Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,761 members, 7,844,480 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 10:09 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (197136 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 2:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
marquiseT:
Thank you doc,but I didn't get an answer to my question about severe headache after reflection to light source,tv,projector,the sun..
it shows u re highly photophobic. I.e ur cone cells are highly sensitive to light.I wil advise u go 2 an eye clinic were u can get a photochromic lens that wil help protect ur eyes against excess light.tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 2:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
gerber404:
Doc, my left eye can see more distance writing than my right eye, when i try to compare the two when reading hope its not a problem
I wil like 2 no how old u re..that's a sign of anisometropia,u nid to visit an eye clinic urgently 2 avoid suppressing the bad eye which might result 2 the bad eye being suppressed and deviated (strabismic or tropia). The end result being amblyopia in that eye I.e not responding 2 any optical or medical treatment..refractive error,cataract,glaucoma and other eye conditions can cause this

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by faaz24: 3:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
drsteroid:
when did the somtin hit the person,and did u visit an eye clinic immediately it happened..pls try provide more info and tell if d person is experiencing pain or any other symptoms..tanx
[color=#006600][/color]
We didn't visit an eye clinic. D person is not experiencing any pain or discomfort, its just dat d stain refuses to go.[size=8pt][/size][i][/i]
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 3:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
GraceInUSA:
Thank you for this rare opportunity. I was recently given a pair of glasses this month. I was diagnosed of refractive error. I feel pains when the eyes are opened. Its more when I just come out of the bathroom.The prescription reads thus:
SPH +0.25 CYC -0.50 AXIS 0.90
Now I need to know what it means in English language. I have problems staying in a room where a fan is on and also have problems staying under the sun although I'm not an albino.I asked for photochromic lens, I was given something that isnt. I want to know if the prescription determines if its gonna be photochromic or not.
wot the prescription means is that u have: simple hyperopic astigmatism..photochromic lens are lenses that works in an automatic way by adjusting itself 2 becom darker while u are in a bright environment so that u can feel comfortable,it also adjusts itself when in a dark environment by looking brighter so that enuf light can enter the eyes so that the patient can see comfortable..if ur lens is nt responding dis way then its nt a photochromic lens..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by faaz24: 3:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
Drsteriod pls reply to my post above.. Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 3:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
cheezkid:
Oga doctor. Im a patient of shortsightedness. I have been using corrective lens for 7 years still the state of my eye sight is not improving. Please tell me honestly if my bad eye sight can be corrected or was i deceived by my optician who told me that my spectacles would correct it??
the trut is that lenses don't correct the eyes..being short sighted is usually as a result of the length eyeball either being too long or the refractive media power I.e the cornea and the crystaline lens being too strong,so images tends 2 form in front of the retina and not on the macula..wot glasses does is that it helps 2 push the image formed on the retina so that the patient can see far object clearly and comfortable..although,tru clinical experience,I ve discovered dat glasses tends to correct some patients with low myopia after using deir glasses for some time,and dey bcom emmetropic I.e there eyesight becoms normal and they can see clearly without glasses..I wil advise u visit an eye clinic regularly I.e 6mnths-1year, so as 2 always review ur refractive status..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by chytai(f): 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
i have a daughter, she is 2years old for the past two months she has an eye challenge on her right eye. the eye is always red, we have went to hospital and they said its sty and she was given antibiotics. she has finished the medication still no positive results. please what can we do?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:08pm On Oct 28, 2014
kateobi:
pls my daughters r twins 5 month old and I noticed discharge frm their eyes and it has taken long to clear.pls can I use chloramphenicol 4 them ?afraid 4 their age pls advice
the discharge shows their eyes have been infected by microbes..I wil like 2 know d nature of the discharge.wots the colour of the discharge,does it sticks,watery or does their eyelids gum 2geda weneva dey wake up early in d morning,wil also like to know if it affects both eyes or 1,and if there is also redness of the eyes?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
chytai:
i have a daughter, she is 2years old for the past two months she has an eye challenge on her right eye. the eye is always red, we have went to hospital and they said its sty and she was given antibiotics. she has finished the medication still no positive results. please what can we do?
stye usually results as a result of blockage of d meibomian gland..I wil advise u always take facial hygiene very important.I wil advise u always wash d baby's face with clean water always..use of warm compress is of great help.I wil advise u go 2 d clinic were it was 1st diagnosed and treated,so that they can actually hep u out so as 2 continue or discontinue wit d drugs..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2014
Opzy94:
Ma eyes re red,wit discharges(juxt lyk weeping),blur atimes when reading on phone(especially at night),unable to see long diztance clearly......i tink it's hereditory but please wat can i do to solve this??
I wil like 2 know how old u re,the discharge is a sign dat ur eyes have been infected by micro-organism..I wil like 2 know the nature of d discharge,is it watery or sticky,and does ur eyelids sticks 2geda wen waking up in d morning?difficulty seeing distance objects clearly and wen reading indicates refractive error or pathological condition..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:47pm On Oct 28, 2014
jauntty:
NICE TO BE BACK...Mods am still wondering y I was banned in the first place. Daris god ooooo.
good 2 have u back again doc
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 7:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
[quote author=faaz24 post=27524123][color=#006600][/color]
We didn't visit an eye clinic. D person is not experiencing any pain or discomfort, its just dat d stain refuses to go.[size=8pt][/size][i][/i][/quote u can add me up on bbm or whatsapp,so that I we can talk more on this.sori I replied late,there were so many questions 2 answer,never knew I skipped urs.tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by GraceInUSA: 8:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
drsteroid:
wot the prescription means is that u have: simple hyperopic astigmatism..photochromic lens are lenses that works in an automatic way by adjusting itself 2 becom darker while u are in a bright environment so that u can feel comfortable,it also adjusts itself when in a dark environment by looking brighter so that enuf light can enter the eyes so that the patient can see comfortable..if ur lens is nt responding dis way then its nt a photochromic lens..tanx

I'm grateful. I get you. My next questions are:
Would the glasses be for life??
I noticed that viewing distance, my eye sight seems to be sharper than the glasses. In other words the glasses is blurred at distance. Is it supposed to be so??
Is it normal for my eyes to feel dry under a room with the fan on??
I used to have serious problems using a laptop because of the eye pain. Does the glasses also solve that problem??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oprah007(m): 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
drsteroid:
it shows u have exotropia I.e ur right eye moving outward..u can visit an eye clinic for proper eye examination 2 see if u have refractive error or refferred 2 see an orthoptist who can hep train the deviated eye muscle...try do dat asap

Thanks Doc, I will do that ASAP. Thanks once again
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 9:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
GraceInUSA:

I'm grateful. I get you. My next questions are:
Would the glasses be for life??
I noticed that viewing distance, my eye sight seems to be sharper than the glasses. In other words the glasses is blurred at distance. Is it supposed to be so??
Is it normal for my eyes to feel dry under a room with the fan on??
I used to have serious problems using a laptop because of the eye pain. Does the glasses also solve that problem??
no,ur naked eye ought nt 2 be better than the glasses when viewing distance objectsm.I tink d problem is either ur lens power seems 2 weaker compared 2 ur refractive demand or u have an underlying pathology e.g diabetes. Fan helps 2 increase d rate of evaporation of tears thereby making d eye dry,but a reflex feedback mechanism heps 2 produce and release more tears when such happens,making d person 2 be more comfortable,I bliv u nid visit an eye clinic so dat ur tear film stability andtear volume can be analysed..yes ur glasses is suposed 2 relieve u also of d pain u ecperience wheneva u use ur laptop..but if u use a distance single vision lenses,n u ought 2 be using a near add with it,but not incorporated in it,u wil find it difficult workin on ur computer or other near work,dis is mainly 4 patients above 39years old.pls visit ur eye clinic and make all ur complain known 2 ur eye doctor..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by marquiseT(f): 10:54pm On Oct 28, 2014
drsteroid:
it shows u re highly photophobic. I.e ur cone cells are highly sensitive to light.I wil advise u go 2 an eye clinic were u can get a photochromic lens that wil help protect ur eyes against excess light.tanx

Thank you very much doc,I really appreciate
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by abdol262(m): 11:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
i watch screen a lot and i begin to realise somethng is wrong on vision ( the distant vision) to the extend that i can't read a leicens number of a car that is a metres away, but i can see clearly at a close distant. Do i need a glass or a med?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 12:12am On Oct 29, 2014
abdol262:
i watch screen a lot and i begin to realise somethng is wrong on vision ( the distant vision) to the extend that i can't read a leicens number of a car that is a metres away, but i can see clearly at a close distant. Do i need a glass or a med?
I wil advice u visit an eye clinic were proper examination wil be carried out on u,the result of the examination wil tel if u need either drug, glasses or both.tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Youngbankee(m): 4:39am On Oct 29, 2014
i cant read at night or even surf on my fone at
night coz i av dis blurred vision at night n i cant
c objects in far distance... itz becoming
bothersome for me coz i do seat at d back durin
lectures..... tnx sir God bless u
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 5:17am On Oct 29, 2014
Youngbankee:
i cant read at night or even surf on my fone at
night coz i av dis blurred vision at night n i cant
c objects in far distance... itz becoming
bothersome for me coz i do seat at d back durin
lectures..... tnx sir God bless u
your complains are that of short sightedness,I wil advise u 2 visit a nearby eye clinic 4 detailed examination,diagnosis and treatment..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ayo081(m): 6:35am On Oct 29, 2014
Ayo081:

re@drsteroid:tanx doc. Its the bulbar conjuctiva,dey r exceptionaly brown. I don't smoke nor drink.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by adusco(m): 6:38am On Oct 29, 2014
Hi doc! My eyes are always red, I dnt smoke neither do i drink,I went to d hospital and was told to do a test for glaucoma, which was negative but d doc said it is in its early stage..d eyes itches though nt all d time bt its always red and I'm disturbed cus ppl tink I smoke a lot mi neve taste am @ all
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by GraceInUSA: 6:40am On Oct 29, 2014
drsteroid:
no,ur naked eye ought nt 2 be better than the glasses when viewing distance objectsm.I tink d problem is either ur lens power seems 2 weaker compared 2 ur refractive demand or u have an underlying pathology e.g diabetes. Fan helps 2 increase d rate of evaporation of tears thereby making d eye dry,but a reflex feedback mechanism heps 2 produce and release more tears when such happens,making d person 2 be more comfortable,I bliv u nid visit an eye clinic so dat ur tear film stability andtear volume can be analysed..yes ur glasses is suposed 2 relieve u also of d pain u ecperience wheneva u use ur laptop..but if u use a distance single vision lenses,n u ought 2 be using a near add with it,but not incorporated in it,u wil find it difficult workin on ur computer or other near work,dis is mainly 4 patients above 39years old.pls visit ur eye clinic and make all ur complain known 2 ur eye doctor..tanx

Thank you very much for taking out time to explain to me and everyone of us. I'm indeed grateful.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 29, 2014
hi doc.. Pls i need ur help...in de afternoon when i sleep ad wicked my eye will be red..or when am feelin sleepy my eye will be alway red..or when am tired...what can i do to stop dis?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Bomoobacom(m): 3:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
drsteroid:
what u re having may either be refractive error or muscle spasm..d discharge is as a result of microbial infection..I will advise u visit an eye clinic as soon as possible...tanx
pls do u knw of any eye clinic in ibadan dt u cn recommend
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by HumbledbYGrace(f): 4:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
Glad I found this.....

drsteroid....

I've had eye problems since I was young which were occupied by severe headaches and they would come and go, but when I turned 18, my left eye couldn't see anything at night. Everything would be totally black, I went for a check-up and I was told there's nothing wrong with me. The eyes were terribly painful at that time, just eye drops and the pain would subside. The blindness however reduced but the right sees things in a brighter way than the left, the light at night makes me cry, its like there's something being pulled from the veins in the eyes. What could be the problem? Glasses makes me look old biko, is the any other way I can skip those because I went to check the optometrist who told me I need glasses.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
ayansegzy:
hi doc.. Pls i need ur help...in de afternoon when i sleep ad wicked my eye will be red..or when am feelin sleepy my eye will be alway red..or when am tired...what can i do to stop dis?
whenever we sleep the blood vessls in our eyes gets dilated I.e vasodilation,causing more blood flow to the conjuctiva blood vessels and other tissues,so our eyes tends 2 look red than it was b4 sleeping..this is a normal physiological process..it bcoms a problem when associated with other symptoms like discharge and gritty sensation..tanx
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ayo081(m): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2014
drsteroid:
whenever we sleep the blood vessls in our eyes gets dilated I.e vasodilation,causing more blood flow to the conjuctiva blood vessels and other tissues,so our eyes tends 2 look red than it was b4 sleeping..this is a normal physiological process..it bcoms a proplem when associated with other symptoms like discharge and gritty sensation..tanx
RE@drsteroid:tanx doc. Its the bulbar conjuctiva,dey r exceptionaly brown. I don't smoke nor drink.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 5:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ayo081:

RE@drsteroid:tanx doc. Its the bulbar conjuctiva,dey r exceptionaly brown. I don't smoke nor drink.
try see an eye doctor by visiting an eye clinic
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ayo081(m): 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
drsteroid:
try see an eye doctor by visiting an eye clinic
tanx doc. Can i try visine n what r my chances of getting it at any shop?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 29, 2014
I'm having some kind of movement in both my eyes and they itch me, I do scratch them also, what can be the problem and what am I suppose to do?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
Ayo081:

tanx doc. Can i try visine n what r my chances of getting it at any shop?
visine can't take care of that,it is a vasoconstrictor.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.