Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,134 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 (35802 Views)

Use Fulani Herdsmen,Hunters To Fight Boko Haram,Joda,Ribadu,Others Advise Buhari / Dangote Shuns Saraki, Ribadu, Others on twitter / Kalu, Ribadu, Others Form Political Group. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by disloman(m): 7:53am On Sep 05, 2014
Thot d acting governor wwas excluded frm d race.RIBADU!sorry ooooo.e dey pain gan.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Rawani: 7:55am On Sep 05, 2014
Ribadu, once a promising politician has ruined himself and will now be associated with disloyalty, greed and mistrust...effectively rubbishing his political career from now on. How he was so silly not to see the trap befuddles me, he knows them too well from his stint as the anti-corruption czar, but he was too blinded by ambition to see clearly.

Another classic from the people who brought you zoning magic - P eople D eceiving P eople.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Ndababa(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2014
Ministerial slots still dey sha... Calm your nerve!

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by deeptechcool(m): 7:58am On Sep 05, 2014
Ndababa: Ministerial slots still dey sha... Calm your nerve!
Yeah, you are right. Like Soludo is now the Minister for failed politicians

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by gogo2479: 7:59am On Sep 05, 2014
Can anyone tell me if ribadu is from adamawa central or not.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by DonaldGenes(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2014
I suspect Marwa might win
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by juman(m): 8:00am On Sep 05, 2014
“Two, we have also been able to have on record, that whoever is going to emerge
as governor will not contest in 2015 and it has also been unanimously agreed that
because Adamawa Central has not been able to produce governor of the state
before, it is on record that the Presidency and the party have accepted that the
aspiration for the PDP nomination for 2015 will be strictly for contestants from
Adamawa Central. It is not negotiable.

“So most of us from Adamawa Central have agreed to this position and about eight
of us have withdrawn from the race. We are going to remain members of the party
and we are going to contest in 2015 because it will give us the opportunity to
make that transformation that we want to change Adamawa into,” he stated.

His stepping down make sense.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by JUHABACH: 8:00am On Sep 05, 2014
Ndababa: Ministerial slots still dey sha... Calm your nerve!

QFT. tbh its a good thing ribadu stepped down else things would have been bad for the party in the long run
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by GodMode: 8:01am On Sep 05, 2014
Why What is going on
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 05, 2014
Tolexander: What kinda politician is this Ribadu self?

So obvious he is considered a threat to any political aspirant that will be presented by PDP if he is presented by APC for the gubernatorial election in Adamawa state. Hence, PDP has to get him out of the race, making him not contesting the election by using a gubernatorial bait which he couldn't resist.

If one doesn't take ones time to study nigerian politics before going into it, one will definitely be manipulated. At the end of the day, nothing would be gained but many will be lost.
Stop deceiving yourself. You cannot love Ribadu more than himself neither can you be more intelligent. Ribadu stood zero chance in APC because the godfather general (Tinubu) had ceded the right to pick the candidate for APC to the godfather local (Atiku). The godfather local has his candidate already and Ribadu was not in the picture and that was why he jumped out of the Aggrieved People's Congress

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by fkaz(m): 8:02am On Sep 05, 2014
“Two, we have also been able to have on record, that whoever is going to emerge
as governor will not contest in 2015 and it has also been unanimously agreed that
because Adamawa Central has not been able to produce governor of the state
before, it is on record that the Presidency and the party have accepted that the
aspiration for the PDP nomination for 2015 will be strictly for contestants from
Adamawa Central. It is not negotiable.”
“So most of us from Adamawa Central have agreed to this position and about eight
of us have withdrawn from the race.

No Fintiri 2015 he decamp to APC as the incumbent governor and contest against any PDP candidate, Ribadu don enter one chance. Make ribadu sitdon dey wait dia

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by vekanem(m): 8:03am On Sep 05, 2014
I think its pure democracy,like they all said,nobody was forced to stepdown.Really dnt knw y almost everybdy is looking at it from d negative side.If we r positive abt dis development,I tink its a gud one for ribadu and all d oda aspirants.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by athorello(m): 8:05am On Sep 05, 2014
Although I never "gbadu" his political escapades, I hope they are really positioning Ribadu for a greater office. But come 2015, it will be a different ball game. PDP ab initio! The sitting governor will tell us there was never an arrangement for him to sit in office for only 6months. Ribadu Sir, we are watching.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by lwise(m): 8:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Ribadu,the vice president federal republic of Nigeria,2015-2019.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by san316(m): 8:09am On Sep 05, 2014
This is interesting. They stepped down never to be governors till 2019. Chaai, this is depressing for us that want Ribadu to be Adamawa Governor. What next? Because I'm sure he won't be Governor in 2015. *sad face*

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 8:14am On Sep 05, 2014
Rawani: Ribadu, once a promising politician has ruined himself and will now a be associated with disloyalty, greed and cannot be trusted...effectively rubbishing his political career from now on. How he was so silly not to see the trap befuddles me, he knows them too well from his stint as the anti-corruption czar, but he was too blinded by ambition to see clearly.

Another classic from the people who brought you zoning magic - P eople D [/b]eceiving [b]P eople.

Ribadu is politically naïve and not so intelligent contrary to what I first assumed. I predicted that PDP was out to embarrass Ribadu and make him politically worthless. Their candidate has always been Ahmed Gulak for a job well done as GSG cOordinator

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Billygee2u: 8:17am On Sep 05, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: [size=18pt]Ntooooorrr Ribadu[/size]!!!
did you read the post at all?

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by ShehuAba(m): 8:18am On Sep 05, 2014
PDP guys can continue to talk trash for all I care.
After they will come out to tell us that they don't impose candidates. Why must candidates from Adamawa central not contest? Why will they be the only one to contest in 2015.
A party based on deceit, zoning, tribalism, Religious sentiments is not a true national party.
Now, look at how they terminated Ribadu's ambition untimely.
In 2015, they want only GEJ to contest their primaries and win.
Now tell me what's the essence of the waiver if he can't contest in the first place.
PDP MY FOOT!!

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Sunnybobo3(m): 8:19am On Sep 05, 2014
fkaz:

No Fintiri 2015 he decamp to APC as the incumbent governor and contest against any PDP candidate, Ribadu don enter one chance. Make ribadu sitdon dey wait dia

Like Timipriye Silva decamped to ACN and won or like Mbadinuju decamped to AD and won abi?

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by OnyeEgo1(m): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I hope Tinubu attack dogs read the report fully? The must important thing is that Ribadu and others were not forced to step down. There was no orders FROM ABOVE for certain candidates to step down. There was no preferred candidate by a godfather somewhere. There is no anointed candidate by a certain all powerful godfather. While joining PDP, Ribadu knew he would still have to contest with other heavyweights in a primary election. That is the BEAUTY of democracy and that was what attracted Ribadu to the PDP.

This is unlike the Aggrieved People's Congress (APC) where the godfather has already anointed a candidate to fly the party's flag

any candidate the apc godfather has annointed has been able to deliver in their given juridiction. Haba pdp don rule for 15 years wetin dem don achieve all this while? Even if it is not apc self but not pdp. Have a rethink

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by size38: 8:20am On Sep 05, 2014
Ribadu is finished politically. U see? We told him. Ribadu had every chance to contest and win under APC than the PDP where he was lured by GEJ and his PDP. PDP wants to deceive Ribadu twice. After deceiving him Adamawa guber ticket, now they are talking about 2015 election. There will be no guber election in 2015 again in Adamawa state after this election. Except for house of Assembly.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by ShehuAba(m): 8:20am On Sep 05, 2014
san316: This is interesting. They stepped down never to be governors till 2019. Chaai, this is depressing for us that want Ribadu to be Adamawa Governor. What next? Because I'm sure he won't be Governor in 2015. *sad face*

SAI RIBADU. EFCC CHAIRMAN IN THE WAITING.
Hahaha
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by fkaz(m): 8:21am On Sep 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I hope Tinubu attack dogs read the report fully? The must important thing is that Ribadu and others were not forced to step down. There was no orders FROM ABOVE for certain candidates to step down. There was no preferred candidate by a godfather somewhere. There is no anointed candidate by a certain all powerful godfather. While joining PDP, Ribadu knew he would still have to contest with other heavyweights in a primary election. That is the BEAUTY of democracy and that was what attracted Ribadu to the PDP.

This is unlike the Aggrieved People's Congress (APC) where the godfather has already anointed a candidate to fly the party's flag

And you failed to read the condition where the party agree that anybody that emerge as governor will not contest 2015 election, what right do they have to stop the governor?

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Billygee2u: 8:21am On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: Ribadu is politically naïve and not so intelligent contrary to what I first assumed. I predicted that PDP was out to embarrass Ribadu and make him politically worthless. Their candidate has always been Ahmed Gulak for a job well done as GSG cOordinator
did you ever read the post?

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 05, 2014
athorello: Although I never "gbadu" his political escapades, I hope they are really positioning Ribadu for a greater office. But come 2015, it will be a different ball game. PDP ab initio! The sitting governor will tell us there was never an arrangement for him to sit in office for only 6months. Ribadu Sir, we are watching.
Obasanjo, ALl Former and Present Governors, Jonathan, Yero of Kaduna, Umar of Gombe all promised not to go for another term. It is a political statement my brother

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 05, 2014
Billygee2u:
did you ever read the post?
Yes I did.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 05, 2014
ShehuAba:

See this political novice talking trash. The last time i checked Nigerian politicians don't keep to agreements. You think, the person who clinches the ticket will even win the election, and even if its so will he decide not to run in 2015. Is this not the same agreement GEJ had, and he's not keeping to it.
Hahaha PDP deceiving people since 1999.

Just what I wanted to comment. Six moths not too far...lets wait and see.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by solid3(m): 8:26am On Sep 05, 2014
#Lobatan for Ribadu

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by ShehuAba(m): 8:28am On Sep 05, 2014
Yes, they will ask did you ever read the post?.
Yes, they will say they are better than APC?
Yes, they will say they don't impose candidates
Yes, they will say it was an agreement.
Yes, they will say he's going to be the next vice President.
Yes, they will dream that he's going to be their next presidential candidate.

But, the truth is.

It's all liiieeeesssss.
PDP!!! LIAR PARTY
PDP!!! DECEIT PARTY
PDP!!! SENTIMENTAL PARTY
PDP!!! ZONING PARTY!!!
PDP!!! YEYE PARTY
PDP!!! MY FOOT.

A beg add your own

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 05, 2014
size38: Ribadu is finished politically. U see? We told him. Ribadu had every chance to contest and win under APC than the PDP where he was lured by GEJ and his PDP. PDP wants to deceive Ribadu twice. After deceiving him Adamawa guber ticket, now they are talking about 2015 election. There will be no guber election in 2015 again in Adamawa state after this election. Except for house of Assembly.
There will be an election as this is only a by-election to complete Nyako's term in office.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by sweetgala(m): 8:28am On Sep 05, 2014
People here called it and it happened as they predicted. A real shame, but maybe ribadu is looking at another posting in FG

President Buhari Sympathizes With Victims Of Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire / EFCC Arraigns Yahaya Bello’s Wife Rashida & Nephew Over ‘N3bn Fraud’ / President Buhari Was On Life Support - Fayose Insists (Video)