Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,795 members, 7,820,793 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (53) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195571 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:15pm On May 31, 2019
nectarina:

Thanks doctor,she will do that
it's a pleasure
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Beautiful4u(m): 8:38pm On Jun 04, 2019
Good evening Dr. I feel pain, headache and redness on my left eye. The headache. And redness increase when my eye is exposed to light. What do I do sir
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2019
Beautiful4u:
Good evening Dr. I feel pain, headache and redness on my left eye. The headache. And redness increase when my eye is exposed to light. What do I do sir
there are different causes of such and it would require alot of questionings and an examination to tell what's wrong with your eye. you just have to see an eye care professional ASAP
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by toniotonero(m): 11:41pm On Jun 04, 2019
Evening doc, dis happened early dis morin, tho it was smal den & dark but by evening became very red
I'm already using visine eye drops
Plz wat's ur suggestion

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:34am On Jun 05, 2019
toniotonero:
Evening doc, dis happened early dis morin, tho it was smal den & dark but by evening became very red
I'm already using visine eye drops
Plz wat's ur suggestion
hi . this is a sub conjuctival hemorrhage. it would resolve on it's own and u do not require drugs to get it cleared. discontinue d visine drop. u can apply warm compress to hasten its resolve. how did u come about the redness? did something happen to d eye or it u just suddenly noticed it?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by oxypress: 6:22am On Jun 05, 2019
hbot and the eye:
With hyperbaric oxygen therapy you can improve the outcome of your services to your patients
. Eyecare providers should take note of the underlisted conditions to enhance the outcome of treatments of their patients: It is all in the interest of your patients. We can assist if you refer:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/19024664/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/18348877/?i=4&from=/19024664/related
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ntyce(m): 12:04pm On Jun 05, 2019
@ optm,

My kid of 1year 4 months had swollen eyes with pus discharge, took him to hospital and the doc admitted him saying he would need close monitoring.
He place placed on Metronidazole, the pus stopped and redness also cleared but still swollen.
3 days later, a consultant came and prescribed Rocephin saying the initial wasn't as effective as it should.
He has been on the Rocephin now for 3 days with no remarkable difference.

Pls do you have any further recommendations as I'm sick of the boy being in the hospital.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:49pm On Jun 05, 2019
ntyce:
@ optm,

My kid of 1year 4 months had swollen eyes with pus discharge, took him to hospital and the doc admitted him saying he would need close monitoring.
He place placed on Metronidazole, the pus stopped and redness also cleared but still swollen.
3 days later, a consultant came and prescribed Rocephin saying the initial wasn't as effective as it should.
He has been on the Rocephin now for 3 days with no remarkable difference.

Pls do you have any further recommendations as I'm sick of the boy being in the hospital.
hi there. what was the diagnosis? orbital cellulitis? give it time. drugs doesn't work by magic . I m sure your baby would be fine and if there isn't improvement as you say, the attending consultant would know what next is to be done. just be patient with them and allow them do their job. wishing your baby quick recovery
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Reinah(f): 2:03pm On Jun 05, 2019
drsteroid:
I am an Eye doctor, I discovered through clinical experience that most Patients don't really know about some basic things and problems affecting the eyesn and these has led to simple eye problems being seen as complicated and frightening to most patients and they don't really know how to go about it. There are some eye problems that are hereditary,which requires normal routine eye examinations but due to ignorance most patients tend to lose their sight to eye problems that could have been prevented. I want to use this opportunity to enlighten us and provide solutions to problems affecting the eyes,in line with WHO Vision 2020-Right to sight for all, so all questions concerning the eyes are welcomed

Good day, Doc.

I have been short-sighted since 2015 but lately, I noticed some difficulties seeing the faces of people about 10-15 feet away from me. I would see their body but the face will be blurry. Is this also part of the former problem or something new?

Also, I don't like wearing my glasses because my eyes get painful and my head aches when I wear it for long. Do you think contact lens would be safer.?
Thank you smiley
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:13pm On Jun 05, 2019
Reinah:

Good day, Doc.

I had been short-sighted since 2015 but lately, I noticed some difficulties seeing the faces of people about 10-15 feet away from me. I would see their body but the face will be blurry. Is this also part of the former problem or something new?

Also, I don't like wearing my glasses because my eyes get painful and my head aches when I wear it for long. Do you think contact lens would be safer.?
Thank you smiley
how old are you?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by toniotonero(m): 3:21pm On Jun 05, 2019
optm:
hi . this is a sub conjuctival hemorrhage. it would resolve on it's own and u do not require drugs to get it cleared. discontinue d visine drop. u can apply warm compress to hasten its resolve. how did u come about the redness? did something happen to d eye or it u just suddenly noticed it?
good afternoon doc
was accidentally elbowed why struggling to enter a bus
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:29pm On Jun 05, 2019
toniotonero:

good afternoon doc
was accidentally elbowed why struggling to enter a bus
sorry about that. u re a lagosian i presume .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Reinah(f): 3:42pm On Jun 05, 2019
optm:
how old are you?
I'm 20 years old
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:40pm On Jun 05, 2019
Reinah:
I'm 20 years old
ok . you are having issues upon prolong use of your glasses cos it probably isn't the right prescription. glasses re safer than Contact lenses. Contact lenses are safe as well if you re hygiene conscious and u stick to d recommended usage. you should go to a good eye clinic for a re examination . your not being able to see faces clearly at certain distances could be due to the refractive error most likely or something more; but only when you go for an eye exam can you know what exactly is the cause . shalom
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Beautiful4u(m): 5:09pm On Jun 05, 2019
optm:
there are different causes of such and it would require alot of questionings and an examination to tell what's wrong with your eye. you just have to see an eye care professional ASAP
I went to the eye clinic today and I was given some drugs and eye drops. I am getting better now . Thank you doctor
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:20pm On Jun 05, 2019
Beautiful4u:
I went to the eye clinic today and I was given some drugs and eye drops. I am getting better now . Thank you doctor
It's my pleasure. wishing u a quick recovery
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by drsteroid(m): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2019
Reinah:

Good day, Doc.

I have been short-sighted since 2015 but lately, I noticed some difficulties seeing the faces of people about 10-15 feet away from me. I would see their body but the face will be blurry. Is this also part of the former problem or something new?

Thank you smiley
Good day
Firstly,I will like to know how long you have been using ur glasses?
The blurry vision u experience when looking at distance object is as a result of refractive error, that was why you were given a Spectacle prescription to nullify the discomfort. You must always put on your glasses for you to get a better vision.
Contact lenses can also be prescribed, you can discuss this with your Eye Doctor.Thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by victory148(m): 8:44pm On Jul 02, 2019
Good evening sir,
Please I will like to speak with you personally for an issue I will like to explain
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:59pm On Jul 02, 2019
victory148:
Good evening sir,
Please I will like to speak with you personally for an issue I will like to explain
it would be better u mention who u intend speaking with
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by victory148(m): 9:02pm On Jul 02, 2019
optm:
it would be better u mention who u intend speaking with
I'm sorry for that, I meant speaking with you. How do I reach you?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
victory148:

I'm sorry for that, I meant speaking with you. How do I reach you?
send a pm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sophiaugo: 1:54pm On Jul 17, 2019
Good noon doctor, am asking on behalf of my friend, she's been having serious migraines lately and the doctors say its because of her the issues with her eyes, the thing there is she hates wearing glasses, pls what do u advice she does.thanks
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2019
Sophiaugo:
Good noon doctor, am asking on behalf of my friend, she's been having serious migraines lately and the doctors say its because of her the issues with her eyes, the thing there is she hates wearing glasses, pls what do u advice she does.thanks
it's important your friend avoids the triggers to her migraine and if her uncorrected refractive error precipitates such, she should try wear her prescription always. Have u tried finding her reasons for not wanting to wear her glasses? That would be a good place to start .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Sophiaugo: 6:29pm On Jul 17, 2019
optm:
it's important your friend avoids the triggers to her migraine and if her uncorrected refractive error precipitates such, she should try wear her prescription always. Have u tried finding her reasons for not wanting to wear her glasses? That would be a good place to start .
says the glasses feels heavy on her ears
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by victory148(m): 7:27pm On Jul 17, 2019
Good evening doc,
After treating conjunctivitis, I noticed my eye vision is not that clear but when I yawn everything become crystal clear temporarily then reverts. I'm also noticing halos around lights.What might be the issue?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:53am On Jul 18, 2019
Sophiaugo:
says the glasses feels heavy on her ears
on her ears? Let her change the frame to something lighter and If her lenses are thick, she should go for ultra thin lenses. she may feel more comfortable after this. She should return to her eye doc and discuss her discomforts .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:17am On Jul 18, 2019
victory148:
Good evening doc,
After treating conjunctivitis, I noticed my eye vision is not that clear but when I yawn everything become crystal clear temporarily then reverts. I'm also noticing halos around lights.What might be the issue?
how old are you? Is the halo's observed by one or both eyes? Well you should visit your eye doc so the y investigate the cause of your experiencing halos. Amongst which are insufficient tears, increased pressure in the eye (iop), astigmatism, lens opacity, or when your cornea retains much fluid . We cannot actually assess you for these online u know. My dear you should go see your eye doc
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by victory148(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2019
optm:
how old are you? Is the halo's observed by one or both eyes? Well you should visit your eye doc so the y investigate the cause of your experiencing halos. Amongst which are insufficient tears, increased pressure in the eye (iop), astigmatism, lens opacity, or when your cornea retains much fluid . We cannot actually assess you for these online u know. My dear you should go see your eye doc
I'm 23 it's actually in one eye. It appears to be brighter kinda than the other.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:20pm On Jul 18, 2019
victory148:

I'm 23 it's actually in one eye. It appears to be brighter kinda than the other.
u should visit the eye clinic for your eyes to be examined
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Winner4Life: 1:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
My Step-daughter has growth on one eye which is spreading fast. Any prescription drug for it please?
She is thirty.
Is it only removable via operation?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by noble4d(m): 5:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
Hello doc. pls how can I clear stains from the white part of my eyes?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
Winner4Life:
My Step-daughter has growth on one eye which is spreading fast. Any prescription drug for it please?
She is thirty.
Is it only removable via operation?
hi dear such growth spreading fast calls for great concern. The nature of growth determines the management approach. A biopsy may be needed as well. Please let her go see her eye doc ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.