Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,970 members, 7,817,845 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Camry 2007 Problem! Please Help.. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2007 Problem! Please Help.. (2605 Views)

My Honda City 2007 Problem / Pegeout 307 Problem, Please Expert Help Needed. / Strange Selling Of Toyota Camry 2007/2008 Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry 2007 Problem! Please Help.. by blestman: 11:30pm On Sep 08, 2014
i just got a nigeria used camry 2007 and drove it from lagos to owerri . car couldnt accelerate beyond 80km/h in benin. a mechanic changed d transmission oil and the problem stopped. but after a week while tryin to drive out the engine stopped and refuse to restart even after tryin to jump start it wit anoda car battery. now d mechanic is sayin d fault is not from the battery or starter but that the engine has seize and he will need to bring down the engine of the car. please i need urgent advice..
Re: Camry 2007 Problem! Please Help.. by mayor2013: 12:18am On Sep 09, 2014
You drove a car fro lagos to owerri that couldnt acceleration more than 80km/h. You had your check light on and never bothered what could be wrong. Hmmm!!!!! Your mechanic comes and tell you engine seized. A common professional scanning would have saved you this extravaganza. I need you to answer the following

1) what test did your mechanic carry out to confirm that the engine was stucked

2) did you notice any form of overheating

Bro I would just advice you run a professional scan on this car first before your engine sees more hell from those road side mechanics grin when I mean scan am talkn about scanners all modules on your car and not just using a blue tooth scanner which wouldn't pick important areas.

When you run that scan a comprehensive result should be given to you. Now come back here and post results of the scan. If possible a data stream should be inculcated into this. After this we can take it up from there
Re: Camry 2007 Problem! Please Help.. by blestman: 4:55am On Sep 09, 2014
thanks man. there was no form of over heating, the mechanic after removing the starter tried turning the engine with a spanner via a nut located beside the front right tyre. sori i didnt add the car was scanned at benin and gave an error code p0986 which the scanner said was due to.either low or dirty transmisssion oil. am tryin to arrange for anoda scanning
Re: Camry 2007 Problem! Please Help.. by bravolad(m): 7:19am On Sep 09, 2014
blestman: i just got a nigeria used camry 2007 and drove it from lagos to owerri . car couldnt accelerate beyond 80km/h in benin. a mechanic changed d transmission oil and the problem stopped. but after a week while tryin to drive out the engine stopped and refuse to restart even after tryin to jump start it wit anoda car battery. now d mechanic is sayin d fault is not from the battery or starter but that the engine has seize and he will need to bring down the engine of the car. please i need urgent advice..

Based on the faulty code (p0986) you posted, I did a little research and these are the possible causes:
Faulty engine control module (ECM)
Dirty Transmission Fluid (probably solved since transmission has been replaced if the right fluid was used)
Low Transmission Fluid level (ensure you have adequate level in the transmission via the dipstick)
Faulty pressure control solenoid valve E
Pressure control solenoid valve E harness is open or shorted
Pressure control solenoid valve E circuit poor electrical connection

By implication, your check engine light is on. You will need to explain this to a competent mechanic. Alternatively, go to a competent garage to have a comprehensive scan. Most often, they should be able to fix whatever the problem.

One LESSON you must learn, the hard way though, is not to jump to buying a Nigerian used car without getting a competent mechanic to check and scan it no matter how clean it looks on the outside. Most Nigerians have poor maintenance history. Except you know the owner well and his maintenance habits. Buying a Nigerian used car is like buying a time bomb. Most owners abuse their cars and sell to people like you when issues begin to creep up on the car.
Re: Camry 2007 Problem! Please Help.. by mayor2013: 7:29am On Sep 09, 2014
This is not a matter of buying a Nigerian used car. There are sone cars that were even bought abroad and the buyer ever regretted buying the car. Back to the opreator. For an issue like this don't want to believe that was the only fault code on that car. Might even be in the end he might need to buy a complete transmission. @ "op" go run a more comprehensive scan and post fault codes here. Like I said run a data stream too
Re: Camry 2007 Problem! Please Help.. by blestman: 9:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
thanks guys. i had the car checked today and after they suceeded in starting it they scanned it and it still gave the code p0986.and this time the gear could shift but the car cant drive or reverse. the mechanic said the fault is from a pump in the gear which needs to b changed. i will keep u posted
Re: Camry 2007 Problem! Please Help.. by mayor2013: 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ok you getting some where then

(1) (Reply)

Help Please, Can You Recommend A Car Shipping Agent In The US? / Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle / 8 Things That Reduce Your Car’s Fuel Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.