Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes - Health (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes (194667 Views)

Nigeria's Roadside Eye Doctor Performs Operations Under Lagos Bridge. Shocking! / Home Accident: Pressure Cooker Regulator Lodges In The Eye (Viewer Discretion) / Ask The Pharmacist (If you have any questions,(FEEL FREE TO ASK ME) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:17am On Dec 09, 2022
ebenezer880:

I'm just 24years
is there any person in the family having same issue? You have to be examined to rule out myopia, deficiency in vit A, retinitis pigmentosa. These are possible causes.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:22am On Dec 09, 2022
Jaelluiz:
Good Morning Doc, I have had intermittent pain around my temple area starting August 2022. Then I started to have double vision and pain inside my eyeballs. I went to an eye clinic, eyes checked, nothing came out of the check except I was given glasses which included UV filtering which improved my visual clarity greatly. I was also given maxi tears for dry eyes.

Symptoms still persisted despite wearing glasses and using eye drop. On the request of an ER doctor, I have done a CT of the brain which found nothing. I have seen an ENT for possible sinus issues and they found nothing still. As of now, I have dull persistent burning pain feeling in both eyes, intermittent shooting pain feeling at the back of both eyeballs from time to time and a dull headache in the temple region.

Your advise will be highly appreciated.
how old are you? Aside the pain and ache, what about the double vision? Has it resolved?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:26am On Dec 09, 2022
Astonmartin:
Good morning Doc

For a long time now I always have this eye problem that comes and goes.
It comes in the form of a small reddish but painful lump on one of my eyelids and after some days it will disappear and reappear on the other eye to continue with the torture
I've have taken a lot of pills for it but none seems to work well,what can I do about this ?
possibly an hordeoleum. Go for an eye examination. There are possible factors causing its recurrence
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:28am On Dec 09, 2022
Chee59:
Hey Doki, I use - 11.
Yeah, a very pretty short sighted chica.
your myopia is quite high. Ensure you make your eye check a routine thing
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ebenezer880(m): 12:40pm On Dec 09, 2022
optm:
is there any person in the family having same issue? You have to be examined to rule out myopia, deficiency in vit A, retinitis pigmentosa. These are possible causes.
.. no one has this issues
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 1:21pm On Dec 09, 2022
ebenezer880:
.. no one has this issues
i can't tell much other than advising you go to the clinic for an examination

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ebenezer880(m): 2:52pm On Dec 09, 2022
optm:
i can't tell much other than advising you go to the clinic for an examination

I want to try out this eye drop. Viz hypromellose
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 7:39pm On Dec 09, 2022
ebenezer880:

I want to try out this eye drop. Viz hypromellose
you'll be wasting your money trying to self medicate. Why not convert the money you'll be using to do trial and error in self medicating to make an appointment at the eye clinic?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jaelluiz: 8:55pm On Dec 09, 2022
optm:
how old are you? Aside the pain and ache, what about the double vision? Has it resolved?

Male 30. When I wear my glasses, things are very clear but once I take them off, I feel like the double vision is worsening. As of now, the pain in the temple and and behind the eyeballs is my major issue.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by ebenezer880(m): 9:03pm On Dec 09, 2022
optm:
you'll be wasting your money trying to self medicate. Why not convert the money you'll be using to do trial and error in self medicating to make an appointment at the eye clinic?

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:32am On Dec 10, 2022
Jaelluiz:

Male 30. When I wear my glasses, things are very clear but once I take them off, I feel like the double vision is worsening. As of now, the pain in the temple and and behind the eyeballs is my major issue.
when you were examined, was your eye pressure checked? Also check to ensure your glasses are not tightly fitted on your face. Do you usually grind your teeth?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jaelluiz: 7:44am On Dec 11, 2022
optm:
when you were examined, was your eye pressure checked? Also check to ensure your glasses are not tightly fitted on your face. Do you usually grind your teeth?

Yes. My eye pressure was checked and the doctor says everything looked okay. Nothing significant. I actually went to two clinics because I wanted a second opinion. There was no memorable discovery in my eyes.

The glasses are not tight at all. I wear them easily and take them off easily. Also, I don't think I grind my teeth, I don't take notice of it.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 3:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
Jaelluiz:

Yes. My eye pressure was checked and the doctor says everything looked okay. Nothing significant. I actually went to two clinics because I wanted a second opinion. There was no memorable discovery in my eyes.

The glasses are not tight at all. I wear them easily and take them off easily. Also, I don't think I grind my teeth, I don't take notice of it.
ok is the eye pain a constant thing? Does it worsen with any particular activity or at certain times of the day ? Do you experience the pain on wakings?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jaelluiz: 6:58pm On Dec 12, 2022
optm:
ok is the eye pain a constant thing? Does it worsen with any particular activity or at certain times of the day ? Do you experience the pain on wakings?

Good Evening Doc. Trust you had a good day.

The pain comes on randomly. Sometimes I wake up feeling it, other times it comes up as the day progresses.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 8:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
Jaelluiz:

Good Evening Doc. Trust you had a good day.

The pain comes on randomly. Sometimes I wake up feeling it, other times it comes up as the day progresses.
good evening . Yes i had a good day; thank you.
Just to be sure, is the pain in one or both eyes ? Do you regularly use your glasses and does the pain come on when you are on glasses ? Does your eyes feel gritty, dry , peppery or itchy?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Jaelluiz: 6:25pm On Dec 13, 2022
optm:
good evening . Yes i had a good day; thank you.
Just to be sure, is the pain in one or both eyes ? Do you regularly use your glasses and does the pain come on when you are on glasses ? Does your eyes feel gritty, dry , peppery or itchy?

Good Evening Doc,

The pain in eyeball comes in one eye at a time, then may switch to the other eye.

I wear my glasses immediately I leave my bed and take it off only when I want to go to sleep.

I will say peppery best describes the feeling most times. Feels like a burning kind of sensation.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:44pm On Dec 13, 2022
Jaelluiz:

Good Evening Doc,

The pain in eyeball comes in one eye at a time, then may switch to the other eye.

I wear my glasses immediately I leave my bed and take it off only when I want to go to sleep.

I will say peppery best describes the feeling most times. Feels like a burning kind of sensation.
you may be having dry eyes. Artificial tear drops could be helpful.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by nikkyakins: 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2022
optm:
she will have to be admitted and placed on a course of antibiotics . you can share the scan result ofcourse
antibiotics for cellulitis available call 08034216721
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Meel: 4:22am On Dec 14, 2022
optm:
Good day Dr,

I am currently struggling with my vision now, I don't see things afar and I tend to strain my eye muscles to focus on images afar. Affecting me later on in the day, making my head banging. I struggle using PC daily that I have to place it nearer to my eyes before I can make adequate use of it.

I have visited a D.O sometimes ago and I have a glass. But it's not helping matters. Glasses tend to give me more pain In the eyes and when I complained when I got the glass earlier on, the Dr said I will get use to the glass and I will feel the pain no more.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:08am On Dec 14, 2022
Meel:

Good day Dr,

I am currently struggling with my vision now, I don't see things afar and I tend to strain my eye muscles to focus on images afar. Affecting me later on in the day, making my head banging. I struggle using PC daily that I have to place it nearer to my eyes before I can make adequate use of it.

I have visited a D.O sometimes ago and I have a glass. But it's not helping matters. Glasses tend to give me more pain In the eyes and when I complained when I got the glass earlier on, the Dr said I will get use to the glass and I will feel the pain no more.

go back to the Dr for a review of your lens prescription or try out another clinic
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by fawaz22(m): 8:03pm On Dec 16, 2022
optm:
you may be having dry eyes. Artificial tear drops could be helpful.
Hello doc
I noticed that the sclera of my eyeball is not white but yellow Patches and sometimes red and it also feels like there is particles in my eyes that makes it dry and tight,i can see very clearly both from distance and near.
So is there a medication to correct this condition and clear my eye ball.
Thank you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 9:47pm On Dec 16, 2022
fawaz22:
Hello doc
I noticed that the sclera of my eyeball is not white but yellow Patches and sometimes red and it also feels like there is particles in my eyes that makes it dry and tight,i can see very clearly both from distance and near.
So is there a medication to correct this condition and clear my eye ball.
Thank you
can you share a clear photo of what it's like?
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by fawaz22(m): 10:47am On Dec 17, 2022
optm:
can you share a clear photo of what it's like?
I am not sure this is clear enough

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 12:30pm On Dec 17, 2022
fawaz22:

I am not sure this is clear enough
the image is very blurry. I cannot get a good look at what's there but from the description you gave, it could be a pinguecula or pterygium and when inflammed could give you those symptoms you are having.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by fawaz22(m): 3:43pm On Dec 17, 2022
optm:
the image is very blurry. I cannot get a good look at what's there but from the description you gave, it could be a pinguecula or pterygium and when inflammed could give you those symptoms you are having.
I just search on Google and it is somehow similar to the images I see but not that severe
So what can I do.thank you sir
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 6:18pm On Dec 17, 2022
fawaz22:
I just search on Google and it is somehow similar to the images I see but not that severe
So what can I do.thank you sir
eye lubricants and anti inflammatory eye drops can be helpful. You should visit an eye clinic for treatment
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by Filly3(f): 7:38pm On Dec 17, 2022
God bless you richly Doc, you're doing a wonderful job.

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by fawaz22(m): 7:42pm On Dec 17, 2022
optm:
eye lubricants and anti inflammatory eye drops can be helpful. You should visit an eye clinic for treatment
thank you doc

1 Like

Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:54am On Dec 18, 2022
Filly3:
God bless you richly Doc, you're doing a wonderful job.
thank you
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 5:55am On Dec 18, 2022
fawaz22:
thank you doc
uwlcm
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by fiestajoe: 8:51am On Dec 21, 2022
Good day doc, pls I noticed I can't see object or read clearly anything very near to me cos they are always blurry and I always have a teary eyes maybe becos I'm always on the computer most time and it affects my right eye most. But I notice I can see far objects and words very clearly. I have gone to the clinic and I was given glasses to see words and object near to me. But the teary eyes still lingers. Pls what can i do.
Re: Ask The Eye Doctor Any Problem Concerning The Eyes by optm(m): 10:24pm On Dec 22, 2022
fiestajoe:
Good day doc, pls I noticed I can't see object or read clearly anything very near to me cos they are always blurry and I always have a teary eyes maybe becos I'm always on the computer most time and it affects my right eye most. But I notice I can see far objects and words very clearly. I have gone to the clinic and I was given glasses to see words and object near to me. But the teary eyes still lingers. Pls what can i do.
any associated itching, burning or peppery sensation, feeling of dryness in the eyes?

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (101) (Reply)

How To Gain Weigth Fast Within 2 Or 3weeks / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive / Dream Says Lot About Your Life Knows Yours Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.