Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,061 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Violence: Again The Double Standards - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Violence: Again The Double Standards (19104 Views)

Women And Their Double Standards. / The Good Wife By Nigeria Standards (pic) / House Please Your Thoughts: How Can A Lady Lower Her Standards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by logica(m): 3:44pm On Sep 12, 2014
BluIvy:

Did not know I was responding to a door knob. Done with ya!
It's telling on your intelligence or should we say, "state of mind" when you hold discussions with doorknobs.

3 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by logica(m): 3:48pm On Sep 12, 2014
Chillisauce:

you will soon encounter another door knob.
Your FATHER, by any chance?

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by logica(m): 3:49pm On Sep 12, 2014
BluIvy: Concussion:
LOL. No be only concussion, na blow to the head. Or maybe that's the reason behind your condition? Speaking of doorknobs.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by MenGoingThereWay: 5:26pm On Sep 12, 2014
Edykul: The OP is so right.It takes a well principled man not to hit back at the woman when he finds himself in such situation.
It also takes a well principled woman to know that she isn't suppose to hit a man.

-MenGoingThereWay

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by ladej(m): 6:24pm On Sep 12, 2014
zeb04: okay.when I say defense in these context, am talking abt a physical one And u don't disfigure someone and call it defense wen I can see no bodily marks on u(I didn't finish watching the video so I don't know if he had same injuries like she had)

Aisha2 I don't know how the law works BT am pretty sure the judge won't rule that out as self-defense. They were just "two fighting" and shld be punished and if I we're in a position to handle that, he wild get the bigger punishment
PARK WELL ABEG. DEM DEY ADVISE YOU BUT YOU REMAIN LIKE JOSEPHINE THE STUBBORN GOAT. SHA.....NA YOU KNOW !
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by adrainuche(m): 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2014
Jayne2014:
Question for amadioha!
Aiit
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by WanaG(m): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2014
God bless you. Wise words.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Tobbie9(m): 1:53am On Sep 13, 2014
Men are put at an obvious disadvantage in these so called advanced countries, if he didn't hit back he would still have been mocked, even in divorce the woman gets preference whether she caused it or not. Females literally eat their cake and have it in that part of d world
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Sagamite(m): 2:47am On Sep 13, 2014
Zekkmixes: Did you miss me schnukums? grin this is the eleventh time you're calling me in 2days tongue......please next time just mention only me instead of writing a list of people you don't actually want to talk to @topic,I don't do feminist arguments anymore I have decided to become a misorginist because of you, Sagamite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jig9NwXjl_k

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Zekkmixes(f): 8:27am On Sep 13, 2014
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Sparklesebony: 11:07am On Sep 13, 2014
BABE3:

What are you talking about? In which part of the planet s this true?

Oscar postorious is about to walk free and his girlfriend didn't even attack him. cheesy grin

Don't know about Oscar and his late gf. All i am saying is:Just because you were slapped, is not enough reason to disable or murder the person.

You will definitely go to jail on planet Earth. Don't know d one you mirgrated from.

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by bukatyne(f): 1:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
Obinoscopy: Aisha2, I love your objectivity, logical and intellectual display. How I wish every female folk gets to read this thread.

However, I pray this post of yours don't influence our fellow guys to resort to tit-for-tat when they find themselves in that situation. This is because the ultimate result could be disastrous.

The guys were designed to be stronger physically. A guy's slap has twice as much impact when compared with a female's slap. Thus it would be unfair for a guy to slap back.

Let me use an example: If a little boy hits a soldier with his wooden stick, do you expect the soldier to return the favour with his steel sword? No.

So guys should learn to resist the urge to hit a lady when she hits him. However if a lady carries a weapon with the intent of harming a guy, then he's permitted to act and anything wey she see make she take am like that grin.

And for the ladies, please let's not tempt our guys. Abuse him, criticise him, correct him, curse him if you like but please don't hit him. It takes more than gentility for a guy who's slapped not to want to strike back.

I agree very much with your post.

There is something yorubas call aseju

Imagine A & B fighting: A gives B a dirty slap and B shoots A, I doubt B will walk free even if A slapped first.

This is the point some misunderstood posters are trying to make.

If a woman hits a man, is he free to hit back? yes if he wants to. Does he have the licence to injure? let the courts decide.

On a lighter note, if a man hits a woman, should she hit him back?

P.S.: I did not watch the clip in question and cannot comment on it.

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 4:11pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sparklesebony:

Don't know about Oscar and his late gf. All i am saying is:Just because you were slapped, is not enough reason to disable or murder the person.

You will definitely go to jail on planet Earth. Don't know d one you mirgrated from.

If the intent wasn't to disable or murder, if it's self defense/ out of anger, you'll walk free with a good lawyer in a sane country. I can post tens and hundreds of court cases supporting my point. Should I?

Like I said, oscar's gf didn't even slap him and he's likely to get the minimum sentence for what he's charged for (pay a fine, or probation).

If you punch me, and I throw two punches back and you die, I won't go to prison with a good lawyer. My intent wasn't to kill you, but you died, so how's that my fault?

I know in NIgeria, the person with the least amount of injuries is always at fault. grin
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 6:28pm On Sep 13, 2014
Sagamite:

This is one of the things I hate about this ediot that simpletons would start shouting now and in the future that he is one of the smartest Black men ever.

I have always said I did not have high regards for his intellect. Never seen anything to convince me in that department to have high regards. It is all above average intellect with high-quality presentation those of us far higher in the intellectual totem pole can spot.

I have already hinted this years ago:

https://www.nairaland.com/569143/nominate-most-ignored-posters-year/5#7368254

When Solange attacked Jay-Z (which all shots showed did not get physical in anyway) guess what our feminists and "Real Men" were saying.

"Maybe he was cheating and she stood up for her sister, evident by her sister staying out of it"

"He must have deserved it"

I did not see any single one saying Solange should be banned from music or boycotted for her vicious domestic abuse.

She has not been arrested and charged. She just walks off!

Then if Jay-Z had bitchslapped the murrafcker back, then you will have all hell break lose.

Equality!

EnlightenedSoul ...................? undecided

Here's what Obama said:

"Hitting a woman is not something a 'real man' does, and that's true whether or not an act of violence happens in the public eye, or, far too often, behind closed doors. Stopping domestic violence is something that's bigger than football, and all of us have a responsibility to put a stop to it."

Of all the things I could criticize Obama on (and believe me I can and do almost constantly), the above quote even wouldn't graze top 100.

Since when did aggravated assault - or crime of any kind - stop 'artists' from making music? Or are you actually comparing the multi-billion dollar NFL to a record label?

Side Note: I'm no career counselor but as a casual observer, I would suggest Ray Rice use this unsavory spotlight to make a snazzy career move into Rap. Chris brown's record label, like most, cherishes knockout artists provided they keep the hits coming. In no time at all and if he plays his cards right, he may just be featured in WIZ FM, where they play "nothin' but the hits, nothin' but the hits, nothin' but the muthafukin' hits" (and everywhere else hits are played).
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
Here's what Obama said:
"Hitting a woman is not something a 'real man' does, and that's true whether or not an act of violence happens in the public eye, or, far too often, behind closed doors. Stopping domestic violence is something that's bigger than football, and all of us have a responsibility to put a stop to it."
Of all the things I could criticize Obama on (and believe me I can and do almost constantly), the above quote even wouldn't graze top 100.
Since when did aggravated assault - or crime of any kind - stop 'artists' from making music? Or are you actually comparing the multi-billion dollar NFL to a record label?
Side Note: I'm no career counselor but as a casual observer, I would suggest Ray Rice use this unsavory spotlight to make a snazzy career move into Rap. Chris brown's record label, like most, cherishes knockout artists provided they keep the hits coming. In no time at all and if he plays his cards right, he may just be featured in WIZ FM, where they play "nothin' but the hits, nothin' but the hits, nothin' but the muthafukin' hits".

Obama should sharrap jor. Where was he when Solange beat Jay Z silly?
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2014
I love Whoppis take on this issue, wish I can find the video and post here. She said my mind totally.
Women should quit shouting I am the victim when they raise their hands the moment you decide to raise your hand on anyone you loose the right to determine how they react
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
aisha2:

Obama should sharrap jor. Where was he when Solange beat Jay Z silly?

I agree.
Obama typically delivers statements on social/public happenings, and withholds them on topics where his 'presidential' voice is greatly needed so this is nothing new.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 13, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:
I agree.
Obama typically delivers statements on social/public happenings, and withholds them on topics where his 'presidential' voice is greatly needed so this is nothing new.
EnlightenedSoul:
I agree.
EnlightenedSoul:
I agree.

He should have found that voice too when they were using Jay Z to do memes. I hate hypocrisy and convinent voice finding

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 13, 2014
aisha2:

He should have found that voice too when they were using Jay Z to do memes. I hate hypocrisy and convinent voice finding

Same here.
That aside, I agree with the sentiments of your original post, but I don't think the Ray Rice incident is applicable. Solange was the aggressor in the elevator with Jay Z, but Janay was clearly not. Being as she later married him, I haven't much to say beyond that.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2014
aisha2: I love Whoppis take on this issue, wish I can find the video and post here. She said my mind totally.
Women should quit shouting I am the victim when they raise their hands the moment you decide to raise your hand on anyone you loose the right to determine how they react

Amen , you women are really smart sha, u beat someone up and on top of that you want to tell him how to react

I don't even mention their new slogan , really men this real m'en that .Eh Eh seems you guys know more about real m'en than about real women, nomneed to ask who gave them the right or ability to determine what is a real men?

I love women cheesy grin
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 13, 2014
Goldberg defends the context in which ESPN's Stephen A. Smith made his original remarks, referencing how the wife of Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice mentioned that she hit him first

Even though Stephen A. Smith apologized for saying that women sometimes provoke getting hit, Whoopi Goldberg is still coming to his defense.

See video: ESPN Host Stephen A. Smith Apologizes for Domestic Violence Remarks on ‘First Take’ (Video)

On Monday's “The View,” Goldberg was vehemently defending the context in which Smith made his original remarks, referencing how the wife of Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice mentioned that she hit him first. According to Goldberg, women should be taught from a young age the lesson “Don't be surprised if you hit a man, he hits you back.”

See video: Whoopi Goldberg on ‘View’ Panel Shakeup: ‘There Could Be Six Turtles at the Table’ (Video)

She went on to say, “If you make the choice as a woman who is 4'3” and you decide to hit a guy who is 6 foot tall and you're the last thing you make the choice as a woman who is 4'3” and you decide to hit a guy who is 6 foot tall and you're the last thing you want he wants to deal with that day and he hits you back, you cannot be surprised.” Of course, the rest of the panel was saying that a man should never hit a woman, and in principle Whoopi agreed, but she was advocating that women should learn to keep it under control themselves.

See video: Joe Morton Tells ‘The View’ That Rowan Pope on ‘Scandal’ Is Based on His Father (Video)

“I know I'm going to catch a lot of hell, and I don't care. But you have to teach women, do not live with this idea that men have this chivalry thing still with them, don't assume that that is still in place.”

Whoppi words are gbamest we need to start teaching women that they won't get away with that shi- t gender equality means you take as good as you get

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 7:18pm On Sep 13, 2014
That's exactly the point, chivalry is not genetic , neither is self control, so what on earth make them assume all men will tolerate their stinking behaviors ?

When men deal with other men stronger than them, they don't play the victim card or they don't strike them to then tell them that they should not retaliate because they appear stronger .

Like they say all is fair in war, pick up your fights wisely
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by olajide8(m): 11:46pm On Sep 13, 2014
aisha2: A few months ago I did a post on the Jay Z Solange elevator scandal, unfortunately the tsunami wiped it off.

Now with the Ray Rice issue the issue of double standards is glaring.

A woman attacks a man, he fights back and he is the criminal. Same thing would have happened to Jay Z if he hit back.

Women should not go around hitting men because they have the weaker se-x card same way men should not go around hitting women adults should handle conflicts like adults.

If anyone behaves like a thug man or woman then they have brought on themselves treatelment reserves for thugs.
If a woman feels slapping or hitting a man is the way to resolve conflicts then they should also expect slaps back.

I don't buy the smaller hands argument,abuse is more emotional than physical hitting is hitting.

All of a sudden everyone is awake and condemning this even president Obama but I didn't hear his voice when solange hit Jay Z.

We can't win the war against gender based violence if the wat is tilted to one side. Till we balance the standards and show clearly that man or woman no one has the right to go hitting another we won't win.
Violence has no gender, no gender has monopoly of being abuser or victim. Stop violence against person's let there be a universal standard for all.
This double standards is what makes my EX walk around claiming I beat her- where as she beat me- I was protecting myself when she almost strangled me to death- when I slapped her back that's like 16years ago* double standards politics, double standards employment, double standards in everything* women- its God sha!
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by adebisicutie: 12:09am On Sep 14, 2014
BABE3:

If the intent wasn't to disable or murder, if it's self defense/ out of anger, you'll walk free with a good lawyer in a sane country. I can post tens and hundreds of court cases supporting my point. Should I?

Like I said, oscar's gf didn't even slap him and he's likely to get the minimum sentence for what he's charged for (pay a fine, or probation).

If you punch me, and I throw two punches back and you die, I won't go to prison with a good lawyer. My intent wasn't to kill you, but you died, so how's that my fault?

I know in NIgeria, the person with the least amount of injuries is always at fault. grin
ops.

That would be regarded as manslaughter and the person would face prison time. same way Oscar was found guilty of manslaughter and he will most likely get some jail time. As the Judge said, he used excessive force. That's the thing about self Defence once you use more force than you needed to to protect your life then it's manslaughter. You life isn't in danger just because someone slapped you, as long as she isn't holding a knife or continuing to attack you then the right thing is to walk away and call the cops. Same way if a robber comes to your house and you had the chance to escape or shoot in in the legs but instead you choose to stay and shoot him to death you will serve jail time because it wasn't necessary for you to kill him In order to survive.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 12:24am On Sep 14, 2014
adebisicutie:

That would be regarded as manslaughter and the person would face prison time.

They may or they may not. It's depends on how good your defense case/ team is. Hundreds have worked free for accidently killing people. You need links/evidence?
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by adebisicutie: 12:29am On Sep 14, 2014
BABE3:

They may or they may not. It's depends on how good your defense case/ team is. Hundreds have worked free for accidently killing people. You need links/evidence?

Obviously some people have walked way same way some people have walked away even after committing murder. The court can only rule based on the amount of evidence available that dosent mean murder is allowed. By law in self Defence you should only use the amount of force needed to get away and save your life but if the persecutor doesn't have enough evidence the person would walk the same way as people walk in drug cases and others. For every one case where the accused walks away there are 10 who are serving prison time. So it's a question of do you want to take that risk just to get back at someone when you can easily call the cops and have that person punished in the right way by the law?

2 Likes

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by BABE3: 5:43pm On Sep 14, 2014
adebisicutie:

Obviously some people have walked way same way some people have walked away even after committing murder. The court can only rule based on the amount of evidence available that dosent mean murder is allowed. By law in self Defence you should only use the amount of force needed to get away and save your life but if the persecutor doesn't have enough evidence the person would walk the same way as people walk in drug cases and others. For every one case where the accused walks away there are 10 who are serving prison time. So it's a question of do you want to take that risk just to get back at someone when you can easily call the cops and have that person punished in the right way by the law?

Good, You've agreed with my point that hundreds have worked free when it comes to such cases.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by preselect(m): 5:32am On Sep 15, 2014
men should not slap a woman;
if a woman slaps a man, she's no longer a woman, at that point she can be slapped and beaten . . . . to death

want to be treated like a lady? . . . behave like a lady. dont go slapping men. you cant go to a jungle and kick a hungry lion and expect a smile, you will be food.

any woman who is opposed to the notion that nobody should slap anyone regardless of gender, is a bloody b1tch who wants to hit others and get away with it. she should go back to the lesbianism or remain a frustrated divorcee for life. angry

Mr Rice is gonna face charges (even though his wife is not pressing charges, the govt will press the charges anyways, crying more than the bereaved) and perhaps end up destroying the marriage and ipso facto, girl they are pretending to protect.

meanwhile solange is free . . . . talk of a nation that promotes equal justice

puah!!!! i spit on despicable feminists angry
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by pleep(m): 4:49am On Sep 16, 2014
OMG.. did a woman actually write this?

My faith in female logic is restored.
Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Godmystrength: 10:26am On Sep 16, 2014
aisha2 see wetin you cause now grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Violence: Again The Double Standards by Sagamite(m): 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
EnlightenedSoul:

Here's what Obama said:

But he was mum when Solange attacked?

He could not tell the world a 'real lady' does not behave like that?

EnlightenedSoul:

Side Note: I'm no career counselor but as a casual observer, I would suggest Ray Rice use this unsavory spotlight to make a snazzy career move into Rap. Chris brown's record label, like most, cherishes knockout artists provided they keep the hits coming. In no time at all and if he plays his cards right, he may just be featured in WIZ FM, where they play "nothin' but the hits, nothin' but the hits, nothin' but the muthafukin' hits" (and everywhere else hits are played).

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I love it when you "feminists" try to always argue that when women do something that you will condemn a man for, it is not that bad and should not be taken equally seriously. grin grin grin grin

So what is the difference between NFL and music?

The music industry is not multi-million dollar? grin grin grin grin

When Chris Brown hit someone that was hitting him, he did not go to court?

But when Solange does it "it is not like an NFL player hitting someone"? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

And you will see the person "real men" jumping up and down like poodle dogs to back such illogical arguments. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Looking After Inlaws Is Not A Man Responsibility - Reno Omokri / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? / Sending Money To Parents Back Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.