Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 (35799 Views)

Use Fulani Herdsmen,Hunters To Fight Boko Haram,Joda,Ribadu,Others Advise Buhari / Dangote Shuns Saraki, Ribadu, Others on twitter / Kalu, Ribadu, Others Form Political Group. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by viczing(m): 8:29am On Sep 05, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

Dreamer!!! Sorry!

Nah, you are the dreamer janjanweed fool

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by emmygzy(m): 8:30am On Sep 05, 2014
Nuhu ribadus political career is dead. Whoevers becomes the governor now will be the governor in 2015 because of the power of incubency. Ribadu is foolish for stepping down.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by tomakint: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2014
.....too many clowns foaming at the mouth unnecessarily, Ribadu and others were talked out of the race and they all agreed to step down without rancour (that is the beauty of democracy being displayed by PDP unlike APC) Ribadu is being positioned for a Ministerial post and future Governor unfortunately these bats are too blind to see the maturity displayed by PDP compared to their One Man Show Party!

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Orunto: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2014
If this is true, Ribadu should be brought back to Government as the IG of Police. He is better in that post till 2019 when he may face PDP PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARIES WITH DAVID MARK. O.I. SHALL BE SURE VP TO EITHER OF THEM.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Lucky77: 8:31am On Sep 05, 2014
Ribadu don enter 'ONE CHANCE' - poor him
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 05, 2014
Most APC supporters that commented here read only the headline of this topic, they didn't read the body grin

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 05, 2014
ShehuAba: Yes, they will ask did you ever read the post?.
Yes, they will say they are better than APC?
Yes, they will say they don't impose candidates
Yes, they will say it was an agreement.
Yes, they will say he's going to be the next vice President.
Yes, they will dream that he's going to be their next presidential candidate.

But, the truth is.

It's all liiieeeesssss.
PDP!!! LIAR PARTY
PDP!!! DECEIT PARTY
PDP!!! SENTIMENTAL PARTY
PDP!!! ZONING PARTY!!!
PDP!!! YEYE PARTY
PDP!!! MY FOOT.

A beg add your own
PDP!!!! Rogues In Power(RIP)
PDP!!! Party of Frauds
PDP!!! Party of Sycophants
PDP!!! Killer Party
PDP!!! Vultures In Power(VIP)
PDP!!! Vagabonds In Power(VIP)
PDP!!! Touts In Power
PDP!!! Crooks In Power

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by fkaz(m): 8:34am On Sep 05, 2014
Sunnybobo3:

Like Timipriye Silva decamped to ACN and won or like Mbadinuju decamped to AD and won abi?

Stop comparing bayelsa with Adamawa state politically APC is a threat to any PDP sitting governor in most northern state and Any APC sitting governor in north will easily win than those in south east or ss for now.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by ShehuAba(m): 8:35am On Sep 05, 2014
tomakint: .....too many clowns foaming at the mouth unnecessarily, Ribadu and 13 others were talked out of the race and they all agreed to step down without rancour (that is the beauty of democracy being displayed by PDP unlike APC) Ribadu is being positioned for a Ministerial post and future Governor unfortunately these bats are too blind to see the maturity displayed by PDP compared to their One Man Show Party!

From governor to minister.

After una Don finish the man career.
It's now time to dream for him.
Okay Continue....
But there is............

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by olabukola: 8:36am On Sep 05, 2014
when i tell you people that all thses politicians are same you guys keep on fighting in support or against. One day the least expected will happen and the day is not too far. keep watching this space.

on the other land, if gEJ and pdp dragged ribadu to pdp to disgrace him and he fell for it, who is the clueless one then?
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Firefire(m): 8:37am On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: PDP!!!! Rogues In Power(RIP)
PDP!!! Party of Frauds
PDP!!! Party of Sycophants
PDP!!! Killer Party
PDP!!! Vultures In Power(VIP)

Don't you think same is applicable to APC or is APC a saint ?

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 05, 2014
Orunto: If this is true, Ribadu should be brought back to Government as the IG of Police. He is better in that post till 2019 when he may face PDP PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARIES WITH DAVID MARK. O.I. SHALL BE SURE VP TO EITHER OF THEM.
What a foolish man you are
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Firefire(m): 8:38am On Sep 05, 2014
gboss4sure: Most APC supporters that commented here read only the headline of this topic, they didn't read the body grin

Comprehension is a challenge to them grin

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by crusader01(m): 8:38am On Sep 05, 2014
Ribadu and Soludo are of the same class.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by olabukola: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2014
fkaz:

Stop comparing bayelsa with Adamawa state politically APC is a threat to any PDP sitting governor in most northern state and Any APC sitting governor in north will easily win than those in south east or ss for now.
If a sitting APC governor could not win in SW i dont think you can be too sure in any other part of Nigeria.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by chronique(m): 8:39am On Sep 05, 2014
Comments on this thread shows how bad and disasterous our educational system has become. People can't even read and comprehend things. Damn it!!! In other newss,nice move by Ribadu. GEJ just gave him the opportunity to position himself as a very strong and almost unbeatable candidate in 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by dustydee: 8:39am On Sep 05, 2014
I don't understand why there should be another election next year. This, in my opinion, is a new mandate and different from that handed to Nyarko since his deputy did not take over from him to complete his term. What does the constitution say about this?
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by teemy(m): 8:40am On Sep 05, 2014
“Two, we have also been able to have on record, that whoever is going to emerge
as governor will not contest in 2015
and it has also been unanimously agreed that
because Adamawa Central has not been able to produce governor of the state
before, it is on record that the Presidency and the party have accepted that the
aspiration for the PDP nomination for 2015 will be strictly for contestants from
Adamawa Central. It is not negotiable.”

emmygzy: Nuhu ribadus political career is dead. Whoevers becomes the governor now will be the governor in 2015 because of the power of incubency. Ribadu is foolish for stepping down.

size38: Ribadu is finished politically. U see? We told him. Ribadu had every chance to contest and win under APC than the PDP where he was lured by GEJ and his PDP. PDP wants to deceive Ribadu twice. After deceiving him Adamawa guber ticket, now they are talking about 2015 election. There will be no guber election in 2015 again in Adamawa state after this election. Except for house of Assembly.

barcanista: Ribadu is politically naïve and not so intelligent contrary to what I first assumed. I predicted that PDP was out to embarrass Ribadu and make him politically worthless. Their candidate has always been Ahmed Gulak for a job well done as GSG cOordinator

Please read the OP's post all over again especially the bolded part I quoted. https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1888654

It was a wise decision of chosing to run for the 2015 Governorship election than run for less than a year in replacement of the impeached governor's tenure moreso, the acting governor is also running now. Just as Juman said,

juman:
His stepping down make sense.

even I would chose the second option of four over one year.

Cheers
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Orunto: 8:41am On Sep 05, 2014
Ok Mr APC. I know you are an arab alien and a saboteur.@ barcanista.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 05, 2014
Firefire:

Don't you think same is applicable to APC or is APC a saint ?

APC as a party represent progressiveness with leaders like GMB, Pat Utomi, Dr. Rabiu Kwankwaso, John Oyegun, and the Master Strategists-the Jagaban himself, Fashola and others on the frontline. We have our own defect which is common to every group. The APC is in favor of technocrats (Fashola/Fayemi) or political technocrats(Kwankwaso/Amaechi) steering the ship of government unlike the pdp that parades 90% rogues and marginalise the 10% technocrats
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by ojesymsym: 8:57am On Sep 05, 2014
But why didn't they tell him this before dangling the position to him in the first place. They just deceived the grown man jo. Or he has decided that Nigeria is a failed nation and has decided to join them since you can't beat them. Either way, another good man deceived.; Like ribadu like soludo.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by otokx(m): 8:59am On Sep 05, 2014
ratiken: Ribadu is being positioned for something greater. Watch this space.

If GEJ will hand over to a Northerner come 2019 ..... It can only be Ribadu.

Thought GEJ was handing over to the wise men from the east.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 05, 2014
Adamawa Guber: Ribadu, Barka, Tukur Others Withdraw from Race

05 Sep 2014

Chuks Okocha and Nanbut Daji

Apparently to enable the zone of impeached governor, Muritala Nyako, to complete his tenure, most of the governorship aspirants from the Adamawa central zone have withdrawn from the PDP governorship primary election slated for Saturday.

Those that have withdrawn, THISDAY gathered include Nuhu Ribadu; Auwal Tukur; Aliyu Idi Hong, Andrawus Sawa; James Barka; Gen. Aliyu Kama; Markus Gundiri and Abubakar Girei. They are stepping down for the acting governor, Umar Fintiri, to complete the tenure of the former governor, Murtala Nyako.

This was the outcome of the meeting with the Adamawa state stakeholders, aspirants and President Goodluck Jonathan. The meeting lasted for more than four hours.

With their withdrawal from the race, the ticket is close to the acting governor, Umar Fintiri and former Executive Secretary of UBEC, Dr. Mohammed Moddibo.

Details to follow

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/adamawa-guber-ribadu-barka-tukur-others-withdraw-from-race/188245/

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by maestroferddi: 9:05am On Sep 05, 2014
I am not interested in this premature celebration, all I know is that from the look of things, Ribadu will ultimately wave the upper hand.

Something tells me this Ribadu is destined for greater things...

I pity those who choose to underestimate a formidable opponent whereas the appropriate thing to do is to pre-empt their next moves.

Believe that Ribadu would just come over to PDP to be humiliated; believe anything...

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by infohenry(m): 9:07am On Sep 05, 2014
Simple calculation for those contesting, win the election first and then see who will ask a sitting governor not to contest when it's his constitutional right. Afterall nobody keeps to political agreement in nigeria. Ribadu get yourself another job now becuse you have lost out.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 05, 2014
Orunto: Ok Mr APC. I know you are an arab alien and a saboteur.@ barcanista.
clown

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by hapiness44(f): 9:13am On Sep 05, 2014
Am I the only one seeing this differently?..I feel Ribadu is actually going for the bigger picture which is 2015 election.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by AWODCHEMIST(m): 9:13am On Sep 05, 2014
PDP now family affair since 1999.......feel so sorry for my dear country.........Awothydgreat

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 05, 2014
teemy: “Two, we have also been able to have on record, that whoever is going to emerge
as governor will not contest in 2015
and it has also been unanimously agreed that
because Adamawa Central has not been able to produce governor of the state
before, it is on record that the Presidency and the party have accepted that the
aspiration for the PDP nomination for 2015 will be strictly for contestants from
Adamawa Central. It is not negotiable.”

Please read the OP's post all over again especially the bolded part I quoted. https://www.nairaland.com/newpost?topic=1888654

It was a wise decision of chosing to run for the 2015 Governorship election than run for less than a year in replacement of the impeached governor's tenure moreso, the acting governor is also running now. Just as Juman said,

even I would chose the second option of four over one year.

Cheers
All those are political statements my friend. Mark my words

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by AWODCHEMIST(m): 9:15am On Sep 05, 2014
Exactly what I think......
hapiness44: Am I the only one seeing this differently?..I feel Ribadu is actually going for the bigger picture which is 2015 election.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by IYANGBALI: 9:20am On Sep 05, 2014
ratiken: Ribadu is being positioned for something greater. Watch this space.

If GEJ will hand over to a Northerner come 2019 ..... It can only be Ribadu.
yawns, ribadu ko ibadi aran ni
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by mike404(m): 9:20am On Sep 05, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Jonahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
CLEVERLY HOW FAR

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Suicide Bombers Shot While Trying To Attack A Military Post In Borno.PICS / Zahra Buhari-indimi Debut Her Growing Baby Bump (photo) / Udom Sacks Commissioner, Victor Antai, Seen With Akpabio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.