Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,801 members, 7,810,083 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

THE WEB - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (116937 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by drsolob2(m): 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2014
D9ty7: Am on it.
I saw this story through him and am begin to fall in love with it pls we need more update.
Re: THE WEB by Olaitan3784(f): 9:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
Realy lovin dis story
Re: THE WEB by Abuklaw(m): 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
Never be dependent on anyone in this world because even your shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness. Good evening
Re: THE WEB by Abuklaw(m): 10:51pm On Sep 20, 2014
candy:
The Olodo here is Olodo, iyana church, Monatan side. You know another one? I only know that olodo!

*I live at Oluyole estate extension.
he is referring to either Olodo Bank or Olodo Garage. I live around Olodo bank sha. Another reason to got hooked to this fascinating literary work.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:25am On Sep 21, 2014
D9ty7: Am on it.
Thanks, ma brother from another mother! You are the best. I think I've had enough publicity now sha...you can relax. You comments here are still important to me o, don't go away bro.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 21, 2014
Olaitan3784: Realy lovin dis story
Thanks for coming, it's getting better.
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 10:41am On Sep 21, 2014
I'll be here with you till the end. Happy sunday.
candy:
Thanks, ma brother from another mother! You are the best. I think I've had enough publicity now sha...you can relax. You comments here are still important to me o, don't go away bro.
How are the kids?
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 11:57am On Sep 21, 2014
Nice story u av here. Ama follow all through... Happy sunday.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
Abuklaw: Never be dependent on anyone in this world because even your shadow leaves you when you are in the darkness. Good evening
Yea, right my brother.

It's that same Olodo, the one that has somewhere called Kumapayi...

Thanks for following.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
tescoleps: Nice story u av here. Ama follow all through... Happy sunday.
Thanks sis, happy sunday. Update coming later today by God's grace.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2014
D9ty7: I'll be here with you till the end. Happy sunday. How are the kids?
Thanks, just got back from church...the kids are fine o, thank God.
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2014
candy:
Thanks sis, happy sunday. Update coming later today by God's grace.
Issokay. Patiently waiting....
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 3:05pm On Sep 21, 2014
@Labaski come here asap. u no suppose carry ds story
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 3:50pm On Sep 21, 2014

Dr Adeola Smart got up from her desk and went to the single window in her office. She adjusted the shutter slats to allow more light in the room. She had invited her friend over for a 'friendly' chit chat after Amber came crying to her.

Consciously avoiding her friend's glance, she cleared her throat and said "Helen, I think it's about time these kids get married"

The bottled water she was sipping from almost dropped from her hands. Mrs Seriki had dreaded this moment and had carefully avoided discussing Amber and Tobi's relationship.
"Em, Adeola, we can't force them" she responded, expecting the worst from her friend.

Seething, Dr Adeola seemed determined to get to the end of this.
"Would you just stop being cryptic and tell me what's going on?", she looked through the window and continued "it's not like you don't discuss the relationship with your son"

Finally Mrs Seriki answered, "I think we should leave them to decide"

"No! The ball is in your court, you practically control him. Just say the word or..."

"Or what, Adeola?" She asked, fuming. "Maybe you are right, I control my son and I won't force him to marry Amber"

It was Dr Adeola's turn to be shocked, and she was obviously so. The silence was deafening.

Mrs Seriki sighed. "He is not in love with her Adeola. Besides, he doesn't like plus sized ladies. I don't want to force it. I've more harm than necessary already"

In an increasingly foul mood, Dr Smart looked at her friend and asked, "whom do you have in mind for him to marry, Helen--is it Bolu the new girl?" And she laughed scornfully.

"You are enjoying the whole Bolu drama, right?" Mrs Seriki said in anger. The thought of Tobi and Bolu is even worse than Tobi and Amber and both women understood why.

Without taking her eyes off the view outside, Dr Adeola said, "you made a promise Helen, I will force you to keep it". There was a new tremor to her voice, she was very angry.

Equally boiling with anger, Mrs Seriki rose to her feet. " Adeola, your daughter turned out extra large, saucy and ill-mannered. Besides, I think we'll make horrible in-laws. Not my fault if I don't fulfill my promise".

She knew how desperate her friend could be, but she was past caring. Her first daughter was still single at 35. Equally plus sized, saucy and ill-mannered, just like Amber, she knew she would do anything to get both girls married to cool guys.

She had made that stupid promise at the spur of the moment and ever since Amber's undergraduate days, she had regretted it. She knew she couldn't bear to watch Amber marry her son, no matter what.

"Well," Dr Smart said. "You know how far I can go do get my heart's desire"

Mrs Seriki stared at her friend a long moment and said, "you've got a turbulent heart, Adeola"

"Wrong", Dr Smart snapped at her, "it's my stomach that is turbulent from having to listen to your crap."

"I know you well, Adeola, more than anybody in the world. You are very dangerous when desperate; that was what brought us together in the first place", she moved closer to the window, now standing close to her friend, she continued, "what you are forgetting, friend, is that I'm more brutal, more desperate and more dangerous". Her friend kept staring outside, visibly angry but not talking. Mrs Seriki continued. "I know if the tables were turned and Tobi was your son, you won't allow an Amber anywhere near him. Do your worst, Adeola Smart".

With that, she stormed out of her friend's office and shut the door so violently it shook the whole building.

Dr Smart knew her friend was no pushover, she just didn't know she could dare her so openly. She had threatened her just to make her succumb and Helen being Helen had not. Now she knew she had to do something. If I don't have joy over my children you won't have over yours, she thought.

She watched her friend get in her sleek Honda SUV and drove off without looking back and she got really angry.

Blinded by an inner tempest of hostility towards her childhood friend and confidant, she opened her drawer, brought out a sim card she had registered under a false name, slotted it into a small nokia phone she bought earlier and typed 5 words, words she had rehearsed several times.

She brought out her Android phone and scrolled to Chief Bode Seriki's name. She typed the number on her new phone and 'Click', she pressed send and in seconds, it showed message sent. Thankfully, she was smart enough to prepare for the worst. Hell sure hath no fury like a woman scorned.

In a flash, she became poignantly aware of what she would lose by going this far to show her friend she was a force to reckon with. Even if she could withdraw the sent message, perhaps she could still make amends, but she had an instant recollection of all the years of playing second fiddle to her friend.

There had always been a bitter rivalry between them despite their years of close friendship. Yes, better they both lose out and go their separate ways.

Damning all the consequences of her action, she pressed the bell to summon a nurse and called for the next patient to be sent in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
tescoleps: @Labaski come here asap. u no suppose carry ds story

Just updated now
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
didn't get ur mention cus monicker WS misspelled...saw d link 2ru d9ty

Nice story...following till d end cheesy
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 5:42pm On Sep 21, 2014
Xtarxhyne: didn't get ur mention cus monicker WS misspelled...saw d link 2ru d9ty

Nice story...following till d end cheesy
Bless D9ty7. Was wondering why you didn't show up despite the invitation cheesy

Thanks for following.
Re: THE WEB by labaski(f): 6:55pm On Sep 21, 2014
ds is indeed awesome..lovely piece..
it's just dat wen 2 elephants fight,na d grass go suffer d consequences..in ds fight now,na Bolu and Tobi go suffer.. more more more candy..
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
candy:
Bless D9ty7. Was wondering why you didn't show up despite the invitation cheesy

Thanks for following.
Hmmmm

uwelcm...More candies o cheesy
Re: THE WEB by AmJane(f): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2014
This is interesting. Following. .. coolThis is interesting. Following. ..
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2014
Wow.. getting interesting,keep it up
Re: THE WEB by Kunzu(m): 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
Following

# with my roasted plantain and groundnut in my mind
Re: THE WEB by Eniqurl(f): 10:46pm On Sep 21, 2014
Getting more interesting #followinq
Re: THE WEB by foslink(m): 10:51am On Sep 22, 2014
Following. Nice piece dear
Re: THE WEB by pricelesslove(f): 2:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
following nice one
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2014
labaski: ds is indeed awesome..lovely piece..
it's just dat wen 2 elephants fight,na d grass go suffer d consequences..in ds fight now,na Bolu and Tobi go suffer.. more more more candy..
Dr Smart and Mrs Seriki are def 2 elephants...let's see how the twists and turns play out
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 22, 2014
Dear readers, Update coming in a bit. Have a blessed week ahead.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
Kunzu: Following

# with my roasted plantain and groundnut in my mind
Only you? Share abeg!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 22, 2014
Candis009: Wow.. getting interesting,keep it up
AmJane: This is interesting. Following. .. coolThis is interesting. Following. ..
pricelesslove: following nice one
foslink: Following. Nice piece dear
Welcome on board!
Re: THE WEB by labaski(f): 4:04pm On Sep 22, 2014
candy: Dear readers, Update coming in a bit. Have a blessed week ahead.
we r stl waiting ooo..
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 22, 2014

It was a cool friday evening and he was enjoying a nice cocktail with his long time girlfriend, Awa by the pool side in one of the international five-star hotels in the suburbs of Abuja. Awa, his long-term girl friend was sitting next to him and looking at her, contentment well written over his face.

In all his philandering years, he had avoided having another child outside wedlock. Partly for fear of his wife, but mostly because he loved his son and didn't want any woman or child fighting him over his property. Awa has been his escape from home and work related stress for over four years now.

Fate had brought Chief Bode Seriki and Awa together on a rainy tuesday evening during one of his business trips to Abuja. Awa, was herself in Abuja to visit her sugar daddy, a director in one of the federal parastatals. She had gone there to surprise him on the eve of his 55th birthday. Instead, she had got the surprise of her life; she caught her man in bed with another woman, a young pretty girl in her teens.

Nearly blinded by tears, she had flung the gift bag she held at the couple on the bed and stormed out of his apartment. She was so sad she didn't notice she was walking right in the middle of the estate road. Chief Bode Seriki's driver had blared his horn repeatedly before she got out of the way.

Shocked at her action, Chief Bode Seriki asked Dele, his driver to park and he walked up to her. Surprisingly,albeit reluctantly, she had agreed to go with him to his hotel suite. That had marked the beginning of their relationship. Three years down, she had tried everything possible to make chief marry her to no avail. This friday was special for them; she had planned a romantic getaway to announce that she was pregnant, despite the fact that he had always guided against it. She refused tto give up on marrying him: she was in the relationship to dig his gold.

Chief Bode Seriki had struck it really big when his childhood friend was named the governor of the state a few years back. With the governor's help, his construction company, 'The Compass Builders' had overseen a general overhaul of the state secretariat, the government house and all the state owned hospitals.

Having no inkling of her sinister plans to lay her hands on his wealth, he had cancelled all his appointments for the weekend-even his niece's graduation party and flown to Abuja to spend the weekend with his heartthrob.

He stretched lower on the pool side chair and reached out to hold Awa's hand. They were alone in their private pool side cabana, enjoying the view of the pool and the swimmers flaunting bikini bodies.

"Chief, can I use your phone?", Awa asked.
Chief lifted his body, searching for his phone. He found his private phone and kept it back. It had to stay private. Then he remembered he left his other phones in the hotel room.
"On the bed in the room, dear", he said.

"Ok, I'll go get it", she offered.
"Your phone...?" Chief asked, though not surprised- she had used his phone several times.
"I have to call my seamstress with an unknown number; she has not been picking mine"

Awa, a fashionista, never used a designer more than once, she's a troublesome lady; something chief realised very late in the relationship and had learnt to live it. Though, it reminded him of when he had just married Helen. Though he enjoyed her youthful body and playfulness, Awa's attitude was one reason marrying her had never crossed his mind.

Awa was back with the phone in less than 5 minutes and handed it over to chief. He discovered it was switched off. He pressed the power button and voila, the phone was on. His sms icon showed 25 messages and he scrolled through all.

Mostly business related messages and a couple from his niece whose graduation he missed earlier in the day, the 24th message was from an un listed number. Looking at his Awa, who always suspected his every move, he contemplated whether to read the message now or later, but decided to open and read before handing her the phone.

He scrolled to message 24 and opened it. He felt the ground move underneath his feet when he read the message. Just 5 words, powerful enough to crash his whole life. He read the words again and again, the cabana suddenly became too small for him and in spite of the cool pool side breeze, he broke into a sweat.

"Is everything alright, chief?" Awa asked him. It was obvious his reaction was as a result of something he saw on his phone.

He wiped his sweaty face and smiled reassuringly. " All is well, my dear. My aunt Thessy's stroke is getting worse".

"But she's been comatose for 3days now, besides, she's 81!", she said, not knowing whether to believe his story or not. She shrugged her shoulders in resignation; Aunt Thessy raised him, maybe he is telling the truth. Let her die already, As far as it's not some girl, she thought.

Unable to hold himself anymore, he stood up and made to leave the cabana.

"I'm tired, need to rest" he couldn't get a better lie.

"Are we still going for the senator's dinner?" Then she became worried when he didn't answer her question. The dinner is very important, she had even bought a new dress. She had planned to get a few business cards there. Foul mood or not, she was determined to tell him she was pregnant.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2014

Chief Bode Seriki had never been this troubled in his adult life. He clicked on the message and the words; "TOBI IS NOT YOUR SON" starred back at him. He could not get to the root of this in Abuja.

He quickly picked one of his phones and booked his return flight for saturday morning.

The door creaked and opened and Awa entered. He'd been too troubled to lock the door when he entered earlier. She sat by him on the bed and stroked his arms, legs and worked her fingers to his bare chest. He managed to smile, though he was very far from a state of peace.

Working her hands and tongues all over his body, he finally succumbed to her magic touch and they made passionate love.

Chief Bode Seriki finally slept off, his phones lying on the bedside table. Awa quickly picked the phone that carried the SMS and scrolled to his messages. She found what she was looking for and read over and over again. She was in luck. If Tobi is not his son, he should be happy when I tell him I'm pregnant, she thought and smiled.

He stirred and muttered some obscenities in his sleep. Then he woke up. He checked the time on his expensive wristwatch; 10:45pm. He had been asleep for over 2 hours. Awa was nowhere in sight.

He got up from the bed and dialed her number. She picked on first ring.

"You awake, chief", she said surprised, "I'm at the lounge, l'll be upstairs in 2 minutes".

"Ok" and he hung up.

Feeling a little better, he decided to wait it out, in fact he did not believe the message again. Tobi didn't share much physical resemblance with him, but that never bothered him beefore now. At least. He shares some features with his own mum. His fair complexion he had attributed to his aunt Thessy and his mother, Tobi's height and slim athletic body he had attributed to his mum's good gene. His smartness he had attributed to himself. He knew how to deal with the situation.

By the time awa entered, he was sitting in the living area, watching TV and sipping complimentary wine. She was dressed in a skimpy green flowered dress that blended well with her chocolate complexion, with a matching slippers. Looking casual but elegant.

"Chief", she sat on his laps. "How are you now? May be you should call aunt Thessy's son to see how she's doing now" she said, pretending like she didn't know what's going on.

"Don't worry, I already booked my return flight for 9:00am tomorrow"

Shocked, Awa hugged him and gave him a peck on his lips. "Chief, I'm pregnant"

"You are what?" Chief Bode Seriki screamed and pushed her off him. Standing up, he said, " I thought you said you are on the pill"

"Yes, it failed, the second time in three years, chief, and I'm sure having this baby"

Chief Seriki sighed and resigned himself to fate. Not bad, he thought.
"Ok, we'll talk about it later.

"Yea, after you've sorted out aunt Thessy", she said sarcastically. Chief missed the sarcasm or pretended to.
"Yes, after aunt Thessy".

Awa couldn't believe how easily she had her way with chief. She smiled and sighed. Mission partially accomplished.

Sleep eluded him that night. He prayed for the new dawn to break. He had too much on his aging mind.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.