Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Violence: Again The Double Standards - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence: Again The Double Standards (19103 Views)

Women And Their Double Standards. / The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / House Please Your Thoughts: How Can A Lady Lower Her Standards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 12, 2014
Should there even be an argument over this issue?
No wonder we have disfuntional homes here and there.

Both couple are at fault. U cannot win the war against violence with violence.
Normaly we usually tell ladies whose hubby panel beat them to walk away.
Run for ur life.

So why didn't the guy walk away. Even considering he is a public figure?

We r the hypocrites here!
All these people preaching 'hit em back if he hits u first" are those displaying double standard.

Tomorrow let me see u guys advice a lady to run away from a violent relationship instead of advicing her on how to cut d man's john thomas or kill him or even target him with pestle.

I can't believe what I read here sometimes.

4 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Tymax(m): 7:49am On Sep 12, 2014
MizMyColi:

Certainly not @TheEmboldened.
I do not excuse either of them expressly.
I still maintain that it was really inhumane of him to knock out a human being like that.
That's my stand.

Take for instance, the woman who forced her house help to sit on a burning gas cooker.
For all we know, she might have offended the woman gravely (or so she thought).
Does that in anyway justify the kind of treatment meted on that child, does it?

Both of them should be sorry for their disgraceful acts, but he should be more sorry for reacting to such extent.
The guy is blameless. She got what she asked for. He was pushed to rage and she got served. Don't blame the both of them for the stupidity of that useless woman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by severee(m): 8:25am On Sep 12, 2014
grin i support gender equality so if you hit me i'm gonna kick your teeth in
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Lamborghini(m): 8:40am On Sep 12, 2014
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 8:41am On Sep 12, 2014
AfricanApple: @iwakolewa, how can they report it when they would be ridiculed by their own fellow men, especially in this our father land.

op, u are so right

How you report it is should matter not just reporting like a baby
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by shizzleStar: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2014
Jayne2014: We women want equal rights but can't take equal lefts. She shouldn't have hit him first.
words on marble cheesycheesy

@aisha good thread, very logical and objective as usual

@Danhumprey, that gif so precise and apt in describing the sheddiot you quoted

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Sagamite(m): 9:04am On Sep 12, 2014
aisha2:
All of a sudden everyone is awake and condemning this even president Obama but I didn't hear his voice when solange hit Jay Z.

This is one of the things I hate about this ediot that simpletons would start shouting now and in the future that he is one of the smartest Black men ever.

I have always said I did not have high regards for his intellect. Never seen anything to convince me in that department to have high regards. It is all above average intellect with high-quality presentation those of us far higher in the intellectual totem pole can spot.

I have already hinted this years ago:

https://www.nairaland.com/569143/nominate-most-ignored-posters-year/5#7368254

When Solange attacked Jay-Z (which all shots showed did not get physical in anyway) guess what our feminists and "Real Men" were saying.

"Maybe he was cheating and she stood up for her sister, evident by her sister staying out of it"

"He must have deserved it"

I did not see any single one saying Solange should be banned from music or boycotted for her vicious domestic abuse.

She has not been arrested and charged. She just walks off!

Then if Jay-Z had bitchslapped the murrafcker back, then you will have all hell break lose.

Equality!

EnlightenedSoul, Sixix, Zekkmixes? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by RoyalRoy(m): 9:08am On Sep 12, 2014
Lamborghini: It's a good thing the OP started this thread. You females can read through it and use your senses (if you have any ) and realise that equality you hanker for can never be a reality.

I for one, DO NOT support gender equality and that's why I know to keep my hand to myself if my woman physically attacks me. Whether she provokes me or not is not an excuse to use brute force on her because we are not the same physically and the damage that our physical blows can cause is vastly different.

Now if I was a airhead oestrogen ridden female with zero ability of using common sense, I'd also foolishly join the people chanting the riculous idea of a man retaliating when a woman hits him because "herp derp, we are all equal".

The spam bot sure loves you this morning. Lolllz
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Jayne2014(f): 9:10am On Sep 12, 2014
adrainuche: Whats Ajuju
Question for amadioha!
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Lamborghini(m): 9:17am On Sep 12, 2014
RoyalRoy:
The spam bot sure loves you this morning. Lolllz
Were you the mod that unbanned me? Thanks bro, that was some very quick help you offered this morning.

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Obinoscopy(m): 9:30am On Sep 12, 2014
dayosaurus:
No disrespect but this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard since someone said stealing ain't corruption.. why wouldn't you appreciate that difference and respect his person by not hitting him.. just like the story of Gaza änd isreal.. Hamas would send rockets to isreali territory and isreal retaliates with greater force. When you know you would get more than you bargain for, why hit him and tempt him in the first place undecided
And your reply is the dumbest reply I've ever heard.

My post was this: "A man and a woman are different physically. But intellectually, we're the same." And instead of you to come with facts to puncture my argument you are mentioning Israel and Gaza. What's the correlation between your Israel/Gaza & Stealing/Corruption example with my statement that men and wen are different physically but one and same intellectually?

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by amodaade: 9:34am On Sep 12, 2014
If you pick a fight, be sure u will be able to win it.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by dayosaurus(m): 10:29am On Sep 12, 2014
Obinoscopy: And your reply is the dumbest reply I've ever heard.

My post was this: "A man and a woman are different physically. But intellectually, we're the same." And instead of you to come with facts to puncture my argument you are mentioning Israel and Gaza. What's the correlation between your Israel/Gaza & Stealing/Corruption example with my statement that men and wen are different physically but one and same intellectually?

It's no fault of mine if you could not get the plot in my reply, if we are the same intellectually like you claim? , why isn't their intellect warning them of the impending disaster when they hit a man.. why hit a man in the first place??.. any sane human with functioning brains would never hit another human.

Why did you turn a blind eye to the other statements I made?. 'why would you wanna tempt someone when you know you would get more than you bargain for? If you intellectually sound. Our physical differences is by choice, a woman can decide to be twice as strong as the average man out there and even possess deadlier punch. It's a choice.. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by dayosaurus(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2014
More semen to your balls for this..

Sagamite:

This is one of the things I hate about this ediot that simpletons would start shouting now and in the future that he is one of the smartest Black men ever.

I have always said I did not have high regards for his intellect. Never seen anything to convince me in that department to have high regards. It is all above average intellect with high-quality presentation those of us far higher in the intellectual totem pole can spot.

When Solange attacked Jay-Z (which all shots showed did not get physical in anyway) guess what our feminists and "Real Men" were saying.

"Maybe he was cheating and she stood up for her sister, evident by her sister staying out of it"

I did not see any single one saying Solange should be banned from music or boycotted for her vicious domestic abuse.

Then if Jay-Z had bitchslapped the murrafcker back, then you will have all hell break lose.

Equality!

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by smudge2079(m): 10:43am On Sep 12, 2014
dats d kind of world we find ourselves, d female are always d victim, it is neva deir fault. mtchewwwwwww
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Obinoscopy(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2014
dayosaurus:

It's no fault of mine if you could not get the plot in my reply
When building up a case or an argument or a retort, you don't just stop at the plot. You've got to build on your plot/premise and make your point.

If we are the same intellectually like you claim? , why isn't their intellect warning them of the impending disaster when they hit a man.. why hit a man in the first place??.. any sane human with functioning brains would never hit another human.
Yes we are the same intellectually, quote me anywhere.

Now your premise is that a person with intellect should know that there are consequences for every action he/she takes. I'm not challenging you on that.

I'm not challenging you because your premise/plot is irrelevant wrt to my statement that men and women are intellectually the same.

Note the relativism in my statement. I never said that the women are more intelligent. Heck, I never even implied that our ladies are intelligent. All I said was that both men and women are equal on the intellectual scale.

I've seen men who hit their fellow men. If they were intellectually sound, why did they hit their fellow man......knowing fully well that there will be consequences? Meditate on that.

Why did you turn a blind eye to the other statements I made?. 'why would you wanna tempt someone when you know you would get more than you bargain for? If you intellectually sound.
I never exempted the lady of any blame. She's wrong to have gone physical on the man. So I don't know why you mentioned it in the first place when you replied me.

Our physical differences is by choice, a woman can decide to be twice as strong as the average man out there and even possess deadlier punch. It's a choice.. undecided
I still maintain that an average man is stronger than the average woman physically, however there are few exceptions. For instance, a female soldier or a female boxer. If Mohammed Ali's daughter is being punched by her boyfriend (let's assume he's petit), she's not supposed to retaliate back cos it could be disastrous. But how many female Ali's do we have? Just a handful.

Thus the fact remains that the men are stronger physically and should not engage a female counterpart in a physical fight. But intellectually, they are the same. Thus a man can take up his female counterpart in an intellectual battle.

4 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by snazzylove: 11:11am On Sep 12, 2014
Chaii! Where I have been all the while Have really missed a lot angry
How do I catch up now cry cry
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by RoyalRoy(m): 11:15am On Sep 12, 2014
Lamborghini: Were you the mod that unbanned me? Thanks bro, that was some very quick help you offered this morning.

You are welcome.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by dayosaurus(m): 11:23am On Sep 12, 2014
I'm glad you replied in this manner.. you've earned my respect.. but I still maintain that it's a choice ladies have to make. A very good example is my sister. She is easy going n rarely makes trouble. But the day a boyfriend of hers punched her in the face, the guy left with broken ribs. AND no objects were used. IT'S A CHOICE cool
Obinoscopy: When building up a case or an argument or a retort, you don't just stop at the plot. You've got to build on your plot/premise and make your point.

Now your premise is that a person with intellect should know that there are consequences for every action he/she takes. I'm not challenging you on that.

I'm not challenging you because your premise/plot is irrelevant wrt to my statement that men and women are intellectually the same.

Note the relativism in my statement. I never said that the women are more intelligent. Heck, I never even implied that our ladies are intelligent. All I said was that both men and women are equal on the intellectual scale.

I've seen men who hit their fellow men. If they were intellectually sound, why did they hit their fellow man......knowing fully well that there will be consequences? Meditate on that.

I never exempted the lady of any blame. She's wrong to have gone physical on the man. So I don't know why you mentioned it in the first place when you replied me.

I still maintain that an average man is stronger than the average woman physically, however there are few exceptions. For instance, a female soldier or a female boxer. If Mohammed Ali's daughter is being punched by her boyfriend (let's assume he's petit), she's not supposed to retaliate back cos it could be disastrous. But how many female Ali's do we have? Just a handful.

Thus the fact remains that the men are stronger physically and should not engage a female counterpart in a physical fight. But intellectually, they are the same. Thus a man can take up his female counterpart in an intellectual battle.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by adahib: 11:26am On Sep 12, 2014
I still don't get the argument here. while I don't support violence by anyone,suffice it to say that the lady got exactly what she deserved. For all those blaming the man,can I ask a simple question? Was the lady fully aware that the man was physically stronger before she attacked him? If yes,why then will she assume that his response will carry the same force as hers.

Let's look at a scenerio. A person attacks me with a knife when he's fully aware that I have a gun. I shoot him in self-defense. Will that be a crime? Will I be guilty of lack of self-control?

Before we attack anybody let's assume that the person will fight back. That way,we'll be more careful.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 12, 2014
logica: Apparently you speak of men in your family. Or you want to tell us you feel men trying to slap you on Nairaland? (Though rightly, I guess some responses on here must feel like heavy slaps on your face. grin) Is your imagination that active or is it some form of schizophrenia?

Did not know I was responding to a door knob. Done with ya!
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 12, 2014
moca: Should there even be an argument over this issue?
No wonder we have disfuntional homes here and there.

Both couple are at fault. U cannot win the war against violence with violence.
Normaly we usually tell ladies whose hubby panel beat them to walk away.
Run for ur life.

So why didn't the guy walk away. Even considering he is a public figure?

We r the hypocrites here!
All these people preaching 'hit em back if he hits u first" are those displaying double standard.

Tomorrow let me see u guys advice a lady to run away from a violent relationship instead of advicing her on how to cut d man's john thomas or kill him or even target him with pestle.

I can't believe what I read here sometimes.

you are still believing in this wwebsite cheesy. You go fear believe na.
relax dear, sometimes you dont need to read the junks, learn to filter the junks before you start reasoning like them.
okokobioko grin
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 12, 2014
BluIvy:

Did not know I was responding to a door knob. Done with ya!

you are just realizing grin

you will soon encounter another door knob. dem plenty wella here

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 12, 2014
dayosaurus: cheesy cheesy cheesy thought you don't revenge

trust me, the revenge i will give to you is to make sure you get a room mate that you will constanctly pick up the soap for. cheesy

i just have to buy the diapers
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by snazzylove: 12:12pm On Sep 12, 2014
Just like most people have pointed out on this thread, IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET HIT, DON'T HIT FIRST.
In as much as I do not support violence of any kind irrespective of the gender, I think his punch/blow, whatever came down too hard on her, but then again I don't think he did that purposely to knock her off, she on the other hand was not womanly at all, its unlady like to pull such stunt on a guy, am sure if it was just a slap, maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't have hit her.
However for them to exhibit that in the elevator, shows that violence (both physical and verbal) is part of their r/ship IMO.
Violence should be discouraged, my momma used to stay that he/she that brought ant infested wood to the house equally invites lizards home.
IMO. Same punishment should be meted out to both gender when it is established that one party abuses the other, its high time ladies should stop being mean and start behaving like the ladies that we truly are, not after starting a fight you turn around and claim to be a woman, but when you were 'punching' you totally forgot that you are a woman and should be more calm and gentle in your approach with the male folk.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 12, 2014
Chillisauce:

you are still believing in this wwebsite cheesy. You go fear believe na.
relax dear, sometimes you dont need to read the junks, learn to filter the junks before you start reasoning like them.
okokobioko grin

Nne, u r right.
Very right. That's why I stopped comenting on some threads and join d merry go round crew.

If I arm myself with d advice I see here, my family would hv been on fire.
People need to go and study the psychology of family. Very important.

*abeg, how family?* kiss

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 12, 2014
Obinoscopy: When building up a case or an argument or a retort, you don't just stop at the plot. You've got to build on your plot/premise and make your point.

Thus the fact remains that the men are stronger physically and should not engage a female counterpart in a physical fight. But intellectually, they are the same. Thus a man can take up his female counterpart in an intellectual
battle.

Well said, thank you!
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 12:29pm On Sep 12, 2014
Concussion:

1. Gender equity is here to stay and advances by seconds so deal with it, for your own sake.

2. Beat a woman but be prepared to loose somehow ( Jail & Or loose your means of livelihood ) especially in other countries where these laws are protected and enforced with passion .

3. Violence does not pay, no one wins. Walk away!

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by coogar: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2014
adahib: I still don't get the argument here. while I don't support violence by anyone,suffice it to say that the lady got exactly what she deserved. For all those blaming the man,can I ask a simple question? Was the lady fully aware that the man was physically stronger before she attacked him? If yes,why then will she assume that his response will carry the same force as hers.

Let's look at a scenerio. A person attacks me with a knife when he's fully aware that I have a gun. I shoot him in self-defense. Will that be a crime? Will I be guilty of lack of self-control?

Before we attack anybody let's assume that the person will fight back. That way,we'll be more careful.

of course not!
she was blind - ladies are generally blind when they are drawing the first blood. they simply do not see that the person they are hitting is more physically-built than their petit self. grin

5 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 12, 2014
Lamborghini: It's a good thing the OP started this thread. You females can read through it and use your senses (if you have any ) and realise that equality you hanker for can never be a reality.

I for one, DO NOT support gender equality and that's why I know to keep my hand to myself if my woman physically attacks me. Whether she provokes me or not is not an excuse to use brute force on her because we are not the same physically and the damage that our physical blows can cause is vastly different.

Now if I was a airhead oestrogen ridden female with zero ability of using common sense, I'd also foolishly join the people chanting the riculous idea of a man retaliating when a woman hits him because "herp derp, we are all equal".

dont pretend your arguement is based on common sense. It actually has feminism writen all over it. If a small boy slaps an older boy and the older boy retaliates, you are not going to make this arguement, would you? I believe you will blame the smaller boy, right?
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by adahib: 12:56pm On Sep 12, 2014
coogar:

of course not!
she was blind - ladies are generally blind when they are drawing the first blood. they simply do not see that the person they are hitting is more physically-built than their petit self. grin

Don't mind them...
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Zekkmixes(f): 12:59pm On Sep 12, 2014
Sagamite:

Equality!

Did you miss me schnukums? grin this is the eleventh time you're calling me in 2days tongue......please next time just mention only me instead of writing a list of people you don't actually want to talk to @topic,I don't do feminist arguments anymore I have decided to become a misorginist because of you, Sagamite.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Sending Money To Parents Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.