Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,458 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? (3235 Views)

Isn't It Blasphemous To Call The Bible "God's Word" When It Makes Him Look Bad? / How Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart? / Is Satan Really Such A Bad Person? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 5:19pm On Sep 15, 2014

Exodus 1

Then a new king, to whom Joseph meant nothing, came to power in Egypt. 9 “Look,” he said to his people, “the Israelites have become far too numerous for us. 10 Come, we must deal shrewdly with them or they will become even more numerous and, if war breaks out, will join our enemies, fight against us and leave the country.”

11 So they put slave masters over them to oppress them with forced labor, and they built Pithom and Rameses as store cities for Pharaoh. 12 But the more they were oppressed, the more they multiplied and spread; so the Egyptians came to dread the Israelites 13 and worked them ruthlessly. 14 They made their lives bitter with harsh labor in brick and mortar and with all kinds of work in the fields; in all their harsh labor the Egyptians worked them ruthlessly.

15 The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah, 16 “When you are helping the Hebrew women during childbirth on the delivery stool, if you see that the baby is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live.” 17 The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live. 18 Then the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them, “Why have you done this? Why have you let the boys live?”

19 The midwives answered Pharaoh, “Hebrew women are not like Egyptian women; they are vigorous and give birth before the midwives arrive.”

20 So God was kind to the midwives and the people increased and became even more numerous. 21 And because the midwives feared God, he gave them families of their own.

22 Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: “Every Hebrew boy that is born you must throw into the Nile, but let every girl live.”

this is not a hard heart?
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 5:22pm On Sep 15, 2014

Exodus 3:

19 But I know that the king of Egypt will not let you go unless a mighty hand compels him.

Exodus 5

Afterward Moses and Aaron went to Pharaoh and said, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Let my people go, so that they may hold a festival to me in the wilderness.’”

2 Pharaoh said, “Who is the Lord, that I should obey him and let Israel go? I do not know the Lord and I will not let Israel go.”
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1: 1.

Exodus 1

this is not a hard heart?

There were 3 different Pharaohs.

1st Pharaoh: The one that made Joseph governor

2nd Pharaoh: The one whose daughter adopted Moses. And also, the one who started the whole oppression story.

3rd Pharaoh: The one who perished in the Red Sea.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 5:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
there were more than three pharaohs, but these are the ones whose actions are being examined directly.

joseph's own was far back in time.

the other two were directly involved in oppressing the Israelites.

the red sea pharaoh was the one who bore the brunt and major consequences of the actions of his predecessor.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1: there were more than three pharaohs, but these are the ones whose actions are being examined directly.

joseph's own was far back in time.

the other two were directly involved in oppressing the Israelites.

the red sea pharaoh was the one who bore the brunt and major consequences of the actions of his predecessor.

I never said there were only three Pharaohs in Egyptian history, just using what you posted to make you see the weakness of your argument. Before I pointed out that to you, your post seemed to lump all those three pharaohs as one and the same that began the oppression of the Jews and died in the Red Sea.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 5:54pm On Sep 15, 2014
^ if you read the whole chapter, you'll see where it said the old pharaoh died.

I didnt put that there because i didnt know you would assume i meant the pharaohs were the same.

why would i claim such when its clearly stated there was more than one pharaoh?

whenever you see something quoted, its always best to read as much of the context as possible, not only the few lines pasted.

besides, the fist quote was in response to martian and the second was a response to yours.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
Because it is a vainglorious, sadistic psychopathic being who enjoys setting people up and then punishing them for falling for it's trickery.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1: besides, the fist quote was in response to martian and the second was a response to yours.

That's your response?
Let me try again.

Martian:
the legend says your
1) your god killed all the first borns
2) It was because of Pharoah's hardened heart
3)god hardened paharoah's heart
Let's assume tpia1 was an Egyptian in this story. Who does Tpia1 blame for the death of his first born?
The Pharoah or God?
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1: I didnt put that there because i didnt know you would assume i meant the pharaohs were the same.

No he didn't.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by macof(m): 7:31pm On Sep 15, 2014
@OP the Bible is full of lies. That whole Israel as slaves in Egypt never happened. Egyptologist have not found any evidence of that

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by macof(m): 7:40pm On Sep 15, 2014
Belexy95: That was what pharoah wanted. God did not harden his heart, He only permitted pharoah to do so.
grin twisting the Bible, what a dumb Christian who doesn't read his Bible does

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by macof(m): 7:42pm On Sep 15, 2014
majorgr: If u culd research deeply, at the end of everything in the deep sea, God sent an angel to remove Pharoah from the see so he culd finally get to see His miraculous power and wonder at it. Pharoah at the end of everything believed God and worshipped Him. That's why the Bible said for unto this purpose you hav been risen to see d miraculous power of God. Yes he was jst an instrument whom God used to show forth His wonders, but at the end of it all, God had mercy on him and delivered him from death.

No pharaoh ever worshipped a foreign God, not even the Ptolemaic dynasty
The,most that happened was syncretism like wat the Nubian pharaohs did when they ruled Egypt
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 7:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

That's your response?
Let me try again.

Martian:
the legend says your
Let's assume Martian was an Egyptian in this story. Who does Martian blame for the death of his first born?
The Pharoah or God?

let me run my response by you one more time, try to read without cobwebs on your brain.

As i explained in (1)

Pharaoh ordered all hebrew male babies to be killed at birth.

the legend says your
1) your pharaoh killed all the male babies
3)Pharaoh did this because he did not believe in showing mercy
Let's assume Martian was an hebrew in this story. Who does Martian blame for the death of his male babies?
The Pharoah or God?
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 7:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
do not be in a hurry to type a d.umb response, thanks.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:
let me run my response by you one more time, try to read without cobwebs on your brain.
As i explained in (1)

How is the above a response to the question posed below? Forgive my cobwebb addled brain, but I don't see an answer to the question. The question is not about the hebrews first born.

Martian:
the legend says your
Let's assume, tpia1 was an Egyptian in this story. Who does Tpia1 blame for the death of his first born?
The Pharoah or God?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1: do not be in a hurry to type a d.umb response, thanks.

Since you want to imply that the pharoah is at fault for your god's murder of the first born of Egypt, is it just to kill Tpia's first born because of what Martian did?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1: 1.
As i explained in (1)

Before you type your next erudite post. Keep this in mind.

15 The king of Egypt said to the Hebrew midwives, whose names were Shiphrah and Puah, 16 “When you are helping the Hebrew women during childbirth on the delivery stool, if you see that the baby is a boy, kill him; but if it is a girl, let her live.” 17 The midwives, however, feared God and did not do what the king of Egypt had told them to do; they let the boys live. 18 Then the king of Egypt summoned the midwives and asked them, “Why have you done this? Why have you let the boys live?”

Despite's the pharoah's order, the hebrew kids were not killed but that didn't stop yahweh from killing the egyptians anyway.

22 Then Pharaoh gave this order to all his people: “Every Hebrew boy that is born you must throw into the Nile, but let every girl live.”

Was this carried out or not and if it was, did the Egyptians die off or did the women start conceiving "immaculately"?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 8:23pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

How is the above a response to the question posed below? Forgive my cobwebb addled brain, but I don't see an answer to the question. The question is not about the hebrews first born.

@ bolded: its good you know!!!!! Hope your cobwebs are able to clear some day.

now, lets address your fcuuk up one more time:

Martian:
Martian:
the legend says your
1) your god killed all martian's first borns
Let's assume Martian was an Egyptian in this story. Who does Martian blame for the death of his first born?
The Pharoah or God?

and

the legend says your
Let's assume Martian was an hebrew in this story. Who does Martian blame for the death of his male babies?
The Pharoah or God?

explain what your demented cognition is trying to say?
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:
@ bolded: its good you know!!!!! Hope your cobwebs are able to clear some day.
now, lets address your Bleep up one more time:
explain what your demented cognition is trying to say?

lol, Let's assume Tpia was an Egyptian in this story. Who does Tpia blame for the death of his first born?
The Pharoah or God?
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 8:26pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

lol, Let's assume Martian was an Egyptian in this story. Who does Martian blame for the death of his first born?
The Pharoah or God?

the legend says your
The Pharoah or God?

Speak with sanity bro.

What are you trying to say?

Clear your brain before typing.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Sep 15, 2014
the legend says your
The Pharoah or God?

I'll answer this question so you can have an example of how to answer mine. grin

In this situation, Martian would blame the pharoah.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:
Speak with sanity bro.
What are you trying to say?
Clear your brain before typing.

lmao, you know you typed those, right?
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 8:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

In this situation, Martian would blame the pharoah.

so whats your question?

kill begets kill, kindly stop belabouring the point.

what you sow is what you reap.

when you style yourself an evil person, dont complain when your evil comes back to you. God is not mocked.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:
so whats your question?

the legend says your
1) your god killed all first borns in Egypt

Let's assume Tpia was an Egyptian in this story. Who does Tpia blame for the death of his first born?
The Pharoah or God?
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:
God is not mocked.

There's no point in mocking the court jester when his life's already a joke.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 8:44pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

the legend says your
1) your pharaoh killed all martian's babies
The Pharoah or God?

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 8:45pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

There's no point in mocking the court jester when his life's already a joke.

joke's on you dear.
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:
joke's on you dear.

Maybe, but the exodus saga is a better joke smiley .
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

Maybe, but the exodus saga is a better joke smiley .

well, whatever helps you get some self esteem and keeps you from "ja sita"
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 8:55pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:
well, whatever helps you get some self esteem and keeps you from "ja sita"

Self esteem!
The jew worshipping negro tells someone to get some self esteem! Ha ha Priceless!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by tpia1: 8:58pm On Sep 15, 2014
Martian:

Self esteem!
The jew worshipping negro tells someone to get some self esteem! Ha ha Priceless!!

like i said, whatever prevents you from "ja sita"
Re: Why Did God Harden Pharaoh's Heart, Hence Making Him Look Like A Bad Person? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2014
tpia1:

like i said, whatever prevents you from "ja sita"

May your magical jew prevent you from "ja sita".

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rain Falls At Wuhan In China After TB Joshua’s Prophecy / Adeboye Announces Changes In RCCG Hierarchy / Video and pictures Pastor Caught Having Sex With Church Members Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.