Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,222 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195335 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:27am On Jan 28, 2021
Antiochus:

IKOLA is not far from command it's within Ipaja axis. State hospital here shouldn't charge that much right? In my state hospital consultation fee is 1k. I was shocked yesterday when that private hospital billed me 25k as consultation fee.
lolz . State hospitals should be cheaper but i really do not know how much they charge. Another thing is, they may not be having an eye clinic . Do your findings

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by precadel: 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2021
Hi doc. I was having headaches and eye aches so I went to the hospital and the doctor prescribed glasses for me. Then my mum called the doctor and the doctor said it's because of my phone and computer usage. Please what's is defect I am having because the doctor didn't explain to me. Also when I went to meet the lady in charge of lens I opted in for photochromic, hope it won't affect the original lens prescribed by the doctor. Although the doctor said to try use the glasses for 4months and get back to him but I don't know the name of my defect as it is shocking to me. Also does it really take that long to get the lenses?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:16pm On Jan 29, 2021
precadel:
Hi doc. I was having headaches and eye aches so I went to the hospital and the doctor prescribed glasses for me. Then my mum called the doctor and the doctor said it's because of my phone and computer usage. Please what's is defect I am having because the doctor didn't explain to me. Also when I went to meet the lady in charge of lens I opted in for photochromic, hope it won't affect the original lens prescribed by the doctor. Although the doctor said to try use the glasses for 4months and get back to him but I don't know the name of my defect as it is shocking to me. Also does it really take that long to get the lenses?
hi there, i really can't be specific on a diagnosis but i am certain you are having a refractive error which could be hyperopia, astigmatism or myopia. Your choice of a photochromic lens wouldn't affect your Dr's original prescription . You should be fine using your glasses
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by precadel: 2:05pm On Jan 30, 2021
optm:
hi there, i really can't be specific on a diagnosis but i am certain you are having a refractive error which could be hyperopia, astigmatism or myopia. Your choice of a photochromic lens wouldn't affect your Dr's original prescription . You should be fine using your glasses
Thanks doc. Just got the glasses now.. I don't know if it's because I am using glasses for the first time but it feels very weird...it is falling sef.
Please take a look at the right and left stuff they wrote in the paper

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
precadel:

Thanks doc. Just got the glasses now.. I don't know if it's because I am using glasses for the first time but it feels very weird...it is falling sef.
Please take a look at the right and left stuff they wrote in the paper
this tells you are having astigmatism. Use if for some time and see if you can adapt to it and hopefully relief you of your headaches
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by precadel: 8:59pm On Jan 30, 2021
optm:
this tells you are having astigmatism. Use if for some time and see if you can adapt to it and hopefully relief you of your headaches
Thanks doc�

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:30pm On Jan 30, 2021
precadel:

Thanks doc�
uwllcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 1:13pm On Feb 15, 2021
Hello Doc.

I have an eye glass prescribed by an ophthalmologist which I have been using for some time but I saw one online and I so much love the frame but it has diopters which means the lens are not ordinary lens I told the seller I need one without prescribed lens but he said he doesn't have that. Please if you can put me through which lens is suitable for someone with 6/5-3 and 6/9 visual acuity from the picture attached below.

I just need to buy the right one that suit my Visual Acuity.

Cc: optm

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:48pm On Feb 15, 2021
Antiochus:
Hello Doc.

I have an eye glass prescribed by an ophthalmologist which I have been using for some time but I saw one online and I so much love the frame but it has diopters which means the lens are not ordinary lens I told the seller I need one without prescribed lens but he said he doesn't have that. Please if you can put me through which lens is suitable for someone with 6/5-3 and 6/9 visual acuity from the picture attached below.

I just need to buy the right one that suit my Visual Acuity.

Cc: optm
it doesn't work that way . There's no way one can tell your lens power without having you undergo the required test. Since you so love the frame, you can get any of them and take it to your eye Dr to have your prescription put into it
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 2:34pm On Feb 15, 2021
optm:
it doesn't work that way . There's no way one can tell your lens power without having you undergo the required test. Since you so love the frame, you can get any of them and take it to your eye Dr to have your prescription put into it

Alright thanks. I made enquiries about govt hospitals in Lagos I was told patients use to flood their eye section so I have to be there early. And it's possible i might not see the doctor that day. I just need to check my eye pressure to know the current reading because the Doc managing me told me if the pressure is still at 18 they'll have to change my drug. My last scheduled appointment was last week Friday but I couldn't go back to my state to see my Doctor. And this 25k this private hospital billed me is too much.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:59pm On Feb 15, 2021
Antiochus:

Alright thanks. I made enquiries about govt hospitals in Lagos I was told patients use to flood their eye section so I have to be there early. And it's possible i might not see the doctor that day. I just need to check my eye pressure to know the current reading because the Doc managing me told me if the pressure is still at 18 they'll have to change my drug. My last scheduled appointment was last week Friday but I couldn't go back to my state to see my Doctor. And this 25k this private hospital billed me is too much.
other clinics around you would charge lesser fee. If you can come to VI, with 7k you would be attended to; iop inclusive .

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 7:58am On Feb 17, 2021
optm:
other clinics around you would charge lesser fee. If you can come to VI, with 7k you would be attended to; iop inclusive .

Doc is there any danger in applying two Betaxolol drops into each eye?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:46pm On Feb 17, 2021
Antiochus:

Doc is there any danger in applying two Betaxolol drops into each eye?
you mean applying two drops rather than 1? That's a waste of eye drop as the cul de sac can only hold one drop at a time
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 3:27pm On Feb 17, 2021
optm:
you mean applying two drops rather than 1? That's a waste of eye drop as the cul de sac can only hold one drop at a time

I apply one to an eye wait for the eye to absorb it then apply another before moving to the next eye to do same. I have been doing that since November last year when my iop measured 18.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:37pm On Feb 17, 2021
Antiochus:

I apply one to an eye wait for the eye to absorb it then apply another before moving to the next eye to do same. I have been doing that since November last year when my iop measured 18.
lolz, why's that? Weren't you told how to use your drops? That's wrong, u should use as instructed and if it's not bringing down your iop to targeted level, the Dr knows what to do .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 3:47pm On Feb 17, 2021
optm:
lolz, why's that? Weren't you told how to use your drops? That's wrong, u should use as instructed and if it's not bringing down your iop to targeted level, the Dr knows what to do .

Don't mind me Doc. I thought may be the one drop is not enough. Though I don't miss the application twice daily as instructed. I spot a private eye clinic around yesterday I'll visit there on Friday to check my iop.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:48pm On Feb 17, 2021
Antiochus:

Don't mind me Doc. I thought may be the one drop is not enough. Though I don't miss the application twice daily as instructed. I spot a private eye clinic around yesterday I'll visit there on Friday to check my iop.
ok then
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 11:44am On Feb 20, 2021
Doc optm,please help me,am so depresse,its like life is over whenever i think of my predicament. It happened last year april,i woke up with a blur on my left eyes and it was sensitive to d sun.i went to d optamology,i did visual field test and it was noted i had several large scar all over my left eye.d doc recomend drugs to me and told me to use eye glasses.i was heartbroken when i was told i could pass it to my future children.i dont even know if it is glaucoma.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:09pm On Feb 20, 2021
Yemialade:
Doc optm,please help me,am so depresse,its like life is over whenever i think of my predicament. It happened last year april,i woke up with a blur on my left eyes and it was sensitive to d sun.i went to d optamology,i did visual field test and it was noted i had several large scar all over my left eye.d doc recomend drugs to me and told me to use eye glasses.i was heartbroken when i was told i could pass it to my future children.i dont even know if it is glaucoma.
how do you want me to help ? I would love to know your Dr's diagnosis to start with
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 6:25pm On Feb 20, 2021
Glaucoma.my doc ask my mom how it begins,she said since i was a child that she tink its not sumtin serious that whenever am looking at someone the left eye look at other direction.i didnt know this my friends told me about this in school and i told my mom about it.but she took it lightly.i dont have any symptoms until last year.i woke up and couldnt see again with my left eye.the right eye is in perfect condition.my doc only told me i have several large scars on retinas,molecule.thats all i know.@optm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:29pm On Feb 20, 2021
Yemialade:
Glaucoma.my doc ask my mom how it begins,she said since i was a child that she tink its not sumtin serious that whenever am looking at someone the left eye look at other direction.i didnt know this my friends told me about this in school and i told my mom about it.but she took it lightly.i dont have any symptoms until last year.i woke up and couldnt see again with my left eye.the right eye is in perfect condition.my doc only told me i have several large scars on retinas,molecule.thats all i know.@optm
ok so you have strabismus (half pas eye) right ? And the Dr also diagnosed you of unilateral glaucoma (just the left eye) right?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 6:31pm On Feb 20, 2021
Yes sir.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 6:39pm On Feb 20, 2021
Dr optm,is this how i will live with one eye till i grow old and die.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:36pm On Feb 20, 2021
Yemialade:
Dr optm,is this how i will live with one eye till i grow old and die.
the stabismus has been since childhood right?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 10:20pm On Feb 20, 2021
Yes doc optm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:17am On Feb 21, 2021
Yemialade:
Yes doc optm
now, is your concern about the strabismus or your not being able to see clearly with that eye ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 8:06am On Feb 21, 2021
My concern is not been able to see clearly with d left eye.@optm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:30am On Feb 21, 2021
Yemialade:
My concern is not been able to see clearly with d left eye.@optm
there's every high chance that the vision in the left eye has always not been great because of the likelihood of it being amblyopic as a result of the strabismus (half pas eye). Since vision in the other eye can help you carry out your daily activities, you can function optimally and the effect of the poor vision in the left eye wouldn't be significantly felt. Cheer up. It shouldn't cause you depression as there are millions of persons in your shoes and more in worse conditions who cannot see. What you should do is ensure you regularly go for eye check and take care of the good eye . You could also seek a second opinion on your diagnosis.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
Thanks so much doc optm,dats exactly what my doc told me that i should protect my right eye like my life depend on it.that i must get a eye glasses and am on medications.To be sincere,i cried at night before going to sleep asking so many unaswered questions of why me,i feel helpless,no one knows how i feel.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2021
Yemialade:
Thanks so much doc optm,dats exactly what my doc told me that i should protect my right eye like my life depend on it.that i must get a eye glasses and am on medications.To be sincere,i cried at night before going to sleep asking so many unaswered questions of why me,i feel helpless,no one knows how i feel.
not many are as fortunate as you are and would give an arm and leg to get sight restored just in one eye . It's needless dwelling on what you cannot change . You should rather focus on how best you can function with the situation at hand. Cheer up pls
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 3:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
Thank you sir,may God uplift you in your career in jesus name.@optm.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:55pm On Feb 21, 2021
Yemialade:
Thank you sir,may God uplift you in your career in jesus name.@optm.
Amen and thanks . Best wishes

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.