Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 (35800 Views)

Use Fulani Herdsmen,Hunters To Fight Boko Haram,Joda,Ribadu,Others Advise Buhari / Dangote Shuns Saraki, Ribadu, Others on twitter / Kalu, Ribadu, Others Form Political Group. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 6:25pm On Sep 05, 2014
SpencerLewis:
My brotherman barcanista, may ur days here on planet earth be longer than d legendary biblical uncle Methu. U are 100% correct in ur analysis.
issseeeeeeee and you too brother
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by SpencerLewis(m): 6:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
dustydee: I don't understand why there should be another election next year. This, in my opinion, is a new mandate and different from that handed to Nyarko since his deputy did not take over from him to complete his term. What does the constitution say about this?
U are very right. The loyalists of the incumbent governor(assuming PDP wins) will go to court 4 interpretation of a governors tenure. By the time the matter reaches the supreme court after the rigmarole/somersaults in the lower courts 2-3yrs may have gone. The supreme will likely rule in the governor's favour that his term began when he 1st took oath as he was not elected in the same ticket with impeached Nyako. Worst he moves to APC and will likely win.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by InvertedHammer: 6:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
/
Ribadu is finally dead and buried politically.

APC: No way!

PDP: Used and dumped.

All the reputation built while in EFCC destroyed overnight.

PDP finally unmasked the clown

\
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by SpencerLewis(m): 6:59pm On Sep 05, 2014
otokx:

Thought GEJ was handing over to the wise men from the east.
Which wise men from the east? our people appeared to be the most foolish/naive when it comes to Nigerian politics. it will be extremely difficult for an Igbo man to rule Nigeria with these set up. they can only do that by accident just the their so called 'brother GEJ'. Let them keep supporting an Ijaw man that hate we the Igbos with passion. they never supported us in 1st, 2nd and 3rd republic. those minorities in the 4ma eastern region hate the Igbos. They are now relying on the support of a major ethnic group (the Igbos) to hold unto power. But I bet it will back fire on us very soon.
GEJ handing over to an Igbo man is the biggest joke of the century. And by the way stop calling us the wise men from the east, b/c there is nothing wise in our political decisions since the invention of the evil patrty called (PDP)
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Tolexander: 7:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
donroxy: Tolexander forget it , Ribadu still ace in that move .... We need a sane man around GEJ in order to avoid stories that touch come 2015 ....... I wasn't happy when he was called for Adamawa's Job , personality like Ribadu is a national resources not state !

Also, this shows lack of Political dexterity on the path of APC in protecting her national asset from being lured by PDP ..... Give or take :

PDP is a party to reckon with in Africa and we have to respect that ... If we can't outsmart them maybe personality like Ribadu could provide a new perspective !!

He will surely become Minister of the core sector very soon !!
i've always respected reason, purpose, aim and motive.

Ribadu's purpose for decamping to PDP from APC is contesting the gubernatorial election under the PDP's umbrella. He may be a national figure and seems to be larger than the post but the reason still stands. Now the reason has been defeated and have to pursue another goal.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Toks2008(m): 8:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
FLYFIRE:
SORRY, BUT THOSE WITH GEJ IS SO MANY MORE THAN THOSE AGAINST HIM grin grin grin

I agree and from wat is brewing in APC,i guess he will be having a smooth sail.

If Buhari comes out again,this time he may fail woefully. Its time they bring a fresh face.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by ndcide(m): 8:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
SpencerLewis:
Which wise men from the east? our people appeared to be the most foolish/naive when it comes to Nigerian politics. it will be extremely difficult for an Igbo man to rule Nigeria with these set up. they can only do that by accident just the their so called 'brother GEJ'. Let them keep supporting an Ijaw man that hate we the Igbos with passion. they never supported us in 1st, 2nd and 3rd republic. those minorities in the 4ma eastern region hate the Igbos. They are now relying on the support of a major ethnic group (the Igbos) to hold unto power. But I bet it will back fire on us very soon.
GEJ handing over to an Igbo man is the biggest joke of the century. And by the way stop calling us the wise men from the east, b/c there is nothing wise in our political decisions since the invention of the evil patrty called (PDP)

When a political Lilliput speaks, you'll know. Which Igbo man can contest the presidency in 2015 and win. look if you support APC then tell them to bring out an Igbo man for 2015 contest and see.

you can say you don't do tribal politics, but that will be a lie.

It takes so much stratagem to win the presidency. a lot is involved. ask Rochas and buhari. any one who sees their campaign will think they'll win.

for me the Igbo people are wise . any obvious move against GEJ will make things difficult. Is it APC that will give the thicket to Igbo man? They wouldn't even think of bringing out s Yoruba man. any attempt on such will destroy the party.

guy, be wise.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by afrikanns: 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I hope Tinubu attack dogs read the report fully? The must important thing is that Ribadu and others were not forced to step down. There was no orders FROM ABOVE for certain candidates to step down. There was no preferred candidate by a godfather somewhere. There is no anointed candidate by a certain all powerful godfather. While joining PDP, Ribadu knew he would still have to contest with other heavyweights in a primary election. That is the BEAUTY of democracy and that was what attracted Ribadu to the PDP.

This is unlike the Aggrieved People's Congress (APC) where the godfather has already anointed a candidate to fly the party's flag
with all honesty and no emotion attached, with this your contributions it shows you are an absolute novice in Nigeria politics.Don't you give it an in depth thought that it was a way to take him out of the contest ni ke.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by nnofaith: 10:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ribadu just took a worthless promissory note!

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 06, 2014
Tolexander: i've always respected reason, purpose, aim and motive.

Ribadu's purpose for decamping to PDP from APC is contesting the gubernatorial election under the PDP's umbrella. He may be a national figure and seems to be larger than the post but the reason still stands. Now the reason has been defeated and have to pursue another goal.
I believe you know Politics is beyond Media reports of ''Ribadu has been lured to become Governor'' and politics is a game of interest which can change its course @ will, due to new available (security) information !!! ...
Reason, Purpose, aim and motive is for advanced democracy not ours because we don't have any party with concrete Ideology yet nay Politician !

The Governorship course might have truly been defeated but there are many other courses beyond Governorship , hmmm !

Imagine, Ribadu even stepped down (not contesting in primary) definitely, there is bigger game to be played !
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by eronmosele75(m): 3:17pm On Sep 06, 2014
Being a crime fighter and leading a state government requires different skill-set and mindset.Ribadu may not be the best foot for Adamawa people after all.Again,he may have been told to 'stoop low to conquer'. The game of politics is fought at the polling booth but won at the thinking corner.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by zurine(f): 6:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

El-Rufai Holds Meeting With Teslim Folarin And Others / Why Buhari Must Handle Tompolo With Tact / President Buhari Was On Life Support - Fayose Insists (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.