry

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha (Faints-->>Un-faints-Re-faints)
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by acenazt: 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2014
1stola:
You are a CHEAT!
How you take jump to FTC?
barawo
Nairaland polithiefcian
deris God o
Hehehhehehehhehe its called WHO KNOWS
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nobody: 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2014
wetin concern me.... waiting for s5 to drop to 20k tho
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by valmunich(m): 4:43pm On Aug 30, 2014
neighbourhud:
I cant remember saying anybody is forcing me or anyone on dis tread saying that. Smh
Then why are you guys tryna spoil their business wif ya unmeaningful posts, if none of y'all here can't patronize them, it will be best if u kept ur opinions to yourselves!
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Nsonaso(m): 5:08pm On Aug 30, 2014
Posman:

the htcs and iphones r made of aluminium and metallic body and yet the plastic samsung is more expensive
let that sink in... that's the meaning of 'overpriced'

Well bro it might also interest you to note that, the same plastic Samsung phones cost of production is more than that of metallic iPhone cost of production... And still yet Samsung plastic is more cheaper than the metallic iPhone.

So what do you have to say about that?
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by gbrown(m): 5:18pm On Aug 30, 2014
ayex2013: Here are some of the worst price gadgets everyone seems to want or have. You can’t win with these guys so it’s best to just keep your money and buy more reasonable alternatives. Checkout our list of 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced;
1. Beats by Dre

2. Samsung Phones

3. Apple Mac Books

4. Samsung TVs

The other day mans is strolling through the mall and I see this curved LED TV by Samsung for 30 million naira… No mistakes guys, I call the attendant and asked if there was some kind of error and she did well to hold back her laughter in mockery of my obvious confusion… Then you start to look around and you begin to notice the prices on these things. Samsung needs to be stopped!
5. Smart Watches

Source: http://www.ngtrends.com/2014/08/5-gadgets-hype-overpriced/
You forgot to mention the over hyped Ebola virus, just like bird flu Ebola virus is grossly over hyped, we Africans have been eating bird and flu for ages nothing do us, the over hyped Ebola virus is an avenue for the USA to sell ZMAPP to Africans at exorbitant price,the people of southern Kaduna have been feeding on bats for years, they roast or boil the Ebola infested bats and eat it washed down with burukutu and palm wine. And move on with life.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by soldierAnt(m): 5:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
Add: Google Nexus Q and all smart TVs, especially those without in-built WiFi
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Tushborn: 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2014
[quote
author=allanphash7]dont you know shoe get size? a plot of land is sold
for over 250million naira in banana island at d same time come to my
village you will get a plot of land at 40 thousand naira. what do you
say to that?[/quote] lol u ar right
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by 1money: 5:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
samsung phones are total sh!t.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by mediachirps(m): 5:47pm On Aug 30, 2014
Beats by Dr. A.K.A Dre Studio is not really over hyped as you quoted, but just because is owned by a famous music celebrity, so other celebrities don't joke with such custom made products. Beats by Dr wireless headphone falls at number 8 spot on this list: http://www.minitechblog.com/2014/06/top-10-best-wireless-headphones-2014.html
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by Atmmachine(m): 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2014
Ipad air is sold for 97k but blackberry playbook that is sold for 18k is 100% better than the ipad

1 Share

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by neighbourhud: 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2014
valmunich:
Then why are you guys tryna spoil their business wif ya unmeaningful posts, if none of y'all here can't patronize them, it will be best if u kept ur opinions to yourselves!
I rest my case! lipsrsealed
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by DjHypno(m): 6:39pm On Aug 30, 2014
uche16:
no mind am, if you use beats and I use 200 naira headphones, shey no b still music we go use am hear...............oloshi people

Shut the fck up, I know you know nothing about sound, one day those cheap #200 headphones you buy from those igbo boys will deafen your hear. Bass on the same level with treble plus the mid. No let brokenness kill you man. Sir Werey.

1 Like

Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by baseg25(m): 6:42pm On Aug 30, 2014
10 sounds that make us miss the olden days of tech

www.nairaland.com/1880422/10-sounds-make-us-miss#25894954
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by DjHypno(m): 6:55pm On Aug 30, 2014
This Op needs to be jailed for the blatant lies all over this thread. There is never a TV that costs up to #30 Million, that's a very fat lie. The most expensive Samsung TV is not even up to a million naira. Google it yourself.
Talking about overpriced gadgets, it's your choice to buy or not, if it fits your budget go for it and if you can't afford it don't, no one is placing the gun on your head.
I am a Dj and I use the beats by Dre headphones, I know of other headphones that are lesser in price and have good qualities but, most times a Dj has to stand out from others... It fits my lifestyle and I love it.
Re: 5 Gadgets That Are All Hype And Overpriced by ORAFA(m): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2014
odilinonso: I tink d problem u av is lack... Those gadgets r top notch. U beta hussle nd get money so as 2 join d moving train nd leave dat keke u are on.
Where is the train moving to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Surf The Web Anonymously! / Easy Steps To Format A Window7 Computer / Use Of Windows 7 Powered Devices Risky - Minister, Pantami

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.