Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,889 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” (45201 Views)

EU Ban On Nigerian Food Exports / FG Plans To Ban Fertiliser Importation / FG Set To End Importation Of Processed Tomato Paste (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Saheed9: 6:06pm On Sep 09, 2014
They want to render a lot of people jobless
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by OchukoisBlack(m): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ban CORRUPTION not KPOMO!!!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by holluwai(m): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
Make government leave story oh. Ponmon wey I just chop finish na!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by afangide(m): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2014
Must it be banned? Why not come up and buy it at higher rate than the market women and go make your dollars. Naija and the word ban.

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by herald9: 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2014
FrancisTony:

Charly, you still alive?. cheesy
U bin wan kee me So u can carry NL rule alone?

e no work!
(

how far...u still dey drink ur BoBo? cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Dreyl(m): 6:10pm On Sep 09, 2014
they are just joking though.undecided
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
woodcook: I remember a class mate of mine from Ethiopia asking me if it is true we eat shoes and belts in Nigeria, that someone told him we eat hides in Naija.

Apart from the fact that "ponmon" is cheap, any nutritional value?

grin grin grin
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by JuanDeDios: 6:12pm On Sep 09, 2014
Obiagelli: Heard this 2yrs ago. Ban the damn thing already. We should be producing and exporting leather instead of eating kpomo that has been smoked with burning tyres.
I too want us to produce leather but this is a bad idea.

In a market economy, demand, supply and prices interact to balance out the market. If there are functional tanneries collecting skins and offering good money, the farmers would rather sell to them than roast it for pomo - a kid of six would know this. This would create scarcity and the price of pomo would go up and those who insist on eating the the stuff would still have it but would have to pay more. When this happens fewer people would be eating pomo. Nobody offered the farmers "dollars" and they insisted on roasting the stuff for pittance. I think this is another poorly thought out policy by a government that has not brought in the tanneries and dollars but wants to institute a ban first.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Orina(m): 6:13pm On Sep 09, 2014
Obiagelli: Heard this 2yrs ago. Ban the damn thing already. We should be producing and exporting leather instead of eating kpomo that has been smoked with burning tyres.
kpomo 101?
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by litetias(m): 6:14pm On Sep 09, 2014
That's my best meat ooo. No play go there ooo
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by yungchop: 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Lol...you use fried fish.
fried fish can never be as . . . . . . . Kponmo! Am still looking for the word to fill that space!! grin
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by MymothersKeeper(f): 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
in abuja they call it Poms grin bye bye Poms grin cool
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Worksunlimited: 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
This people arent nice.. E be like say this minister of agriculture never take iya calabar hot assorted meat peppersoup; with pomo doing breast stroke and backstroke insyd and lacing it with cold fresh palmwine wey dey foam proper before...

If he had.. He wouldnt have thought of this blunder of his..

*sipping my cold fresh palmwiine*

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
I wrote a post on this sometimes last year and people opposed me,its good its now from FG.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 09, 2014
Ban wetin? Una chop winch? The ponmo wey I carry come Canada here, war no fit destroy am. Wey I still dey think say, if e finish, I go tell my mama to catapult some again.. angry

If una ban am, na my curse go kill una! angry

#TeamPonmo

3 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 09, 2014
if na joke abeg stop am! grin
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2014
iterator25: my people, the end of ponmo consumption is nigh ..
It can never be possible , walahi ..... I will personally head to National Assembly and I know that plenty senators who dey lem kponmo everynight will hear me out and Association of kpomo eaters shall defeat such yeye ban !

Minister of agriculture is not well !
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by litetias(m): 6:21pm On Sep 09, 2014
pDude:

You failed woefully in your attempt at humor. cry
Chai this guy that you finish so diaris...
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 09, 2014
priscaoge:
Lolcheesycheesy...Babe dem get diff taste naagringrin. That means I will stick to Ugba n Okporokogringrin
Na your choice na, okporoko dey expensive and it gives me headache @times...hahaha

Lol @yungchop...true talk but we just have to manage it sha.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
herald9:
U bin wan kee me So u can carry NL rule alone?

e no work!
(

how far...u still dey drink ur BoBo? cheesy

Hehee. Kill you ke? grin

Nairaland has been boring of late. cool

ermm, I don upgrade from Bobo to Viju milk. smiley
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
I laugh with full mouth of Kponmo .... I don't think you know Nigerians can start revolution because of Kponmo ......

You people wanto start war that is bigger than BokoHaram !
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by litetias(m): 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2014
nuttyhnic: Don't know why people eat this stuff
Because it is not bad for your heart or make you fat like red meat does. Duh?

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Sike(m): 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2014
They dare not!
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
Orina:
kpomo 101?
cheesy cheesy
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 09, 2014
donroxy: I laugh with full mouth of Kponmo .... I don't think you know Nigerians can start revolution because of Kponmo ......

You people wanto start war that is bigger than BokoHaram !
cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Ryabcool(m): 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2014
heys! na where me and Jona go fight be this o! If he try am ehn, i go infiltrate that him aso rock and put cyanide for him food! idiat! angry angry angry
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:30pm On Sep 09, 2014
PointB: Great idea.

Pommo have little or no nutritional value.
It is a lie , it is only kponmo that is not soaked in soup that will have no nutritional value ..... There is this kponmo tagged ''karibiti mumi ata yo'' roughly translated as ''curly-curled kponmo extremely nourished in nutritious soup'' .... That one has incomparable nutrients in which your brain,eyes and whole body system will clear ....
Kponmo alata (Pepper soaked Kponmo) will remove any form of blockages in your gullet and nostrils !!

Must we do everything Oyinbo do .... If Oyinbo were the one that Originate Kponmo , we will duly follow suit .... Abeg o !

5 Likes

Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 09, 2014
JuanDeDios:

In a market economy, demand, supply and prices interact to balance out the market. If there are functional tanneries collecting skins and offering good money, the farmers would rather sell to them than roast it for pomo - a kid of six would know this. This would create scarcity and the price of pomo would go up and those who insist on eating the the stuff would still have it but would have to pay more. When this happens fewer people would be eating pomo. Nobody offered the farmers "dollars" and they insisted on roasting the stuff for pittance. I think this is another poorly thought out policy by a government that has not brought in the tanneries and dollars but wants to institute a ban first.
Absolutely agree with you, this has always been my problem with this government.
Like i said i heard this 2yrs ago and i would want ti believe they have put measures in place (again i never believe anything Fg) i won't be surprised if in 2yrs time, this story of fg plans to ban comes up again.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by priscaoge(f): 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
Na your choice na, okporoko dey expensive and it gives me headache @times...hahaha

Lol @yungchop...true talk but we just have to manage it sha.

gringrin Babe I de like chop Okporoko+Ugba agworo wellagrin..Owerri peeps sabi prepare that thing ooo,the okporoko(Cord) is always soft n delicious,tho expensive.
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by salomycruz: 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
haaa kilode ponmo is the cheapest tin i can buy on my food at lekki 1....
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
kennygee: World War 3 go happen be that.

Na poor man chicken meat dem dey carry play abi?
I don't even know the kinda people that attended Adesina's lecture on Ban of Kponmo, I would advise him there not to try am ........ Nigerians especially SouthWest shall revolt ..!!

Sensitivity of people should be considered before such of Joke of 2014 !
Re: FG Set To Ban Hides And Skin “ponmon” by Nobody: 6:34pm On Sep 09, 2014
JuanDeDios:

At least some people are using their common sense as opposed those screaming about its nutritional value.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

A Nigerian Farmer Displays His Harvested Cassava From His Farm, Hails Buhari / My Poultry Feed Formulation Experiment On Broilers. / My Goat Gave Birth To A Premature Kid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.