Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University - Education (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University (57455 Views)

5 Benefits Of Choosing A Private University And Polytechnic / 3 English Errors You Shouldn’t Be Making In 2016 / 6 Reasons ​you Should Not Attend A Private University (must See) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by TS2(m): 2:46pm On Sep 10, 2014
dryakson: amin and may God continue keeping your entire generation in poverty...... Wawa.... If you don't have something to say why not keep your dirty mouth shut?

From your comment I can conclude that you didnt even go to school.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 10, 2014
vulpeslopez: @crixtex..my engineering brother,how far?
i dey o... how ogun state na
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by TS2(m): 2:52pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: my first jamb score was 163(2013) i don't rush things so i had to sit down at home and studied harder rather than going to one of the home of dumbness around,scattered all over the country........this year i got 201 and i'm already admitted to study law in ESUT!
So,son you see?!

I would not consider a 201 score in jamb at a second seating an exactly novel performance worthy of boast na.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Bootybuttchic(f): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2014
WoodcrestMayor: My dear,check wat mnemonics mean.It is different from abbreviation...mnemonics has to do with memory.Remember in secondary skool wen u used "formula" to remember stuffs in chemistry?Thatz an example of mnemonics.

@OrlandoOwho,be sure b4 u teach else wrong will keep multiplying
thank u mayor ...just checkd....used to help remember something smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by TS2(m): 2:57pm On Sep 10, 2014
butanep: those struggles are the fun in the university... if you miss such, you didn't go to university but a glorified secondary school.

Then you will join other people in the beer parlour to condemn Nigeria's educational system when you are one of the problems of the system. If someone with this mentality is put as Minister of Education, what drive will he have to alleviate the sufferings of Nigerian university students?
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by bamac(m): 2:58pm On Sep 10, 2014
TS2:

Guy let's be logical here. If private university students have more restrictions and are more in schools equipped with better facilities with no strike activities by staff of the schools, more students will make 1st classes na. Its just that simple.

In public universities where lecturers are gods that you do not have access to easily and are hardly around in any case because they are striking and where there are dilapidating facilities....less people will make first class. Simple
ok now seriousness is required.... Dere is a saying dat u can forcefully take a horse to d river but u cant force dat horse to drink water... See all d things u mentioned above r tru but blv me d absence of all those things makes those in govt schools stronger.... Dey tend to search instaed of being spoon fed... And ds is wat makes a Nigerian students a real student, because our society encourages hardwork than spoon feeding.... Students of private schools are not meant for this nation cos when govt school students ar talkn dey cant sneeze... U must b sharp to compete in ds country.... Private school students bhaves like babies even wen dey r mature.... My brother no b by equipments alone o 4gt.....dat caging sef get adverse effect o....
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
TS2:

I would not consider a 201 score in jamb at a second seating an exactly novel performance worthy of boast na.
bro if u know how much the 2013 and 2014 jamb candidates were duped by jamb.......we are just robbed,that scoring 200 and above is a great achievement!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by TS2(m): 3:04pm On Sep 10, 2014
Onyiibazz: A CGPA of 2.7 in University of Nigeria, Nsukka equals a CGPA of 4.9 in Covenant University!!!

Right. Because everyone that enters Nsukka is a genius. Keep living on the faded glory of the days of dem Chinua Achebe.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by TS2(m): 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
bamac: ok now seriousness is required.... Dere is a saying dat u can forcefully take a horse to d river but u cant force dat horse to drink water... See all d things u mentioned above r tru but blv me d absence of all those things makes those in govt schools stronger.... Dey tend to search instaed of being spoon fed... And ds is wat makes a Nigerian students a real student, because our society encourages hardwork than spoon feeding.... Students of private schools are not meant for this nation cos when govt school students ar talkn dey cant sneeze... U must b sharp to compete in ds country.... Private school students bhaves like babies even wen dey r mature.... My brother no b by equipments alone o 4gt.....dats cage get adverse effect o....

See my guy...yeah i might agree that majority of public uni students have thick skins, but guy life no suppose tough like dat. Besides, many public uni graduates have the erroneous notion that private uni students are spoon fed. Guy I did WAEC, JAMB, GCE and Cambridge O and A levels because I was supposed to travel. I didnt. I went to a private uni eventually. Of all the exams my GCE was the worst and I had 2 A1s. I had only 1 F9. The rest were B3s and C4s. Relatively the result was fine. I did much better in the rest with good grades that would have gotten me into schools anywhere. I went to a private uni eventually and I swear that I had to work my ass out to get my 2.1. I did not go for any summer programme where I could make up so I had to be serious. So when you guys make it seem like we got everything on a platter of fold I just laugh.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by WoodcrestMayor(m): 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
U welcome smiley
Bootybuttchic: thank u mayor ...just checkd....used to help remember something smiley

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by TS2(m): 3:15pm On Sep 10, 2014
Kasynpaulsyn1997: bro if u know how much the 2013 and 2014 jamb candidates were duped by jamb.......we are just robbed,that scoring 200 and above is a great achievement!

On a good day I might be inclined to see your point but guy, mehn I dey interview people from private and public unis for work o. Leave story. There is no absolute argument that either/or is good/bad, however, statistically, when public graduates cannot write simple essays/construct correct tenses or answer general knowledge questions at the dimension I see it...I can't believe that dupe p mehn.

There are good ones but on the whole Nigeria's public educational system has failed Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by TS2(m): 3:24pm On Sep 10, 2014
tnktosin:

You got that right man. I wonder why they don't compare their public institutions to others outside this Country. Suffering and smiling Nigerian mentality. They take lectures with over a thousand students in a hall meant for 200 and call it hard work. I attended a Public institution but thanks to my private foundation i was able to make good grades. Nigerians seem to love a situation where you go hunting for past questions, studying all night till they run mad all because they still don't know their lecturers two months into the semester. Now they hate on their private university counterparts who are 'spoon fed' and will ultimately graduate ages before them.
I can only feel sorry for those who still believe Nigerian public schools are better than the private ones just for lack of freedom in a selected few. To think that suffering makes you stronger and better, is real concentrated poverty mentality in display.
I currently pay the fees for my younger sibling in a Nigerian private University and will ensure my kids get the best of education within and outside this country. They would not suffer the same fate as I did in Nigerian public institutions.

I tire for our countrymen.

#DEEPMAN##
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Onyiibazz: 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2014
TS2:

Right. Because everyone that enters Nsukka is a genius. Keep living on the faded glory of the days of dem Chinua Achebe.

Ok!!!
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by sunnyprof: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2014
all those six reasons you stated were what was not supposed to be part of University education, those are the things the Alutas are always fighting against. What concerns good education with strike, hustling, Ashiii, Flying 'Keke', Groove, freedom for cult etc.?

Private University at least made you focus first: Study, live well, Value Quality, 'No cheap success', 'No distraction' and Work with Plan (4 Years).
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by sunnyprof: 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2014
Have you heard of our Universities (Federal and State) up to Mid-1980s? The lifestyle and environment then is what the private Universities now try to offer you.

Even OAU Ile-Ife then was a state University (with all its glory and excellence) then as the most beautiful University in West Africa.

I think our Public Universities are now the glorified Secondary Schools instead, its Jankara and Motor park where you are not sure if the destination is near, anything goes.

Please don't get used to the unruly world of poverty and corruption running in our public University, so that we can have better behaved leaders of tomorrow. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Nobody: 8:21pm On Sep 10, 2014
Nursing (private): 5 years
Nursing (OAU) 10years
Nursing (UI) 8 years
God should provide.. dats d koko
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Khan1993: 11:33pm On Sep 10, 2014
Covenant university rank 10th in nigeria and school fee is 432,000 while unilorin rank 1st and school fees is 25,000.. How wise is your dad?

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by bamac(m): 9:41am On Sep 11, 2014
TS2:

See my guy...yeah i might agree that majority of public uni students have thick skins, but guy life no suppose tough like dat. Besides, many public uni graduates have the erroneous notion that private uni students are spoon fed. Guy I did WAEC, JAMB, GCE and Cambridge O and A levels because I was supposed to travel. I didnt. I went to a private uni eventually. Of all the exams my GCE was the worst and I had 2 A1s. I had only 1 F9. The rest were B3s and C4s. Relatively the result was fine. I did much better in the rest with good grades that would have gotten me into schools anywhere. I went to a private uni eventually and I swear that I had to work my ass out to get my 2.1. I did not go for any summer programme where I could make up so I had to be serious. So when you guys make it seem like we got everything on a platter of fold I just laugh.
i agree life no soppose b like dat, but do we v choice? Dealing wt ur environment is another thing government universities wil teach u
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by KunAviero(m): 10:11pm On Sep 11, 2014
opella: Also some companies don't accept graduates from private universities.
Name one company that doesn't. It's just so annoying when people talk without facts lik idiots. Stupid idiots at that.

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by KunAviero(m): 10:12pm On Sep 11, 2014
opella: Also some companies don't accept graduates from private universities.
Name one company that doesn't. It's just so annoying when people talk without facts like idiots. Stupid idiots.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by opella(f): 8:51am On Sep 12, 2014
KunAviero: Name one company that doesn't. It's just so annoying when people talk without facts like idiots. Stupid idiots.
. My dear, no need for insults. I know for sure that NAOC don't accept graduates from private universities.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Charmingsoul: 6:33pm On Sep 14, 2014
wen I wrote my first utme last I was given a wrong course though I beat the cutoff mark.Fortunately I was given a scorlarship in a private university thank GOD
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by naturefellow(m): 8:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
sirjohnson:

Of course something is wrong with you tongue
Hey pal, sorry. Looked like you were kidding until I opened the embedded link.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by sirjohnson(m): 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
naturefellow: Hey pal, sorry. Looked like you were kidding until I opened the embedded link.

So what do you think now
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by chidiswt: 4:23pm On Nov 13, 2014
@OP, if these are your criteria ... then, I'd would gladly say may God spare ma life, bless with kids and riches, and all of them would pass through a private uni. And I would equally pray to God to grant that you own kids would equally pass through the same kinda school u attended. I hope you'd gladly say amen to this.
Imagine what you posted! I'm so sure your v.c would be so disappointed in you for posting this rubbish or would rather be happy with you cos he's a product of such a nonsense you posted and does not have any hope nor dreams towards a better change in our beloved country's universities.
You sit there and say things you know nothing about in the private universities. Its a pity to say: most public universities are only living in past glories. Eg. Unijos cos that was the uni I attended before going to a private uni. And this was cos of the crisis there. I'm serving presently, and some of my classmates I left there are yet to graduate nor go for their service.
Getting into a private uni may seem easy to go, bu ma bro, a trial would convince you.
From your post, I'm not sure you attended a school, if you did, then it most b a glorified ocultic one. I rest my case for now

1 Like

Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by dryakson(m): 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
chidiswt:
@OP, if these are your criteria ... then, I'd would gladly say may God spare ma life, bless with kids and riches, and all of them would pass through a private uni. And I would equally pray to God to grant that you own kids would equally pass through the same kinda school u attended. I hope you'd gladly say amen to this.
Imagine what you posted! I'm so sure your v.c would be so disappointed in you for posting this rubbish or would rather be happy with you cos he's a product of such a nonsense you posted and does not have any hope nor dreams towards a better change in our beloved country's universities.
You sit there and say things you know nothing about in the private universities. Its a pity to say: most public universities are only living in past glories. Eg. Unijos cos that was the uni I attended before going to a private uni. And this was cos of the crisis there. I'm serving presently, and some of my classmates I left there are yet to graduate nor go for their service.
Getting into a private uni may seem easy to go, bu ma bro, a trial would convince you.
From your post, I'm not sure you attended a school, if you did, then it most b a glorified ocultic one. I rest my case for now
am not surprise this shit is coming from a product of private University.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by Saaog(m): 8:50pm On Nov 14, 2014
Its so ludicrous, absurd and illogical comparing a mushroom€ uni a glorified secondary skul (private) to a versatile, ingenious and sophisticated uni (federal) federal uni dat have produced eminent scholar and erudite making waves in d society the md of shell mr. Sunmonu a product of unilag, md of chevron engr femi odumagbo unilag product including his fellow superior mr deji haastrup UI product d highest paid CEO in nigeria ceo of stanbicibtc is a product of UI jonathan d president Uniport product soludo, and emefiele product of great unn hw many eminent scholars and eggheads has private universities produced u see students of federal uni embarking on significant projects in deir finals how many private uni done or embarked on most of d lecturers teaching dem are from federal uni so wats dis assertion or debate. About federal and private dichotomy all dese assertion are trivial and petty assertion most of d students in private uni are spoon fed are pampered and treated like puppet. Access bank and so many comapnies doesnot employ or integrate private university student because most of dem are unrefined, unsophisticated and not dexterous or prowess.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by pacharles1(m): 11:23am On Jul 20, 2016
SamConquer:
Like seriously this Shiit ain't funny anymore.Should I call it inferiority complex or what on the part of this public student.why do some Moderator bring topics that are stupid in its entirety to the frontpage.Look at how the topic generalize all private universities.you are here ranting about exposure and all shitt.what is your business if church owned school decides to put some level of restraint to freedom due to how the society is.now let's talk about My school which is not a church-owned-school,guy if you are looking for that your so called "exposure" come to Igbenidion university and you would be tired of "exposure".I am a proud student of Igbenidion university come rain come shine.You think is to be in overcrowded class,few chairs,no Fans,Lecturers come once in a week thereby becoming half baked is your own definiton of "Exposure"the plain truth about most FEDERAL UNI STUDENT is that they are halfbaked but they hide under the umbrella of this already created Impression of been brilliant I come across some federal uni student,there spoken and even written english makes me vomit.KEEP DECEIVING YOURSELVES.don't try to mould yourself and think cause you are in a federal uni which is not among 2000 in the world after decade of exsistence will do the magic. NB:Money that private uni student pay is not your Fathers Money.
bro.. abeg no vex, my younger brother wants get into igbenidion.. I need to ask questions. 08036960369
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by boringdraw: 7:19pm On Aug 21, 2021

Rubbish.

I'm a proud graduate of a private university and I am as good as (better, even, than) my contemporaries from government-owned schools.
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by danielapi: 2:48am On Aug 31, 2021
Private schools are shit holes , fake spiritual leaders , stupid student Pastor and fake education , i attended one so believe me
Re: 6 Reasons You Shouldn’t Attend A Private University by InvestOnCrypto(m): 8:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
koyyes:

You've not been to BIU. Ask those who have been there. BIU is the last place to learn morals.
you're obviously wrong.
I graduated from BIU and I never came across bad friends in school.
Anyway hope you won't mind us communicating?
Kindly drop your WhatsApp number let's Communicate

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Lady Mocked By Her Friends Who Graduated Before Her, 2 Years Later This Happened / How We Are Punished In Nigerian Secondary & Primary Schools (Photos) / NUC Lists Universities Approved For Postgraduate Programmes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.