Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,245 members, 7,829,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

~~wahala Dey~~ - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ~~wahala Dey~~ (1770 Views)

Wahala Dey / Wahala Dey O. My Ex Threatened To Kill Me! / Wahala Dey Ooooo! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

~~wahala Dey~~ by 190: 8:36am On Oct 07, 2009
These days you get to see people who date themselves for only

like 6months or less and then get married,what happened to the usual dating
like 2-3yrs,i mean marriage is not something that one rushes into cos its like a life time Investments

but instead you get to see people meet December and proposal follows January,marriage cards and I.V are up by march

and after a year or 2 of marriage wahala starts to gather momentum everywhere cos they ain't used to themselves,why do Girls of these

days Just flaunt themselves after a millionaire who they hardly know leaving their long term dating BF behind?
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by Nobody: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2009
My friend go and sit down!!

People date themselves for 5 years and still divorce months after the wedding. And people also get into an arranged marriage and have the best of it!

I dont need to date a man for 2 years to know if I can be happy with him in a marriage and if a man decides he wants to date me for 3years before he can determine if I'm 'marraigeable', then he's living in a dream world!!

Every body has problems in marriage, all we need is someone who'll be willing to compormise when necessary. IF my BF of 5 years is a selfish jackass, I wont think twice about dumping when Iwant to get married. tongue
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by 190: 9:23am On Oct 07, 2009
^^^

Typical example from someone who has already made the mistake of a life tyme~~ grin grin grin
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 07, 2009
190:

^^^

Typical example from someone who has already made the mistake of a life tyme~~ grin grin grin

Dream on! I'm too smart to make such a stupid mistake! tongue cheesy
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by candylips(m): 9:55am On Oct 07, 2009
long courtship is almost always good and short courtship is almost always bad
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 07, 2009
candylips:

long courtship is almost always good and shirt courtship is almost always bad

I disagree!
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by candylips(m): 10:26am On Oct 07, 2009
this is based on a balance of probabilities
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by Nobody: 10:30am On Oct 07, 2009
I really dont think it matters after all there is still "wahala" in marriages with long courtships. I however do advise the courtship is longer than 6months though. We all know that both parties are great actors during the relationship phase.
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by whitelexi(m): 11:01am On Oct 07, 2009
Ujujoan:

I disagree!

I dey your back wink

Yes, we disagree angry
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by whitesturd(f): 11:19am On Oct 07, 2009
I quite agree wiht d poster.long courtships are better than short.people nowadays go into marriage wtout realy knowing the other party,,like what he does 4 a living,d kinda family he/she comes from,their likes/dislikes,the kinda disease running in the family,e.t.c.dey end up getting married and realize that dey no little or next to nothing about each other.d poster is right wn he said girls leave their long time b/f to go afta a millionaire dy just met.it happened 2 a girl i know who left a guy she had been datin for 6 yrs 4 a new guy who jst got bk 4rm yankee 2 get a wifey.d guy is fuckin loaded and my babe jst disharge de long time b/f fast fast and de yankee guy carry am go.d marriage dnt last 6months.believe me
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by candylips(m): 11:22am On Oct 07, 2009
^^^ thank you. please tell them
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by smooooooth: 11:45am On Oct 07, 2009
4ck knowing someone for yrs. these days the 3-6months is the best. make money and buy a wife. she will know u in the marriage. thats better!
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by sexybabes(f): 12:13pm On Oct 07, 2009
whitesturd:

[b]I quite agree wiht d poster.long courtships are better than short.people nowadays go into marriage wtout realy knowing the other party,,like what he does 4 a living,d kinda family he/she comes from,their likes/dislikes,the kinda disease running in the family,e.t.c.dey end up getting married and realize that dey no little or next to nothing about each other.[/b]d poster is right wn he said girls leave their long time b/f to go afta a millionaire dy just met.it happened 2 a girl i know who left a guy she had been datin for 6 yrs 4 a new guy who jst got bk 4rm yankee 2 get a wifey.d guy is fuckin loaded and my babe jst disharge de long time b/f fast fast and de yankee guy carry am go.d marriage dnt last 6months.believe me

I've realize that it takes forever to know a person. You can be with some for 10 years and not really know that person. People let you know what they want you to know about them, if s/he still want you around s/he will show the side that s/he is nice and everything, and when s/he already got you when s/he wants you then you will see true colors of a person.
You can never really know someone!
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by izeek(m): 1:08pm On Oct 07, 2009
the length of courtship does not automatically gaurantee a brilliant married life.

i have seen a couple who dated wonderfully for 8yrs, and the very year they got married, also got a divorce.

although dating for long grants the opportunity to know each other better,
its never a surety that it would be.

i believe if you meet some and 6months later u both think its worth the risk, then go ahead.
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by tkb417(m): 1:12pm On Oct 07, 2009
if i want you to know me in 5 months, its possible, and if i dont want you to know me in a decade, you wont even with the help of a Dibia

it takes 2 to tangle.
Long courtship isnt always equal to a good marriage tho its better than a shorty one

as for me, i can get married to someone i met in 2 days
shebi na me wan marry, wetin concern mr poster inside this matter grin grin
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by izeek(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2009
stop giving that poor girl excuses why u wont marry her.

get ur ass settled and put her in the family way.

i always loved that word"family way" grin grin
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by 190: 1:37pm On Oct 07, 2009
izeek
what is it again,
why kant u let me breath fresh air

@poster
if someone marries within a short period of tyme
hoping to get to know the person he/she married within the
first few years of marriage is always COUNTER PRODUCTIVE~~
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 07, 2009
tkb417:

if i want you to know me in 5 months, its possible, and if i dont want you to know me in a decade, you wont even with the help of a Dibia

it takes 2 to tangle.
Long courtship isnt always equal to a good marriage tho its better than a shorty one

as for me, i can get married to someone i met in 2 days
shebi na me wan marry, wetin concern mr poster inside this matter grin grin

Exactly!!
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by pinkylady1(f): 1:40pm On Oct 07, 2009
sexybabes:

I've realize that it takes forever to know a person. You can be with some for 10 years and not really know that person. People let you know what they want you to know about them, if s/he still want you around s/he will show the side that s/he is nice and everything, and when s/he already got you when s/he wants you then you will see true colors of a person.
You can never really know someone!

there is no how he or she will completely hide his or her true nature without traces.
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 07, 2009
pinky lady:

there is no how he or she will completely hide his or her true nature without traces.

Those traces show even on the first month! It takes a silly person to ignore them!

If I date a guy for one week, I already have an idea of who he is. In a month, I can tell if I can live with him or not. No matter how hard he tries to pretend, you can always tell who a person is!

If you need 10 years to know if you can marry someone, then you'll never marry the person!
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by jaybee3(m): 1:45pm On Oct 07, 2009
Ujujoan:

Those traces show even on the first month! It takes a silly person to ignore them!

If I date a guy for one week, I already have an idea of who he is. In a month, I can tell if I can live with him or not. No matter how hard he tries to pretend, you can always tell who a person is!

If you need 10 years to know if you can marry someone, then you'll never marry the person!
Seems like you've not really met a pretender before. Just pray u don't meet one. jeez, making bold claims that u r now smarty pants in the act of relationship grin grin
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by whitelexi(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2009
I'm a good pretender, i can pretend to be the absolute best, but at the end of the day if i'm not interested, then i'm not interested. . . You'll only know it if i tell u so.
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by jaybee3(m): 1:51pm On Oct 07, 2009
whitelexi:

I'm a good pretender, i can pretend to be the absolute best, but at the end of the day if i'm not interested, then i'm not interested. . . You'll only know it if i tell u so.
GBAM
we know how we do it.
Funny thing is, statistically those that claim to have PIC detector embedded in them get random sampled the quickest. Ya dig?
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by ndumart: 1:54pm On Oct 07, 2009
Ujujoan:

Dream on! I'm too smart to make such a stupid mistake! tongue cheesy

Dont be too sure or you will be surprised. No one is smart in marriage.
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 07, 2009
jay bee:

Seems like you've not really met a pretender before. Just pray u don't meet one. jeez, making bold claims that u r now smarty pants in the act of relationship grin grin

Trust me hon, I can smell fraud from a mile a way and this is not just a bold claim! I only need to be with you for 1 month to tell you everythign about yourself. No matter how much you try to hide it, little things will give you away!!

No amount of pretending can make me not know, at least to a reasonable extent, if I can marry a guy after 2 months of meeting him. If he dosent do it to me, he'll do it to someone, and I'll know in my mind that one day it'll be my turn.

I've met a pretender before and I know exactly what I'm talking about.

The problem is that, people often ignore their instints or wish that the person will change, or think the wont practice some nasty habits on them! That's living in a fool's paradise as far as I'm concerned!!

Dont be too sure or you will be surprised. No one is smart in marriage.

I am!!
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by smooooooth: 2:05pm On Oct 07, 2009
Ujujoan:

Trust me hon, I can smell fraud from a mile a way and this is not just a bold claim! I only need to be with you for 1 month to tell you everythign about yourself. No matter how much you try to hide it, little things will give you away!!

No amount of pretending can make me not know, at least to a reasonable extent, if I can marry a guy after 2 months of meeting him. If he dosent do it to me, he'll do it to someone, and I'll know in my mind that one day it'll be my turn.

I've met a pretender before and I know exactly what I'm talking about.

The problem is that, people often ignore their instints or wish that the person will change, or think the wont practice some nasty habits on them! That's living in a fool's paradise as far as I'm concerned!!

I am!!

you shld be working for the EFCC. cheesy.
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by jaybee3(m): 2:07pm On Oct 07, 2009
^^
hmmmmm
do you know it actually takes close to entire life-time before you can fully discover someone (remember that's what makes relationships interesting).
Making hasty conclusions will only lead to alienation which in turn rock the foundation that ain't yet solid.
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by sexybabes(f): 2:14pm On Oct 07, 2009
@ Pinky lady & Ujujoan

What I'm saying is that a person will let u know what they want u to know about them. So u will neva really know someone not that one has to wait 10 years to know a person they gonna get married 2. It might even that six month if you feel like hez d right person. Depends really, no guarantees in this life!
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 07, 2009
jay bee:

^^
hmmmmm
do you know it actually takes close to entire life-time before you can fully discover someone (remember that's what makes relationships interesting).
Making hasty conclusions will only lead to alienation which in turn rock the foundation that ain't yet solid.

I dont expect perfection from anybody, but there are basic characteristics that makes a person who he is! I can never tell how a person will react in times of emergency untill I witness it (and that might not even happen in 10 years), but after a short while, I'll be able to predict.

I dont deny that I could be wrong, but I'm always right!  cheesy  cheesy

I dont make hasty conclusions. I give people benefit of doubts, but I also never turn a blind to thing, cos that alone can be decietful!!
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by 190: 2:23pm On Oct 07, 2009
well uve heard it all

people dont Jump into marriages especially if you havent dated that person for a while

6months to 1year is too small to date and marry someone you just met

dont go after his money and say you are Interested in him and you both would fall in love when

the marriage starts,its not atheletics so please ladies take out time to study your man before you tink about marrying him

short dating would NEVER WORK,after all we all have parents you definately can'T say your dad met your mom and marriedher

after 6months of dating~~

IT WOULD NEVER WORK UNLESS YOU BOTH ARE ABOVE 40YEARS AND TYME AINT ON YOU BOTH SIDE
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by jaybee3(m): 2:35pm On Oct 07, 2009
Ujujoan:

I dont expect perfection from anybody, but there are basic characteristics that makes a person who he is! I can never tell how a person will react in times of emergency untill I witness it (and that might not even happen in 10 years), but after a short while, I'll be able to predict.

I dont deny that I could be wrong, but I'm always right! cheesy cheesy

I dont make hasty conclusions. I give people benefit of doubts, but I also never turn a blind to thing, cos that alone can be decietful!!

I do understand where ur coming from but it's still a dangerous road to thread. do you know by being too vigilant one gets to be really picky which can decide the destination of the relationship.
I am not asking you not to go into a relationship with your eyes wide open, all i am saying is u have to be smart on how you handle the short comings you might see at the early stage.
Re: ~~wahala Dey~~ by Nobody: 2:38pm On Oct 07, 2009
190:

IT WOULD NEVER WORK UNLESS YOU BOTH ARE ABOVE 40YEARS AND TYME AINT ON YOU BOTH SIDE[/color][/i]

So you are saying it's okay to rush into marrige cos you are gettin old. So marrying the wrong person dosent count at that age

jay bee:

I do understand where your coming from but it's still a dangerous road to thread. do you know by being too vigilant one gets to be really picky which can decide the destination of the relationship.
I am not asking you not to go into a relationship with your eyes wide open, all i am saying is u have to be smart on how you handle the short comings you might see at the early stage.

At least I wont come crying 'he decieved me' to you 7 months into the marriage! cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help...pls...my Girlfriend Was Reap And She Got Pregnant / I Am A Slucker / She Aborted My Baby And Got Paralysed In The Process!:am I Obliged To Marry Her?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.