Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (194941 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ChasinGood(m): 6:54pm On Jul 07, 2023
Good evening doc
Please,I'd love to make enquiries bout pinguecula surgery that's safe here in Nigeria.
optm:
i am sorry i really do not know so much about clinics in delta. You could search on google to find results on clinics around you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:27am On Jul 08, 2023
ChasinGood:
Good evening doc
Please,I'd love to make enquiries bout pinguecula surgery that's safe here in Nigeria.
It's a safe surgery. Just visit a standard Ophthalogists practice for it or visit an Optometrists practice to refer you to where you can get it done
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by brownskilo(m): 10:13am On Jul 13, 2023
Hello Doc, Please I need suggestions to maintain good eyesight and reduce progressive myopia. I recently noticed changes in my right eye, like poor night vision even with glasses, blurriness, and eye twitching. I visited an eye clinic where several tests were carried out and Cataracts and glaucoma were ruled out. However, I was diagnosed with progressive myopia and told that changing my glasses would suffice. I'm concerned as my prescription has rapidly worsened from -1.5 to -3.0 within a year. How severe can it become, and what can I do to stabilize or reduce it?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by streetwise2015: 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good afternoon Doc..My mum is always having sand in the eyes feeling and her eyes is red when she scratches her hand with her eyes….Pls what can be done about it…Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:25pm On Jul 17, 2023
I don't see long distance again, people will become blurry until they are close.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Thugnificent(m): 2:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Just got my medicated glasses guys. Yay
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Thugnificent(m): 2:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
I don't see long distance again, people will become blurry until they are close.
go see an eye doctor bro. Same thing with me till I got my current eye glasses to correct.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by inikamoze(m): 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
Where is your office at and how much is consultation and eye tests?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2023
Please where is your hospital situated? I need to change from public hospital to private I don't like how public hospital gives me long waiting period of consultation. I think I am begining to lose side vision. I need to do CVF test to compare with the one I did in year 2021.

During the nationwide doctors strike in 2021 you helped me analysed that one with previous one and you told me my "visual field is quite stable" but I missed my consultation last year as I lost my father during the time so I didn't do CVF or even a pressure check throughout last year but did pressure check last month it was 18, while the one I did 2021 Dec was 15/14

I was told to come back 4months later. I can't continue like this. I have this feeling that I can't see the side things I used to see before I don't know if my mind is the one playing tricks on me out of fear. Please if you can let me know your side I'll come and if you can't say it here I can send a DM if you want that.

Cc: optm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2023
Antiochus:
Please where is your hospital situated? I need to change from public hospital to private I don't like how public hospital gives me long waiting period of consultation. I think I am begining to lose side vision. I need to do CVF test to compare with the one I did in year 2021.

During the nationwide doctors strike in 2021 you helped me analysed that one with previous one and you told me my "visual field is quite stable" but I missed my consultation last year as I lost my father during the time so I didn't do CVF or even a pressure check throughout last year but did pressure check last month it was 18, while the one I did 2021 Dec was 15/14

I was told to come back 4months later. I can't continue like this. I have this feeling that I can't see the side things I used to see before I don't know if my mind is the one playing tricks on me out of fear. Please if you can let me know your side I'll come and if you can't say it here I can send a DM if you want that.

Sorry about your ordeal but i am no longer in lagos. I really would not like to promote any clinic on this thread but you can send a Dm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2023
Good Doc. At last I was able to see the consultant and she analyzed the CVF test I did last with the previous and said "It's quite stable" the same thing you said here when you help me analysed it in 2021. But my eye pressure is still measuring 18/20 So she has recommended another drop called Brimonidine. She said I should be using it with the DuoSopt I am using. I'll do a CVF next month. I just pray the visual field remains the same cause I didn't visit the hospital throughout last year.

I started with Betaxolol 12/12 in 2020 until Betaxolol could not maintain it at the targeted level, DuoSopt came and I was getting 15 now DuoSopt can't maintain the targeted level again. Brimonidine has come in with DuoSopt. May God help me.

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2023
Antiochus:
Good Doc. At last I was able to see the consultant and she analyzed the CVF test I did last with the previous and said "It's quite stable" the same thing you said here when you help me analysed it in 2021. But my eye pressure is still measuring 18/20 So she has recommended another drop called Brimonidine. She said I should be using it with the DuoSopt I am using. I'll do a CVF next month. I just pray the visual field remains the same cause I didn't visit the hospital throughout last year.

I started with Betaxolol 12/12 in 2020 until Betaxolol could not maintain it at the targeted level, DuoSopt came and I was getting 15 now DuoSopt can't maintain the targeted level again. Brimonidine has come in with DuoSopt. May God help me.

Do not get too worried. Just ensure you are keeping to your doctor's appointments and use your medications as prescribed and you'll be fine. Worrying doesn't change a thing

2 Likes

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2023
optm:
Do not get too worried. Just ensure you are keeping to your doctor's appointments and use your medications as prescribed and you'll be fine. Worrying doesn't change a thing

Thanks sir. I appreciate your efforts here.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:21pm On Aug 11, 2023
Antiochus:

Thanks sir. I appreciate your efforts here.
uwlcm.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Onionstew: 5:52pm On Aug 11, 2023
drsteroid:
I am an Eye doctor, I discovered through clinical experience that most Patients don't really know about some basic things and problems affecting the eyesn and these has led to simple eye problems being seen as complicated and frightening to most patients and they don't really know how to go about it. There are some eye problems that are hereditary,which requires normal routine eye examinations but due to ignorance most patients tend to lose their sight to eye problems that could have been prevented. I want to use this opportunity to enlighten us and provide solutions to problems affecting the eyes,in line with WHO Vision 2020-Right to sight for all, so all questions concerning the eyes are welcomed

Please please can i have a number to call?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
brownskilo:
Hello Doc, Please I need suggestions to maintain good eyesight and reduce progressive myopia. I recently noticed changes in my right eye, like poor night vision even with glasses, blurriness, and eye twitching. I visited an eye clinic where several tests were carried out and Cataracts and glaucoma were ruled out. However, I was diagnosed with progressive myopia and told that changing my glasses would suffice. I'm concerned as my prescription has rapidly worsened from -1.5 to -3.0 within a year. How severe can it become, and what can I do to stabilize or reduce it?
sorry i skipped some post. Just noticing it.
In recent times, various methods for controling myopia are available. Visit an eye clinic and discuss with your eye doc about it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:51pm On Aug 26, 2023
streetwise2015:
Good afternoon Doc..My mum is always having sand in the eyes feeling and her eyes is red when she scratches her hand with her eyes….Pls what can be done about it…Thanks
with some eye drops, she can get relief from those symptoms. Unfortunately, i cannot prescribe online without assessing her. I advise you take her to an eye clinic to address her issue. Sorryi am replying late. I just got to see this
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:52pm On Aug 26, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
well, there are quite a number of eye conditions that could be responsible for that. You need to have your eyes examined
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:53pm On Aug 26, 2023
Thugnificent:
Just got my medicated glasses guys. Yay
nice hope you find them helpful
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:55pm On Aug 26, 2023
inikamoze:
Where is your office at and how much is consultation and eye tests?
you can just google search for eye clinics around you and put a call across to the conctacts there to find out the cost for consult as it varies
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:59pm On Aug 26, 2023
ChasinGood:
Good evening doc
i guess i didn't read properly befor replies in the first place. Are you talking about pinguecula or pterygium?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ChasinGood(m): 6:45pm On Aug 26, 2023
Meant Pinguicula,if possible recommend a hospital you know does it too please
Thanks
optm:
i guess i didn't read properly befor replies in the first place. Are you talking about pinguecula or pterygium?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:07pm On Aug 26, 2023
ChasinGood:
Meant Pinguicula,if possible recommend a hospital you know does it too please
Thanks
why are you wanting to take it off? Is it causing you so much discomfort or you are just having cosmetic concern?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ChasinGood(m): 8:06pm On Aug 26, 2023
Cosmetic concern
I'd be grateful if you recommend any hospital
optm:
why are you wanting to take it off? Is it causing you so much discomfort or you are just having cosmetic concern?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 11:07am On Aug 27, 2023
ChasinGood:
Cosmetic concern
I'd be grateful if you recommend any hospital
send a dm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by obianoooo: 8:53am On Sep 03, 2023
Hello Doc
Please help me am worried, since last year I've been having blur vision each time am on night shift which is when am going to work by 6pm but clear vision when am on morning shift so i make sure to be on morning shift more

But reason why am worried is because i don work with system and phone a lot so i was have eye strain and my forehead was paining me so i apply rub there any on my eye brows to easy the eye but now my eye lid feels heavy which and i have blur vision when outside during the day

Could apply rub on my forehead and eye brows be an the issue

Actually its more of focus vision on moving object
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:10pm On Sep 03, 2023
obianoooo:
Hello Doc
Please help me am worried, since last year I've been having blur vision each time am on night shift which is when am going to work by 6pm but clear vision when am on morning shift so i make sure to be on morning shift more

But reason why am worried is because i don work with system and phone a lot so i was have eye strain and my forehead was paining me so i apply rub there any on my eye brows to easy the eye but now my eye lid feels heavy which and i have blur vision when outside during the day

Could apply rub on my forehead and eye brows be an the issue

Actually its more of focus vision on moving object
i am not sure i understand your concerns clearly. You probably should take time out to visit an eye clinic as glasses may likely help you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Kingdemu: 10:48pm On Sep 12, 2023
Good evening Doc. Previously, I used to only experience eye twitching/palpitations when my blood pressure gets elevated, but recently I've had my BP under control through making some lifestyle changes. But for two days now, the eye twitching has resumed from time to time and I've been checking my BP and the highest was 118/86. What may be the cause of this intermittent eye twitching when my BP is normal?

NB: I'm a heavy phone user.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:58pm On Sep 22, 2023
Kingdemu:
Good evening Doc. Previously, I used to only experience eye twitching/palpitations when my blood pressure gets elevated, but recently I've had my BP under control through making some lifestyle changes. But for two days now, the eye twitching has resumed from time to time and I've been checking my BP and the highest was 118/86. What may be the cause of this intermittent eye twitching when my BP is normal?

NB: I'm a heavy phone user.
reduce every form of stress . eye stress from uncorrected refractive errors may be responsible. i advise you have your eyes tested
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 4:21pm On Sep 28, 2023
Good day Doc. Please check your mailbox. I sent some CVF tests. I initially uploaded them here but Nairaland is reducing the quality thereby making them blurry.

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2023
Antiochus:
Good day Doc. Please check your mailbox. I sent some CVF tests. I initially uploaded them here but Nairaland is reducing the quality thereby making them blurry.

oh that email is from you. I really didn't know where that came from and so i wasn't having much information on the case. I'll give a robust reply tomorrow when i get the chance to do that

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 2:51pm On Sep 29, 2023
optm:
oh that email is from you. I really didn't know where that came from and so i wasn't having much information on the case. I'll give a robust reply tomorrow when i get the chance to do that

Ok sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.