Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (194899 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by CLIQBOY(m): 1:49pm On Feb 12, 2017
optm:
pls try visit an eye clinic. can't do much here.
Alright. Thanks Sir
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by meeky007(m): 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
CLIQBOY:
Alright. Thanks Sir
same to me its always red wen i take pic wit my fone

i don tire.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by obashiakpu(m): 5:55pm On Feb 19, 2017
Please what do i do? I experience blurred vision immediately after reading from computer or phone for a long time. I don't have any pain in the eye.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
obashiakpu:
Please what do i do? I experience blurred vision immediately after reading from computer or phone for a long time. I don't have any pain in the eye.
not much of a problem . jst visit an eye clinic. glasses wld help u.

2 Likes

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by obashiakpu(m): 10:57am On Feb 21, 2017
optm:
not much of a problem . jst visit an eye clinic. glasses wld help u.
Thanks for your quick response.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:42pm On Feb 21, 2017
obashiakpu:
Thanks for your quick response.
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jeffz: 8:54am On Mar 13, 2017
Had swollen eye in my left 5months back and i applied sugar which i felt it ws apolo and along with time the redness still continue i star using eyes drop and still red and when i wokeup it was okay and i went to work,at work something fell into the eyes which just get heal that was swollen ,and i scratch it abit and it was okay,when i got home it was not hurt me,and when i wokeup sunday for church,my eyes was bringing out tears,and i couldnt go to eye hopsital i waited till monday,when i wokeup monday morning my vision in that eye was clody,i'm so scared and is freaking me out,please doctor help so i can see clear;ly again,have visited the eye dr they gave me eye drops and still my vision is still cloudy in that eye,i visited te dr he gave me glasses that is the next step of treatment,but he refuse to tell me when i will go off this cloudy vision,i'm confuse and restkess,Please any one with the solution please help
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:56pm On Mar 13, 2017
Jeffz:
Had swollen eye in my left 5months back and i applied sugar which i felt it ws apolo and along with time the redness still continue i star using eyes drop and still red and when i wokeup it was okay and i went to work,at work something fell into the eyes which just get heal that was swollen ,and i scratch it abit and it was okay,when i got home it was not hurt me,and when i wokeup sunday for church,my eyes was bringing out tears,and i couldnt go to eye hopsital i waited till monday,when i wokeup monday morning my vision in that eye was clody,i'm so scared and is freaking me out,please doctor help so i can see clear;ly again,have visited the eye dr they gave me eye drops and still my vision is still cloudy in that eye,i visited te dr he gave me glasses that is the next step of treatment,but he refuse to tell me when i will go off this cloudy vision,i'm confuse and restkess,Please any one with the solution please help
what was your diagnosis? what eye drops were u prescribed? for how long have you been on these eye drops/ drugs? have u noticed any slight improvement since u began treatment?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jeffz: 6:54pm On Mar 13, 2017
Have not gotten much improvement,have been in this for 6months now,started last year oct,nw my vision is still cloudy,the doctor ask me to do cvs test to know if it is glucoma and i did and it was show that i don't have glucama,they gave me chlorophenico drops,vinino,and some which i cant remember,the doc said i need glasses,and i have not us glasses before,i ask him if it will bring my vision back to normal from cloudy,he never wanna tell me the facts,he keeps telling me with time it will go off and it;s 6months have been treating this cloudy vision,he said he wanna try glasses if it might be refractive errors,have use glass he gave me for 1month and still no improvement,i still feel pains in the left eye and headche,....please what is the solution to my clody vision is freaking me out making me restless and is affecting my future plans,please help with solution
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:25pm On Mar 13, 2017
Jeffz:
Have not gotten much improvement,have been in this for 6months now,started last year oct,nw my vision is still cloudy,the doctor ask me to do cvs test to know if it is glucoma and i did and it was show that i don't have glucama,they gave me chlorophenico drops,vinino,and some which i cant remember,the doc said i need glasses,and i have not us glasses before,i ask him if it will bring my vision back to normal from cloudy,he never wanna tell me the facts,he keeps telling me with time it will go off and it;s 6months have been treating this cloudy vision,he said he wanna try glasses if it might be refractive errors,have use glass he gave me for 1month and still no improvement,i still feel pains in the left eye and headche,....please what is the solution to my clody vision is freaking me out making me restless and is affecting my future plans,please help with solution
i think u should seek a second opinion else where. therez no eye drop called vinino . is the pain occasional? is the eye red still? which part of the head do u feel the ache? how long has the headache been? and has it been persistent? do pain reliefs help to stop the headache? do u experience d aches on wakings?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jeffz: 8:05pm On Mar 13, 2017
The eyes is no longer red,but the pains keep persisting and heacache,i do feel the pains in the left eye that is cloudy,and if i look at light at night it is scatter and shinny,and also if i love at object it is blurry,my major concern is how my cloudy vision will go off my left eye is not making me to see clearly
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
Jeffz:
The eyes is no longer red,but the pains keep persisting and heacache,i do feel the pains in the left eye that is cloudy,and if i look at light at night it is scatter and shinny,and also if i love at object it is blurry,my major concern is how my cloudy vision will go off my left eye is not making me to see clearly
i suspect lens opacity, nd possibly there could be rise in intra ocular pressure in that eye also. pls seek for a second opinion in another eye health facility immediately. Delay could be dangerous if there is actually a build up in intra ocular pressure in that eye. would advise you go for iop test . you examining doctor should be able to tell if there is lens opacity on examination. wish u the best of luck
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by donswizzi(m): 8:15pm On Mar 13, 2017
Hello, am short sighted. I've never used glasses or attempted any form of treatment and I'm 29 now, I'm afraid what it might result to in the near future. Pls what do you recommend9
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:42pm On Mar 13, 2017
donswizzi:
Hello, am short sighted. I've never used glasses or attempted any form of treatment and I'm 29 now, I'm afraid what it might result to in the near future. Pls what do you recommend9
how come u came up with a diagnosis of short sightedness? If u were short sighted as u claimed, how have u been coping? how long hv u been short sighted (from your diagnosis)?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jeffz: 6:50am On Mar 14, 2017
Okay sir,but the 2 doctor have visited none has told me about iop intra cular pressure,the first doctor told me I have astigmatism in the left eye,that I need glasses to correct it,and the second doctor said I haave refractive error that I needed glasses to correct them,if the glasses didn't perfect it after 4 to 6month then he said he will put me on medication,I'm so confuse,please if it is lens opacity as you said wat will be the solution?..and is that the reason why I have cloudy vision in the left eye?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:05am On Mar 14, 2017
Jeffz:
Okay sir,but the 2 doctor have visited none has told me about iop intra cular pressure,the first doctor told me I have astigmatism in the left eye,that I need glasses to correct it,and the second doctor said I haave refractive error that I needed glasses to correct them,if the glasses didn't perfect it after 4 to 6month then he said he will put me on medication,I'm so confuse,please if it is lens opacity as you said wat will be the solution?..and is that the reason why I have cloudy vision in the left eye?
ok first for him to say if glasses doesn't work, he would put u on medication ,calls for questioning in my perspective because if he actually diagnosed a refractive error (which in your case was said to be astigmatism), no drug would cure a refractive error except by glasses, contact lens or some special kinds of surgery(which isn't a common practice in Nigeria based on technological draw back). i wouldn't want to blindly assume their diagnosis to be wrong as i didn't carry out any test on u; they did. Where do u live?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jeffz: 7:38am On Mar 14, 2017
Okay,but now,I want to know how I can get out of the cloudy vision,and I now see double vision image since the eye prob starred last year october,,,I'm so afraid of all these dr,they keep given diff reason why my vision is cloudy,they first doctor I met,that one gave me 2eye drops and drops,he ask me to come back in a month time,I came and I told him my vision is still cloudy,he said will give me drops and drugs again,I did and collected it,in 3weeks time I visited him and told him say,he said I hv astigmatism and refrative error,that I will need glasses,I was like he is not too sure of is diagnosis,well I feel pains in the left eye so much,most especially when I'm sleeping,hearing sound in the eye and pains and headcahe,..I live in edo state Nigeria
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:55am On Mar 14, 2017
Jeffz:
Okay,but now,I want to know how I can get out of the cloudy vision,and I now see double vision image since the eye prob starred last year october,,,I'm so afraid of all these dr,they keep given diff reason why my vision is cloudy,they first doctor I met,that one gave me 2eye drops and drops,he ask me to come back in a month time,I came and I told him my vision is still cloudy,he said will give me drops and drugs again,I did and collected it,in 3weeks time I visited him and told him say,he said I hv astigmatism and refrative error,that I will need glasses,I was like he is not too sure of is diagnosis,well I feel pains in the left eye so much,most especially when I'm sleeping,hearing sound in the eye and pains and headcahe,..I live in edo state Nigeria
. if u feel pain while sleeping, my brother i do not think it's just a refractive error. if your cloudy vision is as a result of lens opacity (cataract), then ,u would have to go for surgery.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by pweetyoge(f): 7:57am On Mar 14, 2017
Hello..pls i v dis stubborn chalazion on my left eye..it has refused to go even after the warm water compress, an eye drop i bought frm india n so many other home remedies. I dnt want an eye operation tho. What do u recommend?tnk u
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:05am On Mar 14, 2017
pweetyoge:
Hello..pls i v dis stubborn chalazion on my left eye..it has refused to go even after the warm water compress, an eye drop i bought frm india n so many other home remedies. I dnt want an eye operation tho. What do u recommend?tnk u
botulinum toxin injection could be tried if deemed fit by your examining doctor. Surgery could also be the last resort.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jeffz: 8:06am On Mar 14, 2017
But the doctors that diagonose me,they have never told me is a cataract,if I will hv to go for surgery or nt,I told them I do feel pains,they said is as a result of stress in the eyes,that wen I use glasses,with time it will go out,I'm so confuse,where is your address located in Nigeria?...what do you think is the cause of the pains?..during the first time the eye started bring out watery on sunday afternoon after church,there is no way I could visit the doctor,it was bringing iut watery and my vision was clear still not cloduy yet,it was when I wokeup monday morning to see the doctor I notice my eye was not too clear,when I check,my vision in that eye was cloudy,that is how my cloudy vision comes about,that sunday night my brother we sleep in the same bed together,was treying to change rest position,is hand hit my eye that was watery,is that the cause of my pains all this while in the eye?..if its is lens opacity,is there a perfect surgery for that?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:29am On Mar 14, 2017
Jeffz:
But the doctors that diagonose me,they have never told me is a cataract,if I will hv to go for surgery or nt,I told them I do feel pains,they said is as a result of stress in the eyes,that wen I use glasses,with time it will go out,I'm so confuse,where is your address located in Nigeria?...what do you think is the cause of the pains?..during the first time the eye started bring out watery on sunday afternoon after church,there is no way I could visit the doctor,it was bringing iut watery and my vision was clear still not cloduy yet,it was when I wokeup monday morning to see the doctor I notice my eye was not too clear,when I check,my vision in that eye was cloudy,that is how my cloudy vision comes about,that sunday night my brother we sleep in the same bed together,was treying to change rest position,is hand hit my eye that was watery,is that the cause of my pains all this while in the eye?..if its is lens opacity,is there a perfect surgery for that?
i suspect lens opacity and rise in iop as a complication arising from possibly inflammatory process triggered by the incident and possibly wasn't well managed medically. my assertion is based on the cause and some hints from your complaints . a high eye pressure could be the cause of the pain u experience. eye aches due to refractive error should not be experienced when the eyes are at rest (like in sleeping). as an eye health practitioner one could easily tell if a defect in vision is caused by refractive error. for the doctor to have said he would resort to using drugs if glasses do not work puts me in doubts about his diagnosis. like i initially stated i m not saying you have cataract or high iop cos no test was carried out to confirm these but they could be a possible cause for your symptoms.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jeffz: 8:49am On Mar 14, 2017
I noticce that ever sign I use the glasses he gave me for astigmatism,ground is not level for me anymore,image seen taller than the way they should,te first I put on the glass,I told him why is the ground so poked up,that is not level I hardly work with the glasses,ground not level,as I notice the change I had to stop using the glasses,I use it 3weeks,and it totally change the settings of my eyes,lights from car falls at night when I look at them,and ground not level,day light and night,I'm so confuse,he is a doctor he should hv know what kinda of glasses that should suit ground level balance,I want to go for other eye clinic today,should I tell the doctor that I hv use one glasses for 1month that change the layout of the ground not to be level??...how will the ground and image be level again as my normal eye were before I start using d glasses..
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:21am On Mar 14, 2017
Jeffz:
I noticce that ever sign I use the glasses he gave me for astigmatism,ground is not level for me anymore,image seen taller than the way they should,te first I put on the glass,I told him why is the ground so poked up,that is not level I hardly work with the glasses,ground not level,as I notice the change I had to stop using the glasses,I use it 3weeks,and it totally change the settings of my eyes,lights from car falls at night when I look at them,and ground not level,day light and night,I'm so confuse,he is a doctor he should hv know what kinda of glasses that should suit ground level balance,I want to go for other eye clinic today,should I tell the doctor that I hv use one glasses for 1month that change the layout of the ground not to be level??...how will the ground and image be level again as my normal eye were before I start using d glasses..
it happens at times and they may have to review the lens prescription. it wasn't a wise decision to have stopped using your glasses, u should have complained to the doctor about it first. It good u let the doctor know everything. best of luck
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jeffz: 9:26am On Mar 14, 2017
I called him,he said I should keep using it,but the settings of my eyes has change,that ground is no longer level..my eye was well level before now,just the cloudy vision only.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:52am On Mar 14, 2017
Jeffz:
I called him,he said I should keep using it,but the settings of my eyes has change,that ground is no longer level..my eye was well level before now,just the cloudy vision only.
ok since you are visiting another eye clinic, pls go with the glasses and tell your examining doctor everything .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by pweetyoge(f): 11:40am On Mar 14, 2017
[quote author=optm post=54569705]botulinum toxin injection could be tried if deemed fit by your examining doctor. Surgery could also be the last resort. [/quote
i dnt want surgery..i have had two growing up n it was nt because of chalazion tho. My parents ruled dt out and for the injection. Any side effects?what shud i expect? I know it is painful bt will it take it down once n for all..just tired of the way pple stare at me..it needs to go biko
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jeffz: 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
Okay I will thanks,please do you have ideal on when cloudy vision will go off?..and I hve floaters in the left eye that is normal,I don't knw how that came too.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:06pm On Mar 14, 2017
[quote author=pweetyoge post=54576450][/quote]no much side effect except lightening of the skin around where it was administered. in some cases, the injection may not remove the chalazion and surgery is usually the last resort. the surgery isn't a complicated one. U can discuss with your ophthalmologist as regards this. u would b fine .

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:08pm On Mar 14, 2017
Jeffz:
Okay I will thanks,please do you have ideal on when cloudy vision will go off?..and I hve floaters in the left eye that is normal,I don't knw how that came too.
my brother that isn't normal. how old are u?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:12pm On Mar 14, 2017
Jeffz:
if the cloudy vision is as a result of cataract , it would go after the cataract surgery

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.