Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,175 members, 7,829,212 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:36 PM

When We Die! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When We Die! (10775 Views)

Where Do We Go When We Die? / We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire / What Happens When We Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When We Die! by Kay17: 4:49pm On Oct 08, 2014
MrAnony1:

No I don't. What is it?

It is Immanel Kant's philosophy on objective morality, that it is accessible via reason. And uncreated because of some contradiction issues. Try reading it up.
Re: When We Die! by mazaje(m): 4:55pm On Oct 08, 2014
MrAnony1:

I think we are done now. Thanks for your time.

Thanks for yours. . Cheers. .
Re: When We Die! by Kay17: 5:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
MrAnony1:

I get your point but you are wrong to say that man is an automaton in respect to his impulses because he cannot consciously choose his desires. While it is true that man is influenced by his desires, he is not controlled by them. A man is able to choose whether or not to succumb to a desire.

If it were true that man could not choose whether or not to act upon his desires, but his actions were driven by whatever he desired, then we couldn't possibly have a sense in which there is right and wrong or justice/injustice because every man would simply be an automaton in respect to his impulses. A rapist for instance wouldn't be responsible for rape because he didn't have conscious control of his desires. There would be no such thing as moral responsibility.

Now, you have said earlier this:

Christianity DOES NOT teach that man is incapable of choosing between right and wrong. It teaches that no man is capable of choosing the right all the time and never choosing wrong.

What drive is responsible for the above? Because it definitely cannot be desires, since desires do not control humans.
Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
^^^
Man's sinful nature.
Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 2:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
Kay17:

It is Immanel Kant's philosophy on objective morality, that it is accessible via reason. And uncreated because of some contradiction issues. Try reading it up.
Thanks, I'll look it up when I have time.
Re: When We Die! by Motolank: 7:20am On Apr 12, 2015
No one too is sure how this world started? But suddenly we discovered we are here? The same way we will face judgement one day and we will never argue against whatever is measured to us as due..
Just like this you like and do not like happen to you today and you have no choice

Cc mranony1 thebigurban2 obi1kenobi striktlymi manmustwac Martian muskeeto
[/quote]
Re: When We Die! by Motolank: 7:23am On Apr 12, 2015
GeneralShepherd:
I am sure no one reading this post lived in King Jaja of Opobo's era,nor did anyone of us reading this hear a live speech from Lord Lugard. The truth of the matter is we have no memory of our consciousness when these events happened.

So is this what will happen when we die? We fade into oblivion? Into nothingness? Like we were never here.

It is easy to deal with idea of not existing during the world war,or holocaust or any event before our date of birth,but how does one deal with the idea of fading away?

Is it remotely possible that our consciousness might survive our earthly bodies when we die? Is a belief in an afterlife just a mere fantasy?

No one too is sure how this world started? But suddenly we discovered we are here? The same way we will face judgement one day and we will never argue against whatever is measured to us as due..
Just like this you like and do not like happen to you today and you have no choice
Re: When We Die! by GeneralShepherd(m): 3:31pm On Nov 24, 2019
GeneralShepherd:
I am sure no one reading this post lived in King Jaja of Opobo's era,nor did anyone of us reading this hear a live speech from Lord Lugard. The truth of the matter is we have no memory of our consciousness when these events happened.

So is this what will happen when we die? We fade into oblivion? Into nothingness? Like we were never here.

It is easy to deal with idea of not existing during the world war,or holocaust or any event before our date of birth,but how does one deal with the idea of fading away?

Is it remotely possible that our consciousness might survive our earthly bodies when we die? Is a belief in an afterlife just a mere fantasy?

So I've been struggling with this question for nearly 5 years now

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! / 9 Reasons Why God Allows Trials And Tribulations. / What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.