Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

On Male Chauvinism - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / On Male Chauvinism (4782 Views)

Facebook: Why Don't The Females Comment On Male Pictures Like The Guys Do / Why Is It Very Rare To Find Likes On Male Pictures On Nairaland / Does Chauvinism Generate Successful And Happy Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
Cashio:
bros no vex oo..but e get as de tin dey be wen pesin come quote de whole article wen op don type finish make we con start afresh de read am again....

Didnt understand a word
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Cashio(m): 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2014
voodoo85:

Didnt understand a word
read again. this time with ur phone inverted, it's language changed to latin and with ur googles on while sitting atop the roof of ur home. and ensure to remove ur phone's battery immediately u have understood it else u forget again and will have to restart the whole rigorous exercise frm afresh...cheers
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 11:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
The truth is...when you make a valid and interesting point, no one looks at your gender. In all of the places i've worked, there was never a time when women were not allowed to talk or looked down upon for their contribution. So i don't know where people get all these kind of ideas from. Or is someone getting paranoid? Again i say that if an opinion is insightful and shows a way forward, no one no one takes note of the department it is coming from. It is very much like racism. If you can be on top, people forget you are a black, indian or mongoloid.

1 Like

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
voodoo85:

I can tell a lot of reasons why this is happening. In US, black girls r taking power more and more often, because staying at school and taking high job positions, while black males r scratching their balls in a street with a gun. And than boys r very surprised how female doesnt want them. What am trying to say everywhere situation is changing and women slowly but ensured going up. In europe theres still underspay problem but we see more and more women in politics and big businesses. It will come time to your country someday as well smiley) not so sure it will be soon because of ppl attitudes and cultural understandings

there is an underpay system in Europe? It means Europe has got to catch up with us! As for the Black boys droping out of school, why is that? what is being done about it or we don't see that as a problem?
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 01, 2014
craziebone:

there is an underpay system in Europe? It means Europe has got to catch up with us! As for the Black boys droping out of school, why is that? what is being done about it or we don't see that as a problem?

Dont see the point commenting on this. Questions doesnt make sense
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 10:06am On Nov 01, 2014
Cashio:
read again. this time with ur phone inverted, it's language changed to latin and with ur googles on while sitting atop the roof of ur home. and ensure to remove ur phone's battery immediately u have understood it else u forget again and will have to restart the whole rigorous exercise frm afresh...cheers
Uhhhhh so pissed off that i dont understand your piggin scribble smiley)))))) made my day. So self centred. Grow up and start using language the white person taught u wink)))))
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 01, 2014
Cashio:

Checked your profile picsmiley)))) made my day again smiley)))) no surprise, u reacting like this, ugly boy
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Cashio(m): 10:43am On Nov 01, 2014
voodoo85:

Checked your profile picsmiley)))) made my day again smiley)))) no surprise, u reacting like this, ugly boy
now u are hating. buh on a more serious note, can u kindly remind me of the white person that taught me english...lest i forget, checked ur own pix and it couldn't make my own day cos u were not looking bettet either
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 01, 2014
Cashio:
now u are hating. buh on a more serious note, can u kindly remind me of the white person that taught me english...lest i forget, checked ur own pix and it couldn't make my own day cos u were not looking bettet either

It was rhetorical, daaaaah. No hate what so ever. Do i know u? Its jst facts smiley)))
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Cashio(m): 12:26pm On Nov 01, 2014
voodoo85:

It was rhetorical, daaaaah. No hate what so ever. Do i know u? Its jst facts smiley)))
owk no qualms. if u had understood my first quote, u would have known that i was only being sarcastic...well what i meant was that u needn't have made us re-read the op's initial long post by quoting all that she posted jst to ask which country is this.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 1:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
Cashio:
owk no qualms. if u had understood my first quote, u would have known that i was only being sarcastic...well what i meant was that u needn't have made us re-read the op's initial long post by quoting all that she posted jst to ask which country is this.

Ok great, understood, boring, who cares, yawn
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 1:29pm On Nov 01, 2014
lirusehn:

Nobody is treating them that way, they are treating themselves that way. undecided

You r pretty rite. If women become more independent from men, especially financially in nigeria, am.sure situation would change.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Cashio(m): 3:43pm On Nov 01, 2014
voodoo85:

Ok great, understood, boring, who cares, yawn
i've got some alomo and meat pie if u dnt mind
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 5:33pm On Nov 01, 2014
voodoo85:

Dont see the point commenting on this. Questions doesnt make sense

a thing doesn't make sense only if the information and facts a presented in a way that there is no coherence whatsoever and where ever.

Questions that do not make sense are those questions that logically, do not seek for informations without which, there is a gap such that comprehension is difficult or impossible. But if my questions seek information...information that when lacking in your post, paints a not too vivid picture such that a full comprehension of realities on ground is impossible, then my questions are actually sensible questions!

I think that which you call a nonsense question is that question which when answered correctly exposes the falsehood and deception in your thought process. It exposes your fears and intimidation when we talk about men matters.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 01, 2014
Lol at some people who think they have a god-given right to attack their fellow black american man when infact, their black american men are the reasons for opportunites the "independent black woman" enjoys today.

When your ethnic group was being subjugated, where were the "independent STRONG black women"? I agree there were some strong black women in the civil rights movement back in the 60s and 70s, but majority of the people that fought for black right to vote were who? All the benefits the "independent strong black woman" is getting today was fought for by who? All of the quota system that has helped these women to become "strong and independent and educated" was made possible by who's blood? I remember Malcom X and martin Luther King Jr being murdered. I still recall WEB bois and Marcus Garvey and a whole lot more.

It is the effort and the blood of the black man, who "scratches his balls with a gun" as you put it, that has won you "independent, strong black woman" all of the glory and bragging right you have today.

If anything, the black american ethnic group's history has shown to us how important the man is in the security and self esteem of a group. Tell me... Since your black american men were cut out of the pic, what progress has the black american ethnic group made? We have so-called "independent strong black women in high places in american society today but how has that helped the group? What self esteem has that won the AAs as an ethnic group? You are "strong", "independent" and educated today how has that helped your esteem as a people? Think about that.

In all of the animal kingdom, the survival of a group has always been dependent on the male. I wonder why some deluded people feel they can develop an arrogant attitude towards their male?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 01, 2014
craziebone:

a thing doesn't make sense only if the information and facts a presented in a way that there is no coherence whatsoever and where ever.

Questions that do not make sense are those questions that logically, do not seek for informations without which, there is a gap such that comprehension is difficult or impossible. But if my questions seek information...information that when lacking in your post, paints a not too vivid picture such that a full comprehension of realities on ground is impossible, then my questions are actually sensible questions!

I think that which you call a nonsense question is that question which when answered correctly exposes the falsehood and deception in your thought process. It exposes your fears and intimidation when we talk about men matters.

I havent read this your .. Get a life
Re: On Male Chauvinism by RoyalPriesthuud(m): 2:05am On Dec 17, 2014
If u've followed this thread all d way to dis place, u prolly ave been wondering about 'voodoo' *tin*. I don't really wanna derail the thread but sorry OP, my 'detective' love won't let me.....assuming I'm a DSS agent, I'd prolly ave done some background checks, lol.

Make una dey watch am so, if tht *voodoo* tin ever check bak, watch im rxn, u na go get wetin I dey talk.

My words r wavy but re-read nd u'r gonna get wat am saying.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Frankenstein: 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
I rep the modern male chauvinism... placing women where they belong. Upholding positive gender norms.

The thing is... men and women can never have equal rights. Not because men are domineering but cos most women would rather stick to gender roles.

1 Like

Re: On Male Chauvinism by killjoy(m): 11:34am On Dec 29, 2014
Richiy:
In my somewhat young life, I have been opportuned several times to serve in various committees and boards in different capacities. Most times, I have either been the only female representative or one of the few female representatives of such committees or boards.
I have noticed, over time, that men do not mostly appreciate the contributions of women in strong matters except it is related to social, food or entertainment. The context of not appreciating here does not mean shouting down at the ladies or sharply hushing them up. No. Of course, we are in the 21st century and ladies should not be treated that way. Rather, what they do in their “presumed” effort to recognize the female folks is to subtly pretend to listen, or ignore their comments totally. The expression on their faces would read “Sweety, we have heard you, can we move on please? Thanks love.”

They see women as not capable to think up world changing ideas. They see women as not able to make valid inputs to decisions. So, they go ahead to patronize them, so they can remain calm and be on their side. Let your presence be seen but its effects not be felt.
Now, I realize that true to the popular male assertions, some female folks can appear vain, shallow and uninformed (some men are that way too). This assertion should in no way be generalized both amongst males and females especially with males since they are more guilty of this offense.

I am not a feminist in any way. I am not advocating that females be placed above males. No. All I ask is that both men and women respect each other based on what we have to offer. Our brains may be wired differently, our emotional levels may vary, but everybody has something to offer, females inclusive, and we all should be heard.

Though all my experiences are based on my university experience, I am sure the situation is not much different outside the university.

So, gentlemen, let us respect those ladies that work with us, give them the chance to speak and listen attentively. And ladies, let us try as much as we can to develop ourselves mentally so when we are in sensitive positions, our opinions would actually make so much sense that we cannot be ignored.

#peace.

you want us to change... then give us a reason to

plus when it comes to respect you want it equally with the men but when it comes to financial responsibilities then we hear the century old cliche but you are the guy naaa

2 Likes

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2014
killjoy:

you want us to change... then give us a reason to

plus when it comes to respect you want it equally with the men but when it comes to financial responsibilities then we hear the century old cliche but you are the guy naaa

Nobody z talking finance here because I have a very different opinion about that.

And please don't change, till the day you meet your match. Then you would be shut up.
Re: On Male Chauvinism by killjoy(m): 6:48pm On Dec 29, 2014
Richiy:

Nobody z talking finance here because I have a very different opinion about that.

And please don't change, till the day you meet your match. Then you would be shut up.

a girl wit a difrent opinion about finance?? hehehehe Dats wot d white man calls an oxymoron.

btw, y r u agitated?? striking chords of truth I guess. its all good my dear. no one is criticizing u or ur fellow galz for being lesser degree of creation. take it easy my dear. we r friends not enemiz

1 Like

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Nobody: 4:26am On Mar 19, 2015
Half of the world's population is belongs to women. And as the population gets older, women become plentier. If with this advantage, they can't become the dominant sex, then Bleep them.
In a situation where a male founded the company, a male brought the company to where it is, one female now jumps in with some ideas. . . yeah. Of course they'll ignore her.
If it pains you ladies, start smashing all our records. When more than half of Guinness book belongs to women, we will respect them.
Do you know why men are dominant? Because we don't take shit at all. If someone undermines you, show them. Don't tell. Show. Stop complaining and show us what you've got. angry

But then, even so, we won't respect you. Just because the world would crash if we did. grin grin

1 Like

Re: On Male Chauvinism by MrCork: 4:38am On Mar 19, 2015
Richiy:
In my somewhat young life, I have been opportuned several times to serve in various committees and boards in different capacities. Most times, I have either been the only female representative or one of the few female representatives of such committees or boards.
I have noticed, over time, that men do not mostly appreciate the contributions of women in strong matters except it is related to social, food or entertainment. The context of not appreciating here does not mean shouting down at the ladies or sharply hushing them up. No. Of course, we are in the 21st century and ladies should not be treated that way. Rather, what they do in their “presumed” effort to recognize the female folks is to subtly pretend to listen, or ignore their comments totally. The expression on their faces would read “Sweety, we have heard you, can we move on please? Thanks love.”

They see women as not capable to think up world changing ideas. They see women as not able to make valid inputs to decisions. So, they go ahead to patronize them, so they can remain calm and be on their side. Let your presence be seen but its effects not be felt.
Now, I realize that true to the popular male assertions, some female folks can appear vain, shallow and uninformed (some men are that way too). This assertion should in no way be generalized both amongst males and females especially with males since they are more guilty of this offense.

I am not a feminist in any way. I am not advocating that females be placed above males. No. All I ask is that both men and women respect each other based on what we have to offer. Our brains may be wired differently, our emotional levels may vary, but everybody has something to offer, females inclusive, and we all should be heard.

Though all my experiences are based on my university experience, I am sure the situation is not much different outside the university.

So, gentlemen, let us respect those ladies that work with us, give them the chance to speak and listen attentively. And ladies, let us try as much as we can to develop ourselves mentally so when we are in sensitive positions, our opinions would actually make so much sense that we cannot be ignored.

#peace.

angry
Re: On Male Chauvinism by MrCork: 4:40am On Mar 19, 2015
Richiy:

#peace.

...ok...madam, so u want men to go to markets, wash plates, cook n clean....abi?.....all becuz u want to proof point? (no ofeeinse) angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 11:46pm On Mar 19, 2015
MrCork:

...ok...madam, so u want men to go to markets, wash plates, cook n clean....abi?.....all becuz u want to proof point? (no ofeeinse) angry

MrCork undecided
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Youngpo413: 12:12pm On May 20, 2015
Missmossy:
Its no surprise to hear this,the society we live in has already promoted the male specie and their dominance over the female gender.
Women should go to their kitchen,that's where they belong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On Male Chauvinism by Richiy(f): 9:11am On Jun 07, 2015
Youngpo413:
Women should go to their kitchen,that's where they belong.

You need deliverance
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Gmekx(m): 11:57am On Sep 20, 2015
Richiy:

You're right but our society sees things differently especially in Africa, where women are still the seen as the weaker sex whose job is to stay at home and take care of the family.

I hope most men grow up and start seeing women as equally responsible for our society as they are

#2cents
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Gmekx(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2015
Richiy:

You need deliverance

Please

Tell him again
Re: On Male Chauvinism by Gmekx(m): 11:58am On Sep 20, 2015
Richiy:

You need deliverance

Tell him again
Re: On Male Chauvinism by piousMind(m): 1:14am On Nov 16, 2016

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Men See Me And Then Go Behind Me To Stare At My Butt? / Konji Na Baaaastard / Busty Actress, Ujunwa Mandy Obi Breaks The Internet With Sultry Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.