Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,599 members, 7,827,259 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (196144 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by DaimlerBen(m): 5:20am On Oct 27, 2014
Gratitude for your benevolence. Please, where can one procure medicated sports glasses? I've scoured virtually the whole East & South-South. Even Konga & Jumia aren't helpful. Thank you.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jworos(m): 5:34am On Oct 27, 2014
Pls ďoc,my left eye is red most of the time, it's bn dis way for some months now, it itches n feels like something is inside, do u v any recommendation??
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Ismaxtr3(m): 6:23am On Oct 27, 2014
hy doctor. pls i always feel like there's water in my eyes everytime and most times .when eating perrish food, water comes out from my eyes
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 6:53am On Oct 27, 2014
jworos:
Pls ďoc,my left eye is red most of the time, it's bn dis way for some months now, it itches n feels like something is inside, do u v any recommendation??
does the redness affect all part of the white eye,or just a little portion,any pain or discharge?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Fourcade(m): 6:56am On Oct 27, 2014
Dramadiddy:
Pls oooo sorry, the sun seems to be too bright for me... Although I can see objects very clearly.. But dis one, my eyes get watery when the sun is so much on me... I used to wear dark shades but I can't wear dark shades to some places.. What do I do and pls give me cost of the overall solution thanks

Good Morning Docs,

You missed this post.I have the same problem but i have never worn shades. . .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 27, 2014
Dear doctor. Somethime ago I had painful eyes. As a result my eyes turn red/brown. Now that my eyes are ok, the eyes colouration still remain. Please what can I do to restore back to white?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Teenzy(f): 7:48am On Oct 27, 2014
jauntty:
Its very simple. If the cataract is immature, then he will have to cope with it. The eye doctor will test to see if glasses can make any difference in his vision. When the cataracts matures, my advise is to do cataracts extraction. If He's old and don't want to, then let him maximize the vision in the other eye.
...Thanks a lot Doc..but is there no drug he can use to clear it up..
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by powerblaze(m): 7:50am On Oct 27, 2014
Hi doc,

I sometimes feel something moving in my right eye, like a worm. Pls wat do I do to get rid of it?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Bomoobacom(m): 7:53am On Oct 27, 2014
Good morning sir, pls i want to knw wat i cn do 2 my eyes.....wen ever i watch a film or use my fone 4 a long hour i do av aches/pain n discharge 4rm my eye....n wen eva i luk at light at a close range i feel little pain dt makes me remove it immediately..
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oprah007(m): 8:29am On Oct 27, 2014
Good Morning Doctor, I av a defect with my eyes which i wasnt born with. Although i cant say exactly when it started but its been like that since my primary school days and now i am 27years old. One of my eyeballs is always looking sideways wen am actually looking straight. Whenever i try to correct both to look straight, my vision become so blur that i hardly can see anything and my eyes become teary.
If i use one eyeball at a time, it looks quite normal. I have never used a recommended glasses but i use a sunglasses jes to cover the defect from people. Please Doc, is there anything to be done to correct this? Thanks *attached are pix of my eyeballs*

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 8:50am On Oct 27, 2014
Good day Dr.
I am 25, I had never had eye problems before until recently. i do use sunglasses for long cos excess exposure to sunlight causes me headache.Recently, I have been working with laptops and microscopes and now my eyes hurt with little pains, getting to a point i couldn't even use a microscope for an hour but the job really require working with microscope for long hours 4-5 hrs daily for couple of days-weeks. To help it, i stopped for a while and used vit A and yeasts. I dont use any med glasses and i want to go back to microscopy next week. What should i do? i can barely stay on overlited place, i had been avoiding my pc even phone!
Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by picasso4u(m): 9:18am On Oct 27, 2014
drsteroid:
sandy or gritty sensation is a sign of foreigh body or dry eyes,or one of d many causes of fb sensation...I wil advise u go 2 a nearby eye clinic where a thorough external examination can be carried out on ur eyes and cornea..please dnt try 2 rub ur eyes or apply any medication as u can cause more damage 2 ur eyes if the fb sensation is as aresult of cornea abrasion.tanx
you are really God sent...I don't take any medication but of recent, I started washing my eyes with salt and water everyday...is it okkk?
concerning foreign bodies, think it is just sand because it does not last
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by picasso4u(m): 9:18am On Oct 27, 2014
drsteroid:
sandy or gritty sensation is a sign of foreigh body or dry eyes,or one of d many causes of fb sensation...I wil advise u go 2 a nearby eye clinic where a thorough external examination can be carried out on ur eyes and cornea..please dnt try 2 rub ur eyes or apply any medication as u can cause more damage 2 ur eyes if the fb sensation is as aresult of cornea abrasion.tanx
you are really God sent...I don't take any medication but of recent, I started washing my eyes with salt and water everyday...is it okkk?
concerning foreign bodies, think it is just sand because it does not last
pls mod...unban jauntty na
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by kween01: 9:36am On Oct 27, 2014
Gd mrning, and tanks for this gd will. pls I would like to refer you back to page 5, you did nt answer questions on d eye with Brown spot and fleshy , d one with pictures.
I av always seen d spot and d growth just as in d pix in my eye, the left part has started itching occasionally since last week, and I keep feeling like there is a dirt in it, yesternite it was painful. Though the stain had been there for a while, all the feelings started last week, pls wat can I do. Tanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Obinnio: 10:11am On Oct 27, 2014
drsteroid:
did u visit any eye clinic wen d trauma happened 5years ago? For the discharge,its as a result of infections,I advise u visit an eye clinic 4 a comprehensive eye test as soon as possible..tanx
no I did not visit an eye clinic,just took some drugs and it went down,did not start disturbing me then, but after some time ago it just start becoming red with one being more red,I will visit an eye clinic but do U know what is the cause of red eyes after sleeping and medication for it, and as well what will I do about the discharge,mind U both eyes go red just that is one more red is the one hitting,
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by khunley(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2014
Doctor
I find it difficult to see things at distance. It's so bad that I can't write from the board even from the first seat row in a classroom. I hardly watch tv because the vision isn't clear not until I move very close to it but then the light ray makes me almost close my eyes totally.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by mecussey(m): 11:12am On Oct 27, 2014
Johans:

No. Neither do i smoke or indulge in the corruption associated with teens age. Just a good boy with eye floaters. Dats depressing.

so what the fu*k is wrong with our health? I read on google that it could be retina detachment, why this early stage.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by boojwa(m): 11:15am On Oct 27, 2014
I got a new pair of lenses after abandoning the last one for about 5years or so cos it was giving me headaches and leaving a funny taste in my mouth. So i got a new one from an optictian and it was ok initially bur later i began to feel like my head was been compressed plus minor headaches...dun have money for new ones and i'm short sighted...08100099680
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Babamide(m): 11:17am On Oct 27, 2014
Good day Doc,
My eyes generates eye mucus throughout the day. What do u think causes this and what do you advise i do about it?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by avenger74(m): 11:25am On Oct 27, 2014
I am 40 years and recently i noticed that when am outside and there is sunlight, i see bubbles, or some kind of webs, I noticed one eye is long sighted and the other one is short sighted.

Please help.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Caseless: 11:26am On Oct 27, 2014
drsteroid:
if the cause is physiological I.e that is the real colour of your eyes,little or nothing can really be done to dat,but if pathological I.e as a result of diseases,there are drugs like mast cell stabilizers or antihistamines drugs and also decongestant drugs..u can send me an e mail in other 2 explain yourself better and prescribe a particular drug to you
pls, doctor, my red eyez are pronounced whenever i look at light, torch-light flashed at me or , whenever i walked in the sun. This is usually followed by a headache concerntrated around my forehead. Infact, my eyez hate to see light. Mine is what i term 'photo-phobia'.
Any possible cure? Thank u, as u help.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by marquiseT(f): 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
Thanks,I anticipate your help,I noticed that anytime I go out under the hot sun,watch tv for too long or maybe projector,see a movie at the cinemas,anything that causes entry of light into my eyes for a long time,i have very terrible headache...it is really disturbing...now I use shade when going out in the afternoon...plz what can I do about it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Spartan1203(m): 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2014
PallyG:
Loooll..... The beautiful trees, never so beautiful as today....so U dey here!!! I just dey try helllep my people sha. Dr. Sam Aro even dey here sef.
una de do things abi. enjoy! halla San siro
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Hopez456(m): 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2014
drsteroid:
pterygium is caused by exposure 2 uv rays,dusts,smoke and other exogenous substances..u nid a tinted shade that wil help 2 reduce d amt of uv rays entering ur eyes,a clear or untinted glasses can't do that.there re special sunglasses that re UV rays protected..it wil be better if u can get that..protection of the eyes against these exogenous substances wil reduce d itchy,fb sensation..but wil be perfect if u can use the sunglasses wit drugs prescribed by ur doctor..pterygium surgery,is the last resort 2 a pterygium that has fully encroached the cornea and affects vision..tanx
Thank you very much sir, I have started using the prescribed drop, also got a not too tinted shade. Please like how much would it cost one PTERYGIUM surgery?
Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by shay101: 2:14pm On Oct 27, 2014
How about when your eyes brings out water steady while trying to concentrate on something ie watching football? please reply me have been having such eye issues for a while now... thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by philkul: 2:42pm On Oct 27, 2014
Pls sir I want to know more about glaucoma and how to treat it. Also pls if u don't mind pls send me ur email tru dis mail coa wil lyk to ask u some questions aswell abt oda issues tnks. Philmalize@gmail.com is my email
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by guyla: 3:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
Doctor i have objects that looks like entangled worms of different shapes in my eyes, i also have extremely itching case and my eyes are always red pls is there any hope for me
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 3:22pm On Oct 27, 2014
kween01:
Gd mrning, and tanks for this gd will. pls I would like to refer you back to page 5, you did nt answer questions on d eye with Brown spot and fleshy , d one with pictures.
I av always seen d spot and d growth just as in d pix in my eye, the left part has started itching occasionally since last week, and I keep feeling like there is a dirt in it, yesternite it was painful. Though the stain had been there for a while, all the feelings started last week, pls wat can I do. Tanks.
the brown spot in ur eyes is looking like wot we call conjuctival naevus,even though I can't visualize it well.this is as a result of conjunctiva degeneration,litu or nothing can be done 2 dat..concerning the itching sensation,I tink u re reacting 2 some allergies,n drugs like mast cell stabilizers and antihistamines can take care of dat..I wil advise u 2 visit an eye clinic asap
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yeesh(f): 3:27pm On Oct 27, 2014
Dear doc,tho av been diagnosed of myopia and allergic conjunctivitis since few years back.I was given meds and glasses but for quite,I dnt see properly at night except I'm wit a source of light or there's someone to guide my steps.I have fallen into ditches n sustained injuries cos of this and then there's dis pronounced superficial vein just beneath/beside my left eye.could I be suffering from night blindness and y is the vein so obvious?and also I squint a lot,especially wen walking under the sun and weneva i try to read or see something more clearly.tnx very mch
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 3:35pm On Oct 27, 2014
guyla:
Doctor i have objects that looks like entangled worms of different shapes in my eyes, i also have extremely itching case and my eyes are always red pls is there any hope for me
wot u see are wot we call floaters,mainly located in d aqueous humour,and sometimes in the vitreous..floaters in d vitreous calls 4 more concern cos of its strong rlatnship wit retinal detachment..aqeous floaters doesn't calls 4 too much concern,but because a problem wen it becomes recurrent or permanent..I wil advise u visit an eye clinic,so dat a proper diagnosis can be made
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 3:46pm On Oct 27, 2014
Yeesh:
Dear doc,tho av been diagnosed of myopia and allergic conjunctivitis since few years back.I was given meds and glasses but for quite,I dnt see properly at night except I'm wit a source of light or there's someone to guide my steps.I have fallen into ditches n sustained injuries cos of this and then there's dis pronounced superficial vein just beneath/beside my left eye.could I be suffering from night blindness and y is the vein so obvious?and also I squint a lot,especially wen walking under the sun and weneva i try to read or see something more clearly.tnx very mch
I will like 2 see a pix of the eye..u can possibly add me up on bbm or whatsapp..so I can get 2 tell u hw 2 go about it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.