Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,874 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

When We Die! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When We Die! (10767 Views)

Where Do We Go When We Die? / We Come Back as Lesser Animals When We Die - Satire / What Happens When We Die? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When We Die! by mazaje(m): 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
MrAnony1:
Good.

The assumption you have made is simply false and shows that you don't understand Christianity.

I understand christianity very well. . .ONLY those that believe in Jesus will be saved those that don't are doomed. . .Do you disagree with that?.Is that not what christiaity says? . .You are yet to show me that I don't understand christianity. . .

1. All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). All are therefore rightfully condemned. You are welcome to refute this by showing one person who has never sinned (i.e. someone is completely morally pure).

2. Christ came and paid the price for our sins hence taking the condemnation on our behalf

3. As many as reject the fact that Christ paid the price for them are simply demanding to bear their condemnation upon themselves.
...hence John 3:16-18

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. - John 3:16-18

For God does not show favoritism. All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares. - Romans 2:11-16

I asked you a simple question and all you did was to start explaining the christian theology that has NOTHING to do with what you said. . .You claim that morality only makes sense if their is life after death. . .You clearly agreed with me that only those that believe in Jesus will have access to good life after they die, those that don't will all perish. . .So my question is why should muslims, hindus, taoist, yazidi's, buddhists, ATR believers etc live morally upright lives since they have already condemned for not believing in Jesus?. . .Why should they live morally upright lives? It doesn't matter if they live morally upright lives, at the end they will perish so why should they live morally upright lives if morality only makes sense because of the after life which they have already been condemned?. . .You haven't even attempted to answer the question in anyway. . .

P/s: It was very interesting to observe how you quoted John 3:18 out of context completely ignoring the preceding verses which explain how[b] Christ did not come to condemn the world but to save it[/b].

You have started with your ways of claiming and ascribing to people statements they never made, I NEVER said Jesus came to condemn the world, all I have stated is that those who do not believe in Jesus are already condemned according to the bible. . .No where did I say that Jesus condemn the world, that is your own making. . .

"Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son."

If morality and living morally upright lives makes sense only because of the afterlife then why should muslims, atheist, taoists, hindus, taoist, yazidi's, buddhists, ATR believers, scientologist etc live moral upright lives since they have already been condemned to eternal perdition for not believing in Jesus. . .Why should it matter if a muslims goes about killing people here on earth, he doesn't belief in Jesus and is already condemed so why should he not kill?. . .What about hindus?. . .Why should they not go about raping, stealing, committing mass murder, no matter how good and ethical they live their lives, they have already been condemned for not believing in Jesus so why should they live moral upright lives since their unbelief already condemns them?. . .Again answer the question and stop running away from it. . .Why should it matter that a muslim or a hindu for example live morally upright here on earth since his unbelief in Jesus has already condemned him in the after life?. . .If morality only makes sense because of the after life then why should a non christian live morally since it doesn't matter in the end?. . .
Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 7:02pm On Sep 14, 2014
mazaje:
Why should it matter that a muslim or a hindu for example live morally upright here on earth since his unbelief in Jesus has already condemned him in the after life?.
I have sufficiently answered you. It is inaccurate to say that their unbelief in Christ is the reason why they are condemned. They are condemned because they have done immoral things. Christ offers them the means of salvation and where they reject it, they remain in their condemned state.

I hope that's clear enough for you now.
Re: When We Die! by logicboy01: 8:27pm On Sep 14, 2014
MrAnony1:
I have sufficiently answered you. It is inaccurate to say that their unbelief in Christ is the reason why they are condemned. They are condemned because they have done immoral things. Christ offers them the means of salvation and where they reject it, they remain in their condemned state.

What immoral things?

(anticipating the Anony twist and dodge)
Re: When We Die! by Ranchhoddas: 8:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
MrAnony1:

sorry sir but i did not see your answer.Pls answer it again,if you don't mind.
Re: When We Die! by mazaje(m): 10:01pm On Sep 14, 2014
MrAnony1:

You have not answered the question I have asked you at all. . .You keep trying to spin it but still end up saying the same thing. . .Is it christians that haven't done immoral things?. . .Christians as well constantly do immoral things and they continue to do immoral things but the believe that because they accept and believe in Jesus and his salvation they will be saved in the afterlife, isn't that so?. . .The reality is at the end belief in Jesus is ONLY what matters when it comes to the afterlife, no matter how morally upright you are(there are uncountable non christians that live very morally upright lives). In the end it doesn't matter because they have refused to believe the Jesus stories and for that they are condemned to eternal perdition in the afterlife. . .If morality makes sense only because of the afterlife, then why should it matter if all muslims go about killing people and forcing them to join their religion? After all they have already been condemned to eternal perdition in the afterlife for not accepting the Jesus story. . .Why should any non christian live morally upright life here on earth if morality makes sense only because of the after life since they have already been condemned for their unbelief?. . .Remember they will never accept the Jesus story, they have their own stories which also tells them that the Jesus story is a very false story, just the same way as you see theirs to be false. . .

If morality only makes sense because of the afterlife then you too will rot in allah's hell, you are already doomed in the afterlife, not because of how you acted morally and lived your life but because of your unbelief. . .You have no reason to live morally because of the fact that you refuse to accept allah's word(the Koran) and Mohammed his last messenger. . .whether you go about killing, cheating others, stealing causing pain to others, or doing the best charitable works on earth to see to it that you help alleviate the sufferings of others and better the environment and the human race as a whole, you are eternally doomed because of your unbelief. It doesn't matter at all . .I'll repeat again. . . If morality only makes sense because of the afterlife, then why does it matter that non christians who refuse to accept the Jesus story and believe it live morally upright lives( uncountable of them do live morally upright lives lives). . .Why should they since they have already been condemned in the afterlife?. . .Why should you as a non muslim live a morally upright life since you have been condemned in the afterlife to eternal torture for your unbelief in Allah and his last messenger, if morality only makes sense because of the afterlife?. . .Answer the question and stop running away from it. . .
Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 10:35pm On Sep 14, 2014
Ranchhoddas: sorry sir but i did not see your answer.Pls answer it again,if you don't mind.
You quoted it
Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 10:48pm On Sep 14, 2014
mazaje:
You have not answered the question I have asked you at all. . .You keep trying to spin it but still end up saying the same thing. . .Is it christians that haven't done immoral things? Christians as well constantly do immoral things and they continue to do immoral things but the believe that because they accept and believe in Jesus and his salvation they will be saved in the afterlife, isn't that so?
No it isn't so. a person who believes in the sacrifice of Christ but who still continues in unrepentant sin afterwards will go to hell for his/her sin. Again this clearly demonstrates that it is sin that brings condemnation.

I think I have made the distinction very clear now. If you feel that it is not sin (immoral actions) that condemns a person, then please carry on with your belief just know that it isn't what Christianity teaches at all.

For God does not show favoritism. All who sin apart from the law will also perish apart from the law, and all who sin under the law will be judged by the law. For it is not those who hear the law who are righteous in God’s sight, but it is those who obey the law who will be declared righteous. (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares. - Romans 2:11-16
Re: When We Die! by Kay17: 11:52pm On Sep 14, 2014
If man is incapable of being morally upright; I would rather elaborate, if man is incapable of choosing moral right from moral wrong, then he is not a moral being. Rather an amoral one. So what would be the point of punishing an amoral being?!

Christianity never makes sense.

1 Like

Re: When We Die! by mazaje(m): 5:52am On Sep 15, 2014
MrAnony1:
No it isn't so. a person who believes in the sacrifice of Christ but who still continues in unrepentant sin afterwards will go to hell for his/her sin. Again this clearly demonstrates that it is sin that brings condemnation.

I think I have made the distinction very clear now. If you feel that it is not sin (immoral actions) that condemns a person, then please carry on with your belief just know that it isn't what Christianity teaches at all.

It doesn't matter at all. . .I don't want to get into christian theology because how salvation is obtained has not been yet been agreed by christians. . .There are those that claim faith alone is enough others claim faith and works. . .I won't like to get into that because this is not what the topic is about. . .At the end what really matters is believing in the Jesus story and living according to it. . .That is what matters not how morally upright you live your life. .Christians do not live morally upright lives than non christians . . . .there is NO evidence what so ever to show that christians live morally upright lives more than non christians, no evidence for that what so ever. . .If at the end believing in Jesus is what matters and morality only makes sense because of the after life then why should non christians live morally upright lives?. . .Using you specifically as an example, you might be a moral person living according to the tenets of christianity but there are countless numbers of non christians that reject the stories of Jesus because they follow other stories from other religions that live better moral upright lives than you, but you believe you will be saved in the afterlife while they will be condemned even though they are better human beings than you morally. if morality only makes sense for humans because of the afterlife then why should they(non christians) live morally upright lives here on earth since they have already been condemn to eternal perdition in the afterlife?. . .You just don't want to touch the question, you keep running away from it, because its very obvious that it destroys your points. . .If acting morally on earth as human only makes sense because of the after life then majority of humans have no reason to act morally because they do NOT believe in the Jesus story and never will and for that they have been condemned already, so they have no reason to act morally in any way. . .But if morality depends on something else other than the afterlife then they have reason to live morally upright lives. . .
Re: When We Die! by Nobody: 6:27am On Sep 15, 2014
RayMcBlue: The afterlife is a fairy tale invented by human imagination. And each person's fairy tale is different.

We imagine that we have "souls," fabricate the concept of "eternal life" and then fantasize a place called "heaven," complete with streets of gold, calorie-free foods, frolicking virgins and whatever else we can come up with. Christians imagine it so vividly and repeat the fantasy so often that they actually believe it to be reality.

How bizarre can the fantasies get? Fly to Cairo and take a look at the Great Pyramid . There is the pyramid itself - still one of the largest man-made objects on earth. In addition there is the whole mummification process, the disassembled boats, the sacred artwork and so on. All of this was designed to help the pharaoh reach the afterlife.

How can u say existence of the soul is also a an invention? Can you explain how the human came about, do u think we just pop out of nothing?
We look at it now and we all know, with absolute certainty, that it was a complete and total waste of time. The Egyptian notion of the afterlife was a fantasy. The Christian notion of the afterlife is a fantasy in exactly the same way. Heaven is completely imaginary, just like hell... and just like God. Don't get it twisted.
Re: When We Die! by macof(m): 9:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
MrAnony1:

You are making absolutely no sense with all this ur contradictions
Just choose 1

1. Jesus is the gateway to the Christian afterlife, moral or not, belief in Jesus is all that matters
2. Morality is all that matters, not belief
3. Both, believe in the myths of Jesus and remain moral at all times
Re: When We Die! by logicboy01: 6:38am On Sep 16, 2014
^^^

$1 million says that Anony wont answer the question straight
Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 9:12am On Sep 16, 2014
mazaje:
It doesn't matter at all. . .I don't want to get into christian theology because how salvation is obtained has not been yet been agreed by christians. . .
Lololol.....you are such a funny fellow. You don't want to get into theology but all the while you have been been insisting that I take you up on a theological point (flawed as it may be but nonetheless...)

Secondly, you are wrong about Christians not agreeing about how one may be saved. All Christians know that one is saved by repenting from their sins, believing in the Lord Jesus Christ and forsaking sin and living righteously.

I know you think that Christians believe that committing sin is fine as long as you "believe in Christ" but you are wrong.

There are those that claim faith alone is enough others claim faith and works. . .I won't like to get into that because this is not what the topic is about. . .
Except that the bible teaches that faith is evidenced by our works. (See James 2:14-26)....but of course you don't want to discuss that, you only want to hold the view (in bold) that your actions don't matter as long as you believe alone. Interesting how now you agree with me that that is not what the topic is about.

At the end what really matters is believing in the Jesus story and living according to it. . .That is what matters not how morally upright you live your life.
Lolololol.....so now you agree that what really matters is that one has to both believe in Christ and live his/her life according to Him yet it doesn't matter how one lives his life? Or are you saying that the life of Christ is not morally upright?

Christians do not live morally upright lives than non christians . . . .there is NO evidence what so ever to show that christians live morally upright lives more than non christians, no evidence for that what so ever. . .
Lolololol....Christians by definition live according to Christ. Are you saying that the life of Christ is not morally upright? As opposed to which other kind of life?

If at the end believing in Jesus is what matters and morality only makes sense because of the after life then why should non christians live morally upright lives?
Non-Christians should live a morally upright life because they will be judged in the afterlife based on how they lived their lives. If they are pure and without sin then they will be rewarded but if any sin is found in them, they will be punished. Furthermore, if they have repented of their sins and accepted Christ's atoning sacrifice, then they will be forgiven of the sins they may have commited...but if they reject God's forgiveness through Christ then they will have to pay for their sins themselves.

. . .Using you specifically as an example, you might be a moral person living according to the tenets of christianity but there are countless numbers of non christians that reject the stories of Jesus because they follow other stories from other religions that live better moral upright lives than you, but you believe you will be saved in the afterlife while they will be condemned even though they are better human beings than you morally.
Yes because I have repented of my sins and I have been forgiven. If they refuse to repent of their sins and reject God's forgiveness through Christ then they will be rightfully punished by God's judgement. Unless you want to tell me that they are perfectly moral with absolutely no sin. Is that what you are saying?

if morality only makes sense for humans because of the afterlife then why should they(non christians) live morally upright lives here on earth since they have already been condemn to eternal perdition in the afterlife?
I think I have answered this question enough times now.

. . .You just don't want to touch the question, you keep running away from it, because its very obvious that it destroys your points. . .
Looooool....I don't know how many times I need to answer a question before you understand the answer.

If acting morally on earth as human only makes sense because of the after life then majority of humans have no reason to act morally because they do NOT believe in the Jesus story and never will and for that they have been condemned already, so they have no reason to act morally in any way. . .
Lol you are all over the place.

Erhm...no, they are not condemned because they did not believe in Christ, they are condemned already for the immoral actions they have done and hence rejecting Christ - who would have saved them - leaves them in their condemnation.

I must really applaud your diligent efforts to consistently miss this very point.

But if morality depends on something else other than the afterlife then they have reason to live morally upright lives. . .
Something else like what?
Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 9:15am On Sep 16, 2014
logicboy01: ^^^

$1 million says that Anony wont answer the question straight
LOL....This really got me laughing

$1 million says that you can't tell the difference between a question and a demand to choose from ill-formed alternatives.
Re: When We Die! by logicboy01: 9:18am On Sep 16, 2014
^^^
You see?

Anony evades the question and calls it a "demand to choose from ill-formed alternatives"

Simple multiple choice question and my guy dey dodge

#artfulDodger
#Anonyism
#Strawman
#EscapeTactics
Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 9:29am On Sep 16, 2014
logicboy01: ^^^
You see?

Anony evades the question and calls it a "demand to choose from ill-formed alternatives"

Simple multiple choice question and my guy dey dodge

#artfulDodger
#Anonyism
#Strawman
#EscapeTactics
Lol...exactly how I expected you to respond.

You really aren't capable of making sound points are you? The only tool you've got is mockery. That's it.

1 Like

Re: When We Die! by logicboy01: 9:30am On Sep 16, 2014
MrAnony1:
Lol...exactly how I expected you to respond.

You really aren't capable of making sound points are you? The only tool you've got is mockery. That's it.

lol......others have pointed out your dodging.

Enjoy cheesy
Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 9:58am On Sep 16, 2014
logicboy01:

lol......others have pointed out your dodging.

Enjoy cheesy
Lol. As I said, you have nothing left in your arsenal. Once you you are done with applying mockery, you are finished. There's nothing else
Re: When We Die! by logicboy01: 10:01am On Sep 16, 2014
MrAnony1:
Lol. As I said, you have nothing left in your arsenal. Once you you are done with applying mockery, you are finished. There's nothing else

Unfortunately, your ad hominems wont change the fact that you dodged
Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 11:15am On Sep 16, 2014
logicboy01:

Unfortunately, your ad hominems wont change the fact that you dodged
Lololol....."my ad hominem". All because I refuse to choose from three mal-formed options none of which represent what I believe.

If any of you are interested in understanding what my position is, feel free to read my responses to mazaje. I don't have the time anymore these days to treat malicious demands such as is macof's as if they are legitimate. Neither do I have the time to pay attention to empty mockery such as is logicboy's.

2 Likes

Re: When We Die! by MrAnony1(m): 11:24am On Sep 16, 2014
Kay17: If man is incapable of being morally upright; I would rather elaborate, if man is incapable of choosing moral right from moral wrong, then he is not a moral being. Rather an amoral one. So what would be the point of punishing an amoral being?!

Christianity never makes sense.
Lol...fallacy of equivocation. I hope you do realize that being morally upright is different from being able to choose between right and wrong.

Christianity DOES NOT teach that man is incapable of choosing between right and wrong. It teaches that no man is capable of choosing the right all the time and never choosing wrong.

Surely you can understand that distinction but to help you understand it I will ask you two questions

1. Are you capable of choosing between right and wrong?

2. Have you always chosen right over wrong?

You are free to pretend not to understand the difference between the two questions if you like.
Re: When We Die! by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 16, 2014
GeneralShepherd: So is this what will happen when we die? We fade into oblivion? Into nothingness? Like we were never here.

Most likely.
Re: When We Die! by macof(m): 6:41pm On Sep 16, 2014
MrAnony1:
Lololol....."my ad hominem". All because I refuse to choose from three mal-formed options none of which represent what I believe.

If any of you are interested in understanding what my position is, feel free to read my responses to mazaje. I don't have the time anymore these days to treat malicious demands such as is macof's as if they are legitimate. Neither do I have the time to pay attention to empty mockery such as is logicboy's.

Wat mal-formed options? grin you just trying to be careful not to contradict urself and beliefs some more. simply be humble and admit u have been a nuisance on this thread
You have made absolutely no sense from ur first post

3 Likes

Re: When We Die! by mazaje(m): 7:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
MrAnony1:
Non-Christians should live a morally upright life because they will be judged in the afterlife based on how they lived their lives. If they are pure and without sin then they will be rewarded but if any sin is found in them, they will be punished. Furthermore, if they have repented of their sins and accepted Christ's atoning sacrifice, then they will be forgiven of the sins they may have commited...but if they reject God's forgiveness through Christ then they will have to pay for their sins themselves.

Finally you have answered but you had to lie and throw away what your religion CLEARLY teaches you and says. . .Pls where in the bible is it written that people that do not believe in Jesus will be saved?. . .Saying that non believers will be saved if they are found without sin is your own making because the bible clearly says all have sinned and come short of the glory of god. . .Jesus himself said non is god except his father in heaven, other verses talk about peoples righteous acts being like filthy rags in the eyes of god. . .Living morally without accepting Jesus into your life will not give you access into heaven, stop making things up. . .

From the bible. . .

Jhn 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Who so ever believes in him will not perish but have everlasting life, if you don't believe in him you will perish. .

Jhn 3:18
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

This one is very much clear, I see no reason why you keep trying to spin it, no where does it say unbelievers are condemned for their sins any where in this verse, it clearly says that He who believes is not condemned but he who does not believe is condemned already and it gave the reason as to why the unbeliever is condemned , the reason is because he had not believed in the name of the only begotten son of god. . .

Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me John 14:6

These are are few biblical verses that clearly state the ONLY through Jesus will eternal happiness and salvation be achieved. . .Give me just one biblical verse that says those that do not believe in Jesus will be saved or have access to be with god in the life after death according to the christian religion. . .

You are just all over the place, it is very clear that under your world view non christians have no reason to live moral lives because they do not believe in Jesus and for that they have been condemned and will perish in the afterlife for not believing in Jesus, even if they live moral lives it doesnt matter. . .They will first have to believe in Jesus before any other thing. . .Non christians have no reason to live moral lives under your world view because at the end they will be cast away into eternal perdition in the afterlife. . .If morality only makes sense in the afterlife then majority of humans have no reason to act morally because they have already been condemned for their unbelief in the afterlife, according to your worldview that is. . .. . .
Re: When We Die! by mazaje(m): 7:40pm On Sep 16, 2014
macof:

Wat mal-formed options? grin you just trying to be careful not to contradict urself and beliefs some more. simply be humble and admit u have been a nuisance on this thread
You have made absolutely no sense from ur first post

Anony just threw what his religion teaches under the bus. . .he said non believes will go to heaven. . .He just wants to be every where. . .Its funny that every ones sees through his shenanigans except him. . .
Re: When We Die! by logicboy01: 8:08pm On Sep 16, 2014
mazaje:

Anony just threw what his religion teaches under the bus. . .he said non believes will go to heaven. . .He just wants to be every where. . .Its funny that every ones sees through his shenanigans except him. . .

grin grin grin
Re: When We Die! by akpos4uall(m): 8:26pm On Sep 16, 2014
What a nice thread with some nice replies. Thanks to FOLYKAZE & macof I've just learnt something new about consciousness. Clearly, few or nobody else agrees with both of them. To me, with their view, a better understanding of the terms/words life, death & afterlife can be easily explained. Hence, if you both don't mind, may you give us some examples as well as questions that will clarify what life, death and afterlife are before finally answering the OP?
Re: When We Die! by macof(m): 1:57pm On Sep 17, 2014
akpos4uall: What a nice thread with some nice replies. Thanks to FOLYKAZE & macof I've just learnt something new about consciousness. Clearly, few or nobody else agrees with both of them. To me, with their view, a better understanding of the terms/words life, death & afterlife can be easily explained. Hence, if you both don't mind, may you give us some examples as well as questions that will clarify what life, death and afterlife are before finally answering the OP?

Thank you akpos4uall.

I don't need to ask any more questions or give examples, I just consider the afterlife(experience after death) to be very reasonable in whatever angle you want to bring an argument.
But wat that experience is all about I don't know, and no one can possibly know

You are free to ask the questions
Re: When We Die! by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2014
akpos4uall: What a nice thread with some nice replies. Thanks to FOLYKAZE & macof I've just learnt something new about consciousness. Clearly, few or nobody else agrees with both of them. To me, with their view, a better understanding of the terms/words life, death & afterlife can be easily explained. Hence, if you both don't mind, may you give us some examples as well as questions that will clarify what life, death and afterlife are before finally answering the OP?

There is this statement I will employ here. . . . .

"You are alive – can you say what life is? You are alive – can you reduce your experience of life into objective knowledge and make a statement of what life is? And remember that you are alive, so you must know.

You don’t know life while you are alive and you are bothering about death! You will have enough time in your grave. At that time you can meditate on what death is. Right now, live! And don’t live lukewarm.”"

Mediate on this

1 Like

Re: When We Die! by Jameselias: 4:14pm On Sep 17, 2014
striktlymi: At what point does consciousness begin? Is it at the point of conception? The point when we start becoming aware of our environment? Or does it predate our physical existence?
Re: When We Die! by Jameselias: 4:29pm On Sep 17, 2014
It does predate you, like a fish born in the ocean does not know when the ocean began but only became aware of it, we are only partakers of universal conciosness it's only when ur physical senses are rippened to pick vibration of physical world that you become aware of it.
Re: When We Die! by whatofyou: 5:00pm On Sep 17, 2014
I use to think that since we were 'no where' before we were born, that when we die we get back to the state of the same 'no where.' But I started thinking about the reasons why we dream at night when we sleep. I now know that so many things -evil or good- can be sent ones way while he snores.
Who is that (ourself) person we really see in our dreams? Could that be our soul or spirit? I know that death can come to us through so many means, not by sleep alone. Sleep has many stages - when we dream or have nightmares are we on a quarter to cross-over? I am taking my time with my research on dreams. When I am done, I pray to give you...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Christianity And Jehovah Witness? / To All Atheists. Once And For All.. / Saved By Grace But Preserved By Works.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.