Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,374 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195436 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by kannyluv(f): 10:00am On Mar 29, 2019
odimbannamdi:

Hello Kannyluv,

How is your nephew's eye now. I really hope he is recuperating and seeing well with the eye now.

I am in a similar situation right now. Someone flung PET bottle and it hit me in the right eye. It happened early this month and most of the symptoms i was experiencing earlier has subsided, but i keep seeing this flashing light at the corner of the eye, my vision is still blurry and my pupils are dilated. I went to General Hospital, Lagos Island, last week thursday and i was given a stroid-based eye drop (to constrict the pupil) and prednisolone or so for the blurry vision.

But i still feel i need some more extensive examination. I would be glad if someone recommend a good hospital in Lagos for an examination. I am considering Eye Foundation, VI, or Metro Eye Clinic, Ikoyi, because they are closest to me. But i am open to better recommendations.

CC: optm, Drsteroid

he is not seeing well,....No money for surgery .......
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by odimbannamdi(m): 10:02am On Mar 29, 2019
kannyluv:
he is not seeing well,....No money for surgery .......

This is really heartbreaking!

Please, how do i reach u?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Geminita: 10:23pm On Apr 10, 2019
optm:
your right eye isn't perfectly fine either although it has better vision than the left eye. standard vision is 6/6 . you would likely be needing glasses to help both eyes see better

hello.. good evening doctor.. finally, I have got an eye glass and it's coated with Antireflective transition.. thanks so much for the attention
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:53am On Apr 11, 2019
Geminita:

hello.. good evening doctor.. finally, I have got an eye glass and it's coated with Antireflective transition.. thanks so much for the attention
uwlcm dear Geminita.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 5:22pm On Apr 20, 2019
Good day optm, i've been having blurry vision and feeling dizzy for the past two weeks. I've gone for a test and my blood level was a little below the normal range and also mild typhoid was present. I've taken the prescribed drugs but the condition didn't improve. Is there an underlying cause?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2019
Karrma:
Good day optm, i've been having blurry vision and feeling dizzy for the past two weeks. I've gone for a test and my blood level was a little below the normal range and also mild typhoid was present. I've taken the prescribed drugs but the condition didn't improve. Is there an underlying cause?
hi dear I 'll advise you go back to ur general physician for further evaluation and get their opinion on the state of your systemic health with the recommended treatment and get back to me. wishing u quick recovery
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2019
optm:
hi dear I 'll advise you go back to ur general physician for further evaluation and get their opinion on the state of your systemic health with the recommended treatment and get back to me. wishing u quick recovery
Okay. Thank you, I'll do that and give you a feedback
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 11:02pm On Apr 20, 2019
Karrma:
Okay. Thank you, I'll do that and give you a feedback
OK wld b waiting
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Tayomi37(m): 10:47am On May 14, 2019
Good day Doc, l just got my pair of glasses yesterday bit what I noticed till now is that I have pains in the eye and side of the head. The discomfort is much. Does eye glasses do that for beginners?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by prettyjo(f): 11:02am On May 14, 2019
i need help.
any alternative to myopia asides surgery.i am tired of wearing glasses,have worn it for 12 years now.
is there any thing like medicated contact lens and can supplements improve my eyesight
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by prettyjo(f): 11:02am On May 14, 2019
Tayomi37:
Good day Doc, l just got my pair of glasses yesterday bit what I noticed till now is that I have pains in the eye and side of the head. The discomfort is much. Does eye glasses do that for beginners?
yes,with time you will get used to it.when i started mine i was always feeling dizzy and having headache.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:30pm On May 14, 2019
Tayomi37:
the prescription needs to be reviewed. you should report to the clinic on the discomfort you are having using the glasses.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:32pm On May 14, 2019
prettyjo:
i need help.
any alternative to myopia asides surgery.i am tired of wearing glasses,have worn it for 12 years now.
is there any thing like medicated contact lens and can supplements improve my eyesight
yes you can opt for contact lenses but you must take hygiene serious if you re to use one.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by prettyjo(f): 2:52pm On May 16, 2019
optm:
yes you can opt for contact lenses but you must take hygiene serious if you re to use one.
can eye supplements containing lutein help improve vision
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:00pm On May 16, 2019
prettyjo:

can eye supplements containing lutein help improve vision
not improve vision perse but it helps in protecting the eyes from certain forms of damages . it's good for your eye health .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by prettyjo(f): 9:51pm On May 16, 2019
optm:
not improve vision perse but it helps in protecting the eyes from certain forms of damages . it's good for your eye health .
thank u very much
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 11:00pm On May 16, 2019
prettyjo:
thank u very much
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by castrosteve: 11:03am On May 23, 2019
Good day doc.. Pls I 2012 realised that I was to light sensitive and couldn't even look at the sky in the day for long .. By 2017 I developed floaters in my eyes..the doctor said it was macula degeneration ..another clinic gave me photochromic glasses.. When I returned to Uch for retina check up , after flashing that high of light into my dilated pupils ..I realised later that night that when I look at a white source of light I see rainbow and scattered rays ...I went back again and realised that both yellow and white bulbs show scattered rays and rainbow... Since February 2019 I have not gone back cos it seems the more the check at Uch they more I develop issues...now I don't use the photochromic glasses anymore cos it gives more scattered rays .. I use sun shade to reduce the light intensity as everything outside especially during a sunny day reflects scatteredly in2 my eyes..from reflection on car screens from the sun to reflective surface.. Its giving me inconvinences and worries.. I can read perfectly well ..I can see far and neat objects perfectly well .i have don sugar test..eye pressure test the results were ok.. and am just 29 yrs
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:56pm On May 24, 2019
castrosteve:
Good day doc.. Pls I 2012 realised that I was to light sensitive and couldn't even look at the sky in the day for long .. By 2017 I developed floaters in my eyes..the doctor said it was macula degeneration ..another clinic gave me photochromic glasses.. When I returned to Uch for retina check up , after flashing that high of light into my dilated pupils ..I realised later that night that when I look at a white source of light I see rainbow and scattered rays ...I went back again and realised that both yellow and white bulbs show scattered rays and rainbow... Since February 2019 I have not gone back cos it seems the more the check at Uch they more I develop issues...now I don't use the photochromic glasses anymore cos it gives more scattered rays .. I use sun shade to reduce the light intensity as everything outside especially during a sunny day reflects scatteredly in2 my eyes..from reflection on car screens from the sun to reflective surface.. Its giving me inconvinences and worries.. I can read perfectly well ..I can see far and neat objects perfectly well .i have don sugar test..eye pressure test the results were ok.. and am just 29 yrs
hi dear . the symptoms you are experiencing actually calls for concern. since you have visited the hospital, I can't really tell what is being missed unless I m able to examine you. halos( rainbows around lights ) could indicate high eye pressure, ocular media opacities, even refractive errors like astigmatism. do u experience headaches /eye pain occasionally associated with nausea, red eyes?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by castrosteve: 8:27pm On May 24, 2019
I only get headaches when i suddenly look into a very bright light.. But no nausea or redness... How can I get to your hospital
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sophiaugo: 7:17am On May 25, 2019
Hello doctor,i used my contact lens yesterday,and after removing it the right side of my eyes still feels like i have something in it,though no redness,itching,discharge or swollen
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:51am On May 25, 2019
castrosteve:
I only get headaches when i suddenly look into a very bright light.. But no nausea or redness... How can I get to your hospital
which state are u residing?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:54am On May 25, 2019
Sophiaugo:
Hello doctor,i used my contact lens yesterday,and after removing it the right side of my eyes still feels like i have something in it,though no redness,itching,discharge or swollen
OK give it sometime and observe. how long have u been using Contact lenses?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sophiaugo: 11:02am On May 25, 2019
optm:
OK give it sometime and observe. how long have u been using Contact lenses?
2 months now
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by castrosteve: 1:59pm On May 25, 2019
optm:
which state are u residing?
Am in Ibadan Oyo state
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:18pm On May 25, 2019
castrosteve:

Am in Ibadan Oyo state
oh I m quite far. in one of the northern states. please do go back to the uch and let them re- examine the eyes. just give it a trial once more . I do not know of any eye clinic there I can make recommendations of.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:22pm On May 25, 2019
Sophiaugo:
2 months now
OK you can request comfort drops from your eye clinic and endeavour not to allow the contact lens stay on ur eyes more than the recommended hours and also pay attention to hygiene . I m sure u ll be fine .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by castrosteve: 5:49pm On May 25, 2019
optm:
oh I m quite far. in one of the northern states. please do go back to the uch and let them re- examine the eyes. just give it a trial once more . I do not know of any eye clinic there I can make recommendations of.
OK thanks a lot... But if you have any recommendations in Kaduna you can let me know..
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jbblues24(m): 6:56pm On May 25, 2019
I like your idea :-)
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:37pm On May 25, 2019
castrosteve:

OK thanks a lot... But if you have any recommendations in Kaduna you can let me know..
OK you can try Thelish eye centre Kaduna. I learnt they are good
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by jbblues24(m): 7:41pm On May 25, 2019
How many roundhouse kicks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? Just one. From Oga Ade.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sophiaugo: 7:52pm On May 25, 2019
optm:
OK you can request comfort drops from your eye clinic and endeavour not to allow the contact lens stay on ur eyes more than the recommended hours and also pay attention to hygiene . I m sure u ll be fine .
thank you doctor

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.