Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John - Religion (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John (80202 Views)

The Christ Embassy Church Is A Cult / Special Thanks To Sir John, Enigma, Kunleoshob And Nuclearboy May God Bless U!! / The Truth About Christ Embassy Healing School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 1:58pm On Sep 30, 2014
shdemidemi:

Why don't we just leave adamic flesh as what it is- sinful, enmity with God, the devil's property.

Jesus never came in that form! but you and I did. Jesus came like that form but not in that form. He was never a sinner nor God's enemy at any point like you and I.

He defeated sin from the day he was conceived. The way he came in to the world was by a different route from the way you and I came. Since he could do that, he used the same power to condemn sin for us so we can become friends and sons of God.

You and I became sinners not because we told a lie, we became sinners because we were conceived in sin even before we had an opportunity to commit an act of sin. We became slaves to sin for that reason, sin was our master, he makes us crave for what is diametrically against God's will. Jesus was never a slave to sin, hence he couldn't be propelled to do the act.

emulate in what sense?

We were born sinners because of the Spirit we had at birth and not because of the flesh. I live in my house but I am not my house. Jesus wasn't born a sinner because he was born with a righteous SPIRIT that is what enabled him to condemn sin in the flesh.

Emulate Jesus in the way he thought(his mentality), the way he acted, the way he responded, the way he spoke and the things he did (apart from the one's he did for us)

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 2:50pm On Sep 30, 2014
mbaemeka:
We were born sinners because of the Spirit we had at birth and not because of the flesh. I live in my house but I am not my house. Jesus wasn't born a sinner because he was born with a righteous SPIRIT that is what enabled him to condemn sin in the flesh.

I agree with you here..

But we have lived with that spirit of the world so much that it has abused our mind, our thoughts and all of our members. These abuse then become strongholds that we need to breakdown by the word of God until we become mature to know what is of God to what is of the abused mind.

mbaemeka:
Emulate Jesus in the way he thought(his mentality), the way he acted, the way he responded, the way he spoke and the things he did (apart from the one's he did for us)

It is never an instant change nor a perfect semblance of Christ. No one can achieve such perfection.
2 cor 3
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

We are changed from one level to a higher level of His image. We cannot exhaust it or become that exact image as long as we are living in this present body.

The flesh was made(factory fitted) and built faulty and with infirmity because of the spirit that propelled it from scratch. In other words, no matter what we do our flesh can never be made perfect. Thank God for Jesus our 'new' spirit is perfect.

24 O unhappy and pitiable and wretched man that I am! Who will release and deliver me from [the shackles of] this body of death?

The only way we can attempt to think like Jesus is to see the world from the eyes of scriptures. To make the Word completely change our mentality even when it does not favor our flesh.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 6:10pm On Sep 30, 2014
^^^
The spirit is changed instantly. What does not change instantly is the soul (mind) and flesh. We are to renew the mind by the studying and (believing) of the word while we are to subdue the flesh by acting on the word (walking in the spirit). I have said this even on this thread.

(Edited)

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 6:45pm On Sep 30, 2014
mbaemeka: ^^^
The spirit is changed instantly. What does not change instantly is the soul (mind) and flesh. We are not renew the mind by the studying and (believing) of the word while we are to subdue the flesh by acting on the word (walking in the spirit). I have said this even on this thread.

? ? ?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Revolva(m): 7:05pm On Sep 30, 2014
Boss13:

OMG you are so damn right. I think I have seen a couple of those videos.
omo post am and let expose these people
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 7:43pm On Sep 30, 2014
mbaemeka:

So many empty words with nothing said. I have not said here or anywhere else that a child born today isn't as much a sinner as a grown man. The reason the child is a sinner is not because of his FLESH but because of his SPIRIT. Do you get it now?

A sinner is a SINFUL SPIRIT that is housed in a mortal body/flesh while a righteous man is a RIGHTEOUS SPIRIT living in a mortal flesh/body.

So when Paul was a sinner he let his SINFUL SPIRIT work sins in his mortal body but when he became a righteous man he let his RIGHTEOUS SPIRIT subdue his mortal flesh.

Being able to subdue the mortal flesh from day one to year 33, possess a righteous SPIRIT and have DIVINE, spotless and sinless blood made JESUS the PERFECT SACRIFICE.

If Jesus flesh was any different or "born perfect" then he was already due to die at birth (which is a contradiction because perfect flesh cannot die) and Paul said that is a lie. Jesus had to be subjected to the same temptations that other men have and pass it and he did even till death. This consummated his perfection as a man then he was now eligible to go to the cross for mankind. That's why when the time was near for his death he told his disciples that Satan had nothing IN HIM.

How was satan supposed to put it in him? The same way he put it in Adam. In Jesus' case the temptations were harder for if he as much as insulted the people who asked for his death he would have tainted his SPIRIT.

Hope you get it now.

Jesus was born PERFECT at birth i.e. without the stain of Adam’s sin which the rest of the entire mankind carries – 1 Corinthians 15: 22 “For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive”

Jesus had human flesh, yes. BUT it was a flesh free from the influence of Adam’s stain that pervades the rest of mankind.

This is because the one who would be acceptable to God as mankind’s sin-bearer had to be holy through and through. He had to be perfect at birth (NO SIN) and also had to be perfect when he reached the cross.

Adam had no sin at his ‘creation’. When he sinned, the sentence of God – “Dying, you will die …” became his portion. Did he die physically immediately? NO. But God had said “In the day that you eat of it …” So there was a first ‘dying’ before the physical death. And indeed when they ate of the fruit of the forbidden tree they KNEW something had gone wrong with them. They were no longer the same as they were before then. They knew they were DIFFERENT from how they were before the fall. But they were still physically alive.

Jesus was born in a similar way that Adam was ‘created’ perfect. He was born free from sin and the influence of the sin nature that affected Adam after the fall and equally affected all his (Adam’s) progeny thereafter.

Therefore to say Jesus had a sinful flesh would mean he was DISQUALIFIED ab initio from being the perfect sacrifice required by God for mankind’s salvation.

Like the soul of man, this nature of sin resides in and influences the body. Hence the reference to it as ‘flesh’ and other similar terms.

If Jesus had this ‘post Adam’s fall’ nature he would not have been an acceptable sacrifice. But like Hebrews 7: 26 says, he was ‘holy’, ‘unstained’ and ‘separated from sinners’. Like Hebrews 4: 15 says, he was ‘without sin’. 1 John 3:5 also says it: “… … in him there is no sin”

Romans 7: 25 is clear about the influence of the ‘flesh’ on the individual. In the humanity of Christ this influence of the ‘flesh’ was not there because like I pointed out earlier 1 John 3: 5 says “… in him there is no sin”.

If it were possible (but unfortunately an impossibility) for a man born through Adam (i.e. by man & woman’s involvement) to subdue the mortal flesh from day one till he dies, that man will still not be an acceptable sacrifice to God. Why? Because that man already has the strike of Adam’s sin from birth.

So it needs repeating that your understanding and use of the words ‘sinful flesh’ in respect of Jesus is wrong. Sinful, again, is simple English. Sinful means tainted with, marked by or full of sin. So a sinful flesh has sin. Saying that of Jesus’ flesh would be blasphemous.

If the Bible anywhere says that Jesus’ flesh was a sinful flesh show us clearly.

What made Jesus DIFFERENT and the PERFECT SACRIFICE then were:
1. He was born perfect (sin-free).
2. He remained perfect till the cross.

The two CANNOT be separated. He is not a sinful flesh who lived a life free of sin to qualify for the cross.
He is a sin-free flesh who lived a life free of sin to qualify for the cross.

So when Jesus said in John 5: 51 “… … and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh” he was talking about a perfect flesh which was the only thing that would satisfy the righteous requirement of God the Father. It was a flesh WITHOUT DEFECT – a flesh without the stain and influence of the old sin nature and lived throughout the incarnation free of sin.

The importance of Jesus’ flesh is also shown in the observance of the Holy Communion. His body as well as his blood was given for us. If any of them was sinful will it be given this much prominence? Obviously not.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 8:36pm On Sep 30, 2014
The spirit is changed instantly.

The spirit is brought back to life not changed. The old spirit dies instantly.

mbaemeka:
What does not change instantly is the soul (mind) and flesh.

The soul is the new man.. It is saved but needs to grow by nourishing it with the 'right' Word.

The flesh does not necessarily need to be changed, I don't think it can change. For illustration purpose, no matter how spiritual one may be, if you place yourself in a place where you can fall, your flesh will take complete control of you. On a more lighter note, say a pretty girl walk pass, the first thing your eye wants to do is look. That is what that eye loves to do, that is how it was wired. No spirituality or prayer can stop the eyes from doing that. Of course, only if one is blind.

The flesh and its members can be subjected to mortification by refusing to feed it with its desires. The right information of God's word dominates and suppress the lust of our flesh.
Rom 6
12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof.

13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God.

14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Which means sin as been put to death so it cannot stand against us against God but it isn't completely annihilated. We must consciously live for God to do what is acceptable. The ability to do this isn't by resolutions or prayers and fasting, it can only come by our spiritual growth by the word.

mbaemeka:
We are not renew the mind by the studying and (believing) of the word while we are to subdue the flesh by acting on the word (walking in the spirit). I have said this even on this thread.
What do you mean by 'acting on the word' and 'walking in the spirit'?
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 1:35am On Oct 01, 2014
trustman:

Jesus was born PERFECT at birth i.e. without the stain of Adam’s sin which the rest of the entire mankind carries – 1 Corinthians 15: 22 “For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive”

Adam's sin that other men received was through their spirit-just like him and not the flesh. Jesus didn't have the same spirit with Adam. Besides, that verse of scripture you quoted is comparing Adam after his fall and Jesus after his resurrection.

Jesus had human flesh, yes. BUT it was a flesh free from the influence of Adam’s stain that pervades the rest of mankind.

Adam's stain was in his spirit. Jesus didn't have the same spirit but Jesus had the same flesh. Spirit gives birth to spirit and flesh gives birth to flesh. Jesus' spirit was from his father but his flesh was from Mary.

This is because the one who would be acceptable to God as mankind’s sin-bearer had to be holy through and through. He had to be perfect at birth (NO SIN) and also had to be perfect when he reached the cross.

I have not said otherwise. Jesus had a perfect Spirit but he shared flesh with other men.

esus was born in a similar way that Adam was ‘created’ perfect. He was born free from sin and the influence of the sin nature that affected Adam after the fall and equally affected all his (Adam’s) progeny thereafter.

Sin nature is the spirit of a man when he is unregenerate. The spirit controls the flesh the bible says. Jesus' spirit was not tainted by sin so yes he didn't have sin nature but he had the same bodies sinners had.

Therefore to say Jesus had a sinful flesh would mean he was DISQUALIFIED ab initio from being the perfect sacrifice required by God for mankind’s salvation.

Depends on your definition of sinful flesh as used in the bible. It simply means corruptible flesh- the same one all humans have while on earth.

If Jesus had this ‘post Adam’s fall’ nature he would not have been an acceptable sacrifice. But like Hebrews 7: 26 says, he was ‘holy’, ‘unstained’ and ‘separated from sinners’. Like Hebrews 4: 15 says, he was ‘without sin’. 1 John 3:5 also says it: “… … in him there is no sin”

All meaning he had a perfect/righteous/sin-free spirit and that he did not commit sin- nothing else.

Romans 7: 25 is clear about the influence of the ‘flesh’ on the individual. In the humanity of Christ this influence of the ‘flesh’ was not there because like I pointed out earlier 1 John 3: 5 says “… in him there is no sin”.

What is IN HIM? The inner man- the Spirit. John was saying his Spirit was perfect and not that his flesh was different. As per Romans 7:25, this is what it says: Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Recall, I said this was Paul describing his unregenerate state even though few misunderstand and misapply the verse because they do not understand who a man is. Paul is saying "I" (my unregenerate spirit) read(s) the law of God and mentally assents to it (with his soul/mind) but my flesh was still sinning. Why? because the spirit controls the mind and the body. So when he was unsaved even if he saw 'thou shall not steal' and realized it was right with his mind, his spirit acted otherwise by causing his flesh to disobey because the spirit of the unregenerate man cannot obey God or his word Romans 8:7.

If it were possible (but unfortunately an impossibility) for a man born through Adam (i.e. by man & woman’s involvement) to subdue the mortal flesh from day one till he dies, that man will still not be an acceptable sacrifice to God. Why? Because that man already has the strike of Adam’s sin from birth.

I agree, because of the man's spirit. That's what I have been saying. Romans 5:14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. Why should sin and death reign over those who didn't "commit" sin like Adam? because they already have the Spirit that is tainted with sin which Jesus did not have. Adam was a type of Jesus. How else except that Jesus had the same flesh with him even though they had different spirits given that Adam tainted his and Jesus maintained his till death.

So it needs repeating that your understanding and use of the words ‘sinful flesh’ in respect of Jesus is wrong. Sinful, again, is simple English. Sinful means tainted with, marked by or full of sin. So a sinful flesh has sin. Saying that of Jesus’ flesh would be blasphemous.

Jesus' flesh was like a man's flesh. That flesh would sin if he let it but he didn't. He needed the flesh to die because he would have died in no other flesh just like Adam would not have died if he hadn't received a curse on his flesh. That cursed/corruptible/mortal flesh is the EXACT SAME ONE Jesus had. It is a flesh that can sin and KJV called it sinful flesh in Romans 8:3. (NB: I do not take definitions of biblical terms from a dictionary- Just so you'd know!)

What made Jesus DIFFERENT and the PERFECT SACRIFICE then were:
1. He was born perfect (sin-free).
2. He remained perfect till the cross.

The two CANNOT be separated. He is not a sinful flesh who lived a life free of sin to qualify for the cross.
He is a sin-free flesh who lived a life free of sin to qualify for the cross.

Man is not a flesh. Man is a spirit that lives in a flesh same way you live in your house but you are not your house. Get it right. Jesus had the same flesh that sinners had but he (his spirit was sin-free/righteous) and he did not commit sin. That's what made him perfect.

So when Jesus said in John 5: 51 “… … and the bread that I will give for the life of the world is my flesh” he was talking about a perfect flesh which was the only thing that would satisfy the righteous requirement of God the Father. It was a flesh WITHOUT DEFECT – a flesh without the stain and influence of the old sin nature and lived throughout the incarnation free of sin.

He was referring to the mortal flesh that he had- the same type that sinners had. He called it my flesh and not "me", for he is not a flesh- he is a spirit. That flesh qualified because he didn't yield it to sin.

The importance of Jesus’ flesh is also shown in the observance of the Holy Communion. His body as well as his blood was given for us. If any of them was sinful will it be given this much prominence? Obviously not.

The importance of the flesh is not in question (especially by those who believe that salvation includes healing) but the type of his flesh was clearly stated in scripture- He had the EXACT SAME FLESH that sinners had.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 2:07am On Oct 01, 2014
shdemidemi:

The spirit is brought back to life not changed. The old spirit dies instantly.

The born again man is a new man. He is not regenerated or revived. He is A NEW SPIRIT- one that never existed before.

2 Corinthians 5:17Amplified Bible (AMP)
17 Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!

The soul is the new man.. It is saved but needs to grow by nourishing it with the 'right' Word.

The soul is not a new man- the New man like the old man has the same soul (mind). He is the one to be renewed by the word. The new man is the Spirit. The spirit and soul are not the same.

Romans 12:2Amplified Bible (AMP)
2 Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed (changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

Ephesians 4:23Amplified Bible (AMP)
23 And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your mind [having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude]

What do you mean by 'acting on the word' and 'walking in the spirit'?

Walking by faith not by senses
Subjecting the flesh
meditating on the word
Praying and listening to the voice of the Spirit (fellowshipping with him)
being filled and led by him
Examining one's self etc.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 9:39am On Oct 01, 2014
mbaemeka:

The born again man is a new man. He is not regenerated or revived. He is A NEW SPIRIT- one that never existed before.

17 Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!

You don't seem to understand these things.. too much ambiguity can make one assume and make up ideas that are far from what the scripture is saying.

Who is a born again man?

could it be the flesh of the man, which is the outer layer that we refer to as our skin and its members? It can't be, because the bible says-

Genesis 2:7King James Version (KJV)

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

God made the cover of man(human flesh) and all its visible elements from the dust of the ground. But man never functioned as a man until God breathed in him. That breath of life was the final stage of the creation of man. That breath is what we call life.

That breath is the real you, that breath is what God refers to as mbaemeka and not the container housing him.

That container was what God told 'for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return'. The human flesh made from dust does not have anything to do with God. It goes back to where it came from. That is the main reason why I stand firmly against those who start ministries to care and gratify the flesh in the name of miracle. God is more concerned about that part that returns to him and not the part that decays after the breath is withdrawn.
Galatians 6
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

mbaemeka: He is not regenerated or revived. He is A NEW SPIRIT- one that never existed before.

New- Check the word new as used in this verse. It is not new in the sense that it never existed before. You do not want to use your engish dictionary to interpret some of these bible words. Sometimes, the full understanding can only come by checking the original word that was used and its meaning.

new is kainos in greek- check and let me know what you find.

BORN AGAIN--- To be born again, you must have been born before.

You and I were born in Adam before he fell. How do I know?
Gen 5
2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Eve was still inside Adam who happens to be the federal head of all mankind when God made this statement. Every one, white, black, asian were all in this one Adam and all partook in the sins of Adam.

We were made good in Adam but we all fell when Adam fell, hence why we need to be born again, to be translated back to where we were originally.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 9:56am On Oct 01, 2014
mbaemeka:
The soul is not a new man- the New man like the old man has the same soul (mind). He is the one to be renewed by the word. The new man is the Spirit. The spirit and soul are not the same.

What is the soul?

Is the soul really your mind?

soul is psuche in greek and mind is nous- please check and revert back with your findings.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by trustman: 9:59am On Oct 01, 2014
mbaemeka

Adam's sin that other men received was through their spirit-just like him and not the flesh. Jesus didn't have the same spirit with Adam. Besides, that verse of scripture you quoted is comparing Adam after his fall and Jesus after his resurrection.

Adam's stain was in his spirit. Jesus didn't have the same spirit but Jesus had the same flesh. Spirit gives birth to spirit and flesh gives birth to flesh. Jesus' spirit was from his father but his flesh was from Mary.
Can you show me the scripture that says Adam’s sin is received through other men’s spirit?

I have not said otherwise. Jesus had a perfect Spirit but he shared flesh with other men.

Sin nature is the spirit of a man when he is unregenerate. The spirit controls the flesh the bible says. Jesus' spirit was not tainted by sin so yes he didn't have sin nature but he had the same bodies sinners had.
Which portion of scripture says sin nature is the spirit of man when he is unregenerate?

Depends on your definition of sinful flesh as used in the bible. It simply means corruptible flesh- the same one all humans have while on earth.
What is your definition of sinful?

All meaning he had a perfect/righteous/sin-free spirit and that he did not commit sin- nothing else.

What is IN HIM? The inner man- the Spirit. John was saying his Spirit was perfect and not that his flesh was different. As per Romans 7:25, this is what it says: Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

Recall, I said this was Paul describing his unregenerate state even though few misunderstand and misapply the verse because they do not understand who a man is. Paul is saying "I" (my unregenerate spirit) read(s) the law of God and mentally assents to it (with his soul/mind) but my flesh was still sinning. Why? because the spirit controls the mind and the body. So when he was unsaved even if he saw 'thou shall not steal' and realized it was right with his mind, his spirit acted otherwise by causing his flesh to disobey because the spirit of the unregenerate man cannot obey God or his word Romans 8:7.
Can you explain “but with my flesh I serve the law of sin”?

I agree, because of the man's spirit. That's what I have been saying. Romans 5:14 Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come. Why should sin and death reign over those who didn't "commit" sin like Adam? because they already have the Spirit that is tainted with sin which Jesus did not have. Adam was a type of Jesus. How else except that Jesus had the same flesh with him even though they had different spirits given that Adam tainted his and Jesus maintained his till death.

Jesus' flesh was like a man's flesh. That flesh would sin if he let it but he didn't. He needed the flesh to die because he would have died in no other flesh just like Adam would not have died if he hadn't received a curse on his flesh. That cursed/corruptible/mortal flesh is the EXACT SAME ONE Jesus had. It is a flesh that can sin and KJV called it sinful flesh in Romans 8:3. (NB: I do not take definitions of biblical terms from a dictionary- Just so you'd know!)
Is ‘a flesh that can sin but has no sin’ the same as ‘a flesh that has sin’?

Man is not a flesh. Man is a spirit that lives in a flesh same way you live in your house but you are not your house. Get it right. Jesus had the same flesh that sinners had but he (his spirit was sin-free/righteous) and he did not commit sin. That's what made him perfect.
Did Jesus have (1) a flesh of sin but lived a life free of sin or (2) did he have a flesh free of sin and lived a life free of sin.

He was referring to the mortal flesh that he had- the same type that sinners had. He called it my flesh and not "me", for he is not a flesh- he is a spirit. That flesh qualified because he didn't yield it to sin.
Before Jesus' flesh qualified because he didn’t yield it to sin was it a sin-stained flesh?

The importance of the flesh is not in question (especially by those who believe that salvation includes healing) but the type of his flesh was clearly stated in scripture- He had the EXACT SAME FLESH that sinners had.
As far as the eternal SALVATION of man is concerned what is the importance of the body of Jesus in the Holy Communion?

I will appreciate your simple clear answers.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 10:28am On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=mba
mbaemeka:
Jesus while in that Adamic/Human flesh NEVER SINNED. That's how unique he was again. Paul said he CONDEMNED SIN in the flesh meaning he destroyed sin, he defeated sin, he subjected sin, he won sin.
And we are to emulate Jesus now that we have the same Spirit with him.
shdemidemi:
emulate in what sense?
mbaemeka:
Emulate Jesus in the way he thought(his mentality), the way he acted, the way he responded, the way he spoke and the things he did (apart from the one's he did for us

The mandate isn't to emulate Jesus, that will come naturally as we grow in his word and know is mind by the renewing of our own mind. The directive from God to us is to herald the good news and good tidings of His son- His death, burial and ascension and how it culminated to be a salvation pass to all who will believe. Any other thing asides that is secondary, a distraction from the main job we have been assigned to do. Things like miracle seminar or clinic, ways to breakthrough financially, marriage solution seminar, as good as they sound these are all devil concocted activities to divert our attention from our main job as ambassadors of God's kingdom to a self conscious people.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by christemmbassey(m): 6:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
shdemidemi:

I agree with you here..

But we have lived with that spirit of the world so much that it has abused our mind, our thoughts and all of our members. These abuse then become strongholds that we need to breakdown by the word of God until we become mature to know what is of God to what is of the abused mind.

It is never an instant change nor a perfect semblance of Christ. No one can achieve such perfection.
2 cor 3
18 But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

We are changed from one level to a higher level of His image. We cannot exhaust it or become that exact image as long as we are living in this present body.

The flesh was made(factory fitted) and built faulty and with infirmity because of the spirit that propelled it from scratch. In other words, no matter what we do our flesh can never be made perfect. Thank God for Jesus our 'new' spirit is perfect.

24 O unhappy and pitiable and wretched man that I am! Who will release and deliver me from [the shackles of] this body of death?

The only way we can attempt to think like Jesus is to see the world from the eyes of scriptures. To make the Word completely change our mentality even when it does not favor our flesh.
i've tried very hard not to join in this una dancing in circles, bro pls explain - Heb 10:14, ''by one offering, he has PERFECTED FOREVER them that are sanctified''. You can even start reading from verse 12.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 6:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
christemmbassey: i've tried very hard not to join in this una dancing in circles, bro pls explain - Heb 10:14, ''by one offering, he has PERFECTED FOREVER them that are sanctified''. You can even start reading from verse 12.

No be small matter bro... It is all for our edification.

Hebrews 10:14
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

This passage represents the second time God will rest in the bible. The first time was when he completed creation, there was nothing more to add, so God rested. Similarly, after this perfect sacrifice of His son, there was nothing more He could add to improve it.

The passage is not talking about our spiritual growth as Saved christians but The perfect and complete work of redemption. It was such a perfect work of redemption. Once for all. And so, by that one death on the Cross, He has perfected forever those that are sanctified (or set apart), purchased by His blood.

Now that our salvation is secured, we just don't gloat on that, we are expected to grow to know what is perfect and acceptable in the sight of God through our knowledge of his word.

1 pet 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by christemmbassey(m): 9:02pm On Oct 01, 2014
shdemidemi:

No be small matter bro... It is all for our edification.

Hebrews 10:14
12 But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.

14 For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

This passage represents the second time God will rest in the bible. The first time was when he completed creation, there was nothing more to add, so God rested. Similarly, after this perfect sacrifice of His son, there was nothing more He could add to improve it.

The passage is not talking about our spiritual growth as Saved christians but The perfect and complete work of redemption. It was such a perfect work of redemption. Once for all. And so, by that one death on the Cross, He has perfected forever those that are sanctified (or set apart), purchased by His blood.

Now that our salvation is secured, we just don't gloat on that, we are expected to grow to know what is perfect and acceptable in the sight of God through our knowledge of his word.

1 pet 2:2
As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:
ol boy o! See interpretation! Bro, it is well o! But bro dat v14 big pass ya interpretation, infact, it is too big. No wonda folks still de gum abrahamic covenant bc d covenant of Jesus is too big to COMPREHEND/ACCEPT. Bless u sir.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 10:38pm On Oct 01, 2014
shdemidemi:

You don't seem to understand these things.. too much ambiguity can make one assume and make up ideas that are far from what the scripture is saying.

Who is a born again man?

could it be the flesh of the man, which is the outer layer that we refer to as our skin and its members? It can't be, because the bible says-

Genesis 2:7King James Version (KJV)

7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

God made the cover of man(human flesh) and all its visible elements from the dust of the ground. But man never functioned as a man until God breathed in him. That breath of life was the final stage of the creation of man. That breath is what we call life.

That breath is the real you, that breath is what God refers to as mbaemeka and not the container housing him.

That container was what God told 'for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return'. The human flesh made from dust does not have anything to do with God. It goes back to where it came from. That is the main reason why I stand firmly against those who start ministries to care and gratify the flesh in the name of miracle. God is more concerned about that part that returns to him and not the part that decays after the breath is withdrawn.
Galatians 6
8 For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

Can you show me anywhere on this thread that I said the born again man is the flesh or are you replying the wrong person?

New- Check the word new as used in this verse. It is not new in the sense that it never existed before. You do not want to use your engish dictionary to interpret some of these bible words. Sometimes, the full understanding can only come by checking the original word that was used and its meaning.

new is kainos in greek- check and let me know what you find.

BORN AGAIN--- To be born again, you must have been born before.

The emboldened is an extremely false statement. The Spirit of the born-again man is NEW- he never existed before.

2 Corinthians 5:17Living Bible (TLB)
17 When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore. A new life has begun!
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIRV
New International Reader's Version
Anyone who believes in Christ is a new creation. The old is gone! The new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT
New Living Translation
What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!

The word kainos means exactly that- Brand new, fresh, created anew etc. The Spirit is brand new! that's what Paul is saying. The Old man- the unregenerate spirit is dead and gone!

Eve was still inside Adam who happens to be the federal head of all mankind when God made this statement. Every one, white, black, asian were all in this one Adam and all partook in the sins of Adam.

We were made good in Adam but we all fell when Adam fell, hence why we need to be born again, to be translated back to where we were originally.

We were reproduced from his spirit that's how we picked the sin up besides Eve was not in him when he fell. She fell on her own but because Adam got the instructions directly and not Eve, (he was the one representing mankind) he took all the blame.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 11:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
trustman:

Can you show me the scripture that says Adam’s sin is received through other men’s spirit?

Romans 5:14 But death reigned from Adam unto Moses, even over them also who have not sinned after the similitude of the transgression of Adam, who is a figure of him who was to come.

The bible says, sin and death reigned through even those who didn't physically commit a sin like Adam. How was it possible? Because man is a spirit, that has a soul and lives in a body so he will always reproduce himself in the same way having the same spirit, soul and body. Jesus said so:

6 That which is born of the flesh, is flesh; and that which is born of the spirit, is spirit.

And the spirit of a man is what God looks at to determine if he is a sinner or not.

Proverbs 20:27King James Version (KJV)
27 The spirit of man is the candle of the Lord, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Romans 8:27King James Version (KJV)
27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit. . .

The word heart was at times used by translators in referring to the spirit of a man. God is the person who searches the spirit. So if any man is a sinner it is because of the type of spirit he has and if he is righteous it is the same reason- his spirit. for example,

Genesis 6:5King James Version (KJV)
5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

God saw that after the fall, men's spirits became evil and conceived only evil things to do.

Ephesians 2:2King James Version (KJV)
2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

The evil one- or the devil, is the prince of the power of the air and he is the spirit that works in the children of disobedience- sinners. Compare that to the spirit that works in the obedient children- The Holy Spirit.

1 Corinthians 6:17King James Version (KJV)
17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Which portion of scripture says sin nature is the spirit of man when he is unregenerate?

The ONLY way you can truly know a man's nature is by his spirit because that is the real man.

1 Corinthians 2:11King James Version (KJV)
11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is IN HIM?

So when you see for example in 1 John 3:5 that Jesus had no sin IN HIM you can tell that John was referring to his spirit. Also look at what Jesus said about a man's heart i.e spirit in Matthew 15

18 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come forth from the heart; and they defile the man.
19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:

And juxtapose it with what Paul said about sinful nature in Galatians 5
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

We can see that what Jesus described as act's that proceed from the spirit is what Paul calls works of the flesh of the unregenerate man (because he said the man will not inherit the Kingdom of God) thereby proving that the unregenerate man is the spirit with a sinful nature. Notice Paul said works/acts of the flesh. Now, what controls the flesh to act? The spirit of a man does. In the case of a righteous man his spirit causes his flesh to act right while the sinners sinful spirit causes him to act sinfully.

What is your definition of sinful FLESH?

The flesh that sinners (all men) have. The one the bible describes as corruptible or mortal. The one that can yield to sin if used as such. The same one susceptible to dents, defects, diseases and death.

Can you explain “but with my flesh I serve the law of sin”?

When Paul was a sinner his [sinful]spirit caused his members[flesh] to commit sin e.g Oversee Stephen's death. Even though in his soul (mind) he knew the law of God said "Thou shall not kill".

Is ‘a flesh that can sin but has no sin’ the same as ‘a flesh that has sin’?

Yes sir, they are the same flesh. One just used his to obey God while the other disobeyed God with his.

Did Jesus have (1) a flesh of sin but lived a life free of sin or (2) did he have a flesh free of sin and lived a life free of sin.

Jesus had the same flesh sinners had but he lived free of sin while in it.

Before Jesus' flesh qualified because he didn’t yield it to sin was it a sin-stained flesh?

It was the exact same flesh sinners had.

As far as the eternal SALVATION of man is concerned what is the importance of the body of Jesus in the Holy Communion?

1 Corinthians 11:24King James Version (KJV)
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.

Why was his body broken? because all the sins of men were imputed on his mortal body (spirits are immortal) so God had to destroy that body once and for all men. Each thing he suffered was to solve a particular issue. Isaiah said so in Chapter 53.

5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.

This is why Jesus needed a mortal flesh-same as all men. Because only a mortal flesh could accommodate all these and then die.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 11:58pm On Oct 01, 2014
shdemidemi:

The mandate isn't to emulate Jesus, that will come naturally as we grow in his word and know is mind by the renewing of our own mind. The directive from God to us is to herald the good news and good tidings of His son- His death, burial and ascension and how it culminated to be a salvation pass to all who will believe. Any other thing asides that is secondary, a distraction from the main job we have been assigned to do. Things like miracle seminar or clinic, ways to breakthrough financially, marriage solution seminar, as good as they sound these are all devil concocted activities to divert our attention from our main job as ambassadors of God's kingdom to a self conscious people.

Telling sick people that God has healed them is part of the message of Salvation.

1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by donnie(m): 12:36am On Oct 02, 2014
mbaemeka:

The born again man is a new man. He is not regenerated or revived. He is
A NEW SPIRIT- one that never existed before.

17 Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he
is a new creation (a new creature altogether
); the old [previous
moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and
new has come!

The soul is not a new man- the New man like the old man has the same
soul (mind). He is the one to be renewed by the word. The new man is the
Spirit. The spirit and soul are not the same.

Romans 12:2Amplified Bible (AMP)
2 Do not be conformed to this world (this age), [fashioned after and
adapted to its external, superficial customs], but be transformed
(changed) by the [entire] renewal of your mind [by its new ideals
and its new attitude], so that you may prove [for yourselves] what is
the good and acceptable and perfect will of God, even the thing which is
good and acceptable and perfect [in His sight for you].

Ephesians 4:23Amplified Bible (AMP)
23 And be constantly renewed in the spirit of your
mind
[having a fresh mental and spiritual attitude]

Walking by faith not by senses
Subjecting the flesh
meditating on the word
Praying and listening to the voice of the Spirit (fellowshipping with
him)
being filled and led by him
Examining one's self etc.

TEACHER

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:47am On Oct 02, 2014
shdemidemi:
What is the soul?
soul is psuche in greek and mind is nous- please check and revert back with your findings.

The soul of man is often confused with the spirit but they are not the same. The spirit of a man has a soul while they are housed in the body. The soul of a man is the realm of the mind, feelings and thoughts etc. and is often interchangeably used as such. In the OT the soul was often referred to as the life of a man amongst other things as afore-mentioned and the word was Nephesh in Hebrew. Both the soul and the spirit are eternal but the soul doesn't exist independent of the spirit. They also both form the Inner man (hence the often confusion).

Mark 8:36King James Version (KJV)
36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Here it is described as life.

Proverbs 21:10King James Version (KJV)
10 The soul of the wicked desireth evil: his neighbour findeth no favour in his eyes.
Psalm 42:2-3King James Version (KJV)
2 My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

Here as a wish or desire or thought.

Acts 14:2King James Version (KJV)
2 But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.

Here psuche used as realm of the mind.

Acts 14:22King James Version (KJV)
22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

Acts 15:24King James Version (KJV)
24 Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law: to whom we gave no such commandment:

The soul stands next to other expressions for the human being to emphasize the emotional energy and willpower of the human being all rolled into one.

Mark 12:30King James Version (KJV)
30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Mark 14:34King James Version (KJV)
34 And saith unto them, My [b]soul[/b]is exceeding sorrowful unto death: tarry ye here, and watch.

Therefore, nephesh/psuche refers to the totality of the person as a center of life, emotions, feelings, and longings that can be fully realized only in union with God.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 5:58am On Oct 02, 2014
The spirit is changed instantly. What does not change instantly isthe soul (mind) and flesh. We are to renew the mind by the studying and (believing) of the word while we are to subdue the flesh by acting on the word (walking in the spirit). I have said this even on this thread.
(Edited)

The bold led me to ask

shdemidemi:
What is the soul?

I expected you to tell us what the soul is and what the mind is, and if they are the same but to my surprise, I got this-
mbaemeka:
The soul of man is often confused with the spirit but they are not the same. The spirit of a man has a soul while they are housed in the body. The soul of a man is the realm of the mind, feelings and thoughts etc. and is often interchangeably used as such. In the OT the soul was often referred to as the life of a man amongst other things as afore-mentioned and the word was Nephesh in Hebrew. Both the soul and the spirit are eternal but the soul doesn't exist independent of the spirit. They also both form the Inner man (hence the often confusion).

Therefore, nephesh/psuche refers to the totality of the person as a center of life, emotions, feelings, and longings that can be fully realized only in union with God.

Ignoring how and where soul was used in scripture, the soul has its primary meaning. Please help with the primary meaning of the soul.

Tell us if it is the same as the mind- 'it is the same or it is not the same' answer should do here.

Tell us what the mind is if it isn't the same as the soul.

Please don't mumble everything together, A simple and unequivocal/unambiguous answer in your words will sure suffice.

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 6:40am On Oct 02, 2014
mbaemeka:
Telling sick people that God has healed them is part of the message of Salvation.

1 Peter 2:21 For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:
24 Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.

Who are the sick as far as God is concerned today? I believe the sick are those who have not come to the knowledge of salvation and not some one using prescribed glasses because of eye disorder.

I like the emphasized- 'were'.

If they were healed, why build schools or try to advertise shows on t.v to attract people who had already been healed? In your heart of heart, do you really think those that are attracted by such adverts are there for the Word or for the bread?

Could it be that the definition of heal according to Peter as been misunderstood or deliberately misconstrued by the pseudo healers today?

Could 'heal' which is the same as 'made whole' be referring to physical treatment or could it be that it was used figuratively of spiritual healing.

Could this healing be the same as the healing Paul spoke about in Acts of Apostles-
Acts 28:27
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2014
mbaemeka:

Can you show me anywhere on this thread that I said the born again man is the flesh or are you replying the wrong person?

What is the bone of contention here! Isn't it to prove Jesus had a unique flesh? I am disparaging the flesh you and i carry today because it has been made faulty from birth due to the engine(spirit) that propels it.
Difference
========
The end of my flesh and your flesh is the dust, the end of Jesus' flesh is to glory.

Your flesh and my flesh was tainted by sin even before it became conscious of the act; Jesus' flesh was never tainted by any form of sin- before and after.

similarities
=======
Jesus died in the flesh, you will also die in the flesh

Jesus felt all the physical mutilations just as you would feel it in your flesh

your argument
========
Both flesh are susceptible to sin -

my take
======
I say lets make do with the facts we have and leave those we don't. One flesh sins because there is a root cause, a fault transferred genetically. The other flesh did not sin because there was no such maladjustment with the root or the source.

mbaemeka:

The emboldened is an extremely false statement. The Spirit of the born-again man is NEW- he never existed before.

2 Corinthians 5:17Living Bible (TLB)
17 When someone becomes a Christian, he becomes a brand new person inside. He is not the same anymore. A new life has begun!
2 Corinthians 5:17 NIRV
New International Reader's Version
Anyone who believes in Christ is a new creation. The old is gone! The new has come!
2 Corinthians 5:17 NLT
New Living Translation
What this means is that those who become Christians become new persons. They are not the same anymore, for the old life is gone. A new life has begun!

The word kainos means exactly that- Brand new, fresh, created anew etc. The Spirit is brand new! that's what Paul is saying. The Old man- the unregenerate spirit is dead and gone!

I believe common sense can help us here. If the unregenerate spirit dies, what happens- a new spirit is re-generated.

're' is a prefix, it is used when something that had happened before happens again. It indicates repetition.

I asked you to check the meaning of kainos- I doubt if you did.

See Mark 16:17- Jesus said
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues

This prophecy came in to fruition in Acts 2:4, but was it exactly new tongues as the english meaning of 'new' depict?

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

These languages were new and different to the speakers quite alright, but not in the sense that they have never been heard before to the hearers.

Apply the use of new(kainos) here to what we become when our dead spirit that was once alive is brought back to life anew.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 8:40am On Oct 02, 2014
mbaemeka:

We were reproduced from his spirit that's how we picked the sin up besides .

step up your game guvnor!

biology tells us how reproduction works- sperm and egg and what have you.

The child has no life in the mother's womb, the child breathe through the mother. If the mother dies, the child automatically dies. There is no Spirit there, no God there.

God waits for the child just when the mother push the child out; that breath of life is suddenly blown through the nostrils of the child to breathe independently of the mother. That breath makes the child physically alive but spiritually dead because of the infirmity in the flesh.

Adam passes his sinful and distorted genes that make up the flesh and not his spirit.

mbaemeka: Eve was not in him when he fell. She fell on her own but because Adam got the instructions directly and not Eve, (he was the one representing mankind) he took all the blame

We all sinned in Adam, be it when we were still in him or outside him. In God's dictionary Adam and Eve are one and not two.

The message of Christianity expects every one to admit they are sinners, not because they told a lie or killed somebody else but because they become part of the sin Adam committed. When we admit this, we can then embrace the gospel of propitiation by Christ for the benefit of all who believe.

3 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
shdemidemi:

step up your game guvnor!

biology tells us how reproduction works- sperm and egg and what have you.

The child has no life in the mother's womb, the child breathe through the mother. If the mother dies, the child automatically dies. There is no Spirit there, no God there.

God waits for the child just when the mother push the child out; that breath of life is suddenly blown through the nostrils of the child to breathe independently of the mother. That breath makes the child physically alive but spiritually dead because of the infirmity in the flesh.

Adam passes his sinful and distorted genes that make up the flesh and not his spirit.

We all sinned in Adam, be it when we were still in him or outside him. In God's dictionary Adam and Eve are one and not two.

The message of Christianity expects every one to admit they are sinners, not because they told a lie or killed somebody else but because they become part of the sin Adam committed. When we admit this, we can then embrace the gospel of propitiation by Christ for the benefit of all who believe.

It is only when a man's spirit leaves his body that he is considered dead. James 2:26 teaches exactly that. I wonder what or how you guys study. Jesus said it is the spirit that gives life, the flesh doesn't profit anything. Why? Because the flesh can do nothing without the spirit. Geez.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
shdemidemi: ,

The bold led me to ask

I expected you to tell us what the soul is and what the mind is, and if they are the same but to my surprise, I got this-

Ignoring how and where soul was used in scripture, the soul has its primary meaning. Please help with the primary meaning of the soul.

Tell us if it is the same as the mind- 'it is the same or it is not the same' answer should do here.

Tell us what the mind is if it isn't the same as the soul.

Please don't mumble everything together, A simple and unequivocal/unambiguous answer in your words will sure suffice.

Sorry if I speak too high. There are 2 words used as heart in the bible but not both refer to the organ for pumping blood. So if someone defines the heart of man as used in scriptures to refer to his spirit you don't show him the word for the organ and say what is it doing in the bible. Do you understand?

What I mean is, because there is a word nous in greek for 'mind' doesn't mean that the word psuche wasn't sometimes used in referring to the mental, emotional and thought-conceiving aspect of man. That's why I went on to give you the definition of the word nephesh in hebrew that was also translated to greek as psuche both meaning "life", "desires", "thoughts", "mind", "emotional energy" etc. And I gave corroborating scriptures to back it. For example, when Jesus said what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world but loses his own 'soul' he used the word translated psuche in greek to mean life in that context. In some other passage, Paul used psuche to instead refer to one's mental desire to get something done.

In all the cases used in the bible from the OT to the NT we can see that the soul is NEVER referred to as the real man but only as an aspect of His Spirit (which is the real man).
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
shdemidemi:

Who are the sick as far as God is concerned today? I believe the sick are those who have not come to the knowledge of salvation and not some one using prescribed glasses because of eye disorder.

I like the emphasized- 'were'.

If they were healed, why build schools or try to advertise shows on t.v to attract people who had already been healed? In your heart of heart, do you really think those that are attracted by such adverts are there for the Word or for the bread?

Could it be that the definition of heal according to Peter as been misunderstood or deliberately misconstrued by the pseudo healers today?

Could 'heal' which is the same as 'made whole' be referring to physical treatment or could it be that it was used figuratively of spiritual healing.

Could this healing be the same as the healing Paul spoke about in Acts of Apostles-
Acts 28:27
27 For the heart of this people is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes have they closed; lest they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
28 Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it.

Absolute thrash! The reason Peter said by whose stripes ye 'were' healed is because like Christ's death (and remission of sins) it has already occurred. What we are asked to do is to proclaim it to people.

When you preach to someone to accept the gospel of Jesus do you tell them to receive the gospel so that God would 'forgive' them or do you tell them to accept the 'forgiveness' of sin that Christ's death has already achieved for them? That's the same way you tell them that God has also done something about their physical diseases or sicknesses if they have any. It is the same gospel Paul preached that had a physically crippled man in Lystra develop faith to be Physically HEALED. In fact, there is nothing like a spiritual healing. God didn't heal our spirits- he gave us a brand new one.

This is the true gospel!
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by mbaemeka(m): 12:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
shdemidemi:

What is the bone of contention here! Isn't it to prove Jesus had a unique flesh? I am disparaging the flesh you and i carry today because it has been made faulty from birth due to the engine(spirit) that propels it.
Difference
========
The end of my flesh and your flesh is the dust, the end of Jesus' flesh is to glory.

Your flesh and my flesh was tainted by sin even before it became conscious of the act; Jesus' flesh was never tainted by any form of sin- before and after.

similarities
=======
Jesus died in the flesh, you will also die in the flesh

Jesus felt all the physical mutilations just as you would feel it in your flesh

your argument
========
Both flesh are susceptible to sin -

my take
======
I say lets make do with the facts we have and leave those we don't. One flesh sins because there is a root cause, a fault transferred genetically. The other flesh did not sin because there was no such maladjustment with the root or the source.

I believe common sense can help us here. If the unregenerate spirit dies, what happens- a new spirit is re-generated.

're' is a prefix, it is used when something that had happened before happens again. It indicates repetition.

I asked you to check the meaning of kainos- I doubt if you did.

See Mark 16:17- Jesus said
17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues

This prophecy came in to fruition in Acts 2:4, but was it exactly new tongues as the english meaning of 'new' depict?

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

These languages were new and different to the speakers quite alright, but not in the sense that they have never been heard before to the hearers.

Apply the use of new(kainos) here to what we become when our dead spirit that was once alive is brought back to life anew.

Thrash again and please leave speaking in tongues out of it because you don't understand it neither do you walk in the gift okay? If I show you something that you overlooked in reading that passage of scripture it would generate into a new topic that is a derailment from the purpose of this thread okay? Good.

The spirit of the born again man is not Re-generated. Let that sink in. The born again man received a new Spirit while the old one disappeared. That's what the bible says in clear terms.

Also, get the point I am passing through well so you can understand who a man is. A man is not his flesh or body. His flesh or body is his abode. Paul said the life 'I' live in the flesh showing us that there is an 'I' living in the 'flesh' therefore the 'I' is not the 'flesh'.

So when I said Jesus had the same flesh with us it is because he did given that he was born by an earthly woman. But unlike all other men born into this world Jesus was born with a RIGHTEOUS SPIRIT that lived in a mortal flesh. That's why he was unique apart from also having 'divine' blood. Other men on the otherhand were born with an UNRIGHTEOUS SPIRIT to live in a mortal flesh. That's why we need to be born again I.e to receive a brand new spirit- the same one Jesus has. That's why Paul said if any man is in christ he IS (not going to become) a new creation. If it was the flesh that became new we would have seen it evidently. If it was the soul we would have lost all the things that constituted the soul e.g the mind and we would have had a new one, but that is not the case. So we know what became new was the spirit within the flesh.

That's why we are now to re-new the mind by feeding it with the word of God (accurately) while we now subject the mortal flesh to obey our new spirit (the one that is now one with the Holy Spirit). This is what walking in the spirit entails.
Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 1:01pm On Oct 02, 2014
mbaemeka:

Absolute thrash! The reason Peter said by whose stripes ye 'were' healed is because like Christ's death (and remission of sins) it has already occurred. What we are asked to do is to proclaim it to people.

When you preach to someone to accept the gospel of Jesus do you tell them to receive the gospel so that God would 'forgive' them or do you tell them to accept the 'forgiveness' of sin that Christ's death has already achieved for them? That's the same way you tell them that God has also done something about their physical diseases or sicknesses if they have any. It is the same gospel Paul preached that had a physically crippled man in Lystra develop faith to be Physically HEALED. In fact, there is nothing like a spiritual healing. God didn't heal our spirits- he gave us a brand new one.

This is the true gospel!

My friend! Did Jesus go on the cross because he doesn't want you to have a headache?

Where exactly did Jesus tell you to to become a physical physician in his assembly?

1 Like

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by shdemidemi(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
mbaemeka:

Thrash again and please leave speaking in tongues out of it because you don't understand it neither do you walk in the gift okay? If I show you something that you overlooked in reading that passage of scripture it would generate into a new topic that is a derailment from the purpose of this thread okay? Good.

The spirit of the born again man is not Re-generated. Let that sink in. The born again man received a new Spirit while the old one disappeared. That's what the bible says in clear terms.

Also, get the point I am passing through well so you can understand who a man is. A man is not his flesh or body. His flesh or body is his abode. Paul said the life 'I' live in the flesh showing us that there is an 'I' living in the 'flesh' therefore the 'I' is not the 'flesh'.

So when I said Jesus had the same flesh with us it is because he did given that he was born by an earthly woman. But unlike all other men born into this world Jesus was born with a RIGHTEOUS SPIRIT that lived in a mortal flesh. That's why he was unique apart from also having 'divine' blood. Other men on the otherhand were born with an UNRIGHTEOUS SPIRIT to live in a mortal flesh. That's why we need to be born again I.e to receive a brand new spirit- the same one Jesus has. That's why Paul said if any man is in christ he IS (not going to become) a new creation. If it was the flesh that became new we would have seen it evidently. If it was the soul we would have lost all the things that constituted the soul e.g the mind and we would have had a new one, but that is not the case. So we know what became new was the spirit within the flesh.

That's why we are now to re-new the mind by feeding it with the word of God (accurately) while we now subject the mortal flesh to obey our new spirit (the one that is now one with the Holy Spirit). This is what walking in the spirit entails.

Done with you on this topic.

2 Likes

Re: Truth Behind Christ Embassy Healing School By Sir John by Emperor4God(m): 1:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
WinsomeX: In the light of the pending divorce case and the allegation of adultery leveled against Pastor Chris Oyakhilome of the Christ Embassy Church, I stumbled on the above named thread by one SirJohn.

That thread has run over 50pages, opened sometimes in 2008. I noticed that the voice of the OP was drowned by the stringent criticism from CE members. The purpose of this thread is to sift SirJohn voice from the cacophony on that thread.

My other purpose is for readers to examine the words of the OP and then compare them with the words emanating now both from Pastor Anita and hundreds of allegations levelled against this man.

My hope is that readers can come to their own conclusions themselves.

The rest of my post here will be those of SirJohn. As for the usual CE suspects who will crash in on this thread to insult me, you have liberty to this. I have already responded to you.

www.nairaland.com/193649/truth-christ-embassy-healing-school

SirJohn:

[size=14pt]CHRIS IS FAKE![/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply)

"Prophet Joshua Iginla Shared Nudes With Stella" - Wife, Yemisi Iginla (video) / Why David Ibiyeomie Deserves More Than A Private Jet (picture) / Ladies Attend Prophet Elvis Mbonye's Dinner Event Braless (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 283
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.