Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny (76875 Views)

A Broken Destiny: The Sword Of Vengeance / My Destiny / Conflicted Destiny, Chronicle Of A Natural Born Warrior. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Hameenat94(f): 5:40pm On Sep 07, 2014
#waiting
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by wolexino(m): 5:59pm On Sep 07, 2014
I knew u were coming back with full force and yes I can see u are improving keep it up T.dan
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
-----------

Pemisire was still at the same spot until she made a move to peep at the entrance, if there was no one there. She didn't know what would become of her father and twin sister if she ran away. She was agitated, short of ideas at that time. If she didn't leave that spot as early as possible, she might even be caught.

--------------

"Alright, tell me. Where are the classic documents?" The guy questioned Davies.

He had already made them kneel on the floor as he stood like a mountain before them, wearing the face of a hungry lion that could devour any animal seen. He was breathing heavily, to make his anger known to them. "There are no classic documents." Davies replied.

"I hate liars!" The guy roared as he hit his hand on Davies' head and made him lay on the floor. His breathing hadn't changed, neither the look on his face. He looked into Pemisayo's eyes and walked closer to her. "I repeat, for the last time. Where is that bag in which documents are?"

Pemisayo couldn't tell. She didn't even know any document existed, if she knew, she'd have told the furious guy before her as she shivered on her kneels. She was just quiet, it was just a earring that was on her, the second one must have fallen while she was trying to obey the assassin.

He gave a wicked laughter and brought out his phone. He punched some buttons and stepped aside to make a call, maybe to the person who sent them. "Proving stubborn boss." He said and was quiet for a moment.

"Alright, the ball is in my court? I'll waste them." He said and ended the call. He walked back to them exasperatingly and pulled Davies up. "Now..." he was about to talk when his accompanist stepped out. "No other person." He stated as he walked closer.

"No problem. They will be wasted." He laughed and faced Davies again. "Where are the documents? For your information, Mart is already dead and all his companies would be shut down soon. You know what I'm saying, don't you?"

Davies had lost control then, he looked worn out as he knelt before him. "I.. d.. don..don't." He stammered.

"Don't tell me that crap!" He blurted as he stood upright and faced the fellow guy.

"What do we do now?" The guy asked.

"I was told they are three in this house, make sure you get that last lady! From all indications, it seems she has the documents." He responded swinging his hands along.

"Alright." The guy replied and hastened back.

PEMISIRE

I think I better go inside back. This guy keeps repeating that word 'waste', was it Lawrence that sent them? If this classic documents will be the one to destroy my family, I think going back will be the best. Pemisayo must not die, neither dad. What have they been passing through there? There's no way I can raise an alarm, I'm not sure if they've not been in some places, hiding and watching out to get me. This is frustrating! I reall.. I really don't know!

Money is the root of all evil, if not for the wealth, why would they be looking for the documents? What's the..... wait, was that a gun...shot gunshot?"

"Pemi!" Pemisire screamed as she shook her twin sister continuously. She was shivering, tears running down her cheeks as she held on to her and screamed again. She had flung the attaché case to a side and was in the saddest mood ever. The white terracotta tiles had turn to red already as the blood of her twin sister and father had gushed out immensely. "No!" She weeped.

She turned around and sighted her father again. "Your...id..identity..tity.." he said and gave up at once.

She never knew he could still speak, she held on to his Ankara dress and shouted. She turned to her twin sister too, she didn't even know which to hold, it was still like a dream. She was breathing heavily, her cherished white skirt had turned red, even her v-neck was blood-stained. It really looked like the end.

SATURDAY MORNING.

Richard rose up from his brass full-sized bed and yawned. He shook his head and yawned again and stretched along. As he opened his eyes fully, they caught the pieces of the shattered mirror on the floor. He couldn't pack it up the night before.

He took a glance at his wounded hand and raised his head to check what time it was. It was six-thirty in the morning. He scratched his head snd sank back into the bed.

As he sat, he stared at the picture of his sister that was placed on the Sony Television which was at a certain angle, facing the bed. His room was not too big but it was well decorated for him, by his friends. He didn't have time for decorating the room, all he did was to enter into the room to either sleep or cry.

The room was wallpapered in predominantly christain calligraphies on the lavender walls. It had two windows, adjacent to each other and with a computer table which had a swiveling lamp, placed on it. He had his shoe rack at angle, near to his wardrobe and checkered curtains. The room also had a small gray bookshelf filled with some of his files and diaries, a well rugged abode with a brown ceiling fan.

"I think this alcohol worked out." He said softly as he laid his hand on his sister's picture and stared at it. Usually, he wouldn't sleep like he did, he did sleep for few hours and use the remaining hours of the night to cry or question God.

It would be a very nice thing to keep doing, if that would scare his worries away. "Christina Omolara." He called her name softly and smiled faintly. As he kept staring, his phone buzzed.

"Hope there's no problem again?" He asked Stephanie as he picked up the call.

"She's ill." Steph replied Richard almost instantaneously.

"Again?" He asked as he looked terrible, down in tears again. He flung the phone to the other side of the bed and knelt on the floor as usual. "Anaemia!" He burst out.

He stood on his feet at once and walked out of his room, aiming to drive to his parent's house. He looked bellicose.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
wolexino: I knew u were coming back with full force and yes I can see u are improving keep it up T.dan
Really? Thanks I'm happy u dropped dz comment, Jah bless u too!
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:12pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hameenat94: #waiting
idon drop am... correct errors if seen... trust u sha! grin
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by d4real890(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Pemisayo on ma mind
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
I have tried as much as possible and I guess you've seen changes with mu choice of words? I don reduce heavy grammars... Thanks to u all but please like... comment and share, that's jex a way to appreciate my efforts

Love u guys!

Anoda update drops tonight.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
d4real890: Pemisayo on ma mind
Lol... wetin do her? cheesy
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by hussain63(f): 6:37pm On Sep 07, 2014
Don't even know what to comment........ Bro u'r d best jare,more ink to ur Pen
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hmmmm.....Gotten heated~up already! And so much suspense. Pemisire! thats the ''Futility of man in the hand of Destiny''(watch out for my own story on that topic, though not fictious but my own life story till date )
And this Sickle cell of a thing, do i call it the BANE OF BLIND LOVE?
T-dan thumb-up
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
hussain63: Don't even know what to comment........ Bro u'r d best jare,more ink to ur Pen
Lol... if u d best u go hail... working towards it seriously, not yet.

Thanks ma'am! I appreciate
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
marioking: Hmmmm.....Gotten heated~up already! And so much suspense. Pemisire! thats the ''Futility of man in the hand of Destiny''(watch out for my own story on that topic, though not fictious but my own life story till date )
And this Sickle cell of a thing, do i call it the BANE OF BLIND LOVE?
T-dan thumb-up

Thanks so much boss
please beep me once u start dat story, I love reading dat type of work.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
anoda update should drop tonight.. I can't gurantee d time but watch out.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by d4real890(m): 7:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
TemitopeDaniel: Lol... wetin do her? cheesy
I'm so sorry for her
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by tmamuda(m): 8:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
Sign in.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:45pm On Sep 07, 2014
TemitopeDaniel:

I made research on classified too.. it looks more perfect than classic but it has to do with government documents kept from all but some of the people in government.

a classic document is a special document is that just best of it's kind, an excellent and useful document.

And, guitar... I no fit pay am oh! lol

classified is not only limited to government. It just goes a long way to show the level of privacy of the documents.
Exactly the situation of this documents. Its private. Making it classified.

When u say something is classic, it means it is special or diff.
Which doesnt fit into this context.

Use words according to how they fit with the plot and story.

No prob.
Which instruments can u play then?
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Aipete2(f): 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Teedan, plz how can we get d 9th edition of Peace and April. Plz am about to faint here oh
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by tenajtek(f): 8:49pm On Sep 07, 2014
Dia ris God o! All dis sad and scary stories nairsland authors are sharing...
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Onemansquad(m): 8:53pm On Sep 07, 2014
#waitin patientl 4 d next epic ...9c 1 bro
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by seunviju(f): 8:56pm On Sep 07, 2014
Nawa o,everybody with different wahala.Thanks for the update
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

classified is not only limited to government. It just goes a long way to show the level of privacy of the documents.

No prob.
KEYBOARD, DRUMSET, TALKING DRUM.

grin
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
------------

"Off to where?" Uche asked Richard as they both ran into each other.

"Somewhere important." He replied without waiting to discuss more.

"Richie! Where? You look horrible!" Uche shouted and walked before him as quick as he could.

"Guy! My sister is ill again. I think I still have something to sort out with these parents of mine." He replied as he halted.

"Your sister is ill, instead of you to go to her place and help her to the hospital, you're here talking about fighting your parents." Uche hissed.

"You won't understand me." Richard walked away.

"Tell me this is a lie!" Helen shut the door and moved closer to Pemisire.

"They... d..died." Pemisire cried.

"Die? Wait.. I don't get this. You came all the way from Lagos to Ibadan here?"

"Helen, please.. I just don't... I don't know!" She kept crying.

"What happened? You shouldn't be here crying." Helen sat beside her on the Vitafoam that was on the carpet in the small room. It was a small room with the small matress at the left corner of the room when the door was flung open to the right. It had a black wall clock, a small television and DVD player with a fan near the reading table which was located close to the wall at the back of the room. The room was painted bice-blue colour and had asbestos ceiling. It was a rented apartment.

"They were killed.. Dad.. Pemisayo.."

Helen shook her head sadly and held Pemisire's shoulder. "You shouldn't cry, don't cry." She repeated.

Pemisire couldn't hold the tears back, she didn't even care if she'd be killed overnight, she sat with the corpses till it was morning again and left the house when it was past four that morning. Her eyes were red and her body was still stained with blood. "I shouldn't?" She continued weeping.

"Yes! Remember all you did tell me when we were in school, remember life is not a bed of roses, do you remember your nickname? A man's destiny? I think you should recall all those days you'd sit with me and admonish me about my future, about life. Don't let this weigh you down, and besides, what really happened?" She asked.

They were close friends when they were still in the university, they were also roommates that did share everything they had. Helen had lost her family to a fatal accident while she was about completing her secondary school education. She was living with her father's sister who turned out to be monstrous to her overnight and made life uneasy for her after he tertiary education. She had to rent a room and became a chemistry teacher to make living.

-----
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by KingzPen(m): 9:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
Onemansquad, I couldn't read your mail... Kindly forward it to onasanyaisrael@gmail.com
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:17pm On Sep 07, 2014
LogoDWhiz:

No prob.

Classified information or document is material that a government
body claims is sensitive information that requires
protection of confidentiality, integrity, or availability.
Access is restricted by law or regulation to particular
groups of people, and mishandling can incur criminal
penalties and loss of respect. A formal security
clearance is often required to handle classified
documents or access classified data. The clearance
process usually requires a satisfactory background
investigation. Documents and other information assets
are typically marked with one of several (hierarchical)
levels of sensitivity - e.g. restricted, confidential,
secret and top secret. The choice of level is often
based on an impact assessment; governments often
have their own set of rules which include the levels,
rules on determining the level for an information
asset, and rules on how to protect information
classified at each level. This often includes security
clearances for personnel handling the information.
Although "Classified information" refers to the formal
categorization and marking of material by level of
sensitivity, it has also developed a sense synonymous
with "censored " in US English. A distinction is often
made between formal security classification and
privacy markings such as "commercial in confidence".
Classifications can be used with additional keywords
that give more detailed instructions on how data
should be used or protected.

Everything I researched on brought out government whatever, though classic might not b d best but it fits in better dan classified. at firsy, I used classified but after researching, I had to change it

BTW have u watched City Hunter? I think it will shed more light..

Thanks boss.

2 Likes

Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
FTC on dis last piece!

Oh God! One winch don hijack am ooo

Nice one here T-Dan
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by KingzPen(m): 9:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
T-Dan, you have really wowed me so far...
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by Chikabel: 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
Following, Mr. Daniel.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by crislyn(f): 10:04pm On Sep 07, 2014
Hi Tee, glad u r bak nd I'm loving ds alrd. Wlkm!
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by LogoDWhiz(m): 10:36pm On Sep 07, 2014
TemitopeDaniel:

Classified information or document is material that a government
body claims is sensitive information that requires
protection of confidentiality, integrity, or availability.
Access is restricted by law or regulation to particular
groups of people, and mishandling can incur criminal
penalties and loss of respect. A formal security
clearance is often required to handle classified
documents or access classified data. The clearance
process usually requires a satisfactory background
investigation. Documents and other information assets
are typically marked with one of several (hierarchical)
levels of sensitivity - e.g. restricted, confidential,
secret and top secret. The choice of level is often
based on an impact assessment; governments often
have their own set of rules which include the levels,
rules on determining the level for an information
asset, and rules on how to protect information
classified at each level. This often includes security
clearances for personnel handling the information.
Although "Classified information" refers to the formal
categorization and marking of material by level of
sensitivity, it has also developed a sense synonymous
with "censored " in US English. A distinction is often
made between formal security classification and
privacy markings such as "commercial in confidence".
Classifications can be used with additional keywords
that give more detailed instructions on how data
should be used or protected.

Everything I researched on brought out government whatever, though classic might not b d best but it fits in better dan classified. at firsy, I used classified but after researching, I had to change it

BTW have u watched City Hunter? I think it will shed more light..

Thanks boss.

Lol. Okay.

You seem right.

Hope u had a lovely day?
More updates tonight o
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:45am On Sep 08, 2014
marioking: FTC on dis last piece!

Oh God! One winch don hijack am ooo

Nice one here T-Dan
cheesy

Thanks oga Marioking.
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:45am On Sep 08, 2014
KingzPen: T-Dan, you have really wowed me so far...
Hmmn... grin
Re: PEMISIRE: ....a man's destiny by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:46am On Sep 08, 2014
Chikabel: Following, Mr. Daniel.
Thanks Mrs Chikabel... lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

These 5 Books Helped Me The Most In Life. Let Me See Yours. By Ilegend / Kukere Sisters: Episode 1 / The Love Grotto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.