Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 (35801 Views)

Use Fulani Herdsmen,Hunters To Fight Boko Haram,Joda,Ribadu,Others Advise Buhari / Dangote Shuns Saraki, Ribadu, Others on twitter / Kalu, Ribadu, Others Form Political Group. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by decasey(m): 12:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
ratiken: Ribadu is being positioned for something greater. Watch this space.

If GEJ will hand over to a Northerner come 2019 ..... It can only be Ribadu.
Brother thank u, dis comment u just type now has been on my ind 4 a long time.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Owoplenty(m): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ribadu & his ectopic-pregnancy, i pity this glorified mumu.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by ikotubiabio: 12:24pm On Sep 05, 2014
Nuhu Ribadu thought it was Rosy as they played him to belief. He is a looser trying to reap where he did not sow. His integrity is questionable.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
Chapter VI, Part II, ,Section 180(2) of 1999 constitution says: Subject to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, the Governor shall vacate his office at the expiration of period of four years commencing from the date when -
(a) in the case of a person first elected as Governor under this Constitution, he took the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office; and
(b) the person last elected to that office took the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office or would, but for his death, have taken such oaths.
Let someone tell me where I can find the clause that supports a 6-month term of a governor elected by bye-election!

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by ShehuAba(m): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2014
PDP guys can't stop amazing me with their comments.
After they have deceived Ribadu, they are now saying that there's something better waiting for him in the party. Oboy, I laugh in Swahili, this is not only funny but also illogical.
How on earth will a party that failed to give you the support when needed, compensate you with something better.
Some are even talking about the vice presidency as if the person there is a mumu and will allow a newbie to take his place.
It looks too good to be true, this is Nigeria and our politicians are something else, Even if sambo agrees there are many sycophants that will frustrate the efforts.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by ShehuAba(m): 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2014
From today onwards, expect this from PDP e-posters
GEJ/RIBADU 2015.

Their eyes Don clear.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Sep 05, 2014
great1:

so you mean just a few typed words are already getting you worked out? learn to understand ones perspective before giving emotional response.

thanks.
Your perspective about this matter is wrong. In an attempt to justify his withdrawal from the race, you were calling Governorship a "mere position".
Anyway, I withdraw my insults
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 12:40pm On Sep 05, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: Jonahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Jonannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn grin

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by jojomario(m): 12:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
What a conspired conspiracy. Oga Ribadu, what is our next move?
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by jojomario(m): 12:50pm On Sep 05, 2014
“For that reason, we saw it is wiser that if you are going to do something to
change the fortune of Adamawa, you need a longer period of time. So, we decided
that it is not wise for you to go into this aspiration for six months,” Hong said. Fortune of Adamawa or fortune of their pockets?
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by theoctopus: 12:57pm On Sep 05, 2014
Most APC people don't know how to read. Those that can read, obviously can't comprehend.

How can Ribadu have been disgraced when he voluntarily step Down? grin

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by superbloke(m): 1:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
enigmaotr: Chapter VI, Part II, ,Section 180(2) of 1999 constitution says: Subject to the provisions of subsection (1) of this section, the Governor shall vacate his office at the expiration of period of four years commencing from the date when -
(a) in the case of a person first elected as Governor under this Constitution, he took the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office; and
(b) the person last elected to that office took the Oath of Allegiance and oath of office or would, but for his death, have taken such oaths.
Let someone tell me where I can find the clause that supports a 6-month term of a governor elected by bye-election!
Check section 191(2) of the same chapter: "where any vacancy occurs in the circumstances mentioned in subsection (1) of this section during a period when the office of the deputy governor of the state is also vacant, the speaker of the house of assembly of the state shall hold the office of the Governor of the state for a period not more than 3 months, during which there shall be an election of a new governor of the state who shall hold office for the unexpired term of office of the last holder of the office".

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by jackdaniels(m): 1:21pm On Sep 05, 2014
D only party which is consistent wit promise and fail syndrome is d supporters of APC.. Ask Atiku abt 2007 election , ask Ribadu abt 2011 elections.. Even Tom ikimi shuld also be asked questions too.. grin... Smokin my weed wit Apc flag
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Mkpotu(m): 1:49pm On Sep 05, 2014
Will there even be election in Adamawa in 2015? I really doubt....
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 05, 2014
superbloke:
Check section 191(2) of the same chapter: "where any vacancy occurs in the circumstances mentioned in subsection (1) of this section during a period when the office of the deputy governor of the state is also vacant, the speaker of the house of assembly of the state shall hold the office of the Governor of the state for a period not more than 3 months, during which there shall be an election of a new governor of the state who shall hold office for the unexpired term of office of the last holder of the office".
Thanks
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by onoja12: 2:26pm On Sep 05, 2014
correction ribadu finished his political career by his own self

NgeneUkwenu: Ribadu's Political Career Has Been effectively ruined by the evil party!
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by authority2006(m): 2:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
"We have been given a caveat and one thing we have succeeded in extracting from this meeting is that the meeting started with a preamblethat whoever is going to contest and if he happens to win as a governor, he will not have the right to contest the 2015 election.” Just like Jonathan honoured his secret agreement with the Northern PDP elements.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by emiye(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2014
APC now has a chance to take advantage of the shoddy arrangement by PDP, all it now needs is to tell the electorates not to vote for a 6 months PDP.governor , but a governor who will contest and win to govern the state for 6 months and recontest again for continuity.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by makazona(m): 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2014
A brilliant way of punchuring the political Umbrella of Ribadu so as to allow the coming rain catch him outside.
As far as am concerned,the goal post can be shifted in 2015 probably with another "doctrine of necessity"

Marwa and others must have said "WHEN WE GET TO THE BRIDGE,WE CROSS IT"

lets watch out

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Mclement: 3:12pm On Sep 05, 2014
ribadu knows what he is doing. let him be. God bless Nigeria
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Caseless2: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2014
ilugunn: PDP is very deadly! Ribadu what next?cheesy
come back to apc.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 4:15pm On Sep 05, 2014
pdp frustrating and destroying Nigeria democracy since 1999. Even a dead man knows non of this aspirants will desist from contesting in 2015. Pdp making and breaking rules since 1999. By the way what makes pdp think they can win both elections? Ribadu is now dinning with the devil.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by sholasys: 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2014
My concern is why cant they allow the acting gov to just complete this tenure ? This is a complete waste of money, after all in the next 9months they will hand over

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
vekanem: I think its pure democracy,like they all said,nobody was forced to stepdown.Really dnt knw y almost everybdy is looking at it from d negative side.If we r positive abt dis development,I tink its a gud one for ribadu and all d oda aspirants.
viewing what from what positive lens! Just the way Jonathan has continued the pdp policy of power sharing between North and South abi. Keep daydreaming, politicians don't care a hoot about u, they care for their selfish interest. There is no way a governor will rule for just 6 months, decamping to another party will make him eligible or beta still he can deny being a part to the agreement just the way GEJ did.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Caseless2: 4:48pm On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: I've always suspected that the President is in favor of Ahmed Gulak. Remember, he's the coordinator of Goodluck Support Group and former SA to the President. All they have successfully done is to take out Mr. Ribadu-who they see as a potential threat from the APC camp. In 2015, Gulak will be incumbent(that is should pdp win) and will recontest at the polls. PDP do not joke with their incumbents at all. In Kaduna Yero has been adopted, in Gombe Umar is being positioned. Jonathan wouldn't have got the ticket if he wasn't the incumbent in 2011, same with Patrick Yokowa.

Ribadu is a goner
in 15 years, pdp jst impressed me. I told everyone that all pdp was doing , is to take away a sellable candidate in the apc[(ribadu) who they see as a threat] jst to weaken opposition(apc) nr maybe, slim down their chance in the election; they've succeeded in doing that.
How are we sure anyone that wins in pdp wont contest when gej their boss is a product of such unfulfiled promise of zoning? Again, gej needs an incubent govnor who's nursing an ambition of re-contesting and will b ready to fight his heart out for gej to garner a lot of votes in adamawa. This tels u whoever wins will not step down in 2015 , as he must have established a rigid closeness with presidency and won its love to get a nod to continue as govnor of adamawa.
One of the reason pdp gave when they were wooing ribadu was that; they want him in pdp so that adamawa ppl wld knw that they meant well for them by impeaching nyako and convince them to vote pdp by fielding Ribadu as their flagbearer in d election. Now, it is time and ribadu is no more in the picture and i wonder how adamawa ppl wil take pdp right now.
in 15 yrs, pdp jst impressed me!

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Caseless2: 4:54pm On Sep 05, 2014
theoctopus: Most APC people don't know how to read. Those that can read, obviously can't comprehend.

How can Ribadu have been disgraced when he voluntarily step Down? grin
u dnt knw anything.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Caseless2: 5:17pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I hope Tinubu attack dogs read the report fully? The must important thing is that Ribadu and others were not forced to step down. There was no orders FROM ABOVE for certain candidates to step down. There was no preferred candidate by a godfather somewhere. There is no anointed candidate by a certain all powerful godfather. While joining PDP, Ribadu knew he would still have to contest with other heavyweights in a primary election. That is the BEAUTY of democracy and that was what attracted Ribadu to the PDP.

This is unlike the Aggrieved People's Congress (APC) where the godfather has already anointed a candidate to fly the party's flag
read again! This is more than being forced to step down, but tricked to keep quiet forever.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by yomanovic: 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I hope Tinubu attack dogs read the report fully? The must important thing is that Ribadu and others were not forced to step down. There was no orders FROM ABOVE for certain candidates to step down. There was no preferred candidate by a godfather somewhere. There is no anointed candidate by a certain all powerful godfather. While joining PDP, Ribadu knew he would still have to contest with other heavyweights in a primary election. That is the BEAUTY of democracy and that was what attracted Ribadu to the PDP.

This is unlike the Aggrieved People's Congress (APC) where the godfather has already anointed a candidate to fly the party's flag

Na u sabi pass!!! U folo dem enter the ogogoro joint where den take the decision? Or e easy make all those people to just step down just like that? You had better wake up fast and realise that it was actually an order from above. What has just happenend is a serious political deprivation on Ribadu's personaility.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by yomanovic: 5:36pm On Sep 05, 2014

Na u sabi pass!!! U folo dem enter the ogogoro joint where den take the decision? Or e easy make all those people to just step down just like that? You had better wake up fast and realise that it was actually an order from above. What has just happenend is a serious political deprivation on Ribadu's personaility. The thing fit boost hin CV though.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 05, 2014
Caseless2: in 15 years, pdp jst impressed me. I told everyone that all pdp was doing , is to take away a sellable candidate in the apc[(ribadu) who they see as a threat] jst to weaken opposition(apc) nr maybe, slim down their chance in the election; they've succeeded in doing that.
How are we sure anyone that wins in pdp wont contest when gej their boss is a product of such unfulfiled promise of zoning? Again, gej needs an incubent govnor who's nursing an ambition of re-contesting and will b ready to fight his heart out for gej to garner a lot of votes in adamawa. This tels u whoever wins will not step down in 2015 , as he must have established a rigid closeness with presidency and won its love to get a nod to continue as govnor of adamawa.
One of the reason pdp gave when they were wooing ribadu was that; they want him in pdp so that adamawa ppl wld knw that they meant well for them by impeaching nyako and convince them to vote pdp by fielding Ribadu as their flagbearer in d election. Now, it is time and ribadu is no more in the picture and i wonder how adamawa ppl wil take pdp right now.
in 15 yrs, pdp jst impressed me!
hahahaaha Next to be humiliated is Jimi Agbaje
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by SpencerLewis(m): 6:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
I pity Ribadu. He is finished politically. Cross carpeting to PDP was the worst mistake of his political career. The PDP apologists sold d dummy to him that he can can only win the governorship race by joining their evil party and he stupidly fell for that. It never occurred to him that people like Adams Oshiomhole and Mimiko defeated incumbent PDP governor in their respective state virtually from a non-existing parties in their states. They did these by their own personalities and charisma rather thn their party platforms.
2ndly, how can they believe that in 2015, that whoever wins now will step down just after 6 months on the ground of a written document. Their short memoriesfailed them so shortly. GEJ refused to step down after completing Yar'Adua's 1st term in agreement with their zoning formula. He promised only one term in 2011 and was supported by the north. Now he is desperately campaigning for another term of 4yrs. These Ribadu and all those stepped down are just small pikins in politics. If any of these clowns happened to emerge as governor(God 4bid) after the by-election, i bet u, they will play the same card GEJ played on zoning formula come 2015 and as a sitting incumbent he has the resources and influence to sway the argument in his favour just like GEJ in 2011 and now as we are approaching 2015.

In fact Ribadu and co that stepped down are nothing but "anu mpama"

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by SpencerLewis(m): 6:16pm On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: I've always suspected that the President is in favor of Ahmed Gulak. Remember, he's the coordinator of Goodluck Support Group and former SA to the President. All they have successfully done is to take out Mr. Ribadu-who they see as a potential threat from the APC camp. In 2015, Gulak will be incumbent(that is should pdp win) and will recontest at the polls. PDP do not joke with their incumbents at all. In Kaduna Yero has been adopted, in Gombe Umar is being positioned. Jonathan wouldn't have got the ticket if he wasn't the incumbent in 2011, same with Patrick Yokowa.

Ribadu is a goner
My brotherman barcanista, may ur days here on planet earth be longer than d legendary biblical uncle Methu. U are 100% correct in ur analysis.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why Buhari Must Handle Tompolo With Tact / President Buhari Was On Life Support - Fayose Insists (Video) / President Buhari Sympathizes With Victims Of Otedola Bridge Lagos Tanker Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.