Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,929 members, 7,952,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:38 PM

THE WEB - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (118320 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2014
labaski: we r stl waiting ooo..
Wait no more...updated already.
Re: THE WEB by labaski(f): 7:05pm On Sep 22, 2014
nice work candy...first to read and comment
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
I'm back...
Exam disturbed me...Now, I'm through
Re: THE WEB by CYclone1(f): 8:19pm On Sep 22, 2014
Awa is a wrong move for the man.she is a runs girl lipsrsealed.
Re: THE WEB by Kunzu(m): 8:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
Awa na badz gal

#i wan see wetin go hapun

#My groundnut don finish, make I go meet Iya olodo 4 anoda groundnut

#abeg update b4 I come bak
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:38pm On Sep 22, 2014
Divepen: I'm back...
Exam disturbed me...Now, I'm through
Eeya, hope it all went well. I sure missed your comments.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 22, 2014
Kunzu: Awa na badz gal

#i wan see wetin go hapun

#My groundnut don finish, make I go meet Iya olodo 4 anoda groundnut

#abeg update b4 I come bak
This one wey u dey chop groundnut up and down...abeg take popcorn and coke, Iya olodo don close.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:15pm On Sep 22, 2014
nice story
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:29pm On Sep 22, 2014
candy:
Eeya, hope it all went well. I sure missed your comments.
I'm through...
I want to devour this story...
I want to see the travial of Iron lady...
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 10:50pm On Sep 22, 2014
Loving dis story buh my only fear z update.. Pls If its daily lets knw d tym nd if its nt.. Pls tell us 2
Re: THE WEB by Eniqurl(f): 11:12pm On Sep 22, 2014
#Followinq.
Re: THE WEB by seunviju(f): 12:02am On Sep 23, 2014
Wow wow wow,I really love this story.Keep it up dear and pray may the lord increase you with wisdom
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:45am On Sep 23, 2014
Divepen:
I'm through...
I want to devour this story...
I want to see the travial of Iron lady...
Let's unravel it all together...sit tight for the ride ahead!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 23, 2014
Hameenat94: Loving dis story buh my only fear z update.. Pls If its daily lets knw d tym nd if its nt.. Pls tell us 2
Thanks for following, I'm glad you love the story.

Updates will not be coming up daily due to my tight schedule, plus home front.

@ all my lovely lovely fans,

Updates will be coming up twice in a week. One will come between Monday and wednesday and another between friday and sunday.

If time permits, I will give an extra update. But I assure you the two updates will be lenghty and satisfying.

Next update will be coming over the weekend.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 23, 2014
seunviju: Wow wow wow,I really love this story.Keep it up dear and pray may the lord increase you with wisdom
Thanks and Amen!
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 11:55am On Sep 23, 2014
Two updates in a week? Well, we have no choice other than to accept it. I'll be back by weekend to read and comment when you must have dropped the second one.
You are heading to the top ma.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:18pm On Sep 23, 2014
*knock knock*
Can I come in?...cause am sure loving this story.
#following#
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 5:16pm On Sep 23, 2014
Candy two updates in a week tey fa. Well, we go manage am like dat sha.
Re: THE WEB by PrinceAdepoju(m): 5:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
Okay, I'm here.

Thanks for inviting me..
Nice story!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
debdave: *knock knock*
Can I come in?...cause am sure loving this story.
#following#
Please come, door is open!

Thanks for following.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
PrinceAdepoju: Okay, I'm here.

Thanks for inviting me..
Nice story!
Ama fine you for coming late bro! All the same, better late than never.
You're welcome.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
tescoleps: Candy two updates in a week tey fa. Well, we go manage am like dat sha.
That's why I love you guys, thanks for understanding! If I can squeeze out time, I will update three times, you guys deserve it.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 7:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
candy:
Please come, door is open!

Thanks for following.
I know its not easy...but the only thing that will make me go out the door is if you're not updating.
More ink to your pen...or power to your phone/PC(whichever).
Welldone.
Re: THE WEB by PrinceAdepoju(m): 11:34pm On Sep 23, 2014
candy:
Ama fine you for coming late bro! All the same, better late than never.
You're welcome.
Oh, I'm sorry about that.

Thanks.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 24, 2014

Alhaji's wife was relaxing in her sitting room when she heard the street door open. It was 11am thursday morning and all the children had gone to school. Only her, Alhaji and mama Nkechi, one of their tenants were at home. Alhaji, a bus driver had just returned from the park to see one of his drivers.

"Who is there o?" Alhaja asked, just as she heard a kick open her door.
" Where is madam TY's daughter, Bolu?" One of the fierce looking intruders asked. They've checked with her colleagues and they were aware Bolu was down with malaria and she didnt go for CD.

Alhaja was scared and she wondered if Alhaji and mama Nkechi didn't hear the sound.

"She don pack commot oga"

"Where she go?" The goons asked

"I... I... no...no know o, sh... she don co...co...comot oga, she and her mama" she stammered out of fear.

'Wos, wos' two hot slaps landed on her cheek and she had to stiffle her scream because the other goon had his strong hand pressing hard on her lips, forcing her to stiffle her cry. She rubbed her hands on her cheek and shook in fear. 'Where is this lazy Alhaji?' She thought.

"Why she no tell you where she pack go?" Her tormentor asked

"We...we...no...dey ...dey...talk sir"

'Wos' another hot slap landed on Alhaja's face, this time hot tears ran down her cheeks.

"That's for not talking to her" Joe said. "If you were in talking terms, we would have had her address, stupid woman".

By now, alhaja was sobbing uncontrollably. Still holding her smarting cheeks, she begged her assailants amidst sobs.
"Oga please, they no tell me when they dey commot", she pleaded, "their things still dey room, we never get another tenant".

Joe pulled her closer, holding her by the neck of her traditional blous of 'iro and buba'. "Does any other person know where she moved to?" He asked, getting impatient.

"No sir"
" Who else is at home?" Shaba asked, looking menacing. Just then, they all heard the street door open again. Patrick and Shaba left the door frame weak when they forced their way in earlier. Joe and Shaba were rooted to the spot. There were a couple of uniformed policemen in the house, wielding funny looking guns and handcuffs.

Joe and Shaba were arrested and taken to the police station in their own car. Mama Nkechi, a housewife who makes foofoo in the evenings and whose husband, a policeman was at work had called her husband when she saw the guys through her key hole. Luckily, there was no light, otherwise she would've been betrayed by the sound of her TV.

Obviously, the intruders thought Alhaja was alone because everywhere was so quiet. They had hung around for over two hours before they finally decided it was safe to break in and give Bolu their madam's message. They had packed across the street and observed movements. Unfortunately, they had to drive around a few times to avoid prying eyes. They missed the arrival of Alhaji from the other side and they were deceived by the eerie silence on entering the house. The street was quiet at this time of the day, better than breaking and entering at night.

The instruction was to threaten Bolu and her to warn her to steer clear of Tobi. They were 'cleaners', they cleaned rich people's mess. This time, they were lucky they didn't carry guns.

"Ole, ole", alhaja shouted when she saw the goons incapacitated by the police handcuffs. Mama Nkeechi rushed into their landlord's living room to help alhaja while alhaji shamefully came out from the bedroom.

"Shameless man, lazy ma," alhaja jumped at him

"What now?" He asked

"Oh, so you were within earshot while they tossed your wife around, han?"

"Sorry, I thought they were robbers"

"Sorry ma, mama Nkechi said, barely able to hide their joy. Alhaja was the youngest wife, not even as old as Alhaji's first child and very wicked. All the tenants disliked her but they had to respect her as the landlady. Because of her, Mama Gani, the kind former first lady was sent packing.

"If I no sorry n ko?" She snapped at them and shut her door on their face. They went their way, giggling.

Mama Nkechi picked her phone and dialed Bolu's number to inform her that some goons came looking for them.

"They beat alhaja o" she laughed on the phone and Bolu laughed too.
"good for her", "thank you, mama Nkechi" she said and hung up.

She flung her phone on the bed and faced Temi: "Thanks for telling me not to change my address on the staff data form"
"Why? What happened?"
"Apparently, some mean looking guys went looking for us at the former address"

"Really?" Temi was shocked. "I suspect Amber or Mrs Seriki" she said.

"Amber, na. She doesn't have access to our data and she has not been coming to see Tobi for sometime"

Temi considered what Bolu said and concluded "it must be Mrs Seriki's handiwork".

Bolu was scared but decided she wasn't going to tell her mum, now that she was beginning to brighten up again. She decided to discuss it with Tobi instead.

Bolu and Tobi were now inseparable, though on a platonic level. Bolu couldn't afford to date him, at least not yet. Instead, she had tried dating his close friend, Ade, the former governor's son and she was bent on making it work even though she didn't like him that much. Anyone but Tobi, she saw him like a big brother even though they were age mates.

By 6:00pm that day, strings had been pulled and Joe and Shaba were free men again. Unrelentless and offered more money, they agreed to bring Bolu down at a later date.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 3:41pm On Sep 24, 2014

Amber, a 23-year-old accounting student in one of the city's private university. Second of Dr Smart's two children. Spoiled can't begin to describe her. She dominated her friends and even lecturers. Only thing that kept her going was her father's political influence. Though living in past glory, Senator Sijuwade Smart, a one time senator is now retired from politics after he lost to his opponent in the just concluded guber election. His party had only 2700 votes in the state. Luckily, he was sponsored by a group of wealthy goons and he still retained most of what he stole from the government coffers as a senator.

Amber lived with her parents; giving her access to state of the art cars. Her circle of friends included 'runs girls' and irresponsible children of politicians. One thing she hated was sharing her men, especially Tobi. Recently, Bolu and Tobi had gotten too close for comfort and she had discussed her observation with her mum. Not one to be emotionally attached to a guy, she had set her mind on Tobi, the extremely handsome son of her mum's BF, and now she couldn't afford to lose him, not to trashy Bolu like she and her friends called her. She decided to deal with her in her own way.

"Make I break her neck or make I finish am this time?" Joe asked in between cigarette puffs. He had a big scar running across the left eye to the cheek bone. He was one mean bloke.

"No finish am o, just spoil her face with stick, anything...break her fine legs" she answered.

Amber, more determined now than ever, had earlier set her mum's boys on Bolu's trail. They had failed in their mission earlier but they were able to come up with a better strategy. They were sitting in a secluded corner in one of the Bodija hot spots. The joint was dimly lit and they were only able to see each other with the reflection from the bar lights.

"No fvck ups this time", Amber told them.

"Mama, we can't fail you". They chorused.

"Ok, please o, no story. I won't be involved if you get arrested this time", Amber said and stood up after dropping a wad of bills on the taable. " For your drinks". She stormed out of the joint with her friend, Sasha who waited patiently at the bar while her friend perfected the deal.

Sasha drank while she waited for Amber to finish her discussion with the mean looking guys. She was not allowed to be part of the discussion and since she didn't come there with any guy and no guy had hit on her since she sat alone at the bar, she drank the time away.

"Sasha, you don dey drink?", Amber asked angrily.
"Ore, I ...I ...don dey o", Sasha slurred her words.

Amber felt like slapping her. "Sash, you are driving me home!" She said with disgust. "I can't move a manual veehicle"

The plan was for Sasha to limit herself to two drinks while she waited, she was the designated wheel girl for the night and she knew it. Sasha smiled. "Babe, you know me, I will drive you home if you turn to a car"

Left with the choice of calling her mum to send a driver or going with Sasha, she weighed her options. She didn't tell her mum about her revenge plans.

So, here she was, twelve a.m, about to get in a car with her staggering friend. Sasha took three steps aand one of her spike heels caught on the asphalt. She stumbled, nearly twisting her ankle. Fighting for balance, she righted herself.

They got in the car, Amber more scared and eyes all cleared, controlled Sasha's driving as they hit the road.
"Sash, you are swerving..."

Then they both blacked out.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 3:44pm On Sep 24, 2014
Letz go there!!! Nice one, candy.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
tescoleps: Letz go there!!! Nice one, candy.
This midweek update is dedicated to:

Abuklaw
Tescoleps
Hameenat94
Snowangel
Eniqurl
Debdave
Divepen
PrinceAdepoju
Labaski
D9ty7
Candis009
Cyclone1
AmJane
pricelesslove
foslink
Kunzu
Seunviju
Re: THE WEB by D9ty7(m): 4:45pm On Sep 24, 2014
I just got a dedication here. A perfect week it has been for me.
Re: THE WEB by CYclone1(f): 6:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
candy:
This midweek update is dedicated to:

Abuklaw
Tescoleps
Hameenat94
Snowangel
Eniqurl
Debdave
Divepen
PrinceAdepoju
Labaski
D9ty7
Candis009
Cyclone1
AmJane
pricelesslove
foslink
Kunzu
Seunviju

Boom, I hope Sasha and Amber hit a rock and...
Re: THE WEB by Eniqurl(f): 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2014
Leggo! Ur doen a qr8 wrk here.
Followinq u lyk twitter.
Re: THE WEB by Kunzu(m): 11:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
My head dey swell ooo 4 dis dedication

#dis one for me

#i rep ur followers 4 dis story

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (36) (Reply)

My Adventure As A Corper In Plateau State Jos / Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / A Male Child Is More Beneficial Than A Female Child In Nigeria(see Why)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.