Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? (3234 Views)

Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? / How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 9:03pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

May your magical jew prevent me from "ja sita".

amen o.

nl can only do so much.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:

amen o.

nl can only do so much.

And may you die very soon, so that you can hurry up and go to the kingdom.You'll then be exempted from "ja sita"

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by drstan(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
who are you to question your creator,His deeds, actions, spoken words, ? Be careful! The reason He (God) harden pharoah heart is best known to God, may be is even for your own good, you don't know, so stop questioning the unquestionable God, you know what He(God) ask job, when job was questioning God right? If job was unable to answer so stop the questioning! And face the important things of your life, the quest for knowledge that is what is destroying the whole world, wish adam and eve did not eat the fruit of knowledge, oh! How peaceful the world will be.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by itstpia1: 9:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

And may I die very soon, so that i can have some relief from my miserable existence.

I'll then be free from from my "ja sita"
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
[quote author=itstpia1][/quote]

Martians don't die, they ride chariots of fire into NeverNeverland where judeo- christians live as slaves. smiley We conquered heaven, enslaved the inhabitants and took them to NeverNeverLand.
I'll add you to my collection of slaves. I have one right now called yahweh and I'm sure you want to make his acquaintance.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 9:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
drstan: the quest for knowledge that is what is destroying the whole world,

Tpia's brother in self righteous ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by itstpia1: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

Martian always dies, riding chariots of dung into NeverNeverland as a slave. smiley

I am always a slave and have ja sita in addition to that.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by itstpia1: 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

martian's brother ja sita long ago
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
Okay, I'm done for the day. Let me go feed my dog, Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by itstpia1: 9:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian: Okay, I'm done for the day. Let me go ja sita since nl is not helping

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by drstan(m): 9:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

Tpia's brother in self righteous ignorance.
oh,*yawning* no time for you, I gat beter things to ok,
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Itusco: 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
drstan: who are you to question your creator,His deeds, actions, spoken words, ? Be careful! The reason He (God) harden pharoah heart is best known to God, may be is even for your own good, you don't know, so stop questioning the unquestionable God, you know what He(God) ask job, when job was questioning God right? If job was unable to answer so stop the questioning! And face the important things of your life, the quest for knowledge that is what is destroying the whole world, wish adam and eve did not eat the fruit of knowledge, oh! How peaceful the world will be.

God forbid that i question the unquestionable God.. But sometimes, we need clarification on controversial issues like this to strengthen our faith. Thank you all for your responses, what im going to conclude is that.. God was really bitter with Pharaoh and his people for their harsh treatment of his children. on that note, they all got what they deserved. may we never see the wrath of the creator of Heaven and Earth, the one who was, who is and who is to come. The author and the finisher of our faith!
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:20am On Sep 16, 2014
drstan: who are you to question your creator,His deeds, actions, spoken words, ? Be careful! The reason He (God) harden pharoah heart is best known to God, may be is even for your own good, you don't know, so stop questioning the unquestionable God, you know what He(God) ask job, when job was questioning God right? If job was unable to answer so stop the questioning! And face the important things of your life, the quest for knowledge that is what is destroying the whole world, wish adam and eve did not eat the fruit of knowledge, oh! How peaceful the world will be.

Ohhh, Christian, why do you always play that card when the illogic of your position is displayed for all to see? You want to convert people to your religion, your signature says so, but if the Muslims and Hindus and Pastafarians don't question their gods then how can they know they're worshipping the wrong god? If it's okay for them to question their faith, why not you? You're apologetic is lame.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 16, 2014
Itusco:

God forbid that i question the unquestionable God.. But sometimes, we need clarification on controversial issues like this to strengthen our faith. Thank you all for your responses, what im going to conclude is that.. God was really bitter with Pharaoh and his people for their harsh treatment of his children. on that note, they all got what they deserved. may we never see the wrath of the creator of Heaven and Earth, the one who was, who is and who is to come. The author and the finisher of our faith!

Brother let's not conclude just yet. I admire you for asking. God shouldn't be angry when we try to understand his nature better, and how do we know when we aren't curious enough to ask? A stage should come when your faith should be able to handle anything.

God created pharaoh so that he can harden his heart and destroy him to display his glory. Why? Simply because he can and wants to. If we delve into Romans 9 we'll see how "unjust" God’s really is. He picks favorites "even before the foundations of the world were laid" and he created people like me and Martian so that he will eventually destroy us and put us in eternal hell forever, not because we essentially wrong him but because it gives the sadistic mess he is deep pleasure.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Weah96: 4:24pm On Sep 16, 2014
Xcapist:

Brother let's not conclude just yet. I admire you for asking. God shouldn't be angry when we try to understand his nature better, and how do we know when we aren't curious enough to ask? A stage should come when your faith should be able to handle anything.

God created pharaoh so that he can harden his heart and destroy him to display his glory. Why? Simply because he can and wants to. If we delve into Romans 9 we'll see how "unjust" God’s really is. He picks favorites "even before the foundations of the world were laid" and he created people like me and Martian so that he will eventually destroy us and put us in eternal hell forever, not because we essentially wrong him but because it gives the sadistic mess he is deep pleasure.

PRECISELY!!!! There's no other way of looking at it, unless the attributes of the God in question are wrong. If this God has a blind spot, then other possibilities present themselves. But as long as humans claim that he's omnipotent and omniscient, then this write up of yours is the only logical extrapolation available.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2014
the bible can name kings that have no physical records, but the one with records till date, it does not mention any of the pharaohs name, what a scamming book

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by macof(m): 6:36pm On Sep 16, 2014

If we don't question the things pushed to us to believe how can we guarantee it is worth believing?
This ur logic is just too poor

4 Likes

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by UyiIredia(m): 8:14pm On Sep 16, 2014
The contextual meaning of God hardening Pharoah's heart was that God made Pharaoh more determined to refuse to let the Jews leave by his message and actions; not that God messed with Pharoah's free-will. In fact, I strongly doubt that there's any case in the Bible of God tampering with someone's free-will.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by macof(m): 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
UyiIredia: The contextual meaning of God hardening Pharoah's heart was that God made Pharaoh more determined to refuse to let the Jews leave by his message and actions; not that God messed with Pharoah's free-will. In fact, I strongly doubt that there's any case in the Bible of God tampering with someone's free-will.

And then do we really have freewill with a personality like the Bible's God?
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Ryabcool(m): 4:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
macof:

very good question.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Sep 17, 2014
UyiIredia: The contextual meaning of God hardening Pharoah's heart was that God made Pharaoh more determined to refuse to let the Jews leave by his message and actions; not that God messed with Pharoah's free-will. In fact, I strongly doubt that there's any case in the Bible of God tampering with someone's free-will.

This my brother is trying to say that water is not water but it's H2O.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by UyiIredia(m): 7:27pm On Sep 17, 2014
Xcapist:

This my brother is trying to say that water is not water but it's H2O.

Then I'm on safe ground because both H2O and 'water' describe the same thing though in different ways.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by UyiIredia(m): 7:30pm On Sep 17, 2014
macof:

I dont recall any atheist being struck down by lightning fore denying God. The Bible in Ecclesiastes confirms that God lets both rain and sun, fortunes and misfortunes on the just and unjust so it's safe tio assume that God granted men freedom of will.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2014
UyiIredia:

Then I'm on safe ground because both H2O and 'water' describe the same thing though in different ways.

Exactly, bro, both are saying that God hardened the heart of pharaoh. That's what the bible said after all, so you're not far from the mark.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by UyiIredia(m): 7:53pm On Sep 17, 2014
Xcapist:

Exactly, bro, both are saying that God hardened the heart of pharaoh. That's what the bible said after all, so you're not far from the mark.
You ignored the more important part showing that God's message and asctions are what hardended Pharoah. God did not and does not tamper with free will.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by ihedinobi2: 9:25pm On Sep 17, 2014
Uyi has answered you. I need add nothing more. The other answer I actually meant to give has also been given. You could say that I'm here merely for emphasis.

To start with, God does not tamper with people's power of choice. He is not low on persuasiveness. But even if He did, what right does anyone have to question His doing so? Do people question your right to do as you please with your possessions?
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by wiegraf: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2014
kayi....
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 17, 2014
wiegraf: kayi....
Na gaji, wallahi.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Jameselias: 11:20pm On Sep 17, 2014
You peole should not mistake jehovah of the israelity {just as the igbo's have there own amadioha} to be GOD the universal creator of all 'both the visible and invisible world' for if he is he will not be destroying, taking land, and killing his own creation just to protect some few he only god of isreality just as other clans both then and now have there owm god's too.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by macof(m): 12:41pm On Sep 18, 2014
UyiIredia:

I dont recall any atheist being struck down by lightning fore denying God. The Bible in Ecclesiastes confirms that God lets both rain and sun, fortunes and misfortunes on the just and unjust so it's safe tio assume that God granted men freedom of will.

And wats to say the Bible God has the power to strike anybody with lightening?
Am talking About the Bible God so keep it in the Bible

You know how many times the Bible God had commissioned attacks against those that didn't worship it?
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 18, 2014
macof:

And wats to say the Bible God has the power to strike anybody with lightening?
Am talking About the Bible God so keep it in the Bible

You know how many times the Bible God had commissioned attacks against those that didn't worship it?

And that time that it stroke down its worshipper for allegedly trying to support its ark, remember?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Video and pictures Pastor Caught Having Sex With Church Members Wife / Is President Obasanjo Really Born Again? / untold story Of Controversial Pastor AJANAKU

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.