Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,853 members, 7,817,525 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (82) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (195256 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 4:03pm On Feb 21, 2021
Doc am curious o.when am in school for my clearance in january,a blind guy sat down beside me and how he operate his phone amazes me,he called his friend himself without any help,he was such a funny guy when he says 'ola if i catch you i will squeeze you: D person sitting beside him(a stranger) mocks him that how can he say that since he is blind,i want to punch him in d face but i cant because of my condition.The blind guy then ask me to support him to his friend hostel,i feel like to protect him against bullies,he told me to go that he is ok.DO blind people go to eye hospital,can they restore their sight.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:49pm On Feb 21, 2021
Yemialade:
Doc am curious o.when am in school for my clearance in january,a blind guy sat down beside me and how he operate his phone amazes me,he called his friend himself without any help,he was such a funny guy when he says 'ola if i catch you i will squeeze you: D person sitting beside him(a stranger) mocks him that how can he say that since he is blind,i want to punch him in d face but i cant because of my condition.The blind guy then ask me to support him to his friend hostel,i feel like to protect him against bullies,he told me to go that he is ok.DO blind people go to eye hospital,can they restore their sight.
well, there are programs and aids for blind / persons with low vision to help them function optimally and with minimal or no assistance.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 8:21pm On Feb 21, 2021
Ok doctorthanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by UzomaFC: 12:16am On Feb 22, 2021
Good morning Dr,
Please my question is about my daughter.
she is 9 years old and she always complain: 1. That her eyes is paining her
2. That water drops from her eyes whenever she is at the school looking at the board
3. That she finds it some times hard to see correctly what is on the board

I have taken to Niger optical and the Indian Dr. will always prescribe some set of drugs( Tablets and eye drops) for her to use whenever there's pain
and also that she doesn't need glasses.

so please what's your advice since she is still complaining.

Regards
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 1:23pm On Feb 22, 2021
optm:
Amen and thanks . Best wishes
Can amblyopia be cured sir
Like CAn the blur eye be sharp again
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:58pm On Feb 22, 2021
Akinola100:

Can amblyopia be cured sir
Like CAn the blur eye be sharp again
it depends
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:59pm On Feb 22, 2021
Yemialade:
Ok doctorthanks.
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:03pm On Feb 22, 2021
UzomaFC:
Good morning Dr,
Please my question is about my daughter.
she is 9 years old and she always complain: 1. That her eyes is paining her
2. That water drops from her eyes whenever she is at the school looking at the board
3. That she finds it some times hard to see correctly what is on the board

I have taken to Niger optical and the Indian Dr. will always prescribe some set of drugs( Tablets and eye drops) for her to use whenever there's pain
and also that she doesn't need glasses.

so please what's your advice since she is still complaining.

Regards
well from these written here , i ll suspect a refractive error but can't be so certain unless i get to examine her. I'll suggest you seek a second opinion else where too if you can. When she uses the drug, does it help in resolving her symptoms?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 3:09pm On Feb 22, 2021
optm:
it depends
Like how sir
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:24pm On Feb 22, 2021
Akinola100:

Like how sir
Age of the patient , severity of amblyopia and also compliance of the patient in treatment are some factors that could influence treatment outcome
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Akinola100: 11:11pm On Feb 22, 2021
optm:
Age of the patient , severity of amblyopia and also compliance of the patient in treatment are some factors that could influence treatment outcome
An adult like an 18 year old nko?
Would it influence treatment outcome
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:05am On Feb 23, 2021
Akinola100:

An adult like an 18 year old nko?
Would it influence treatment outcome
well of course i doubt much can be done for this age, nevertheless there are studies that adults could be treated for amblyopia aswell . Well, I am yet to manage one , hence i cannot give an opinion based on experience .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Mizik(m): 5:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
zlatan1:
I was operated on corneal laceration many years back ever since then the eye has deviated .....pls what caln be done
Hi please message me on whatsapp
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Excel70: 7:31pm On Mar 16, 2021
optm:
well of course i doubt much can be done for this age, nevertheless there are studies that adults could be treated for amblyopia aswell . Well, I am yet to manage one , hence i cannot give an opinion based on experience .
Hi doc, do glasses wear out. I am starting to feel symptoms which my glasses were correcting before.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:05am On Mar 17, 2021
Excel70:

Hi doc, do glasses wear out. I am starting to feel symptoms which my glasses were correcting before.
not really but your refractive power might have changed and would likely be needing a new prescription . You should go for another eye exam. It is advised to review your lens prescription once in 2years but eye examinations should be yearly
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 8:51pm On Mar 26, 2021
Had my IOP checked today it measured 16/18.
She dialated the eyes and said no noticable damage to the optic nerves so I was asked to come back in 3 months time she said I should prepare for the 3rd CVF test to know if there is a progression. Still on Betaxolol.

Cc: optm

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 2:13pm On Mar 27, 2021
Antiochus:
Had my IOP checked today it measured 16/18.
She dialated the eyes and said no noticable damage to the optic nerves so I was asked to come back in 3 months time she said I should prepare for the 3rd CVF test to know if there is a progression. Still on Betaxolol.

Cc: optm
oh that's fine.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 4:54pm On Mar 27, 2021
optm:
oh that's fine.

You mean the 16/18 measurement are ok?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:39pm On Mar 27, 2021
Antiochus:

You mean the 16/18 measurement are ok?
they are within the normal pressure range but the goal is achieving a pressure value where there ll be no progression of the disease

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 7:13pm On Mar 28, 2021
Happy sunday optm.i just got slapped on my face today at my left side of my face by my father due to some misunderstanding ,hope it wont affect my eye health am using glasses and my medication. 2)can you recomend a eye hospital @lagos to me. Thanks.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2021
Yemialade:
Happy sunday optm.i just got slapped on my face today at my left side of my face by my father due to some misunderstanding ,hope it wont affect my eye health am using glasses and my medication. 2)can you recomend a eye hospital @lagos to me. Thanks.
hi yemi. Hope you have resolved whatsoever misunderstanding you are having with your dad ? Well, i cannot tell if it impacted on your eyes in any way but its good your are thinking about meeting with a professional to examine you. Well, i practice in lagos and if you would like to use our health facility, you could request for the address via dm .
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Yemialade(f): 12:01am On Mar 30, 2021
@optm thanks for your kindness,m planning on relocating to lag after my nysc so i can continue my eye checkup.am still in ibadan receiving treatment@nhis police headquarters hospital.i will be glad to come to your hospital when i come to lagos.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 7:38am On Mar 30, 2021
optm:
they are within the normal pressure range but the goal is achieving a pressure value where there ll be no progression of the disease

My heart use to beat heavily when I'm worried or depressed which usually leads to headache. I hope this does not increase IOP?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:28am On Mar 30, 2021
Yemialade:
@optm thanks for your kindness,m planning on relocating to lag after my nysc so i can continue my eye checkup.am still in ibadan receiving treatment@nhis police headquarters hospital.i will be glad to come to your hospital when i come to lagos.
ok that's fine then
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:33am On Mar 30, 2021
Antiochus:

My heart use to beat heavily when I'm worried or depressed which usually leads to headache. I hope this does not increase IOP?
well, try to get enough rest and not overwork yourself with worries. Worry over a thing doesn't change the thing. You should probably seek the help of a counselor or a psychologist .

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Antiochus(m): 9:49am On Mar 30, 2021
optm:
well, try to get enough rest and not overwork yourself with worries. Worry over a thing doesn't change the thing. You should probably seek the help of a counselor or a psychologist .

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:54am On Mar 30, 2021
Antiochus:

Thanks.
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Elliot2(m): 3:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
optm:
uwlcm
Doc., please help! Since 12yrs ago I have been battling with constant and severe eye pains in my right eye. At this point it causes the eye to squint and weak, and I find it very difficult to look side ways to the right side.
What I know could be the cause is that, sometime in 2009 I was deepfrying some fish when I mistakenly used a wet spoon to dip into the frypan with hot oil and so it exploded and caused the hot oil to splash into my eye. Ever since then my right eye has been in great tension. I feel dragging in the nerves. The issue has cost my life ambitions, it has recked my life! It has cost me my self esteem due to the fact I cant maintain eye contact conversations. I lose balance in crowd, I have 24/7 migrains in the right eye. I have great confusion in focusing on objects as the ĺeft eye(which is calm and okay) and the right eye can not align.
Welĺ, I have been to several hospitals including Teaching Hospital,Gwagwalada, Abj; I have been to UPTH, Port Hascourt; Teaching Hospital, Bayelsa and a host of other eye clinics. All I get is eyeglass recommendation and few histamine and related drugs. They don't work and I am tired. Please help me!
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 4:33pm On Mar 30, 2021
Elliot2:
Doc., please help! Since 12yrs ago I have been battling with constant and severe eye pains in my right eye. At this point it causes the eye to squint and weak, and I find it very difficult to look side ways to the right side.
What I know could be the cause is that, sometime in 2009 I was deepfrying some fish when I mistakenly used a wet spoon to dip into the frypan with hot oil and so it exploded and caused the hot oil to splash into my eye. Ever since then my right eye has been in great tension. I feel dragging in the nerves. The issue has cost my life ambitions, it has recked my life! It has cost me my self esteem due to the fact I cant maintain eye contact conversations. I lose balance in crowd, I have 24/7 migrains in the right eye. I have great confusion in focusing on objects as the ĺeft eye(which is calm and okay) and the right eye can not align.
Welĺ, I have been to several hospitals including Teaching Hospital,Gwagwalada, Abj; I have been to UPTH, Port Hascourt; Teaching Hospital, Bayelsa and a host of other eye clinics. All I get is eyeglass recommendation and few histamine and related drugs. They don't work and I am tired. Please help me!
i empathize with you about your predicament. What were the Dr's findings so i know how best to advise or counsel you as i cannot do much unless i get to examine you in person
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Elliot2(m): 5:11pm On Mar 30, 2021
optm:
i empathize with you about your predicament. What were the Dr's findings so i know how best to advise or counsel you as i cannot do much unless i get to examine you in person
Thank you! That is the problem—none of them told me what really is wrong with the eye. Everyone of them just kept exclamating and shouting at me for joking with my eyesight, telling me that they are very bad. And that I should have started using glasses long ago. Even though I use the glasses, the pressure in the eye wont just stop. The pain is unbearable. I feeĺ it deep inside straight passing through the ear to the back of the head or skull, and paralysis down to the right side of the nose and the jaw. What I know is that I never had eye issue until that incidence, it is that effect of the hot oil that splashed into the eye, but the doctors all disagree with me on that.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:18pm On Mar 30, 2021
Elliot2:
Thank you! That is the problem—none of them told me what really is wrong with the eye. Everyone of them just kept exclamating and shouting at me for joking with my eyesight, telling me that they are very bad. And that I should have started using glasses long ago. Even though I use the glasses, the pressure in the eye wont just stop. The pain is unbearable. I feeĺ it deep inside straight passing through the ear to the back of the head or skull, and paralysis down to the right side of the nose and the jaw. What I know is that I never had eye issue until that incidence, it is that effect of the hot oil that splashed into the eye, but the doctors all disagree with me on that.
how old are you? Have you experienced any temporary vision loss ?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Elliot2(m): 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2021
optm:
how old are you? Have you experienced any temporary vision loss ?
I am 28yrs. No. But I have very blurred eyesight which I attribute to the numerous herbal stuffs I have put in the eyes over the years to treat the eye.

(1) (2) (3) ... (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) (85) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.