Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,383 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:17 PM

Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) (22226 Views)

What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2011? / What Are Your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2010? / What Are your Top 10 Naija Hip Hop Tracks Of 2009? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 11:12am On Sep 07, 2014
RayCharles:

How many pple you bless that ow u measure sucess- Robert Leonard William a.k.a Rick Ross

You see! But they say these peeps sing trash! In their nonsense, they still make sense. Such lines hardly come across the heads of our artistes.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 07, 2014
Rapmoney:

By focusing 100 percent on nyash, breas.ts, sex and the likes?

Sexxxy sells faster than church and require less hardwork
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by priscaoge(f): 11:20am On Sep 07, 2014
omoadeleye:

lol, patoranking be that. .. not a mix tape
Omo that thing no follow abegundecided
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Neldrizzy(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2014
Who give a fuccck ?? Jargo, zule-zoo, DJ zeez, DB collabo, marvellous benji, zaaki azzay, slow dogg, dija, daddy showkey, baba frayo, stereo man (sample ekwe) SKY B, tonto dikeh, maheeda, maleke, thes are the tru HIP-HOP heads in naija, wen yu'r talking abt hIPHOp, these guys represent....... grin grin grin grin am i lieing ?? cool
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 11:25am On Sep 07, 2014
voltron:

Sexxxy sells faster than church and require less hardwork

Are we really looking at the social havoc it causing or we just enjoy these beats after taking countless bottles of beer? Go to primary schools and see how the kids are so obsessed with immoral lyrics and sex. There is a school close to my house where a pupil in pry 4 was punished severely for making a cartoon of a lady, half naked with big as.s and he titled it 'caro'. Where did the inspiration come from? That same child will sit for Common Entrance and fail woefully!
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 07, 2014
priscaoge: Someone was playing one song like that when I was in a Bus,they call it "S3x TAPE". I was shocked when I heard d lyrics shocked shocked shocked
Mehn! That was Patoranking's doing.

It's argueably the dirtiest of songs.

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by jimts(m): 11:28am On Sep 07, 2014
But wait ooo....
I think say na only me observe this Naija HipHop craze oo,
Is there any recent Nigerian hiphop music that doesn't have sex drive in it?

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by tobymichael(m): 11:32am On Sep 07, 2014
I feel u bro! but Sex sells! As for me i loyal to my Nasty Nas,Jigga, J.T , and the likes coming to naija JesseJagz and 2Baba will do.

2 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by kudoxs(m): 11:33am On Sep 07, 2014
horlabiyi: I'm sorry to tell you this op. Most of those foreign artiste you are seeing as music lords sing trash too. Just listen to the likes of Lil Wayne,Rick Ross,2chainz etc all they talk about is Womanliness,weed,booty and clubbing. Though there are some artiste that always kill the lyrics like Bruno Mars and co. Respect to the likes of Jesse Jags,Vector,Olamide,Reminisce,9ice and their mama Asa.
all the foreign artist you mentioned sings trash too but sometimes they sing good and inspiring songs too that will make you think.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by horlabiyi(m): 11:43am On Sep 07, 2014
VIPERVENOM: most Naija artistes have no creativity dats why they sing nonsense. D annoying part is dat d ones dat sing meaningful music dont sell. I miss d good old days of remedy and plantaishun boyz and tribesmen. D foreign ones aren't left out. D likes of lil wayne, juicy j and nicki. Dats why i still listen to music from d early and mid 2000s. My best rapper still remains flo rida
you mentioned REMEDY group? Hahaha aswear you no sabi anything about music
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by priscaoge(f): 11:46am On Sep 07, 2014
blizard44: Mehn! That was Patoranking's doing.

It's argueably the dirtiest of songs.
Like seriously, WDF was that? And they released d silly music,sell it to d Massesundecided It's so dirty no say u talk am

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by klodike(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2014
Yeah!!! Jst like one clown who said nyansh no get teeth but e dey cut shit. Lmsao
priscaoge: Their Lyrics tho undecided

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by johndanny(m): 11:52am On Sep 07, 2014
I think say na only me de reason dis matter o..all dis nonsense wer wizkid dem de sing, just corrupting our young ones.... Respect to #2baba

2 Likes

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Revolva(m): 11:53am On Sep 07, 2014
Nigerian music...alone is just to dance and forget the sorrows of this disorganized nation...whenyou alk about hiphop....there is less hip hop movement here ....imagine hiphop music award.....sef no even send the culture....sef.....look there is no hiphop here ...we have our own indigenous hiphop....ok....

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by priscaoge(f): 11:56am On Sep 07, 2014
klodike: Yeah!!! Jst like one clown who said nyansh no get teeth but e dey cut shit. Lmsao
Lwkmdcheesycheesycheesy...All they need is money,even when they sing thrash,they will still make money

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
klodike: Yeah!!! Jst like one clown who said nyansh no get teeth but e dey cut shit. Lmsao

It should be no other person but Erriga! There are ways of talking about women without being unnecessarily dirty, has anyone figured the reason why 2face's songs don't stop to 'reign'? Play African Queen anywhere, peeps will still nod their heads and dance. Listen to songs like 'Cry' by Modenine, 'Hope' by Twista and Faith Evans, 'Airplane' by Bobby. These are classics. In the next 2 months, you won't hear of Timaya's 'Ukwu' but peeps will still feel his 'Ogologomma' and 'True Story' till only-God-knows.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by redsun(m): 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2014
As long as records sales,it is good enough for the artists.And from the look of things,they seems to be selling very well.Some are even buying private jets like they are buying kabukabu,even though it is an outrageous move and waste of resources that could be used for formidable and life long investments.

Music is a trend that goes with the mind set of the time and with the proliferation of instant medias in the third worlds,it can only but be on the rise commercially.At the moment there are so many nigerian tracks that are often played in western club scenes and it is quite encoragings
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Slickest(m): 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
If dem do gud music u go buy am? No b 2 download am, aw does dat pay their bills? Which nosa,asa, simi,2face,vector,jeremiah gyang's show av u ever attended....ena go dey der dey critisize artists trying 2 mk a living...the truth is nobody get tym 2 sit don listen 2 lyrics animore
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 07, 2014
Respect to 2baba,, he can sing meaningfully and sing 4 d sake of low IQ citizens

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by maingwaest(f): 12:23pm On Sep 07, 2014
ebolablast: according to timaya,I sing those kind of songs to earn a living.. op..imagine say na u now..u try gospel u get 20k profit,u come try hip hop wey nyash no dey inside u gain 50k u come do d 1 wey nyash dey inside u gain 500k abeg which 1 u go continue?? after all naija hip hop is far more decent Dan d Americans eg pu**y money weed,na song b dat?? am sure 80% of lil Wayne lovers on nairaland got d song on dia mobile
. Even tho OP is ryt,I kinda agree wit u. They sell wot people ll buy and they are in it to make big bucks so y not yanshilise their song? I remember years back after Inyanya won PF and break out he was singing cool R&B songs wit good relics but it was not well accepted until he did Kukere. So na wetin Nigerians de find dem de give them so.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by GreenBobo: 12:25pm On Sep 07, 2014
Coldfaya:

May ur wife give birth to twins!!
Kai nigerians always complain about empty lyrics but never patronise meaningful artistes. Iyanya is a classical eg. He used to beg for shows back then even when his songs were dope, azin very clean n meaningful lyrics. Yet he earned next to nothing. Bt since him enter kukere now, story change

May your wife give birth to triplets cheesy cheesy cheesy
You see the problem? People don't practice what they preach I bet he didn't know of Inyanya before "kukere" !!! Stick to what makes "sense" to you and allow or should I say permit others to wallow in their esteemed state of "uselessness!" Shalom!!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 12:34pm On Sep 07, 2014
GreenBobo:

May your wife give birth to triplets cheesy cheesy cheesy
You see the problem? People don't practice what they preach I bet he didn't know of Inyanya before "kukere" !!! Stick to what makes "sense" to you and allow or should I say permit others to wallow in their esteemed state of "uselessness!" Shalom!!! cheesy

What you guys are looking at is just the money these folks make. What about the social damage? I bet you, if Edna Ogoli, Raskimono or Isaac Black did songs like this, our generation would have been worse!
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by experimentist: 12:35pm On Sep 07, 2014
priscaoge: Someone was playing one song like that when I was in a Bus,they call it "S3x TAPE". I was shocked when I heard d lyrics shocked shocked shocked Like seriously that's d dirtiest music I have ever heard. WDF! I wonder Y they didn't ban dat silly music.
kick a little of the lyrics mek I hear na
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by priscaoge(f): 12:42pm On Sep 07, 2014
experimentist: kick a little of the lyrics mek I hear na
Search 4 it online n download it,I guess it's better.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by redsun(m): 12:44pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rapmoney:

What you guys are looking at is just the money these folks make. What about the social damage? I bet you, if Edna Ogoli, Raskimono or Isaac Black did songs like this, our generation would have been worse!

What is good about a generation that loots its society dry?A generation that build good schools for children,can't maintain good roads or constant electricity?

Tell me? Morality my asss.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 12:57pm On Sep 07, 2014
redsun:

What is good about a generation that loots its society dry?A generation that build good schools for children,can't maintain good roads or constant electricity?

Tell me? Morality my asss.

You might not be a father now, but sooner or later, you will. Will you still say 'morality ur as.s then?
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by redsun(m): 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2014
Rapmoney:

You might not be a father now, but sooner or later, you will. Will you still say 'morality ur as.s then?

Who said i am not a father?Morality is not in words,but by actions. By their fruits,ye shall know them.
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by MissTeaseMe(f): 1:01pm On Sep 07, 2014
Canme4u: Grass to grace by 2baba

The chorus of Oritsefemi, the verce and the Vector's raps were all within the content of the track.

It is not about self praising, it is about the reality. Vector did justice to that with his raps which accompany a great rymhs just like DaGreen's track DEMOCRAZY

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
I Love Dagrin's democrazy
2baba is doing well too.

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by lepasharon(f): 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2014
Most naija music is just catchy with beats. There is no substance to it.

1 Like

Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by omoadeleye(m): 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2014
priscaoge:
Omo that thing no follow abegundecided

but that was how the guy sang it, i was in church that time, that was why I don't include s'ex tape,

he sang like this : this is s'ex tape not a mix tape,
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by Rapmoney(m): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
redsun:

Who said i am not a father?Morality is not in words,but by actions. By their fruits,ye shall know them.

What do you call action? When you use corrupt words always to describe a woman's anatomy and show this in your video, does that not amount to action?
Re: Naija Hip Hop And Its Emptiness (Stroking The Admiration Of The Shallow Minds) by redsun(m): 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2014
lepasharon: Most naija music is just catchy with beats. There is no substance to it.

Sometimes the beats does it.That why an igbo man can joyfully dance to kwam 1,even when does not understand yoruba language in-toto.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

P-Square: Kings Of Copy, Sampling And Overlifting / New Video: P-square – Beautiful Onyinye Ft. Rick Ross. [download] + Audio / Abuja Radio Stations: 98.3 Hot FM vs. 96.9 Cool FM?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.