Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,150 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (194911 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by AllahIsDevil: 9:48am On Oct 02, 2023
optm:
why are you wanting to take it off? Is it causing you so much discomfort or you are just having cosmetic concern?

Hello doctor sorry for quoting you from another person's thread. I eyes was exposed to pesticide chemical two months ago while spraying it at a site no much problem when it entered my eyes just only stinging in the eyes. But last week I went for an eye exam and I was told I have glaucoma. If I may ask is this related to the chemical that entered my eyes two months ago.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 10:35am On Oct 02, 2023
Onionstew:

Please please can i have a number to call?
You can send me a mail
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2023
AllahIsDevil:

Hello doctor sorry for quoting you from another person's thread. I eyes was exposed to pesticide chemical two months ago while spraying it at a site no much problem when it entered my eyes just only stinging in the eyes. But last week I went for an eye exam and I was told I have glaucoma. If I may ask is this related to the chemical that entered my eyes two months ago.
It isn't caused by the chemical exposure you had
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by obianoooo: 8:57pm On Oct 14, 2023
Hello doc

Please do blue ray eye glasses work
Because am always on pc for upto 11hr per day
And it's affecting my eye site

For instance if am in an enclosed place i see clearly but once i move to an open space with lots of sunshine then people far away become blurry till they are up close and my eyes will becomes heavy
When in an open space

Secondary my eyes due get hurt this days with just a little bit of screen time

I've been talking vitamin A,cord liver oil,yeast and vitamin C to improve it, don't know if it works best
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by obianoooo: 10:44pm On Oct 14, 2023
Also i was given an eye drop when i went to see a
Doctor

1 for eye infections and reaction due to allergies
2 for eye pressure

But me i only applyed it for 3 days and later some few day 'never a fan of such'

But i dont know if it has and expiry date after opening because it's been upto 40+ days since i unsealed it and if i can still use it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:43pm On Oct 15, 2023
obianoooo:
Also i was given an eye drop when i went to see a
Doctor

1 for eye infections and reaction due to allergies
2 for eye pressure

But me i only applyed it for 3 days and later some few day 'never a fan of such'

But i dont know if it has and expiry date after opening because it's been upto 40+ days since i unsealed it and if i can still use it
if you were given drops for eye pressure, it probably means you are having glaucoma or the least ocular hypertension. Pls go back to your doctor to counsel you appropriately so you don't loose your vision
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by obianoooo: 9:24pm On Oct 15, 2023
optm:
if you were given drops for eye pressure, it probably means you are having glaucoma or the least ocular hypertension. Pls go back to your doctor to counsel you appropriately so you don't loose your vision

Doc below is the eye drop she gave to me

According to the doctor she said she gave it to me die to the eye strain caused by the 11hr on PC

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by obianoooo: 9:29pm On Oct 15, 2023
obianoooo:
Hello doc

Please do blue ray eye glasses work
Because am always on pc for upto 11hr per day
And it's affecting my eye site

For instance if am in an enclosed place i see clearly but once i move to an open space with lots of sunshine then people far away become blurry till they are up close and my eyes will becomes heavy
When in an open space

Secondary my eyes due get hurt this days with just a little bit of screen time

I've been talking vitamin A,cord liver oil,yeast and vitamin C to improve it, don't know if it works best

Doctor please reply answer as to this questions
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:03am On Oct 16, 2023
obianoooo:

Doc below is the eye drop she gave to me

According to the doctor she said she gave it to me die to the eye strain caused by the 11hr on PC

what was your eye pressure when the Doc checked
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:22pm On Oct 16, 2023
obianoooo:

Doctor please reply answer as to this questions
you would most likely be needing prescription glasses. secondly, you might be needing artificial tear eye drops aswell.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by joshbill: 9:13am On Oct 30, 2023
Good morning doc
I currently have a -1.25 and -1.5 prescription for my left and right eyes respectively to aid vision for visual acuity.
But lately I noticed when I wake up in the morning my vision is a bit blurry for hours until around 12pm, I also noticed I see halos and rainbows around light(bulb) just about any source of light.
Please advise on how to proceed
I've been trying to see an ophthalmologist at LUTH but it's taking forever.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:52pm On Nov 03, 2023
joshbill:
Good morning doc
I currently have a -1.25 and -1.5 prescription for my left and right eyes respectively to aid vision for visual acuity.
But lately I noticed when I wake up in the morning my vision is a bit blurry for hours until around 12pm, I also noticed I see halos and rainbows around light(bulb) just about any source of light.
Please advise on how to proceed
I've been trying to see an ophthalmologist at LUTH but it's taking forever.
visit a private clinic around you to check for glaucoma, dry eye syndrome or astigmatism
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by obianoooo: 10:41am On Nov 15, 2023
optm:
you would most likely be needing prescription glasses. secondly, you might be needing artificial tear eye drops aswell.

Doc,

about this which artificial tear eye drops do you recommend
also is dry eye associated with light sensitivity because am always in an enclosed place and my eyes brings
out tears when i come out to a bright place.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:05pm On Nov 19, 2023
obianoooo:

Doc,

about this which artificial tear eye drops do you recommend
also is dry eye associated with light sensitivity because am always in an enclosed place and my eyes brings
out tears when i come out to a bright place.
hi sorry for the delayed reply. It may not just all about the dry eyes only as you may need to rule out for refractive errors aswell.
My recommendation is that you get tested to see if you may be needing glasses first as
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Simplyfun: 8:40pm On Nov 19, 2023
Hello Doc,

I was told I have glaucoma 4 years ago in my two eyes and it has blind one of my eyes. since then I have been nursing, monitoring the remaining eye.

But Something happened last week that scared me to death. I woke up and discovered something like snow or harmattan blocking my vision. And my eyes were red.

I tried all I could but this thing wouldn’t go away. I cried as I was just scared to lose my second eye. After two days the cloud covering the eye went away but I noticed some changes in my eye. E.g

My vision started fluctuating
My vision becomes blur
My vision is fading while I look into my phone
I can’t see properly at night
I am see properly inside the sun
The vein in my neck is paining me and I am having some pains in the affected eye

Last two days, I went to the hospital so see a doctor. She tested affected eye and temperature was 42. The doctor ask me to buy duosopf and brimonidin eyes drop which I am currently using.

But still yet this symptom I mentioned up there are still affecting me. Please my vision is shaking and is fading. I was given next month appointment which is December.

Please Doc what could be wrong with my eye. I don’t want to lose this remaining eye please. I am living already in fear.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:51pm On Nov 19, 2023
Simplyfun:
Hello Doc,

I was told I have glaucoma 4 years ago in my two eyes and it has blind one of my eyes. since then I have been nursing, monitoring the remaining eye.

But Something happened last week that scared me to death. I woke up and discovered something like snow or harmattan blocking my vision. And my eyes were red.

I tried all I could but this thing wouldn’t go away. I cried as I was just scared to lose my second eye. After two days the cloud covering the eye went away but I noticed some changes in my eye. E.g

My vision started fluctuating
My vision becomes blur
My vision is fading while I look into my phone
I can’t see properly at night
I am see properly inside the sun
The vein in my neck is paining me and I am having some pains in the affected eye

Last two days, I went to the hospital so see a doctor. She tested affected eye and temperature was 42. The doctor ask me to buy duosopf and brimonidin eyes drop which I am currently using.

But still yet this symptom I mentioned up there are still affecting me. Please my vision is shaking and is fading. I was given next month appointment which is December.

Please Doc what could be wrong with my eye. I don’t want to lose this remaking eye please. I am living already in fear.
before now, in what ways have you been nursing or monitoring the only eye?
Secondly did your doctor tell you the kind of glaucoma ie open or narrow angle glaucoma? Have you started the eye drops already?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Simplyfun: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2023
It is open glaucoma. And I have been using eyes drop to control it but stop for a while due to financial crisis.

Secondly did your doctor tell you the kind of glaucoma ie open or narrow angle glaucoma? Have you started the eye drops already? [/quote]
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:24pm On Nov 20, 2023
Simplyfun:

It is open glaucoma. And I have been using eyes drop to control it but stop for a while due to financial crisis.

Secondly did your doctor tell you the kind of glaucoma ie open or narrow angle glaucoma? Have you started the eye drops already?
by all means, try to always be on your medication and keep to your doctor's appointments so you do not loose what is left. I wish you best of luck.
Tell your family members to get screened for glaucoma too
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Simplyfun: 5:42pm On Nov 20, 2023
UPDATE: Sorry for the errors na my eyes dey cause am

So in my curiosity I carry myself go the hospital today lol. Though I was given December appointment for my next eyes checkup. Got there at noon and I pleaded with the physician to please check the pressure of my eyes.

Thank God she no talk about my appointment not been today. I entered and siddon like a prisoner waiting for judgement. She brought out the tools and asked me to focus on a screen which I did.

The last time my eyes pressure was 42 but today it has come down to 19. The doctor said that the pressure is okay but I should continue with my eyes drop and the eyes cap tablet she recommended.

Also in my research I got to know that cod liver oil is good for the eyes and the brain. As it contain Vitamin A and D. So I have bought it and I also bought some supplement and eyes herbal tea. The supplement works cos I have used it before but I am just trying the herbal eyes tea.

Doctor, my worry now is I still have difficulties while walking in the sun and at night my vision reduce. Also my vision is fading. Please is there anything I can do or you can recommend for that?

by all means, try to always be on your medication and keep to your doctor's appointments so you do not loose what is left. I wish you best of luck.
Tell your family members to get screened for glaucoma too [/quote]
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:59am On Nov 21, 2023
Simplyfun:
UPDATE: Sorry for the errors na my eyes dey cause am

So in my curiosity I carry myself go the hospital today lol. Though I was given December appointment for my next eyes checkup. Got there at noon and I pleaded with the physician to please check the pressure of my eyes.

Thank God she no talk about my appointment not been today. I entered and siddon like a prisoner waiting for judgement. She brought out the tools and asked me to focus on a screen which I did.

The last time my eyes pressure was 42 but today it has come down to 19. The doctor said that the pressure is okay but I should continue with my eyes drop and the eyes cap tablet she recommended.

Also in my research I got to know that cod liver oil is good for the eyes and the brain. As it contain Vitamin A and D. So I have bought it and I also bought some supplement and eyes herbal tea. The supplement works cos I have used it before but I am just trying the herbal eyes tea.

Doctor, my worry now is I still have difficulties while walking in the sun and at night my vision reduce. Also my vision is fading. Please is there anything I can do or you can recommend for that?

Tell your family members to get screened for glaucoma too
i really do not know to what extent of damage the glaucoma has caused your vision but your doctor that assessed you is in a better position to address your concerns. You could get photochromic glasses to help you when you are out in the sun
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Simplyfun: 8:03am On Nov 21, 2023
Okay sir. I appreciate your reply. I hope if I keep the temperature low the glaucoma won’t progress?

i really do not know to what extent of damage the glaucoma has caused your vision but your doctor that assessed you is in a better position to address your concerns. You could get photochromic glasses to help you when you are out in the sun[/quote]
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:52pm On Nov 21, 2023
Simplyfun:

Okay sir. I appreciate your reply. I hope if I keep the temperature low the glaucoma won’t progress?

i really do not know to what extent of damage the glaucoma has caused your vision but your doctor that assessed you is in a better position to address your concerns. You could get photochromic glasses to help you when you are out in the sun
well, the goal is to bring the pressure to the point where the disease progression is halted. One cannot guess this pressure hence you'll need to periodically go for certain tests to ascertain progression of disease or not
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Dhellake: 10:59am On Nov 29, 2023
Hi optm,

A relative has issues with her eyes and consulted a eye clinic. The ophthalmologist recommended a Ketorolac eye drop.

We’ve been having issues getting this around. I don’t know if you know of anywhere one can get it.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:39pm On Nov 30, 2023
Dhellake:
Hi optm,

A relative has issues with her eyes and consulted a eye clinic. The ophthalmologist recommended a Ketorolac eye drop.

We’ve been having issues getting this around. I don’t know if you know of anywhere one can get it.
which state are you resident?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Bladeripper(m): 10:12am On Dec 14, 2023
Good Morning, Doc.

I've been having this redness on the sclera of my left eye. I was told to take antihistamines, for it could be an allergy. However, there hasn't been any positive result. What do you think, ser?

I'm quite distanced from the hospital. I'd like to know your take on this before I embark on going to the hospital.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by updatechange(m): 2:30pm On Dec 22, 2023
Bladeripper:
Good Morning, Doc.

I've been having this redness on the sclera of my left eye. I was told to take antihistamines, for it could be an allergy. However, there hasn't been any positive result. What do you think, ser?

I'm quite distanced from the hospital. I'd like to know your take on this before I embark on going to the hospital.

I had the same and when I visited the hospital the doctor ophthalmologist told me I had pterygium (Google it) then advised I go for a surgery as that’s the only permanent solution.. meanwhile I’m a stoner and usually experience worst reddish eyes after gettin high. Had to stop smoking and went sober after.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:24pm On Jan 12
Bladeripper:
Good Morning, Doc.

Hi sorry i am just getting to see your post. Trust you are fine now?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Bladeripper(m): 7:14pm On Jan 12
optm:
Hi sorry i am just getting to see your post. Trust you are fine now?
Not really, doc.
The redness is still there. However, no itching or blurry vision.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Konskott(m): 7:53pm On Jan 12
I can't see with my right eye but the left is okay. Started a few days now. The right eye has a layer of covering on the pupil or lenses that blocks my vision. What has caused this and possible remedies. Thank you.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:59am On Jan 13
Bladeripper:

Not really, doc.
The redness is still there. However, no itching or blurry vision.
can you post a pic of it?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:02am On Jan 13
Konskott:
I can't see with my right eye but the left is okay. Started a few days now. The right eye has a layer of covering on the pupil or lenses that blocks my vision. What has caused this and possible remedies. Thank you.
how old are you? Any pains, redness, history of trauma or injury to the eye?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Bladeripper(m): 4:42pm On Jan 13
optm:
can you post a pic of it?
Here, doc. It usually becomes this red whenever I wake up from sleep. And the area below my iris is always inflammed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.