Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! (41546 Views)

NIPOST To Introduce Banking Services To Rural Areas — Shittu / Gtbank Internet Banking Issues / Gtbank Internet Banking Is The Worst In Internet Banking History! Kilode! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by tonardo(m): 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
aieromon:

My GTB token is gathering dust somewhere because of the seamless and instant transfer of funds using the Diamond mobile app.
When i want to give GTB mobile app Internet banking a trial.. They told me i must buy/sign up with a token worth 2.6k abi na 1.6k i tell them i dey come, rush to Diamond bank sign up for free and am not regretting it..
Even with their tokens money still dey disappear anyhow for customers account.
Diamond bank register your device to your account..
Likewise Access bank app..
I prefer Access bank app to GTB
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by twosquare(m): 2:09pm On Sep 07, 2014
olaeffect: grin

I think customers should be given the option to opt in or out. But in making life easy for some customers GTB should not be responsible for customer negligence or your children bad training or upbringing. grin

Just joking ooo. But when you think of security too much you end up creating prisons.
I like this comment.

2 Likes

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Jeffy1206(m): 2:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
gtb na crap bank... I don enter already na hin make o!!! very soon I'll find another stable bank!!!
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by topicalmaster: 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
mykky: . This is so True. I tried to transfer some cash to a friend to get something for me...Several times I tried his GTB Account kept saying not available...the guy sent me his Fidelity Account...and within Seconds of clicking The Transfer Button...The guy called me with the confirmation that he has received the alert on his Fidelity Account. Fidelity is just the Best!

I thought I was the only one. Fidelity bank is quite good. Their internet banking platform is quite reliable. Instant transfers to other bank account and airtime recharge has never given me issues.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Raypawer(m): 2:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
last week i cleared all my cash from gtb cos of their nonsense. i switch to Zenith and Access. Gtb own to Much.

Nomsence

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by usmanspihn(m): 2:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
gbadexy: I had a similar experience with their air time recharge once and after complaining to them, I got credited back after a week.
I also rushed to get the token hoping to be able to transfer money to my material suppliers for ease of transaction but later found out I can't do so with savings.
All in all their internet banking is not that bad. I pay bills online with ease, recharge my airtime and get prompt payment from clients with account with the bank.
Pls any idea on how to transfer to other bank with savings gtb
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by justi4jesu(f): 2:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
InvertedHammer:
\
FIRST BANK is the worst bank in this planet.

I will close my accounts with them as soon as I step into Nigeria.
/

My dear am fed up with their excuses and whack customer care.

I cant wait to leave them.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by tonardo(m): 2:18pm On Sep 07, 2014
InvertedHammer:
\
FIRST BANK is the worst bank in this planet.

I will close my accounts with them as soon as I step into Nigeria.
/

First bank app is just an e_wallet that you fund from your account. .
But they are good on online banking..
This are the banks that just have an e-wallet app..
Fidelity
First bank
Ecobank
Sterling
Keystone
Mainstreet
Skybank
union
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by tonardo(m): 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2014
usmanspihn:
You must buy their token..
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by gbadexy(m): 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
usmanspihn:
Someone here told me its possible, that issues only arises with the android app.
I've not tried it yet though but you can bypass the gtb app and use their login portal on the web.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Madu100t(m): 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2014
My dear[ its a pity u pass tru all dis.
I ll advice u to use UBA mobile/Internet platform, i have been using it since last year and my tranfer to other banks deliver in less than second if dia is a time like dat. I'm nt tryin to mrkt dem bt just to say d truth cos i have tested and belivd in dia Umobile till nw. My frnd mistakenly tranfer money to wrong account and we match to a nearest brank, we were ask to use d table fon over d counter to call care center for resolve, within less dan 2mins the money was returnd and right transfer took place. Since i start using Umobile, i never stress myself payin pplse anymore. Another bank i ll recomend for u is Access bank, a frnd is using Access mobile and she comfirm to me to be ok. Thanks and God blees u

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by akinrin: 2:39pm On Sep 07, 2014
[size=12pt][/size]
WHICH BANK HAS THE BEST MOBILE INTERNET PLATFORM WITH AT LEAST 90% EFFICIENCY?
No story just name the bank based on your own experience.
My own is GTB. I WILL GIVE THEM 70%.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by bayulll01(m): 2:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
guy or girl u dull walai,having work as a cco officer all ur ranting is nothing but a serious blackmail and a cheap one,why dint u wait for the cco to attend to you and confirmed that the issues has been resolve before you left the banking hall,I too know abi
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by aieromon(m): 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2014
tonardo:
When i want to give GTB mobile app Internet banking a trial.. They told me i must buy/sign up with a token worth 2.6k abi na 1.6k i tell them i dey come, rush to Diamond bank sign up for free and am not regretting it..
Even with their tokens money still dey disappear anyhow for customers account.
Diamond bank register your device to your account..
Likewise Access bank app..
I prefer Access bank app to GTB

I paid 3k for the token in 2012. I feel like asking for a refund now
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Perfect! But don't like deir charges wen I transfer to anoda bank, 25 n anoda 100 naira.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by yns4real: 3:02pm On Sep 07, 2014
To get money sent via western union money transfer without having to go bank, get a Quickteller account online via m.quickteller.com and provide the required details such Test Question, MTCN code ,your account number especially GTBANK ,etc.

Once that's done, u will instantly get the money into ur acct.

GBTANK is relatively still the best among its equals, having been tested and trusted.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by donbenie(m): 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2014
I found your claim that you forgot your user ID number and Password,because as you claimed you didn't need to type it in before now,to be absolute HOGWASH..as a frequent GTBank online banker, I know for a fact that this is required for each and every time you log in to your Online account,so it is Disingenuous on your part to make that claim,my take from your whole story is that you're a Novice who does not know the primary rudiments of online banking,for instance recharging your line at odd hours may keep your money hanging till the next working hours, just as money transfer on a weekend is not advised,going through your post I deduced that your naivety is much more to be blamed than GTBank..
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by moneyhungry(m): 3:08pm On Sep 07, 2014
bigtt76: Hahaha ....I rather use them to withdraw outside Nigeria. Where Zenith Bank charges N600 per withdrawal, GTB charges N240. I use Zenith Bank Master Card Naira for Online transactions. I don't know their exchange rates but each time I transact, after them initial garagara of deducting my funds, they return back sizeable amount having over charged me earlier grin

OP ....you don enter one chance o! As my friend Jarus would say ...Last Bullet: Don't recharge through ANY bank's Internet Banking platform. Rather go through Quickteller ...they've never disappointed me except that now due to Zenith Bank mumu-ness ....dem begin ask me for OTP and no Zenith Bank customer care officer know what that is grin ....ar taya for all these dem First Class Graduate employees shaaaa

¿¿¿
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Raypawer(m): 3:10pm On Sep 07, 2014
Eyop:

The fact still remains no Bank in Nigeria is 100% Ok. The best is to have alternatives and not to rely completing on one bank no matter how they are performing.They might be good today and bad tomorrow and as you are leaving them,another customer is opening up an account with them. It's advisable to have a minimum of 4 Business accounts for business men or women and 4 personal savings or current account for individuals.

yu right but Zenith got no .much crowd nd Access z best for online payment. i have been using Access for a while now
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by moneyhungry(m): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2014
bigtt76: Hahaha ....I rather use them to withdraw outside Nigeria. Where Zenith Bank charges N600 per withdrawal, GTB charges N240. I use Zenith Bank Master Card Naira for Online transactions. I don't know their exchange rates but each time I transact, after them initial garagara of deducting my funds, they return back sizeable amount having over charged me earlier grin

OP ....you don enter one chance o! As my friend Jarus would say ...Last Bullet: Don't recharge through ANY bank's Internet Banking platform. Rather go through Quickteller ...they've never disappointed me except that now due to Zenith Bank mumu-ness ....dem begin ask me for OTP and no Zenith Bank customer care officer know what that is grin ....ar taya for all these dem First Class Graduate employees shaaaa

please which of GTB's cards charges N240 per withdrawal abroad?, cuz I hear its N450.
I hear Union bank charges nothing. how true?.
I need a friendly naija debit card.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by moneyhungry(m): 3:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
tonardo:
UBA that just closed my account...
Chop the 2k wey dey inside.. Clean mouth.
I will still sue them..
They thought am death..
GOD go punish them..
lmao.
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Eyop: 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
Raypawer:

yu right but Zenith got no .much crowd nd Access z best for online payment. i have been using Access for a while now

Agreed Zenith doesn't have much crowd but they have their own issues same with Access Bank. I closed my personal account with Access some months ago due to dubious charges(whether you transact or not,they kept deducting money).
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by affairsnaija: 3:22pm On Sep 07, 2014
good
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by himike247(m): 3:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
WHAT AN EXPERIENCE!!!

MEANWHILE, I have this goodnews...

Get Your Free Shares from Globallshare Now...

The largest social networking websites of the world realize a revenue of several billions of dollars

annually by enabling all free use of their websites for their users.

The aim of GlobAllShare is not merely to enable free use for the users, but to make them feel the

global community their own and thereby they will shape it as they find it appropriate. That is why

GlobAllShare ensures ownership status to each user in the form of free shares during the pre-

organisation stage.
Each member of GlobAllShare, who joins to the community during the pre-organisation stage and

contributes to the global growth thereof, may get GlobAllShare shares continuously all gratuitously

and each month will receive dividends from the global profit in proportion of the shares owned after

this venture is launched.

After the venture is launched GlobAllShare's shareholders will receive each month their dividends

from 70% of the global profit in proportion of the shares owned, thus every shareholder will get a

constant monthly earning. But the shareholders of GlobAllShare will not merely get a monthly

dividend, but may also sell their shares at face value, earning an immediate and large sum this way.

Get your own shares

You may also get your shares in the GlobAllShare community simply during the pre-organisation stage.

All you need to do is to invite your friends and acquaintances to the GlobAllShare's website.
If you have invited 5 of your friends successfully, you will get 1 GlobAllShare share straight away.

But you may not merely get shares after inviting your own acquaintances, but after each further user

invited by your friends as well, moreover after your friends' acquaintances too, because through 7

subsequent levels after each of your friends, who realizes 5 successful invitations you will also

get 1 more GlobAllShare share.
If you have invited 5 of your friends successfully, you will get 1 GlobAllShare share straight away.

But you may not merely get shares after inviting your own acquaintances, but after each further user

invited by your acquaintances as well, moreover after your friends' acquaintances too, because

through 7 subsequent levels after each of your friends, who realizes 5 successful invitations you

will also get 1 more GlobAllShare share.

Continuous income

After your interests in the global community of the GlobAllShare you may have a continuous monthly

income, since you are paid a dividend from the global profit in each month, in proportion of the

number of shares you own.
If you have invited 5 of your friends to the GlobAllShare community successfully and your invited

friends also invite 5 of their friends in 7 subsequent levels following you, then you may be

entitled to the following dividend in each month.
level 1 5 Invitees 1 GAS share
level 2 25 Invitees 5 GAS share
level 3 125 Invitees 25 GAS share
level 4 625 Invitees 125 GAS share
level 5 3 125 Invitees 625 GAS share
level 6 15 625 Invitees 3 125 GAS share
level 7 78 125 Invitees 15 625 GAS share
Total 19.531 GAS share

According to the example, you may get altogether 19,531 GlobAllShare gratuitous shares, after which

you will be paid a monthly dividend after the global launching of the venture. If, for instance, you

are paid only $ 0.25 dividend from the global profit a month, you will get $5,000 a month. You may

even get a dividend of monthly $0.5 or $1.0 after each of your shares, thus a monthly earning of

$10,000 or $20,000 may easily be generated.
You can monitor the number and value of your shares as well as the sum of your monthly dividend at

the WebOffice permanently.

Join me now and start earning your shares by clicking on the link below:

http://go1.in/signupwithgloballshare
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by rman: 3:26pm On Sep 07, 2014
donbenie: I found your claim that you forgot your user ID number and Password,because as you claimed you didn't need to type it in before now,to be absolute HOGWASH..as a frequent GTBank online banker, I know for a fact that this is required for each and every time you log in to your Online account,so it is Disingenuous on your part to make that claim,my take from your whole story is that you're a Novice who does not know the primary rudiments of online banking,for instance recharging your line at odd hours may keep your money hanging till the next working hours, just as money transfer on a weekend is not advised,going through your post I deduced that your naivety is much more to be blamed than GTBank..

At last! Someone that really understand the OP is just a novice.

There are so many flaws in his write up I couldn't believe majority didn't pick them up.

Yes, GTB Internet banking may jot be perfect but I have noticed Nigerians like giving a dog a bad name just to hang it.

Even one of the posters on this thread blamed GTB for parents exposing their passwords for Top up card transfer.

I share your position on this issue bro

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by eluquenson(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2014
That's why am in love with UBA Internet banking... Simply the best in naija

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by repogirl(f): 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
I haven't had any problem with their online banking before...... OP, I think its better to do internet banking on a PC instead of a mobile device.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by teflonwhizz: 3:47pm On Sep 07, 2014
Check my signature
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Abuloma80(f): 3:48pm On Sep 07, 2014
BH finally captured Michika and hoisted their flags, while the military retreat to Maraba to prevent BH entering Mubi their next target. No time for lengthy write up now......................
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by shilexholly(m): 3:54pm On Sep 07, 2014
U just sure had a bad day.....GTbank D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ try now.....
Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by walearoy(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
Decryptor: I have been an ardent customer of GTB for the past 8yrs and enjoyed their mode of services until recently. I use to read comments (even here on Nairaland) about how they are over-rated and refused to agree to it until recently esp in the area of their online banking services.

GTB...Guarantee Trust Trouble Bank

Common Dude!
How much were you paid to do this negative publicity?
Personally i agree GT is over hyped but will never speak about them this way!

Went to a Isolo Gt branch to update my mandate ,the staff needed to make copy of my ID card and she was like 'Sir, go over there to make 2 copies of this form and your ID' and I was like 'is it my job?' She just went mute and continued with what she was doing, out of frustration I had to make the copies.

GT is a very good bank, but i personally will take a UBA or FBN over them.

UBA ibanking failed me just once which got rectified after 24hrs.

1 Like

Re: GTBank's Internet Banking Services...totally OVER-HYPED! by Raypawer(m): 3:58pm On Sep 07, 2014
Eyop:

Agreed Zenith doesn't have much crowd but they have their own issues same with Access Bank. I closed my personal account with Access some months ago due to dubious charges(whether you transact or not,they kept deducting money).

Na u de gree for them na! I d break protocols if them temper with my money!! Hu They even know me welka at the branch i use. One day one of their staff stole my 1 k cos it was much nd i was in a hurry kind of. I reported her nd set trap for her nd b4 u know it she was suspended for d bullshit with my money. Guy even if its bank of whatever, its my money nd am always the boss.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Currency Exchange Rates For Today, September 11, 2017 / Innoson Withdraws Ex Parte Case Against Gtbank, EFCC / My Experience In The Bank Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.