Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,425 members, 7,830,125 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married (1771 Views)

I Have Regular Sex With A Married Woman! I Feel I Will Soon Be Caught / Photos: "Today I Married The Man I Met On Social Media. Don't Ignore All Your DM / See What The Woman I Want To Marry Is Doing To Me Cuz Of House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by igwe11(m): 8:01pm On Oct 31, 2008
Nl, i  need your contributions on the causes and solutions to this topic.
Thanks.
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by sistawoman: 8:04pm On Oct 31, 2008
Maybe you changed too.

Maybe they got married young and are finding themselves.

Maybe they have grown to hate you and thus act according.
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by MrCrackles(m): 8:06pm On Oct 31, 2008
no idea
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by igwe11(m): 8:07pm On Oct 31, 2008
solution nko!!

@MrCrackles

u say u no know, u go know when time don come, u go know!!!!!!!!
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by sistawoman: 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2008
igwe 1:

solution nko!!

Communication
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by MrCrackles(m): 8:10pm On Oct 31, 2008
sistawoman:

Communication

and plenty of di.ck/pussy action!!
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by igwe11(m): 8:11pm On Oct 31, 2008
sistawoman:

Communication
thanks sista, how? what will u be communicating about?
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by HRhotness(f): 8:12pm On Oct 31, 2008
can arise as a result of

~ getting married too young befor fully set in ur ways and ideas, and not continuing d growth with ur partner

~ not knwng each other that well, so having to deal with the fac that both parties want different things and to go in different directions

~ lack of comunication means u grow apart and begin to seek out differnt things
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by sistawoman: 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2008
igwe 1:

thanks sista, how? what will u be communicating about?

the problem:  Why have they changed.
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by Sauron1: 8:19pm On Oct 31, 2008
HR.hotness:

can arise as a result of

~ getting married too young before fully set in ur ways and ideas, and not continuing d growth with ur partner

~ not knwng each other that well, so having to deal with the fac that both parties want different things and to go in different directions

Brilliant!!!
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by PollMaster: 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2008
Did I marry you?
Pls leave me alone pls.
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by igwe11(m): 8:26pm On Oct 31, 2008
At what age is best to settle down for marriage for both male and female?
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by igwe11(m): 8:27pm On Oct 31, 2008
PollMaster:

Did I marry you?
please leave me alone please.
Are you in d wrong thread?
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by BabyJinx: 8:28pm On Oct 31, 2008
HR.hotness:

can arise as a result of

~ getting married too young befor fully set in ur ways and ideas, and not continuing d growth with ur partner

100% Correct.

Just want to add. . . hope is not lost. If the two are really invested in keeping this relationship going, they need to rediscover each other. Set time apart for each other. . . A JUST US TIME, start going on dates or just having dinner alone at home, alone. Dump the kids in the backyard or frontlawn. . . nah, I'm just kidding just makes sure they can't interrupt your US TIME. I can list many things but it boils down to this - REDISCOVERY.

Good Luck.
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by igwe11(m): 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2008
@Baby Jinx
How far!!!!!!
Are you a man or a woman? indicate asap grin grin grin grin grin
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by BabyJinx: 8:36pm On Oct 31, 2008
Why now? grin grin
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by Sauron1: 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2008
Baby Jinx:

100% Correct.

Just want to add. . . hope is not lost. If the two are really invested in keeping this relationship going, they need to rediscover each other. Set time apart for each other. . . A JUST US TIME, start going on dates or just having dinner alone at home, alone. Dump the kids in the backyard or frontlawn. . . nah, I'm just kidding just makes sure they can't interrupt your US TIME. I can list many things but it boils down to this - REDISCOVERY.

Good Luck.

Can this work?? JUST US TIME. . . . . .
What difference does it make WITH the kids or WITHOUT em. . . . . .
I am assuming a man and a wife sleep together in the same room, can't they resolve their issues at night or sumthing??

1 Like

Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by BabyJinx: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2008
~Sauron~:

I am assuming a man and a wife sleep together in the same room, can't they resolve their issues at night or something??

Like I said both party have to be invested in it. The reason they need an US time set aside, instead of just talking while in bed is MINDSET. In bed, they can be all "Oh I am too tired right now or I'm not ready for this" but with the US (COUPLE) time, you know you are having it. . . you prepare for it, there are no excuses. You sit down and talk. . . no doubt it's gonna be awkward in the beginning coz. . . well coz you are sitting across the table from someone you see everyday and you are supposed to talk to each, not at each other but with time, it gets better.

Besides, it gives the woman a chance to get into that "Oh my go, what am I gonna wear for my date tonight" frenzy. We like that, we may complain but we like it. grin

Of course this will only work if the couple isn't your typical Naija couple who think husband and wife don't have to be friends. Being parents and the occasional lovers is just fine. undecided
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by spikedcylinder: 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2008
People can actually fall out of love you know and its not their fault if they just don't love you anymore. Its hard to accept but it happens more often than not. undecided
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by chika98: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2008
igwe 1:

At what age is best to settle down for marriage for both male and female?

There's no set age per se. Whenever one feels they are ready to tolerate someone else's shit happily then I'd say go ahead.
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2008
~Sauron~:

I am assuming a man and a wife sleep together in the same room, can't they resolve their issues at night or something??

you'd be surprised what children prefer to do with their snooze time, a la 'crazy kid'
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by Cristalz(f): 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2008
@post

People change. Its anutha inevitable fact of life. As you grow older and various life experiences hit and affect you in various ways, you change accordingly and re-adjust your views and perspectives on issues. It most likely will affect your personality if you let it.

Solution to this as sistawoman said, is communication. Take your partner along with you. Share your life experiences,thots and feelings with each other. Go with the flow together. Share your desires,needs,wants with each other,and as much as possible experience them together. Where that's not possible( experiencing it together,that is), be fully aware of the experience and be supportive. Be there for your partner.That way,you remain in sync. You know why your partner is acting in a particular way and because you know and understand,you are able to adapt accordingly. That way, you both change,but together,and thus the understanding remains. Its like a positive growth change.

When there is no communication,one partner changes,leaving the other behind wondering what's wrong. And the funny thing is the one changing won't even realize it. Men are more guilty of this cos unlike women, sharing issues and feelings doesn't come naturally to them. Opening up is quite alien to their make-up, which is why a man's wife should also be his close friend. That way opening up will come easy.

Communication is best when its done without any rush. Spending quality time together factors here. Always create plenty of time for just hanging out and being friends,being a couple. Don't abandon the things you both loved to do while you were courting.  .  .they matter. Even after the kids are grown and gone,it will still be both of you so don't let that friendship die.

Friendship and love are like plants,remember. You've got to keep taking care of them,nurturing them,else they wither off and die. The withering process doesn't happen all of a sudden.  .  .its gradual. So gradual you may not notice till its too late to do anything. So don't take love,friendship,Us-time and communication for granted. They are the only ways to successfully cope with change,cos change is inevitable.

1 Like

Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by queenTG(f): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2008
consequence of giving someone to another without knowing each other or maybe he or her fund someone else easy guys
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by Sauron1: 9:40pm On Oct 31, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Like I said both party have to be invested in it. The reason they need an US time set aside, instead of just talking while in bed is MINDSET. In bed, they can be all "Oh I am too tired right now or I'm not ready for this" but with the US (COUPLE) time, you know you are having it. . . you prepare for it, there are no excuses. You sit down and talk. . . no doubt it's going to be awkward in the beginning because. . . well because you are sitting across the table from someone you see everyday and you are supposed to talk to each, not at each other but with time, it gets better.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. . . . . . .sometimes a man would still keep mum on issues like this.
A man can have an US-TIME for 24 hours and still bottle his emotions. . . . .

Of course this will only work if the couple isn't your typical Naija couple who think husband and wife don't have to be friends. Being parents and the occasional lovers is just fine. undecided

Typical Naija couple?? Are you from Togo??
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by ndumart: 9:46pm On Oct 31, 2008
In addition to the brilliant reasons given above, i will say these

1. You marry a slim woman thinking she will be that way all through but childbirth and other stress she faces makes her add some pounds of flesh. Then u realize, that was not who you married cos u still expect her to be that way. Nah, it doesn't work like that.

2.You marry a man and he is so cute with broad shoulders, flat tommy and so on but after some years of eating your meals he has these protruding stomach and u start comparing him with the man u married.

3. Many at times, during your courtship, u both spend time preparing for the wedding instead of the marriage.

4. You both believe in "they lived happily ever after". Marriage is much more complicated than that. Those novels you read are fictional.

5. You stop dressing to impress your spouse simply because you are married. ladies jettison all the wears that made them attractive in the first place and start tying wrappers all around the house. What happened to the micro minis, hipsters, lycras, three-quarters you used to wear b4 marriage? So because u are married u think u can wear whatever u like. Common there are so many sweet-sixteens out there looking for whom to snatch. You have to give them a run for their money. Men are attracted by what they see.

6. You stop communicating as you used to.

7. You stop telling each other "i love you".

8. You let the kids come in between you. Before the kids you both were together. In a few years all the kids will find their ways and you both will be left together again.

There are numerous reasons why one can say "you are no longer the same man/woman i married". I rest my case
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by PollMaster: 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2008
Baby Jinx:

Like I said both party have to be invested in it. The reason they need an US time set aside, instead of just talking while in bed is MINDSET. In bed, they can be all "Oh I am too tired right now or I'm not ready for this" but with the US (COUPLE) time, you know you are having it. . . you prepare for it, there are no excuses. You sit down and talk. . . no doubt it's going to be awkward in the beginning because. . . well because you are sitting across the table from someone you see everyday and you are supposed to talk to each, not at each other but with time, it gets better.

Besides, it gives the woman a chance to get into that "Oh my go, what am I going to wear for my date tonight" frenzy. We like that, we may complain but we like it. grin

WTF hav u sed with all this bullsh*t?
Nothing.
Please breathe bit(h.

~Sauron~:

Typical Naija couple?? Are you from Togo??
lmao.
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by Sauron1: 9:52pm On Oct 31, 2008
ndumart:

In addition to the brilliant reasons given above, i will say these
You marry a slim woman thinking she will be that way all through but childbirth and other stress she faces makes her add some pounds of flesh. Then u realize, that was not who you married because u still expect her to be that way. Nah, it doesn't work like that.

This point would def'ly drive me nutz!!!
When a man buys a BMW car. . . . .It might get old after some years but it won't increase in size.
Me thinks women tend to ignore their health issues after their wedding. . . . Afterall, they are now married. . . .there's no reason to keep fit and sexy like they were when they were still single n searching or fasting n praying for "Mr Right".
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by igwe11(m): 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2008
~Sauron~:

This point would def'ly drive me nutz!!!
When a man buys a BMW car. . . . .It might get old after some years but it won't increase in size.
Me thinks women tend to ignore their health issues after their wedding. . . . Afterall, they are now married. . . .there's no reason to keep fit and sexy like they were when they were still single n searching or fasting n praying for "Mr Right".

A nice one.
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by ndumart: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2008
@Sauron
I don't think adding weight comes only as a result of neglect. Some women are genetically configured to be fat and no amount of dieting or exercise can have effect on them. At times, fatness comes as a result of rest of mind. Check out a lady who has been praying for a husband for years and after getting married, the joy she feels within her alone is enough to make her blow up.

In another vein, a man who gets a well paying job after years of fruitless search will definitely balloon, unless fatness is not in his genes.

And does anyone believe there is a Mr or Miss Right somewhere. I just feel we are all striving for perfection. Every body has his/her own flaws.
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by Sauron1: 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2008
ndumart:

@Sauron
I don't think adding weight comes only as a result of neglect. Some women are genetically configured to be fat and no amount of dieting or exercise can have effect on them. At times, fatness comes as a result of rest of mind. Check out a lady who has been praying for a husband for years and after getting married, the joy she feels within her alone is enough to make her blow up.

Don't deceive yourself, hombre.
It's all about DISCIPLINE. If they watch what they EAT, DRINK(they won't go bazooka). . . . Trust me on that.
Letz take an average Naija woman's diet. . . . .She eats 5 kg of Eba at 10pm with 7 chunks of meat as support.
Technically, women older than 23 have stopped growing so why pile that amount of rubbish in their bellies in one night then sleep before the food gets a chance to digest. . . . .Abeg, no one is configured to be FAT. . . . .It's their lack of discipline and their gluttonous ways

In another vein, a man who gets a well paying job after years of fruitless search will definitely balloon, unless fatness is not in his genes.
And does anyone believe there is a Mr or Miss Right somewhere. I just feel we are all striving for perfection. Every body has his/her own flaws.

So a well paying job means people should eat like hungry Somali kids and grow fat??
I disagree with you. . . . . .Men should have self control over everything they do and NOT vice versa.
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by whatever90(f): 10:28pm On Oct 31, 2008
ndumart:

@Sauron

how i so agree wt u on dis,u r 100% right

smtimes its not wat one eats,but peace of mind,happiness,it can be at d place of work,marriage,health

comeon sm fat women u see dis days its not all about wat they eat,but the kinda rest they have in their minds
Re: You Are No Longer The Same Man/woman I Married by BabyJinx: 10:36pm On Oct 31, 2008
@PollMaster
shocked shocked shocked
Lawd-a-mercy! So much anger! What. . . did someone steal your school lunch?

Awwwww

@ ~Sauron~
Like I said both of 'em have to invested in making things right.

@ Ndumart
Well said! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

~~wahala Dey~~ / My White Girlfriend Pampers Me With Love In Bed / How Long Should One Mourn A Dead Partner Before Remarrying Or Dating Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.