Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! (10755 Views)

The Olodo Guide To Paying Tithe / Your Motive For Paying Tithe / Paying Tithe To Widows And Orphans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by iluvnaija: 10:00am On Mar 25, 2012
Is it right to pay TITHE to orphanage home instead of giving it to church? I am asking because I believe orphanage homes need more money to meet their needs than giving it to church where pastors seems to be living extremely large while the poor can't afford a meal. Dont get me wrong I am not try to insult pastors but just trying to be fair. I need to be schooled on this issue. I need advice urgently!
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by hakanai(m): 3:15pm On Mar 25, 2012
^^^ can't say much about xtians.But my take on this issue, is that money meant for God as stipulated by most scriptures and should be used in actions relating to God and his love for man?If you take what is for God and give to his children in need, here on earth would that be wrong?Inshort i don't believe in giving someone to manage such funds.Considering this people are well to do and may have lost touch with the suffering folks around.So if God touch your mind say Orphanage deserve this love then do it.In your heart you do this with goodness and for God.Somehow giving someone else, may just deny this kids something good.I believe in direct assistance with your tithes to the needy.If truly people are men of God then they should even be happy you help them deliver it to the right quarters.While if they resist, you can see the selfishness.

4 Likes

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Lucy001(f): 3:22pm On Mar 25, 2012
^^^
wen it comes to titting, one is expected to give 10% of is monthly income to God but the question on my mind is dis, what happens wen such person is a business person and he/she can hardly calculates what comes in, on like a salary earner that perhaps has a fixed salary @ the end of the month, like wat the OP has pointed out most churches dis days tend not to use wat the tittes paid for, like giving to the needing, less priviliage etc
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by hakanai(m): 3:39pm On Mar 25, 2012
^^^^ my brother you know is 10% and if FIRS is asking for your taxes am sure you know just how to go about it.Now since its about God,your heart should answer that.If truly it means alot to you then you will sit down and calculate it.Just like you business accounting.That said let your love for what is right and God guide you.
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Kobojunkie: 3:44pm On Mar 25, 2012
iluvnaija: Is it right to pay TITHE to orphanage home instead of giving it to church? I am asking because I believe orphanage homes need more money to meet their needs than giving it to church where pastors seems to be living extremely large while the poor can't afford a meal. Dont get me wrong I am not try to insult pastors but just trying to be fair. I need to be schooled on this issue. I need advice urgently!
Thanks.

a) This is politics section. If you learn to abide by the rules here, I don't think you will have much problem abiding by other rules

b) Give unto God what is God's and unto Caesar, what is Caesars. Nothing stops you from giving another 10% of your income to Orphanages, from the remaining 90% that goes to you. Taking the only 10% that is meant to be God's share and giving it to Orphanages is signs that you are not able to remove your hand from the even small amount that God says is his.

If you have a problem with one church, you can always send it to another church. There is no law that says you must give God's share to a church you do not trust. There are so many churches out there, even in foreign lands. Give God's portion to a church you trust will use it for God's work.

To the Orphanage, you have 90% that is your share you can take out of to give the Orphanage, if you care as much as you pretend to.

5 Likes

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Nobody: 4:03pm On Mar 25, 2012
It is very much in order and in line with the original law of tithe as described in deut 14:22-29 and Deut 26:12
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 25, 2012
While xtians are enjoined to support their church financially there is no law in bible which stipulates any fixed percentage for them to pay to their churches.The old jewish law of tithe even while in force was not restricted to levites but also widows,strangers and orphans.

Xtians are however enjoined in 2 cor 9:7 to give freely out of their own volition.The jewish law of tithe is no longer in vogue but if you still wish to pay to the orpanages it is very much in order.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Mar 25, 2012
My dear, take that your tithe straight to the orphanage where it will be well utilized for the needy. Don't use you tithe to finance the excesses of your pastor and his family.

A word is enough for the wise

1 Like

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Ignatio(m): 5:13pm On Mar 25, 2012
Bros give it to the orphanage rather than someone who will use it to fattening his account. Those kids need it more.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by ABsI1: 5:19pm On Mar 25, 2012
iluvnaija: Is it right to pay TITHE to orphanage home instead of giving it to church? I am asking because I believe orphanage homes need more money to meet their needs than giving it to church where pastors seems to be living extremely large while the poor can't afford a meal. Dont get me wrong I am not try to insult pastors but just trying to be fair. I need to be schooled on this issue. I need advice urgently!
Thanks.
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Afam4eva(m): 5:22pm On Mar 25, 2012
It's in order to give to the needy. That's a way of showing love and God is love.
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by ABsI1: 5:29pm On Mar 25, 2012
Yes you can. There are three types of tithes. The levites tithe,the widows tithe and the fatherless children tithe. Furthermore, their varieties of other things you could with your tithe ala Deutronomy 14:22-26. May GodAlmighty Father of our Fathers Ezekiel,Abraham,Isaac, Jacob&Jesus Christ our Savior be Blessed
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by syncsilver(m): 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2012
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Nobody: 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2012
my friend straight to the orphanage! or u want to establish some people in airline bussines again?
and next time u should be in religious section for this kind problem
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Dipwater(m): 5:36pm On Mar 25, 2012
Paying tithe is not scriptural but if u want to give some money. It rather go to the orphanage home where it wuld be apreciated. Don't give even ur offering to any pastor cuz they don't need it. The money they have accumulated wuld serve dem for more than 100 yrs thanks
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by orekinky: 5:44pm On Mar 25, 2012
Malachi3 vs 8, 10-11 King James Version says, Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. (Also Verse 10-11) Bring ye all the tithes into the store-house, that there might be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. This passage clearly states that you should not rob God, let food be in his house, he gave you strength to make wealth, why will you now take his share to the orphanage? also with a clause that if he will not provide more food for you that you will have to take to orphanage home.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Goshen360(m): 5:49pm On Mar 25, 2012
Scriptural tithes DO NO LONGER EXIST TODAY. As you have purposed in your heart, GO GIVE TO THE ORPHANS AND GOD WILL BLESS. THE BIBLE VERSE IN LINE WITH YOUR ACTION IS WHERE JESUS SAID, I WAS HUNGRY, NAKED, POOR, HOMELESS, STRANGER, AND YOU GAVE ME. GOD BLESS YOU.

1 Like

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Goshen360(m): 5:54pm On Mar 25, 2012
orekinky: Malachi3 vs 8, 10-11 King James Version says, Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. (Also Verse 10-11) Bring ye all the tithes into the store-house, that there might be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. This passage clearly states that you should not rob God, let food be in his house, he gave you strength to make wealth, why will you now take his share to the orphanage? also with a clause that if he will not provide more food for you that you will have to take to orphanage home.

Who was God talking to in this verse? Who was the man God who refering to? Go study the whole of Malachi from chapter one n come back to answer the question. Malachi had being taken out of context to FRAUD GOD'S ON TITHE.

1 Like

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by ujchief(m): 5:56pm On Mar 25, 2012
op, when the pharisees came to Jesus with a similar case, He told them to 'Give to cesaer what is cesaer's, and to God, what is Hes!
DONT BE DECIEVED, FOR GOD IS NOT MOCKED!
Like someone rightly pointed out, nothing stops u from giving to the orphanage after paying ur tithe! Tithing and giving to the needy are all biblical, also, note that God used the verb 'pay' when talking about tithe, meaning that the tithe is a depth u must pay, not a free-will present u give.

1 Like

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by dontalk: 5:59pm On Mar 25, 2012
If you're really keen on this,you must separate TITHE from giving to orphanages. Obey God first,& don't try to be good in your own eyes. King Saul disobeyed God ,trying to be good to Agag. So,give your Tithe to God not minding whether there are thieves in the church. HE knows how to handle them. Moreover,Jesus said,"you always have the poor with you"

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Spirit96(m): 6:01pm On Mar 25, 2012
Malachi 3:10 says, 'bring d full tithes into d storehouse, that there may be food in my house...'(RSV). where is d house of God? D church. So, 10% of ur every income is 2 be taken 2 d Alter of God. Then, u can nw give whatever u wish 2 d motherless home frm d 90% u have.
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Goshen360(m): 6:11pm On Mar 25, 2012
Spirit96: Malachi 3:10 says, 'bring d full tithes into d storehouse, that there may be food in my house...'(RSV). where is d house of God? D church. So, 10% of ur every income is 2 be taken 2 d Alter of God. Then, u can nw give whatever u wish 2 d motherless home frm d 90% u have.

Many so called Christians do even know what they talk about. Bible says 'storehouse', you say house of God. They r not the same. We only have one instruction in the new testament, GIVING. Tithes had been abolished.

1 Like

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Exponental(m): 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2012
Do as ur mind directs u!
If God puts it in ur heart 2 bless orphanages, just do so, but humanly speaking, I will say give 2 God wats God n create another 4 d orphanage(s).
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Nicklee(m): 6:12pm On Mar 25, 2012
What bugs my mind is the definition of 'giving to God' in this context. How is giving tithe to the church equivalent to giving it to God? And if the answer is yes, then what constitutes a church? Is it when two or three gather in God's name? I have seen churches which are so few that 90% of the membership are the Pastor's family. At what point does a group of persons transform into a church and hence eligible for our tithes? Can I decide to make myself a church (ex. start fellowshiping with my family at home and collecting all the tithes)? At what point does a person (or pastor) become a custodian of the tithes to God?

My take is that New testament Christianity decentralized christian congregation and as such there is no one body that can claim ownership or absolute custodianship of collective contributions like tithes. We all are custodians and out primary responsibility is to our neighbors, needy people right next to us. This doesn't negate the need to give to the church but primarily, our responsibility is to our neighbors.

Also, there is little or no accountability for these sort of contributions. It is easy to assume that the average Nigerian pays about 10% tax to the government. As a result, we expect accountability from government, which we have never seen. Then there is another 10%, almost as much as government takes (atleast from christians) that churches collect and do not account for too. So, 20% of our income gone to unaccountable purses. The system needs some serious overhaul.

3 Likes

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by lifestyle1(m): 6:13pm On Mar 25, 2012
How come almost everyone is asking the OP to take the money to an orphanage?undecided How are we sure the money will not me misappropriated too in the orphanage home? Hope you know that Human beings are also in-charge of the orphanage. undecided

If you don't wanna pay your tithe to an established church, why don't you pay it to a less develop church or still take the money and personally share it to the beggars on the street.

And why is this is politics section ? undecided Please move to appropriate section.
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Kobojunkie: 6:15pm On Mar 25, 2012
goshen360:

Many so called Christians do even know what they talk about. Bible says 'storehouse', you say house of God. They r not the same. We only have one instruction in the new testament, GIVING. Tithes had been abolished.

Abeg stop with the idio_tic ramblings . . you are giving me a headache with the many desperate attempts to seem you have something reasonable to offer in this. . . where do you think the storehouse was in Biblical days? It was right there in the Temple you dingbat . . . If you have no clue what you are talking of, it is OK to SHUT the F up!!! Gosh!!!

Biblical tithe no longer applies? Where was that cancelled? Who did it? By whose authority?? Anywho, never mind cause given what you have posted so far, I suspect you are simply looking for others to grab until this silly ideas of yours so you can somehow pretend it legit as a result.
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by mrsolori(f): 6:16pm On Mar 25, 2012
Pls read malachai 3:5-10
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by karpentar: 6:19pm On Mar 25, 2012
can't say much about xtians.But my take on this issue, is that money meant for God as stipulated by most scriptures and should be used in actions relating to God and his love for man?If you take what is for God and give to his children in need, here on earth would that be wrong?Inshort i don't believe in giving someone to manage such funds.Considering this people are well to do and may have lost touch with the suffering folks around.So if God touch your mind say Orphanage deserve this love then do it.In your heart you do this with goodness and for God.Somehow giving someone else, may just deny this kids something good.I believe in direct assistance with your tithes to the needy.If truly people are men of God then they should even be happy you help them deliver it to the right quarters.While if they resist, you can see the selfishness.

If tighting is a commandment from God, then, the stipulated process should be strictly adhered to. If pastors abuse privileges, then, God who made the law must have appropriate punishments. This argument is akin to refusing to pay taxes to Nigerian government, simply because the money will be misappropriated. If you do that and get caught, you'll end up in jail.

1 Like

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by dustydee: 6:20pm On Mar 25, 2012
Thanks.
I think its ok if you give it to an orphanage. That's my understanding
Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by mekaboy(m): 6:25pm On Mar 25, 2012
MR OP, BOTH THE 10% AND THE 90% BELONGS TO GOD, IF HE SAYS BRING 10 TO HIS HOUSE, BRING IT TO HIS HOUSE IT IS NOT YOUR BIZNESS WHAT IS DONE WITH THE MONEY. OBEDIENCE IS BETTER THAN SACRIFICE .

JESUS SAID Mat 26:11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always.

WHEN U START TO INTERFERE WITH WHO GETS THE TITHE AND WHAT IS DONE WITH IT, THEN YOU ARE NOT A GOOD SERVANT. YOU GO TO A CHURCH EVERY SUNDAY , YOU LISTEN TO THE MESSAGE FROM THE PASTOR AND YOU ARE BLESSED, WHEN ITS TIME TO TITHE YOU GO TO THE ORPHANAGE .

WHEN YOU HAVE A PROBLEM REMEMBER TO GO TO THE ORPHANAGE FOR PRAYERS.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Jem1: 6:27pm On Mar 25, 2012
1. God no longer dwells in houses built with human hands.
2. Jesus said whatsoever you do to the least of my brethren, you do unto me.
3. This means if you want to give directly to Jesus, give to the needy e.g. the orphanage.
4. Giving to the orphanage is giving to Jesus.
5. Jesus didn't pay tithe from wages from carpentary work (Malachi robbing God curse did not apply to him)
6. If he had tried to pay from wages there would be no way to pay cash. (God's law on tithes could not be met by cash)
7. Apostle Peter and the others didn't pay tithe from wages. (Malachi robbing God curse did not apply to them)
8. Early Christians didn't pay tithes from cash (Malachi robbing God curse did not apply to them)
9. Please give to Jesus by giving to the orphans.
10. You will not be under a Malachi curse for giving 10% of your wages to orphans.

2 Likes

Re: Advice For Paying Tithe Needed Urgently! by Goshen360(m): 6:28pm On Mar 25, 2012
dontalk: If you're really keen on this,you must separate TITHE from giving to orphanages. Obey God first,& don't try to be good in your own eyes. King Saul disobeyed God ,trying to be good to Agag. So,give your Tithe to God not minding whether there are thieves in the church. HE knows how to handle them. Moreover,Jesus said,"you always have the poor with you"

You seem not to even understand where 'pay' tithe was used and where 'give' and there uses in context. Bible tithes as spitulated by God is not money but money exist in those days. Biblical tithes are from agricultural product and must be given to levites. levites no longer exist since only that tribe was ordained by God to receive tithe. Jesus cannot receive tithes because he was from the tribe of Judah. None of the apostles preached or received tithes. Apostle Paul wrote 2-3rd of d New testament, he didnt talk abt tithes. The only time he talked abt tithe was refering to how Abraham gave tithes to Melchizedek in heb 7, and he talked to abolish it since there is a change in the other of priesthood.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

When We Die! / What Has Been Your Unique Experience With Long Fasting? / Jehovahs Witnesses Suicide Rate 5 To 10 Times Above Average

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.