Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny (76877 Views)

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / My Destiny / Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2014
I dey type oh... coming soon.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Nobody: 1:23pm On Sep 06, 2014
cry
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by samsondavid(m): 1:45pm On Sep 06, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: I dey type oh... coming soon.

grin

waiting anxiously, ve been dreaming about it since the first chapter.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:21pm On Sep 06, 2014
→CONTINUATION←

"So how's Debbie?" Uche asked Richard.

Richard stroked his beard. "We broke up." He hissed and picked up his drink again.

"You broke up?" Uche asked again, this time surprised. He kept his eyes on the overwhelmed Richard and shook his head continuously. "This will be the third lady... I don't even know, I think fourth." He tried to remember as he closed his eyes. "Yeah.. four of them." He surmised.

Richard chuckled softly. "They've been frustrating." He said as he stared at Jay who discussed with the female bartender.

"I don't think you still follow your popular heuristic rule, this is annoying! When will you settle down? Guy, don't let your sister's health turn you to something else!"

"I don't think they have true love for me." He smiled faintly and drank from the cup.

"Is it that they don't have true love for you or that you an unrequited love for them? Guy, wake up!"

"I love them, they've always tried to be rivals between my sister and I."

"You should be optimistic concerning your sister, don't think otherwise. Try to calm yourself down, life is not a bed of roses, I have my own problem too." Uche said passionately.

"Yes, you do! You're even wrong, you were meant to say that you have your problems too, oral diarrhea that won't make you keep shut!" He hissed.

Uche was tight-lipped for a moment as he stared at him. "You still have a lot to work on, your sense of humor is really.. I don't know!"

Richard laughed. "You won't know. I love my sister, I love Christie, she's my life."

"It's not your fault." Uche started drinking.

Richard swallowed. "It's my parents' fault! If the didn't marry each other, would they put my sister in such a menacing situation? I wonder what brought them together, I wonder why they deliberately married just to make themselves happy and make us unhappy. It's sad." He placed his head on his hands as he started weeping again.

Christina was all he had. To him, she was the best sister in the world. She had a bad state of health because she was anemic, hardly would there be a month that she wouldn't be rushed to the hospital. He had fought his parents because they got married to ruin their joy, he had been an unhappy guy since his sister's sickness got worse. He wasn't chirpy any longer, he had developed hatred for ladies because they always caution him to take things easy. He'd say- they don't have true love, if they did, they would cater for his sister.

"Guy! We aren't at home oh, we are in the public." Uche said softly as he tapped him.

Richard wiped his tears and raised head again. "One thing about me is that I can't keep my characters for a lady. I love my sister, fine! If she loves me, she's going to stay and if she doesn't, let her go!"

"Alright, that is if you've not been bad to these ladies."

"If they see it as a bad thing, fine! I've always tried to clear my conscience, you know I'm guileless." He said and continued drinking.

"Alright... alright." Uche gave an awkward grin and squinted his face.

Richard and Christina were like two peas in a pod.

As Pemisire kept the attaché case under her soft-side bed, she rushed because her sister might walk in. After getting it done, she smiled and sat again.

She picked up her diary and wrote inside, perhaps she might have written what just happened inside it. After she did that, she discovered she just made a big mistake. What if her diary was found? She nodded continuously, "I have to be very watchful."

She picked up her mobile phone and called her best friend- Helen. She felt it was a while she heard her voice. After the call, she picked up her acoustic guitar and sat again.

She was a music composer and had a lot of songs composed. She loved playing guitar anytime, it looked as if it did wash her worries down. Sometimes she remembered her mother, the guitar would be her best friend, to keep her lively. As she played, she moved her head slowly with the rhythm of the song she sang along. She was filled with mirth. Her soul was lifted as she sang with passion. It was her life, as her twin sister liked to write stories. Both were extremely blessed with talents.

After she played for some minutes, she dropped it back and darted out of the room. She went to the kitchen to prepare herself something. She couldn't eat at the get-together party like her sister did and was famished already.

She was in the kitchen when the doorbell chimed. "Who's this person? This night?" She asked herself calmly as she leaned against the refinished oak cabinet.

The kitchen was a big one with a ceramic tiles, it had an open plan with a refinished oak cabinet and pane style cabinet doors. Stainless steel cookers which had at least five tops,  a black dishwasher, a microwave which was near the white deep fryer plugged to the wall and sink which had a window over it, covered with a floral curtain. It had a rack for the utensils and brushed stainless appliances.

She tried to peep and saw two guys that walked in. "Who are these ones?" She asked herself as she gazed at them. The guys sat down freely, smiling as they admired the house.

"I think trouble is brewing." She said as she took in a long breath and exhaled deeply.

Pemisayo locked up the door and decided to leave the living room for the visitors when she was called back by the guys, to have her seat. One of them started the discussion with a buirdly voice. "I learnt you are three inside this house, where's the last lady?"

Davies was getting terrified as he stared at them. To him, they didn't look armed but if they weren't, they wouldn't come in just like that. The approach looked affrightening.

There was silence for a while. Pemisire had stopped peeking, her heartbeat had increased as she left the place she stood. Her father had said it, it seemed they came for the classic documents already. What would she do? Run away? She wasn't certain, she wasn't sure of what to be done. She could maneuver her way into the room, but if she ran away, what of her father and her twin sister? She was now ill at ease properly, thinking on what to do. She had left her phone inside the room, and did that even matter then? What mattered was the safety of the three and the classic documents! She thought and peeped again.

The earlier, the better. She walked stealthily across the dinning room. It was Pemisayo that saw her as she tiptoed inside the house, the guys sat backing the dining room where Pemisire walked through. She had to do everything with ease, it looked as if they were desperate to get her.

She opened the door to her room gently and got hold of the attaché case when she heard the roaring voices of the guys from where she was. She looked around the room to reach her phone but couldn't find it. She must have left it in the kitchen, thinking she left the room without it earlier.

She had started panicking as she held on to the case firmly. What would she do? She summoned courage and walked out of the room quietly so she could hear what the discussion was all about. "Get me the last lady!" She heard vividly.

She was in the bigger sitting room that was upstairs then. Should she descend the stairs? She was antsy and confused already. Or has it been known that she was with the classic documents already? The documents every man would want to have.

She heard the shout of her twin sister and the attaché case fell from her hands due to the fear. "Someone is still in this house, go and get her." One of the guys addressed the other as they heard the hollow thud made by the case. She picked up the case quickly. She had known that would stir up their zeal to get her. She ran through the stairs behind the house to the backyard. How could she tell if there was one of those guys at the gate? Her big brown eyes started squeezing out tears.

"Another.. shot!" Richard hit the glass cup on the table. He was drunk already and needed more of the wine.

This time, Jay had returned back to his seat to start drinking. He stared at Richard and shook his head. "How many glasses has he taken?"

"I don't know.. he's just been drinking." Uche replied as he yawned.

"I don't think he should take anything any longer. Though, I think this is better than wandering around." Jay said.

"A lot better! If he had been wandering around the whole place, he might be robbed or might have done something bad to himself. All the same, he shouldn't get drunk to this state."

"If she dies, I die!" Richard said and started mumbling some incoherent words too. He had lost all coordination.

"It seems this guy is going to cause a scene." Jay said as he dropped his drink and looked around if there was no one watching them. "Richard, stop this." He winced.

Uche nudged him but he just laughed. "Christina is my life! She must not die oh! If she dies, everyone is going to die." He continued babbling until his friends helped him up.

It seemed they overstayed already, they should get going.

-------------
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:31pm On Sep 06, 2014
Sorry, today is the second anniversary of my church, if m not so tired wen I get home, I'm gonna drop anoda update

And please if any cluster is found.... correct asap... Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2014
Welcome bck T-Dan, I can see you've upgraded your choice of words and grammatical contructions 'cos i could see some big words and some figurative xpressions (My take, pls dont use vague wordings or ambiguous ones, (if i can be allowed a parenthesis inside a parenthesis; simpler words and sentences convey the message more easily and more enjoyable to the readers)!).
I can see that your own intellect is somehow more advance than mine cos i wonder how manage you can anchor all these character without itch and mistaking one for another! I doff my hat

I don dey miss yes......but due to my lateness attitude, i am late again

1 Like

Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2014
marioking: Welcome bck T-Dan, I can see you've upgraded your choice of words and grammatical contructions 'cos i could see some big words and some figurative xpressions (My take, pls dont use vague wordings or ambiguous ones, (if i can be allowed a parenthesis inside a parenthesis; simpler words and sentences convey the message more easily and more enjoyable to the readers)!).
I can see that your own intellect is somehow more advance than mine cos i wonder how manage you can anchor all these character without itch and mistaking one for another! I doff my hat

I don dey miss yes......but due to my lateness attitude, i am late again
was just going to mention ur name wen I met dz comment. Thanks so much, I'm gonna reduce dem drastically.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by myndd(m): 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Welcome myndd...
TNX

1 Like

Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 06, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: was just going to mention ur name wen I met dz comment. Thanks so much, I'm gonna reduce dem drastically.

Tnx for still remembering SuperMarioking o
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by onosj(f): 11:44pm On Sep 06, 2014
Tdan welcome back, still following
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Tytylorpe(f): 4:56am On Sep 07, 2014
U're weldone Mr.T.Dan n thanks for d dedication.
More grease 2 Ur elbow
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Tennyesty: 6:28am On Sep 07, 2014
U ar welcome back bro's...Am glad to read frm u again,,like seriously u av upgrade..Now i understand d yoruba words dat says,,agbo to tadi meyin, agbara lo lo mu wa.. Keep it up...
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:39am On Sep 07, 2014
marioking:

Tnx for still remembering SuperMarioking o
lol... can't forget u naa
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:40am On Sep 07, 2014
Tennyesty: U ar welcome back bro's...Am glad to read frm u again,,like seriously u av upgrade..Now i understand d yoruba words dat says,,agbo to tadi meyin, agbara lo lo mu wa.. Keep it up...
Lol... so u b omo yoruba!!!! lol..
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:41am On Sep 07, 2014
Tytylorpe: U're weldone Mr.T.Dan n thanks for d dedication.
More grease 2 Ur elbow
Thanks so much tytylorpe... glad u 're wif me again.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:41am On Sep 07, 2014
onosj: Tdan welcome back, still following
Ma'am thanks to uu! How u dey?
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:43am On Sep 07, 2014
I saw many ppl viewing d thread but to comment is d P... Please na, na beg I dey beg. dey drop comments, Update drops ind afternoon after service...
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Onemansquad(m): 9:01am On Sep 07, 2014
Walks into d thread nd hails evry1 #...doble twale 4 d boss here @Temitopedaniel (1st tym am calin ur name in full *lolz*
bros ride on #stil following
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Merblesh(f): 11:12am On Sep 07, 2014
Welcome back bros...I knw u r back for gud nw,,,,more grease to ur elbow #following#
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by tenajtek(f): 11:24am On Sep 07, 2014
First timer quietly walks into d room, waves at everyone and pass round a bag of crunchy unripe plantain chips. Happy sunday all. Great job TemitopeDaniel.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by AudreyTimms(f): 11:34am On Sep 07, 2014
Alright! I'm finally here. Please forgive my tardiness, I was unavoidably occupied with something of great significance that is likely to have profound effect on my success in life which you have concrete knowledge of. Forgive me, next time I won't be so lackadaisical in the near future concerning your invitations. I'm being unequivocal when I say with temerity that this story is of the highest quality and outstanding.

That's by the way sha. How u dey? Tanx 4 d dedication o! Hmm.....na bank me I 4 lyk shake sha with my deposit! grin I love this story and where its heading. It's obvious you really worked on yourself during the break. Weldone! I'm proud of you!

Come update sha!

2 Likes

Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by LogoDWhiz(m): 11:55am On Sep 07, 2014
Wow!!!

I'm really impressed. This is wonderful.
Thumbs up bro.
More ink to your pen, and more knowledge.

I'm sorry o, but I can't help it.
Why don't u use "classified" instead of "classic".??
Classified will be much more better and suitable.
My opinion tho. You have the final say.

Also, it should be "confide" instead of "confine".
That's all.

This is an exponential upgrade.
I don't have problem with the big words. Makes me have my disco by my side and makes me learn more words.
But u can reduce the use of it a little bit.

Off topic::: U sabi play guitar?
I go like learn am o. Have a guitar, but no one to teach me.

Happy Sunday.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
LogoDWhiz: Wow!!!

I'm really impressed. This is wonderful.
Thumbs up bro.
More ink to your pen, and more knowledge.

I'm sorry o, but I can't help it.
Why don't u use "classified" instead of "classic".??
Classified will be much more better and suitable.
My opinion tho. You have the final say.

Also, it should be "confide" instead of "confine".
That's all.

This is an exponential upgrade.
I don't have problem with the big words. Makes me have my disco by my side and makes me learn more words.
But u can reduce the use of it a little bit.

Off topic::: U sabi play guitar?
I go like learn am o. Have a guitar, but no one to teach me.

Happy Sunday.

I made research on classified too.. it looks more perfect than classic but it has to do with government documents kept from all but some of the people in government.

a classic document is a special document is that just best of it's kind, an excellent and useful document.

And, guitar... I no fit pay am oh! lol
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:19pm On Sep 07, 2014
AudreyTimms: Alright! I'm finally here. Please forgive my tardiness, I was unavoidably occupied with something of great significance that is likely to have profound effect on my success in life which you have concrete knowledge of. Forgive me, next time I won't be so lackadaisical in the near future concerning your invitations. I'm being unequivocal when I say with temerity that this story is of the highest quality and outstanding.

OR

Alright! I'm finally here. Please forgive my lateness. I was busy with something important which you know about. Forgive me, I won't be late next time you invite me. Believe me, this story is classic!

I hope you get the point I'm trying to make. While it's good to use big words in writing, when it gets too much and is used out of context, it becomes a problem. It isn't just about the words but how you pass your message across with them also.

That's by the way sha. How u dey? Tanx 4 d dedication o! Hmm.....na bank me I 4 lyk shake sha with my deposit! grin I love this story and where its heading. It's obvious you really worked on yourself during the break. Weldone! I'm proud of you!

Come update sha!

Lol.... alright, thanks for dat correction ma'am, thanks for having time to read this even though you're husy and i know... God bless uu!
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
tenajtek: First timer quietly walks into d room, waves at everyone and pass round a bag of crunchy unripe plantain chips. Happy sunday all. Great job TemitopeDaniel.
lol... Thanks for d comment and d chips, God will bless uu! I appreciate this!
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2014
Merblesh: Welcome back bros...I knw u r back for gud nw,,,,more grease to ur elbow #following#
[size=25pt]MERBLESH!!![/size]
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
Onemansquad: Walks into d thread nd hails evry1 #...doble twale 4 d boss here @Temitopedaniel (1st tym am calin ur name in full *lolz*
bros ride on #stil following
lol... Thanks bro for d comment, I do appreciate it!
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Cindydearie(f): 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Present sir;-), praise be 2 God tdan is back
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by bibie01(f): 3:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
Welcome back T'Dan, the story seems promising. I'm glad you came fully prepared n loaded.
Me n my dictionary don turn pals oo, all thanks to you.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Onemansquad(m): 3:29pm On Sep 07, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: lol... Thanks bro for d comment, I do appreciate it!
uwc bro
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Phikom(m): 4:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
Great work by Tdan but I have got some observations of which I ll channel them to yhu on whatsapps...u ar heading for d top bro...
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
TYPING.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend / Kukere Sisters: Episode 1 / The Love Grotto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.