Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,091 members, 7,821,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi (28197 Views)

Find Out A Madrid Star Who Wants To Play For Nigeria / Why Enyeama May Never Play For Nigeria Again / Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by LivingSoul34: 8:15am On Sep 04, 2014
Keshi talks too much. A true leader or manager does answer every question. Foot management does not stop at propagandas and endless negotiation of contracts or press briefings. Any coach that cannot manage his players and get the best out of them is already a failure regardless of the noise he makes around. Some persons are managing the likes of Balotteli, Ronney, Saurez, etc and they don't run to the press every now and then to shout how stubborn they are... The same Uche, that Keshi is portraying to the whole in bad light today has played under different coaches home and abroad and non of them has ever complained of his insubordination except the all knowing Keshi. Keshi has to take things easy because the success of every is determined by the relationship that exists between and his subjects.

6 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by yungchop: 8:16am On Sep 04, 2014
princessayesha: Beg him then
Aisha add me back now sad 28FF9EDC
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by olumuyiolaoluwa: 8:18am On Sep 04, 2014
I owe no body apology, and I stand to be corrected. If u look closely yu will even notice dat the Wcup performance would'nt have been d way it was without God & Osaze. With Respect Sir Keshi u still hav not really proved urself cos d player that performed most is d one I will say was forcefully imposed on u "Business is Business"

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by experimentist: 8:19am On Sep 04, 2014
zeelo2014:
I just want to use this opportunity to beg Nairalanders, Pls if u don't have anything meaningful to write on a topic, pls pls pls just read and walk out. Alot of childish and brainless comments on first pages of most threads. Seun, It will be nice if u deactivate that notification app, cos ever since it was created the comments here have been appalling. Many of us come here for the comments but it seems kids that should be reading their books have taken over, by taking residence of the first page.
mr man face your work.. Boys dey catch dem fun, u dey here dey para.. If u no like dem comments scroll down to d next one.. Shikenan, kaji ko!
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Arabambi1: 8:26am On Sep 04, 2014
Kehi v Uche - Series 2
But I thought the same Keshi once said after final selection of his squad for world cup that IK Uche begged and apologised to him but it was rather too late to be picked. What would have led the same player to demand for begging before playing for Naija. While not holding forth for Uche, he is mostly seen by Nigerians as a very dedicated, calm and humble guy, But Keshi is saying otherwise. Until we hear from Uche's side, let's not cast aspersion on him, there are always two sides to a story

2 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by olaezebala: 8:29am On Sep 04, 2014
when will keshi grow up?

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by olumuyiolaoluwa: 8:30am On Sep 04, 2014
Trust me if Keshi continues like this b4 d next tournament he might be relieved of his duty. Cos he may not be able to deliver.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Dannyxy(m): 8:33am On Sep 04, 2014
[b]oh[/b]beg my foot!, we should stop all this silly sentiments, any player can be dropped or pick at any time, it all depends on the coaches [b]choice[\b] those people saying he helped us qualify, please when and how did he help us qualify?, because as far as I know, Uche has not played for us since jan 2013, if there are players to be begged, It will be players like john ogu, brown ideye that played important part in our qualifications for world cup.

ntcheww[b]beg my foot!, we should stop all this silly sentiments, any player can be dropped or pick at any time, it all depends on the coaches [b]choice[\b] those people saying he helped us qualify, please when and how did he help us qualify?, because as far as I know, Uche has not played for us since jan 2013, if there are players to be begged, It will be players like john ogu, brown ideye that played important part in our qualifications for world cup.

ntcheww[/b]beg my foot!, we should stop all this silly sentiments, any player can be dropped or pick at any time, it all depends on the coaches choice those people saying he helped us qualify, please when and how did he help us qualify?, because as far as I know, Uche has not played for us since jan 2013, if there are players to be begged, It will be players like john ogu, brown ideye that played important part in our qualifications for world cup.

ntcheww
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by honeric01(m): 8:38am On Sep 04, 2014
Lol beg a 30 yrs old player to play for his country? wetin we no go hear, he can go play for Brazil if he likes ( if possible) lol

Before him, there was SE, after him, there's going to be SE

We do not need mercenaries in the new SE, we need team players.

Keshi, this time around, keep players that are ready to play together as a team, no more 'big' names
Our young boys are dying to play for the SE, start using them as soon as possible.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by max1234: 8:39am On Sep 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: I do not care how talented Ike Uche is. If he is too big for the Super Eagles, then he will not obey the Coach.

Ike Uche should know that he has not achieved anything in football. He has not even achieved what Coach Keshi achieved for Club and country as a player.

Coach Keshi should never call him up and focus on our developing young Super talents like Iheanacho, Chidera Ezeh, Mikel Agu, Musa Yahaya.

A player like Jordan Femi Ibe of Liverpool should be given call ups to see if he would play for Nigeria.

As for Ike Uche, forget him.
keshi told us dat Uche is not tactical discipline, dat he does not play according to his instructions. My question is, has Uche changed from indiscipline to disciplined player, when and how cos Keshi has not told us, or is it dat Uche is good for qualifying series n not the main tournament? These are some areas Keshi must explain, thanks

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Bamibor: 8:40am On Sep 04, 2014
Bobbystanley: Is this Keshi still there as Headcoach?

Ike Uche is right by saying that.You dropped a player who scored 14goals in La Liga just behind Cr7,Lionel messi and Diego Costa and opted for Shola Ameobi who scored just once for Newcastle in a full season.Isn't that stupidity?

Keshi beg him..He deserves your apology.

Just for the records, Ike Uche did indeed score 14 goals last seen but that did not place just behind Cr7, Messi and Costa. He infact ranked in the 13th position behind the likes of A. Sanchez, Benzema, Griezman, Bale, Pedro, Carlos Vela, Aduritz etc.

while I agree that Ike Uche is a fine player, I do not see why he should be begged and romanced to be in the national team, whether or not he was snubbed in the past. Eric Lamela, Juan Mata, Philipe Coutinho are a few examples of fantastic players who were sometimes snubbed by their national teams but still make themselves available anytime there are needed. I think humility and patriotism should overide personal interest. Just my views anyway...

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by honeric01(m): 8:43am On Sep 04, 2014
max1234: keshi told us dat Uche is not tactical discipline, dat he does not play according to his instructions. My question is, has Uche changed from indiscipline to disciplined player, when and how cos Keshi has not told us, or is it dat Uche is good for qualifying series n not the main tournament? These are some areas Keshi must explain, thanks

Heard of "benefit of doubt " before?

Maybe he wants to invite him to see if he's changed and because some Nigerians won't stop wailing about his exclusion.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Ninilowo(m): 8:44am On Sep 04, 2014
PAINGAIN: My question b this, does he want to b begged to play for his country or he wants an apology to play for his country? If its d former,he can go helll,if its d later, does he deserve an apology?
walahi the guy no fit differentiate between the two.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by jeffizy(m): 8:44am On Sep 04, 2014
Tlovely: my friend shut-up, he deserve d begging especially 4rm keshi wit his 2 knees on d ground... after all d humiliation n talks n painting a bad picture abt him , dropped him out of d world cup n kept deaf ears despite all d pleas n begging n questionins by so many Nigerians across d country n his most embarrassing failure in d world cup.. he turns around to invite him 4 training lyk he suddenly realised he should come.. n inviting him lyk one of his house boys to cum n play lyk all his shits doesn't matter.., ike should cum n play now... after foolin himself in d world cup.. he then turns around to quickly want to paint ike Uche again' saying he wants him to beg for is appearance... his a monkey...na person go tell am to go publicly beg Uche or privately call d guy 4 reconciliation after all his mess... rather Dan quickly jumping 2 d press n telling d whole world DAT ike Uche wants him n his conniving crew 2 beg him.... wat wld he expect.. DAT d guy would just jump back 2 d team lyk a mumu, wriggling lyk a monkey n hailin him "tank u sir' happy wkend sir" wit no dignity...most of u Nigerians are so selfish,wicked,inhumane,irresponsibly scornful n irrational... n DAT man keshi is remorseless... name im leg ike dey carry play abi?... wit out Nigeria d guy no chop abi? una dey shameless... even d guy suppose dey slap am first b4 im enter DAT camp 4 training....na im tym to do im own.. ...
Dude, stop eating Orko. Makes your mouth slippery.
Or better still, write a book. cheesy
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 04, 2014
thegoodjoehunt3: Ike Uche tweeted

“It's an honour to play for Nigeria. I don't expect to be begged or given special treatment. I'm available when/if considered for selection.” The Villarreal of Spain striker wrote.

My question to him is: Was Ike Uche invited for this match? Not considered for selection. He should answer if he was invited for this match.

1. Ike uche could have easily lied in that tweet. There's no way you one could verify if he was speaking the truth

2. What Keshi said about Ike uche as posted on that site may be a junk journalism. No be today for naija. That may not be exactly what he said or meant about ike
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by keizman: 8:47am On Sep 04, 2014
I never knew dt Keshi will still summon d courage to invite Ike Uche again to come and play for Nigeria under him as a coach, after locking up his ear to d plea of somany soccer loving Nigerians to take dt guy to d world cup...Nigeria as a country av begged keshi on several occasions, so who is he If he refuse to beg Ike uche? as an individual...is he above begging?
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Goke7: 8:50am On Sep 04, 2014
There is no need to continue to rack our brains over this issue, we are likely to be banned by both FIFA and CAF on monday sep 8 if the Giwa led nff do not vacate office and from the look of things the supposed nff chairman is not likely to go.

In summary, both Keshi and Uche won't have any national team to work for, so let's chill till monday to know how far!

Our football is almost dead, all the leagues are on hold and it is attitudes like this from players, coaches and administrators that has led us to where we are today, what a pity!
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by searay(m): 8:53am On Sep 04, 2014
After qualification Uche will be dump again. There is God ooo.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by arsetalks(m): 8:54am On Sep 04, 2014
I thought this issue was sorted already? Didn't Keshi come out and say that it was sorted just before the world cup? Anyway, I think it is high time we replaced players such as IK. He is what? 32? He is getting to the age where a replacement should be found for him and although I do not know the truth as it will be unfair to judge from one side but truth be told, he may still be banging in the goals, it is time he and alot of others are replaced systematically.

I think the federal government should declare a state of emergency ( sort of ) in our football ( if not sports in General ). The NFF should be told they will be given their full freedom but they must also look for funds to run our football on their own as it is obtainable in other saner nations ( sorry, I love this country but the word SANE does not describe us right now ). To make sure it is easy for them, the FG should sponsor the NFF for 2 years after which they will have to be on their own.

The NFF should be compelled to give Keshi a 6 years contract with 4 years meant to be for building a solid national team that will make us proud in the future. Belgium, a nation of 10 million people did this after Euro 2000 which they co hosted with the Netherlands and see the results now? Keshi and all the other national team coaches should be given a long term contract with the maximum expectation been qualifying for competitions such as the world cup, nations cup and so on. Winning these competitions shouldn't be of importance to us at least for now. In Africa, Ivory Coast after Ibrahim Bakayoko and the likes fumbled at Ghana Nigeria 2000 went back to the drawing board through the help of a foundation funded by Arsene Wenger and his friend ( I am not saying this because I am an Arsenal fan but because it is a fact, Wenger helped massively in developing Ivorien football and I can proof it to whoever wants to take me up on this ) and see what they have been able to achieve in such a short period of time. For every Drogba and Yaya Toure, they have a ready made replacement who may not be as big as those 2 but have the potential. This is because they caught they young and gave them proper education.

This will start with our clubs been made more professional. The NFF should compel our clubs to standardize their stadiums and other infrastructure. The owners of these clubs should be compelled to to raise funds from the stock exchange through private placement or public listing ( I have eagerly been waiting for opportunities to invest in some of our clubs and I am sure many football minded and business minded individuals like me are ready to buy too ) if they cannot fund the running of these clubs on their own. The state governments are not taking football serious and they have no reason why they should be the owners of these clubs if not for their political greed. They have not contributed much, the private investors should be encouraged to come in. Maybe the clubs should not be 100% owned by private investors but private investors should be able to have a considerably high percentage ownership of these clubs. Private investors worked for their money and they will be keen to see profit and through that, our football will be improved. It is obvious that we have talent in this nation, having watched some of the local league matches in the process of doing my job, I believe we just need to make things a bit more professional and things will change.

The clubs should be helped by the government by making a law prohibiting any player playing in the local league from moving until they have played here for say 3-4 years before they can move abroad. This will ensure the very good players continue to play in the league to help develop the league instead of the mass exodus which only does one thing - help develop other countries' leagues. I am not a lawyer but I believe there is no such thing as freedom of labour movement laws in Africa which means enforcing the players to stay here for a while willl actually work unlike in Europe where such laws won't have worked.

The clubs should also take things to the grass root. Each club should have a reserve team and there should be a reserve league. This they can achieve if the government finally see football as business and not a way of siphoning money. In fact, if they do this, there will be more money in football for them to loot if they want ( not encouraging looting but let's call a spade what it is ).

Belgium has just 10 million people, not half as wealthy as Nigeria ( are we wealthy or rich? ) but see what they have achieved with their football in just about 6 years. The clubs who where hitherto poor are now able to sell their young players to continue to finance their own development. Belgian clubs now do considerably well in Europe this and more Nigeria can achieve if we finally go back to the drawing board and do away with the win at all cost sydrome we are currently plagued with.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by sol2galay: 8:58am On Sep 04, 2014
EGRESS: That is why we Nigerians are not going forward in everything that we are doing, If the coach snub u during the world cup in brazil (which i know that is what i.k uche is angry about). He should just ask why he was snubbed instead of telling the coach and his crew to beg him, that is pride and arrogance. Your football career is deteriorating if u continue like this. Be wise i.k uche and stop all ur childish act. Come and play for us we are expecting you, if not there are a lot of experienced players that can fill ur space.

bro hope u didnt follow the even during the world cup proper,the way keshi marined the boy and painted him in a bad light just for nigerians to see reason why he have to drop him.even after all pleas from nigerians around the world. The qtn u need to ask is wht did keshi think he can do dat time he will do now? I am in Ikechuckwu's shoe,i wont play under keshi without thorough apology even if it means d end of my carrier.

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Nobody: 9:08am On Sep 04, 2014
EGRESS: That is why we Nigerians are not going forward in everything that we are doing, If the coach snub u during the world cup in brazil (which i know that is what i.k uche is angry about). He should just ask why he was snubbed instead of telling the coach and his crew to beg him, that is pride and arrogance. Your football career is deteriorating if u continue like this. Be wise i.k uche and stop all ur childish act. Come and play for us we are expecting you, if not there are a lot of experienced players that can fill ur space.
u ar a monkey, go n use ur experienced players na 2 fill his space... mumu.. d ones u used b4.. HW FAR?... if u think it is d boy that is losing...u wld be so pathetic.. go n check his current records... rather it is ur country n ur silly head coach that is losing form, recognition n place in d world ranking.. n u ar here garrulously talking abt a guy who does not have d tym 4 ur pathetic lots.. after wat DAT big head had displayed b4 n after d world cup...n all of a sudden u call him 2come n play ooo.. DAT u ar expecting him, u no expect am b4? abi..?....nimrods.... hw has ike Uche all of a sudden become very important 2 u pple, after ur acts in d world cup..? n d part DAT makes me want 2 evaluate ur rationale is ur asking him "2 jst ask y he was snubbed, lyk wat use wld DAT question be of now or if u were d silly coach wat useless n unreasonable answer wld u give 2 a preoccupied player or unlistening ears of a disappointed
nation of pple disgruntled at ur lousy n most stupid performance in d world after being Placed in an almost free ride group wit keshi struggling 2 emerge..? n u still garner d irrationele 2 advice d boy 2 "just ask" y he was dropped...lyk d whole nation has not been asking... u ar entitled 2 ur own opinion but I wld advice u re-examine ur thoughts n listen 2 urself b4 u utter spew in d face of irrationality seeming 2 justify a wrong party by nailing anoda...n yet calling 4 its service.... unless u already HV a sentimental undertone smeared behind it.... thread wisely...

2 Likes

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by idoncome: 9:08am On Sep 04, 2014
is keshi still wt d national team?hmmm, wt him i dnt see any bright future wt our super eagles.

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 04, 2014
Keshi should beg Ike Uche asap!
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by EbonyBlond: 9:16am On Sep 04, 2014
lastpage:

Good POINT!

Its a shame that some Nigerians just rush to open their mouths, to condemn others, before hearing the other side of the story...

.... and even if you are not opportuned to "hear the other side", it sis your duty to use "logic and common sense" to analyse and decipher what exactly happened, with a very OPEN MIND, from just what one of the parties have said.
Mind you, No ACCUSER ever tells the story in a way that will portray them as the guilty party!

For example, let us use our sense and ask a few questions:
1.) When Uche was invited before, did he honor the invitations? YES
If he has been honoring National Calls before, definitely there must be something that made him change his mind this time around.
WHAT COULD THAT THING BE?

2.) When the team eventually qualified for the World Cup, was he invited to "continue" what he and others had laboured very hard for (or did Stephen Keshi suddenly invite very strange and new entities just introduced to the team at the last minute)?

3.)If you are in Uche's shoes, how would you feel about this act of betrayal? (Tell me whether Germany the eventual winners suddenly went to recruit some unknown names playing some obscure lower leagues, to prosecute their finals in Brazil?
There are even "rumours" that Stephen Keshi sold player spots and collected money from some of these "average players" that we suddenly saw in the finals in Brazil, but who never participated in the qualifiers!
How can anyone explain taking a player to the World cup finals, who has NEVER kicked a ball for the nation BEFORE? Only in Nigeria! shocked shocked

4.) Uche has been very QUIET AND SILENT about this issue, how come it is the Coach Keshi, who himself did some "gra-gra" resignation (the usual "arrangee scam" failed Coaches do, to make themselves feel very important!) and asked to be begged to come back, is the one going on social media to accuse a player under his watch? Any principled Coach would not say he has resigned, after a failure, only to now say he is changing his mind because they begged him!
Brazil Coach, despite reaching the Semi-final, felt he failed th enation and resigned...HE NEVER CHANGED HIS MIND. That is A PRINCIPLE PERSON),
Coaches are supposed to be like "fathers" in the team. Why would a "genuine father" go to tweeter to say bad things about a player under his watch? has Keshi descended so low as to now be trading words on Twitter with players?

5.)Assuming we believe what Stephen Keshi has alleged about Uche, what is the point of saying it on Tweeter? IS Keshi trying to instigate hatred for the young boy? IS it not shameful that Keshi cannot even shut his big mouth and just work with those who are "ready to honor his call-up" afterall, like the boy said, playing for your country is a big honor, the players need the country more than the country needs them.

6.) So, what does Stephen Keshi expect us o do now, that he has become "town crier"? Is he going to blame his next failure on Ikechukwu Uche? In a country of close to 200million, is Keshi telling us that the absence of just one Ikechukwu Uche is giving him headache so much that he has to go as far as Tweeter to cry-me-a-river? Just imagine Brazil or Germany or Argentina or Spain crying on tweeter that ONE PLAYER is not honouring national call-Up? Never will that happen.

7.)Anyone who was grown-up enough during the playing days of Stephen Keshi will vouch that he was more arrogant, selfish and combative that the Keshi he is putting down now. Infact, he was a "rebel leader and Mafioso" in the Green Eagles of those days to the point that he would be telling coaches which player to chose for a game and which not to. Do you still wonder how he got that nick-name "Big Boss" even before he became a National team coach? Now you know.

Stephen Keshi should STFU and face his work.
Slandering and maligning the integrity of young boys under his watch should not be the job of a man of his age, ..and a National Coach for that matter.

Lastpage!

Caveat: The above is my candid opinion. Others are free to have their opinion and they are entitled to it....... just as l am entitled to mine.
If you disagree, fine, no need to start foaming in the mouth and using foul language. Just state your case and move-on. Its a faceless forum.
I dash u my first share button
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by nike4love: 9:19am On Sep 04, 2014
Keshi is becomin unprofesional really,after the Nonsence he played at the world cup he still get mouth to talk rubish.after that guy laboured for qualifiers keshi go still drop him and go to tournament with Flavour.

1 Like

Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by extension: 9:20am On Sep 04, 2014
English language nawoooo. Keshi should read his post again.
Re: IK Uche Demands I Beg Him To Play For Nigeria— Keshi by victorazy(m): 9:20am On Sep 04, 2014
Abbey2sam: i won't blame any player who once played at the qualifying stage and were not picked for the main event, if they don't want to play now.....

Or is it that some players are good for qualifying while others for the main event

YES! Ike Uche deserves a big apology from Keshi.
Keshi made a big mistake and he have to accept it. If I were the guy I will do the same thing.
Keshi is such a local champ, drop Uch pick Flavour, keep Mba and picked Aziz. undecided we can never 4get or 4giv him for that awful WC outing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Most Recent Picture of 74-year-old Muhammed Ali / Cameroon FA President, Eto'o Fils Accused Of Match-fixing in 'viral recordings' / Rate Nigeria's Match Against Italy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.