Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,128 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 (35797 Views)

Use Fulani Herdsmen,Hunters To Fight Boko Haram,Joda,Ribadu,Others Advise Buhari / Dangote Shuns Saraki, Ribadu, Others on twitter / Kalu, Ribadu, Others Form Political Group. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by IYANGBALI: 9:24am On Sep 05, 2014
otokx:

Thought GEJ was handing over to the wise men from the east.
for where?you want make dem sell Nigeria?they can only be fi pi
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by adanny01(m): 9:24am On Sep 05, 2014
ShehuAba: A beg where all those sai Ribadu PDP guys. Eeyah I pity this man now. This PDP can deceive somebody ooo. Chai There is God oooo.
The Stepping down for candidates in Adamawa, there is God oooo

Unfortunately for you, that is not the case, you need to read well and understand.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by naturalwaves: 9:27am On Sep 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I hope Tinubu attack dogs read the report fully? The must important thing is that Ribadu and others were not forced to step down. There was no orders FROM ABOVE for certain candidates to step down. There was no preferred candidate by a godfather somewhere. There is no anointed candidate by a certain all powerful godfather. While joining PDP, Ribadu knew he would still have to contest with other heavyweights in a primary election. That is the BEAUTY of democracy and that was what attracted Ribadu to the PDP.

This is unlike the Aggrieved People's Congress (APC) where the godfather has already anointed a candidate to fly the party's flag

You are so funny. The Democracy you referring to has to do with the right of the people to vote for whom they want not who the party puts forward. There is no stated law that says how a candidate must emerge from political parties.

Different political parties have different ideologies and so far so good, Tinubu's method has been more effective and worthwhile than your PDP that conducts kangaroo primaries. He sits down, draws up plans and brings out credible candidates not like the Pdp that parades criminals almost all the time and play politics of the highest bidder. The emergence of the flag bearer particularly in the East has to do with the highest bidder and that is why Tinubu is far more intelligent than the whole PDP put together.

Anyone that isn't satisfied with APC's style should go and float their own political party and see how easy it is to strategise, finance , maintain a party that will be a force to reckon with.

Moreover, the late Gani Fawenmi was a lawyer, when he came out as his party's flag bearer, did he conduct primaries? Did chris Okotie conduct primaries? Did Pat Utomi ever conduct primaries? Why weren't those ones attacked? I think it is time you stopped being obsessed with the highly intellectual Tinubu and face your party's business.

Left to me, I will always chose a system whereby all candidates are critically analysed and one of the best or the best is put forward (call it anointing if you like) and presented as a flag bearer rather than a method that gives rogues to contest, bid with money and the highest bidder or the one who is closest to the powers that be emerges the flag bearer.
PDP.....conducting kangaroo primaries since 1999. Afterall, Umaru emerged through one of the kangaroo primaries so, I am not surprised.

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by adanny01(m): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2014
ShehuAba: A beg where all those sai Ribadu PDP guys. Eeyah I pity this man now. This PDP can deceive somebody ooo. Chai There is God oooo.

Unfortunately for you, that is not the case, you need to read well and understand.

PDP agreed that contestants for this election (only six months tenure before general elections) are not going to contest for 2015-2019 tenure. Ribadu has opted to vie for the full tenure which elections will hold next year. He chose not to be 'penny wise pound foolish'.

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by yerimastyle(m): 9:29am On Sep 05, 2014
GEJ along side Ribadu 2015

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 05, 2014
You better shutUp and welcome the next Minister of Police Affairs in 2015 !!

Ribadu is better a service to Federal Government than Adamawa state !!

I love Ribadu !!

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by maestroferddi: 9:31am On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: All those are political statements my friend. Mark my words
Neither did it enter your brain that PDP wouldn't have been so naïve as to leave legal loopholes.

That those contesting must have been made to execute an exclusion agreement in 2015.

It might interest you to know that Ribadu is an astute lawyer...

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Toks2008(m): 9:31am On Sep 05, 2014
NgeneUkwenu: [size=19pt]Papa Deceive Pikin[/size]

[size=19pt]PDP[/size]

Doro trash.

Im observing and we may likely see a back stabbing case just like our uncle JZona is planning to do and whoever wins this six months might just decide to push it further.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by AdeniyiA(m): 9:34am On Sep 05, 2014
forgive my ignorance, i don't understand this arrangement, will they conduct governorship elections this year nd next year?? .
It was agreed at the closed-door meeting that the six aspirants contesting for the
party’s ticket on Saturday will not contest for the position in 2015.
which position again?. o are they trying to 'select' a gov to complete the term of the impeached one and the gov won't contest again after finishing the term? shocked whoever believes such trash in Nigeria by d PDP is a baboon...undecided

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by MarshRiley(m): 9:36am On Sep 05, 2014
Naija don suffer,so more than half of the people that read this article can't understand a one page article,wetin concern one chance with wetin d OP write?
Imagine people that have never won departmental election in their schools trying to teach Nuhu Ribadu politics,abeg which part of the write up don't you people understand let me explain for you,abi you people are too blind by APCmania ni? No be person dey dia b4 dem impeach am?if the incubent won't leave,he'll be impeached...awon olodo oshi

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 9:38am On Sep 05, 2014
maestroferddi: Neither did it enter your brain that PDP wouldn't have been so naïve as to leave legal loopholes.

That those contesting must have been made to execute an exclusion agreement in 2015.

It might interest you to know that Ribadu is an astute lawyer...
You are not smart due. "Gentleman agreement" such as this violates the fundamental right of the incumbent and is in contrary to the constitution. It is not LEGALLY binding on anyone and will be THROWN out by the court without delay.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1679413_10599471_761192967251149_6808398605043627909_n_jpegcf1c8760fd3d8fff29dae2a3eb639145

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by FLYFIRE(m): 9:38am On Sep 05, 2014
ilugunn: I am sure Ribadu is yet to see the end of humiliation coming his way!cheesy
SOME OF YOU SPEAK EVEN BEFORE YOU THINK. WHAT HUMILIATION? THE MAN IS HUMILIATED BECAUSE HE LEFT YOUR PARTY & STEPPED DOWN FOR SOME OTHER PERSON TO RUN IN PDP? HE SHOULD HAVE STOOD HIS GROUNDS & FOUGHT TO THE VERY LAST ABI? NO WONDER HE LEFT APC. YOUR DESPIRATION FOR POWER IS KILLING YOUR PARTY. DO NOT WORRY, YOU WILL SEE WHAT WILL BEFALL APC AT THE POLLS IN 2015.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by FLYFIRE(m): 9:40am On Sep 05, 2014
Toks2008:

Doro trash.

Im observing and we may likely see a back stabbing case just like our uncle JZona is planning to do and whoever wins this six months might just decide to push it further.

SORRY, BUT THOSE WITH GEJ IS SO MANY MORE THAN THOSE AGAINST HIM grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 05, 2014
Tolexander: What kinda politician is this Ribadu self?

So obvious he is considered a threat to any political aspirant that will be presented by PDP if he is presented by APC for the gubernatorial election in Adamawa state. Hence, PDP has to get him out of the race, making him not contesting the election by using a gubernatorial bait which he couldn't resist.

If one doesn't take ones time to study nigerian politics before going into it, one will definitely be manipulated. At the end of the day, nothing would be gained but many will be lost.
Tolexander forget it , Ribadu still ace in that move .... We need a sane man around GEJ in order to avoid stories that touch come 2015 ....... I wasn't happy when he was called for Adamawa's Job , personality like Ribadu is a national resources not state !

Also, this shows lack of Political dexterity on the path of APC in protecting her national asset from being lured by PDP ..... Give or take :

PDP is a party to reckon with in Africa and we have to respect that ... If we can't outsmart them maybe personality like Ribadu could provide a new perspective !!

He will surely become Minister of the core sector very soon !!

4 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by maestroferddi: 9:51am On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: You are not smart due. "Gentleman agreement" such as this violates the fundamental right of the incumbent and is in contrary to the constitution. It is not LEGALLY binding on anyone and will be THROWN out by the court without delay.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1679413_10599471_761192967251149_6808398605043627909_n_jpegcf1c8760fd3d8fff29dae2a3eb639145
If were you, I would have factored in the possibility of PDP/Ribadu obtaining a legal interpretation prior to reaching the decision inn question.

BTW, gentlemen agreements are mainly verbal. We will see how the court will interprete a written undertaking...

Tactical minds give the adversary the benefit of doubt. It is only a simpleton that will assume that a brilliant strategist like Ribadu would just commit a basic political error like the one you guys want us to believe.

Instead of doing your homework, you are popping champagne over a redoubtable opponent whose next line of action would probably position him in an impregnable position.

I pity you guys.

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Sweetlemon(f): 9:51am On Sep 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I hope Tinubu attack dogs read the report fully? The must important thing is that Ribadu and others were not forced to step down. There was no orders FROM ABOVE for certain candidates to step down. There was no preferred candidate by a godfather somewhere. There is no anointed candidate by a certain all powerful godfather. While joining PDP, Ribadu knew he would still have to contest with other heavyweights in a primary election. That is the BEAUTY of democracy and that was what attracted Ribadu to the PDP.

This is unlike the Aggrieved People's Congress (APC) where the godfather has already anointed a candidate to fly the party's flag

The people liking your post are so naive, I'm considering asking Seun to show me their monikers, perhaps I could be able to use their dumbness to make money!

Please who is the fool that will think that a political aspirant will just wake one one early morning and decide to step down from a lucrative post such as that of Governor without some kind of negotiation/influence somewhere? No wonder fraudsters make so much money off Nigerians. So you honestly expect PDP to say in public that this thing is being orchestrated by some godfathers

The people who liked your post will believe anything! That's why I need their contacts. I need money oooooooo

naturalwaves:
You are so funny. The Democracy you referring to has to do with the right of the people to vote for whom they want not who the party puts forward. There is no stated law that says how a candidate must emerge from political parties.
Different political parties have different ideologies and so far so good, Tinubu's method has been more effective and worthwhile than your PDP that conducts kangaroo primaries. He sits down, draws up plans and brings out credible candidates not like the Pdp that parades criminals almost all the time and play politics of the highest bidder. The emergence of the flag bearer particularly in the East has to do with the highest bidder and that is why Tinubu is far more intelligent than the whole PDP put together.
Anyone that isn't satisfied with APC's style should go and float their own political party and see how easy it is to strategise, finance , maintain a party that will be a force to reckon with.
Moreover, the late Gani Fawenmi was a lawyer, when he came out as his party's flag bearer, did he conduct primaries? Did chris Okotie conduct primaries? Did Pat Utomi ever conduct primaries? Why weren't those ones attacked? I think it is time you stopped being obsessed with the highly intellectual Tinubu and face your party's business.
Left to me, I will always chose a system whereby all candidates are critically analysed and one of the best or the best is put forward (call it anointing if you like) and presented as a flag bearer rather than a method that gives rogues to contest, bid with money and the highest bidder or the one who is closest to the powers that be emerges the flag bearer.
PDP.....conducting kangaroo primaries since 1999. Afterall, Umaru emerged through one of the kangaroo primaries so, I am not surprised.

You have said it all!

3 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by charony(m): 9:54am On Sep 05, 2014
Believe me, there's a bigger game than what we are being told. #Behindthescreenthing#. Watch out for the offer.

2 Likes

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Sweetlemon(f): 9:55am On Sep 05, 2014
adanny01:

PDP agreed that contestants for this election (only six months tenure before general elections) are not going to contest for 2015-2019 tenure. Ribadu has opted to vie for the full tenure which elections will hold next year. He chose not to be 'penny wise pound foolish'.

You'd really believe anything! When was the last time a politician (especially a PDP politician) agreed to agreements in Nigeria?

Expect a PM soon. I have a lucrative business to discuss with you.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by pheesayor(m): 9:55am On Sep 05, 2014
Marwa will win and will pull a GEJ on them by still contesting in 2015, my thoughts....
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Isiterere(m): 9:55am On Sep 05, 2014
ratiken: Ribadu is being positioned for something greater. Watch this space.

If GEJ will hand over to a Northerner come 2019 2015 ..... It can only be Ribadu.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by WINDSOW(m): 9:56am On Sep 05, 2014
I dislike people who dnt tell †ђξ truth.Rabadu was ask †Φ come take †ђξ governorship ticket for Adamawa,now he's been told †Φ step down till 2015.Nigeria,a state,where politicians don't adhere †Φ statusquo. Perhaps,there is another plan for him bt for †ђξ governorship ticket;RIBADU FORGET IT!!!
#AdvocateOfGoodGovernance
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by texaco1: 9:58am On Sep 05, 2014
don't worry he will be well compensated ,maybe with a ministerial post or ambassadorial post.he is not a loser.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Sweetlemon(f): 10:00am On Sep 05, 2014
tomakint: .....too many clowns foaming at the mouth unnecessarily, Ribadu and 13 others were talked out of the race and they all agreed to step down without rancour (that is the beauty of democracy being displayed by PDP unlike APC) Ribadu is being positioned for a Ministerial post and future Governor unfortunately these bats are too blind to see the maturity displayed by PDP compared to their One Man Show Party!

And how and why are you so sure of this? Because you are Jonathan's closet confidante ba?

smh

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by tomakint: 10:05am On Sep 05, 2014
Sweetlemon:

And how and why are you so sure of this? Because you are Jonathan's closet confidante ba?

smh
Bitterlemon stop sniffing my butt undecided
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by paycash: 10:14am On Sep 05, 2014
Wait Ondo Story is Coming Soon ..............
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by adanny01(m): 10:16am On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: You are not smart due. "Gentleman agreement" such as this violates the fundamental right of the incumbent and is in contrary to the constitution. It is not LEGALLY binding on anyone and will be THROWN out by the court without delay.

Its obvious that you are the one who is not smart. 'Gentleman's agreement' is not made to be legally admissible in a court of law, it is what it is, a 'Gentleman's agreement'. It cannot violate anyone's fundamental right or be contrary to the constitution. Its just a matter of integrity!

A gentlemen's agreement (or gentleman's agreement) is an informal and legally non-binding agreement between two or more parties. It is typically oral, though it may be written, or simply understood as part of an unspoken agreement by convention or through mutually beneficial etiquette. The essence of a gentlemen's agreement is that it relies upon the honor of the parties for its fulfillment, rather than being in any way enforceable. It is, therefore, distinct from a legal agreement or contract, which can be enforced if necessary.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by OnyeEgo1(m): 10:19am On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: APC as a party represent progressiveness with leaders like GMB, Pat Utomi, Dr. Rabiu Kwankwaso, John Oyegun, and the Master Strategists-the Jagaban himself, Fashola and others on the frontline. We have our own defect which is common to every group. The APC is in favor of technocrats (Fashola/Fayemi) or political technocrats(Kwankwaso/Amaechi) steering the ship of government unlike the pdp that parades 90% rogues and marginalise the 10% technocrats

APC All d way
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by 9jagoodman: 10:21am On Sep 05, 2014
I know Ribadu will be the president of this country someday, from all indications, they want Ribadu in a position where he can see and learn how to manage the wholesome country called Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by arabbunkum: 10:24am On Sep 05, 2014
Why should you comment even before you read and understand what is being said Some people on NL are simply.....

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by nduchucks: 10:26am On Sep 05, 2014
Nuhu has never been very bright, really. He is no Presidential material and would probably make a lousy governor. El-Rufai will make a great governor or President, he is a bright man.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by lafuria1(m): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2014
Sweetlemon:

You'd really believe anything! When was the last time a politician (especially a PDP politician) agreed to agreements in Nigeria?

u.
Exactly my thought, ribadu placing his trust on whatever agreement he made with pdp or fintiri is very naive, I mean trust is not part of a Nigerian politician. The moment they taste power, it very hard to relinquish it.

Pdp had several agreement in the past which was what led to the crisis in pdp leading to the formation of G5. Likewise gej insisted he won't contest for the 2015 elections but here we are.

1 Like

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by nellyelitz(m): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2014
Imagine! He went to reap where he did not sore. PDP is not APC were one person can call the shot .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Muslim Youths Protect Christians During Xmas Service In Kaduna / Udom Sacks Commissioner, Victor Antai, Seen With Akpabio / Anambra: Why I Sacked 1,000 Teachers – Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.