Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 (35798 Views)

Use Fulani Herdsmen,Hunters To Fight Boko Haram,Joda,Ribadu,Others Advise Buhari / Dangote Shuns Saraki, Ribadu, Others on twitter / Kalu, Ribadu, Others Form Political Group. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 05, 2014
ratiken: Ribadu is being positioned for something greater. Watch this space.

If GEJ will hand over to a Northerner come 2019 ..... It can only be Ribadu.

I AGREE WITH YOU.. BUT THEN AGAIN, HE WOULD HAVE TO PUT RIBADU UNDER HIS WINGS... AND I BELIEVE RIBADU CAN ONLY WIN THE PRESIDENCY COME 2019 UNDER THE PDP.... So perhaps GEJ sees into the future.. .the governorship ambition may not be the ultimate goal, rather he probably might be better off running for senate, and taking over the senate presidency... Come 2015 I believe Ribadu will be in a better position of power rather than just a mere state governor...
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Exmay(m): 10:32am On Sep 05, 2014
No where in this article addresses the possibility of decamping by whoever wins come 2015 election. So what any sharp guy that win will simply do is to decamp into another party and contest on the platform of that party. With state power behind him, he has better chances of winning. Then after few months/years u simply retrace ur footstep (just like mimiko)... Shikena... Gentlemen's agreement my foot.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by deeobserver209(m): 10:33am On Sep 05, 2014
ratiken: Ribadu is being positioned for something greater. Watch this space.

If GEJ will hand over to a Northerner come 2019 ..... It can only be Ribadu.
Exactly what I had in mind.
PDP might just be grooming Nuhu Ribadu for 2019 Presidential elections.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by deeobserver209(m): 10:35am On Sep 05, 2014
great1:

I AGREE WITH YOU.. BUT THEN AGAIN, HE WOULD HAVE TO PUT RIBADU UNDER HIS WINGS... AND I BELIEVE RIBADU CAN ONLY WIN THE PRESIDENCY COME 2019 UNDER THE PDP.... So perhaps GEJ sees into the future.. .the governorship ambition may not be the ultimate goal, rather he probably might be better off running for senate, and taking over the senate presidency... Come 2015 I believe Ribadu will be in a better position of power rather than just a mere state governor...
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Malawian(m): 10:44am On Sep 05, 2014
what is all these 2015 shait? anybody that wins the election is the substantive governor for the next four year. if ribadu could be dribbled so easily, i wonder the manner of policeman he was.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 05, 2014
emmygzy: Nuhu ribadus political career is dead. Whoevers becomes the governor now will be the governor in 2015 because of the power of incubency. Ribadu is foolish for stepping down.
pls u can read d topic again
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by naturalwaves: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2014
Sweetlemon:

The people liking your post are so naive, I'm considering asking Seun to show me their monikers, perhaps I could be able to use their dumbness to make money!

Please who is the fool that will think that a political aspirant will just wake one one early morning and decide to step down from a lucrative post such as that of Governor without some kind of negotiation somewhere? No wonder fraudsters make so much money off Nigerians. So you honestly expect PDP to say in public that this thing is being orchestrated by some godfathers

The people who liked your post will believe anything! That's why I need their contacts. I need money oooooooo

You have said it all!
Quite intelligent! You know the funny thing about all these? Ribadu has been tricked like a phool. They said those that step down now can contest for 2015. It was also stated that the six candidates that will contest now can't contest for 2015 again; they made it look like a favour meanwhile the person that gets in will use "power of incumbency" to oust any candidate like Ribadu eyeing the office and at the end of the day, he will be stranded. I used to think that he (Ribadu) is intelligent not until recently. There has been a lot of adverts and all on Tv (an unnecessary waste of money) because the primaries have not even been conducted so, he should have no business with us (the electorates). Common sense should have told him that he was supposed to do underground work and target those that will chose the primary candidate rather than waste money.

PDP has successfully deceived him once again. Being the greatest threat to the party's candidate, they lured him into PDP only for him to be stylishly edged out.

With the outcome of events, I hereby confer on Ribadu, the title of; THE GREATEST POLITICAL FOOL OF THE YEAR.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by poiZon: 10:54am On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: Obasanjo, ALl Former and Present Governors, Jonathan, Yero of Kaduna, Umar of Gombe all promised not to go for another term. It is a political statement my brother

hw abt fashola? abi him no follow talk am.....
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by abes(m): 10:58am On Sep 05, 2014
lwise: Ribadu,the vice president federal republic of Nigeria,2015-2019.

This is most likely. Hmmmmm politricks
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by iswallker(m): 10:59am On Sep 05, 2014
econity: pdp always planning to bankrupt d people's treasury since 1999.
Giving somebody governorship ticket just for 6 month. Is it for development or to come and cut ur national cake.
Is dis not dsame kind of meeting JEG had wit Pdp carcus 2011 to run for 1 term. Watching to see how d gov will step down after testing power for 6month.
yeye is always smelling.

you are on point. Exactly my thoughts..

Rather than present a credible candidate who can continue in the next 4.5yrs to bring development to the good people of adamawa, they decide to install a placeholder.

Did they sign any document? Gentleman's agreement?!

Who told them Buba Maruwa for instance will step down in 2015...

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 05, 2014
Sweetlemon:

You'd really believe anything! When was the last time a politician (especially a PDP politician) agreed to agreements in Nigeria?

Expect a PM soon. I have a lucrative business to discuss with you.
If Gulak doesn't step down in 2015, perhaps Ribadu will be anointed as the party's presidential candidate in 2019. Or he could be made a minister, ambassador etc
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Sweetlemon(f): 11:06am On Sep 05, 2014
CFCfan:
If Gulak doesn't step down in 2015, perhaps Ribadu will be anointed as the party's presidential candidate in 2019. Or he could be made a minister, ambassador etc

Gulak or whoever the chosen person is will fight for his full 8 years. Just like Jonathan is doing despite previous "agreements".
PDP give Ribadu Presidential ticket? Lol! Do you know anything at all about Nigerian politics?

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by obamaobama: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2014
Amanwulu1: wise decision by Ribadu if u ask me. In 2015 he is clinching d ticket and govern 4 4-8yrs. Even dis man is hailing ur decision.
CHECK UR TIME
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by obamaobama: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2014
Amanwulu1: wise decision by Ribadu if u ask me. In 2015 he is clinching d ticket and govern 4 4-8yrs. Even dis man is hailing ur decision.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by tuasefemi(m): 11:16am On Sep 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I hope Tinubu attack dogs read the report fully? The must important thing is that Ribadu and others were not forced to step down. There was no orders FROM ABOVE for certain candidates to step down. There was no preferred candidate by a godfather somewhere. There is no anointed candidate by a certain all powerful godfather. While joining PDP, Ribadu knew he would still have to contest with other heavyweights in a primary election. That is the BEAUTY of democracy and that was what attracted Ribadu to the PDP.

This is unlike the Aggrieved People's Congress (APC) where the godfather has already anointed a candidate to fly the party's flag

When I joined Nairaland few years ago, I used to envy you as being intelligent, mature, reasonable and experienced but of recent, you have become something else. Is this how politics make people loose their integrity?
Note: I don't mind mean to insult, God knows...just my observations.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 11:16am On Sep 05, 2014
poiZon:

hw abt fashola? abi him no follow talk am.....
Did you see all former and present governors in the comment you quoted?
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Sweetlemon(f): 11:17am On Sep 05, 2014
Come to think of it, no wonder Tinubu and other APC chiefs never made too much noise about Ribadu decamping. He knew all along that Ribadu was going to get used and dumped by PDP.

This is why I keep saying this, Tinubu may be a crook, he may be calculative, but you can never deny that he's the smartest nigga in Nigerian politics!
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 05, 2014
Sweetlemon:

Gulak or whoever the chosen person is will fight for his full 8 years. Just like Jonathan is doing despite previous "agreements".
PDP give Ribadu Presidential ticket? Lol! Do you know anything at all about Nigerian politics?
I be political prima dona, or if you like, a political juggernaut. grin
I believe there is a strong possibility that a North-east politician will be given the nomination in 2019. The PDP will stick with its usual (highly despicable) 'rotation' policy after GEJ.
Now the identity of the NE person could be either Muazu or Ribadu. Or the NW PDP could argue that the late Yar'Adua only served for 2 years, therefore the nomination should go to their zone. In that case, VP Sambo looks likely to be the flagbearer.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by poj(m): 11:28am On Sep 05, 2014
I am wondering if Ribadu did not press the right button before cross carpeting to PDP, perhaps it was calculated to egde him out of the contest as he appears to be a viable contestant under Apc. Ribadu fall my hand o. He was not able to read in between the lines. Some people are really afraid of MR Ribadu i guess.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 11:33am On Sep 05, 2014
great1:
...just a mere state governor...
Were you ok when you typed the quoted? Mere governor?
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by begwong: 11:36am On Sep 05, 2014
SAI RIBADU 2015 INSHALLAH!!!!!

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by adanny01(m): 11:38am On Sep 05, 2014
Sweetlemon:

You'd really believe anything! When was the last time a politician (especially a PDP politician) agreed to agreements in Nigeria?

Expect a PM soon. I have a lucrative business to discuss with you.

I dont believe it and i didnt say did, but thats just what the op said.

On my own, i am just wondering if it is possible to hold elections for a 6 months tenure then hold another one. It just doesnt make sense to waste public funds that way. Did inec plan it that way? I trying to find out but cant seem to get information about it online.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by poiZon: 11:42am On Sep 05, 2014
barcanista: Did you see all former and present governors in the comment you quoted?

y didnt u start wif fashola, then include the names u mentioned in the all frmer n present governors?
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Projectors(m): 11:46am On Sep 05, 2014
Don't worry be HAPPY Ribadu, Ribadu is no more a technocrat but a desperate politician.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 05, 2014
enigmaotr:
Were you ok when you typed the quoted? Mere governor?

are u ok yourself? cheesy cheesy cheesy why do u guys always think someone has to share same views as you?
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 05, 2014
Extremely naïve of anyone to think that a governor who takes office for six months would willingly relinquish power in 2015.

Not in Nigeria.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by johnmartus(m): 11:55am On Sep 05, 2014
Sincere9gerian: I hope Tinubu attack dogs read the report fully? The must important thing is that Ribadu and others were not forced to step down. There was no orders FROM ABOVE for certain candidates to step down. There was no preferred candidate by a godfather somewhere. There is no anointed candidate by a certain all powerful godfather. While joining PDP, Ribadu knew he would still have to contest with other heavyweights in a primary election. That is the BEAUTY of democracy and that was what attracted Ribadu to the PDP.

This is unlike the Aggrieved People's Congress (APC) where the godfather has already anointed a candidate to fly the party's flag
please coming again
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 05, 2014
great1:

are u ok yourself? cheesy cheesy cheesy why do u guys always think someone has to share same views as you?
I have no problem with your views, but to say the post of a Governor is a "mere" position, you're definitely sick in the head.

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 11:59am On Sep 05, 2014
enigmaotr:
I have no problem with your views, but to say the post of a Governor is a "mere" position, you're definitely sick in the head.

so you mean just a few typed words are already getting you worked out? learn to understand ones perspective before giving emotional response.

thanks.
Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by tola9ja: 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
P D P BE LIKE grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Adamawa Polls: Ribadu, Others Step Down For 2015 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2014
drsteroid: Lol.waiting to hear ribadu has moved to apc again..Naija politicians running faster than usain bolts
if it happens i lose my support and respect for Apc

Female Suicide Bombers Shot While Trying To Attack A Military Post In Borno.PICS / Zahra Buhari-indimi Debut Her Growing Baby Bump (photo) / Only God Or Atiku's Victory Can Save Gov Adeleke - Deji Adeyanju