Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,532 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops (31275 Views)

Chad Troops In Nigerian Town For Boko Haram / Nigerian Troops Kill Sheik Zakzaky’s Son, Others In Zaria / BREAKING NEWS! 40 Boko Haram Members Killed On Their Way To Attack Bama, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 01, 2014
begwong: Sahara reporters try this time around as they didn't report:"Nigerian sojas throw away rifles and run for cover as BH invades bama" grin grin

Sahara reporters no try at all. The few insurgents that came to Bama were overpowered with superior firepower yet Sahara reporters still tried to sensationalize it by saying Boko Haram invaded Bama. Sahara Reporters will never change, that's why they will always remain mediocre.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by tscent(m): 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2014
When will all dis ish stop. Der is God sha
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by sirblac(m): 1:56pm On Sep 01, 2014
The north will never dip the Quran into the sea in Jesus name
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by felifeli: 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
talk2smat: Boko Haram militants have invaded Bama, the second largest city in Borno state with the aim of taking over the town, but residents told
Several civilians including the Emir of Bama have already fled to the state capital Maiduguri to avoid being caught in the crossfire. Eyewitnesses said that the sect arrived the vicinity of Bama early today and began firing mortars, RPGs and hurling grenades into the city.

The battle was still raging as at the time of publishing this report. Bama is a strategic city with over 500,000 inhabitants. If the sect captures Bama with all the military hardware in the city, then it just days away from capturing Maiduguri which less than 40 miles from Bama.

Credit:http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/01/boko-haram-invades-bama-meets-resistance-nigerian-troops

https://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/33205-breaking-boko-haram-in-fierce-battle-with-soldiers-in-bama-town

Why is Nigeria Army always the defending side ? No attackers ?
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by waldigit: 1:58pm On Sep 01, 2014
talk2smat: Boko Haram militants have invaded Bama, the second largest city in Borno state with the aim of taking over the town, but residents told
Several civilians including the Emir of Bama have already fled to the state capital Maiduguri to avoid being caught in the crossfire. Eyewitnesses said that the sect arrived the vicinity of Bama early today and began firing mortars, RPGs and hurling grenades into the city.

The battle was still raging as at the time of publishing this report. Bama is a strategic city with over 500,000 inhabitants. If the sect captures Bama with all the military hardware in the city, then it just days away from capturing Maiduguri which less than 40 miles from Bama.

Credit:http://saharareporters.com/2014/09/01/boko-haram-invades-bama-meets-resistance-nigerian-troops

https://dailytrust.com.ng/daily/top-stories/33205-breaking-boko-haram-in-fierce-battle-with-soldiers-in-bama-town

Let the boko boys ride on.
This may sound wild to natural man but the spiritual minded will understand that this boko guys are just vessels in the hand of God to expose decadence and plague we call political leadership in this country.
The fact is settled let me remind Nigerians, the destiny of Nigeria will be determined this year, hurray!
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by arsetalks(m): 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2014
The government of the day rather play politics than tackle it. They now take over towns. Shambles. As shambolic as Wenger handling Arsenal's transfer businesses.
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Worksunlimited: 2:02pm On Sep 01, 2014
igbsam: What is giving these Boko Haram guys so much confidence ?

Inside-info from saboteurs within the army/airforce and political back-up...
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by stingbreed(m): 2:03pm On Sep 01, 2014
Some people matter tire me angry
A group goes around killing innocent soul and you are here applauding them,, my God, am really disappointed
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
Lilimax:
Not!
Bokoharam will never win this war and Nigeria shall not explode.
Let's be optimistic... smiley
Go and enlist then.
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Worksunlimited: 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2014
In the military, soldiers/airforce men/naval men dont fight for the military/country per say, in reality they fight for the man/woman standing next to them..

But what happens when the man/woman standing next to them during an ongoing boko-haram onslaught, is a boko-haram sympathizer?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Akalia(m): 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2014
Boko Haram is like a wounded lion, they are throwing their last of sheer strength at the opposition(our galant military), who happens to competently stand in the way to their mirage caliphate dream.I sense great desperation in them, but that's only close to their end chapter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Nobody: 2:13pm On Sep 01, 2014
nigerain army....
dere name na sorry..... years bak all dey do is to sit at d barracks waitn fr alert grin.....now we nid dem to do d job dey are bin paid for n dey aint capable of dtt..... well.
In LVG voice *SOMTIN MUST B DONE*
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by olaeffect(m): 2:19pm On Sep 01, 2014
What is our strategy this time around, are we going through Cameroon orknow we Chad?

Tactics and military practicality should be properly done this time around ooo grin grin grin

Why dont we just do a special military draft to flushout this guys. I know we have young Nigerians that are boiling and ready to defend this country if called upon to do so.
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by kufreabasi(m): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2014
Military: we will soon win the war against boko haram. And they (military) fleeing to cameroun for safety
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by SavageGarden(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2014
I'm sick and tired of President Goodluck Jonathan's administration. That man is clueless...Pride and greed is ruining our Nigeria...Our military if adequately equipped with Ozide riffles and modern fighting gears would have wipped out this Boko Haram insurgents a long time ago..rather they carry pre-world war one AK47's..all b'cos some fat bellied generals are sharing funds meant for the security of all.Its a shame...We the youths allowed this to go on...how many of you would take a stand and revolt against this madness...if every youth in Abuja carry plackards and match to Aso Rock...get AIT and NTA and voice out.. challenge those greedy, filthy bastards and let them know we mean business... All the average youth indulges in is "Internet Scam" while those goats in public offices loot good money uncontested...There's much more to change than ranting on NL..Our soldeirs are fleeing for their lives they can't help you..soon Bornu would taken over(let's pray that doesn't happen though) and then that's where our doom would crawl out from.....*spits on Nigerias' grave*

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Nobody: 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
olaeffect: What is our strategy this time around, are we going through Cameroon orknow we Chad?

Tactics and military practicality should be properly done this time around ooo grin grin grin

Why dont we just do a special military draft to flushout this guys. I know we have ground Nigerians that are boiling and ready to defend this country if called upon to do so.
guy...... yu for lead nahh grin
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by obayaya(m): 2:24pm On Sep 01, 2014
Worksunlimited: In the military, soldiers/airforce men/naval men dont fight for the military/country per say, in reality they fight for the man/woman standing next to them..

But what happens when the man/woman standing next to them during an ongoing boko-haram onslaught, is a boko-haram sympathizer?

That's the code..

You fight for the guy that fights next to you. He's your team

The second paragraph is the is suicide angry
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by frodobee: 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2014
Some people would rather the caption 'Nigerian army loosing the battle to protect Bama from Boko Haram'.
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by AbdulSokoto(m): 2:26pm On Sep 01, 2014
Saao: Nigeria military must wake up before is too late.if they can't stand bokoharam let Nigerians to protect themselves at least every one with a gun
Are you high? Or ur a lady.
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by bankylan: 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
There is grand plan concieved in 1989....you can google Abuja declaration of 1989; though it has been deleted online......The islamists want to take over Nigeria, and their first point is North east...Have you ever wondered how thess guys are recruiting and getting their weapons......If the Christians and the true Muslims don't act now, we may be going the way of Iraq.......I have never been a fan of GEJ and the PDP, but I believe the nation needs to support him now......He is fighting against those who want to fulfill the mandate of 1989 Abuja declaration of the Organization of the Islamic Countries.....South west needs to be careful, they will appeal to our sence of reasonings, but there is a hidden agenda.............I thought it was a conspiracy theory until I stumbled into some information........If the missionary schools in Osun state are being taken over, then south west must be careful..............there is grand plan!

Jonathan will perhaps not bring the economic development we all crave for, I am sure God wants to use him to scuttle this grand plan......I love muslims, I have many as friends....but come 2015, Nigeria needs a Chritsian leader, and not necessarily Jonathan.
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Nobody: 2:28pm On Sep 01, 2014
where is the resistance? nonsense write-up
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Seun(m): 2:29pm On Sep 01, 2014
martyns303: Hm. A few years ago, these guys where just a handful of herdsmen, they moved on to suicide bombing and we denied the fact that Nigerians are not capable of suicide, it was a serious issue then, today we see it as a common thing, we have come to accept it as part of our society, it doesn't shock anybody anymore. Rather we make jokes and politicize it. They bombed people in their hundreds, kidnapped a whopping 200 girls, we cried fowl for a bit, but within months cased closed. Now they are taking over villages, cities and towns still we sit and watch, laughing, making jokes. They have an objective and they are working tirelessly to achieve it, while we sit and lick lollipop. The monster is growing and soon before we know it, it will be on our own door steps, then we won't have anywhere to go but to fight. And we will die in our hundreds, cos we have failed to take measures, we are leaving behind a terrible country for our children and our children's children. I met an Iraqi who was leaving Iraq for the first time in the UK and he didn't realize how messed up his country has been because what's going on has been the norm he knows. I don't see a difference between Nigeria and Iraq today, we can deny it, and try to compare, and say we haven't reached their level yet. But we are, we are on that path and we doing perfectly fine towards it. Wake up my brethren, I beg you in the name of God, Allah, Buddha or whatever you hold sacred. This is our home, our land, I was born here, on these soil, my grand father and his father before him were buried on these soils, you and I have the same right as any President, Governor, Senator or chairman. Stand up for ur home, stand up for ur children, for ur mother, ur father, ur siblings. Stand up NOW, OR ELSE u will be bending them soon. My name is Martyns S.H ad am Nigerian, not a sourtherner or Northener but a Nigerian and this is my HOME.
So you're going to join the Army, yes? Or going to the north to convince people not to join Boko Haram? Or protesting through your laptop?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2014
Keneking: where is the resistance? nonsense write-up
the resistance oh!!!!

chek d next door grin
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by M4gunners: 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
Finish them all.
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by YoursGEJ(m): 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
Q: I thought they said boko haram were using civilians for cover. What is the excuse for not crushing them now with extreme force?

Ans: Simply because a few conscience-less individuals are looting money for the war and Jonathan has not done anything about it. Meanwhile, Ihejirika and El-Rufai who are accusing each other of being sponsors of the group and having incriminating evidence to back their claims have not been called in for questioning as innocent Nigerians continue to die in their hundreds by the day.
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by maasoap(m): 2:31pm On Sep 01, 2014
martyns303: Hm. A few years ago, these guys where just a handful of herdsmen, they moved on to suicide bombing and we denied the fact that Nigerians are not capable of suicide, it was a serious issue then, today we see it as a common thing, we have come to accept it as part of our society, it doesn't shock anybody anymore. Rather we make jokes and politicize it. They bombed people in their hundreds, kidnapped a whopping 200 girls, we cried fowl for a bit, but within months cased closed. Now they are taking over villages, cities and towns still we sit and watch, laughing, making jokes. They have an objective and they are working tirelessly to achieve it, while we sit and lick lollipop. The monster is growing and soon before we know it, it will be on our own door steps, then we won't have anywhere to go but to fight. And we will die in our hundreds, cos we have failed to take measures, we are leaving behind a terrible country for our children and our children's children. I met an Iraqi who was leaving Iraq for the first time in the UK and he didn't realize how messed up his country has been because what's going on has been the norm he knows. I don't see a difference between Nigeria and Iraq today, we can deny it, and try to compare, and say we haven't reached their level yet. But we are, we are on that path and we doing perfectly fine towards it. Wake up my brethren, I beg you in the name of God, Allah, Buddha or whatever you hold sacred. This is our home, our land, I was born here, on these soil, my grand father and his father before him were buried on these soils, you and I have the same right as any President, Governor, Senator or chairman. Stand up for ur home, stand up for ur children, for ur mother, ur father, ur siblings. Stand up NOW, OR ELSE u will be bending them soon. My name is Martyns S.H and am Nigerian, not a sourtherner or Northener but a Nigerian and this is my HOME.
So, today's Boko Haram were herdsmen few years ago? Are you sure you are following events in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
lildrop: the resistance oh!!!!

chek d next door grin

Ok RESISTANCE..Jona ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh grin
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by RedArmies12: 2:33pm On Sep 01, 2014
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Yeeyo: 2:37pm On Sep 01, 2014
Islamic jihadiz fightin 4 dia weak god.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by dammytosh: 2:47pm On Sep 01, 2014
Where are the 12 fighter jets

Bunch of liars.

It is better we bring Isreali Defence Force in. Since we can not do anything on our own.
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by Fourwinds: 2:50pm On Sep 01, 2014
earlier in d year., d president said dey treated d issue with kidglooves. I hope he now knows Boko Haram are not kids rather adults
Re: Boko Haram Invades Bama, Meets Resistance From Nigerian Troops by olaeffect(m): 2:51pm On Sep 01, 2014
lildrop: guy...... yu for lead nahh grin

My brother e go surprise you. Some young Nigerians are getting tired of this sh*t.

Instead of the government selling forms for one employment or the other they should just do a very high covert draft and make sure the selection process rid out boko sympathizers. Since our regular troops can't be trusted.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kano Young Man Dies Few Weeks After Posting About Death Online (Photos) / We Need Our National ID Cards / Who Have Played With This And Who Remeberd This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.