Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,711 members, 7,802,154 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

THE WEB - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / THE WEB (116835 Views)

The Africa Connected. Success Stories Powered By The Web Contest / ***SECRETS Exposed***how To Get Paid Writing For The Web! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 3:11am On Oct 19, 2014
ℓ̊ guess they are the unidentical set of twins. My cousines are like dat too coul d neva guess they'r twins if they dnt tell ƔoU̶̲̥̅.................No wonda the chemistry's just soooooo strong... grin........... Nice piece candy. Thumbz up wink
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 19, 2014
debdave:
Wait.... Are you saying Tobi n Bolu are twins?.
If they are.... is there no physical resemblance?. They're suppose to recognise each other the first time they met na.
#am I missing something here?#
Yes, they are fraternal (dizygotic) twins, they may not share any physical resemblance. However, there is a kind of pull between them and even Bolu mentioned it, you remember when she said he's more like a brother and can't even think of dating him. Besides, msdam try had that feeling first time she met Tobi, when Bolu was in the hospital. The story continues...more unravelling ahead.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 11:35am On Oct 19, 2014
QueenTolpatx:
ℓ̊ guess they are the unidentical set of twins. My cousines are like dat too coul d neva guess they'r twins if they dnt tell ƔoU̶̲̥̅.................No wonda the chemistry's just soooooo strong... grin........... Nice piece candy. Thumbz up wink
Thanks my sister, I have an uncle and aunt like that too...nothing in common.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 2:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
candy:

Yes, they are fraternal (dizygotic) twins, they may not share any physical resemblance. However, there is a kind of pull between them and even Bolu mentioned it, you remember when she said he's more like a brother and can't even think of dating him. Besides, msdam try had that feeling first time she met Tobi, when Bolu was in the hospital. The story continues...more unravelling ahead.
Alright. Now I understand.
#thanks for Clearing it up#
Re: THE WEB by Eniqurl(f): 12:28am On Oct 20, 2014
M so lovinq dz stori d mre
#weldne candy.
Re: THE WEB by Plaitex(f): 8:03am On Oct 20, 2014
this Helen should not try any of her wicked staunts o!
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 20, 2014

"Mum, are you set?" Tobi asked as he strolled casually into his mum's office. He closed the door and entered when his mum didn't answer him. Mrs Seriki sat on one of the single sofas meant for her guests, hands rested on her knees, lost in thought. She became aware of her son's presence only when he tapped her shoulder.

"Ah, Tobi. How are you?", she asked as she stood up quickly to conceal her distress."are you set to go?"

"No, mum. Not until you tell me what's bothering you." Tobi sat down on the sofa his mum had just vacated.
"I'm ok son, this project is really taking longer in the drawing room" she assured him.
"Ok, if you say so. Why don't you get Bolu to help you with it? She's..."

"Please, let's go" mrs seriki quickly cut him off. The name Bolu had become a taboo for her. She shut down her computer and picked her bag while Tobi switched off all the A/C and lights.
As they walked into the reception area, Ray stood up to take his boss' bag and got the car ready.

"Ray, bring my car home", Tobi tossed his car key across the table. "I'll drive my mum home".

Outside, it was pouring heavily. A look across the main road confirmed Mrs Seriki's earlier fear. There was heavy traffic, cars moving at snail's speed, even the reckless okada riders coild barely meander between the cars.

"Take Challenge, I'll like to pick some drugs at the Pharmacy dear", mrs seriki said as she settled beside her son at the passenger's seat in front.

"What of the one at mobil junction, mum?" Tobi asked. Besides, their house was closer to Mobil.
"No, I prefer the one at challenge. There is a wider variety".
"Ok".

Mrs Seriki couldn't help but steal casual glances at her son behind the wheels. She knew she had to make plans to keep him away from having any discussion with Adebimpe, it was a risk she couldn't take.

Tobi drove in silence for sometime. By the time they were free from the Adeoyo junction hold up, the rain was pounding so heavily and visibility was near zero.
"Mum, did you see Bolu's mum at the office today?" Tobi asked innocently.

Like a bolt of electricity, fear traveled through Mrs Seriki's body, giving her temporary paralysis. "Em...em...did you see her? I saw her briefly...em, why did you ask?" She managed to say something.

"Just curious mum, just curious. I saw her at the reception, she was looking forlorn. As a matter of fact, scared" he told his mum.

Mrs Seriki didn't utter a word till Tobi pulled up at the pharmaceutical outlet.
She brought out a prescription sheet and passed it to Tobi. "Please get the drugs, I will wait in the car"

"Ok mum". Tobi picked his umbrella but thought against it. The rain was no longer heavy.

Soon as he disappeared inside the store, mrs seriki quickly pulled out her phone.
"Pat, I need you to come by the office by 8am tomorrow" she said into the phone.
"Ma, tomorrow is saturday" pat said
"I know. I have an email you must send from a cyber cafe unfailingly" mrs seriki said quickly.
Pat started asking questions but Mrs Seriki cut her shut. Tobi was almost opening the car door.
"We talk tomorrow" she quickly ended the call and kept her phone in her bag.
"So fast, tobi. Very unusual"
"I guess the rain kept people away" tobi answered as he settled in the car, handing the purchase to his mum.

By the time they got home, Mrs Seriki was in a very light mood. She had hatched a plan that was bound to work. Chief Bode seriki was watching CNN when they entered. He was waiting for them so they could have dinner, it was a family tradition on fridays.

Mrs Seriki fine tune her plans while father and son discussed world events. Plan in place, she joined the men in the family living room, smiling.

1 Like

Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2014
Weldone Candy... Instead of Mrs seriki 2 accept defeat nd beg Adebimpe, she wants 2 plan her doom..#Fingers crossed
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 5:36pm On Oct 20, 2014
ℓ̊ hope she lose her mind soon, she's such an adamant evil plotter undecided undecided
Re: THE WEB by CYclone1(f): 5:46pm On Oct 20, 2014
at her age and her emotional attachment to Tobi plus her marriage at stake, most people will grasp at straw to stay afloat. It's really not easy. She should deal with dr smart.
Re: THE WEB by QueenTolpatx(f): 12:00am On Oct 21, 2014
CYclone1:
at her age and her emotional attachment to Tobi plus her marriage at stake, most people will grasp at straw to stay afloat. It's really not easy. She should deal with dr smart.
ℓ̊ think otherwise, ℓ̊ think its high time she stopped the game, she has hurt a lot of people already. The pain is still bearable @ dis point if she'l just let go......... sad sad
Re: THE WEB by Eniqurl(f): 12:34am On Oct 21, 2014
dz woman z so devilish.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 21, 2014
Do you enjoy this story and that of others, are you going to keep on reading and not nominate your best writer. Please, do at the ling below...
https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

#Nairawriter
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 1:12am On Oct 21, 2014
Do you enjoy this story and that of others, are you going to keep on reading and not nominate your best writer. Please, do at the link below...
https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/literature-section-awards-nomination-thread

#Nairawriters
Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 9:43am On Oct 21, 2014
Hello Candy, am I allowed to guess one thing that happened in the past?
This is a good piece of imaginative work.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 12:57pm On Oct 21, 2014
ruffhandu:
Hello Candy, am I allowed to guess one thing that happened in the past?
This is a good piece of imaginative work.
Guess on...I'm all ears eyes tongue
Re: THE WEB by ruffhandu: 2:39pm On Oct 21, 2014
candy:

Guess on...I'm all ears eyes tongue

Mrs Seriki's husband went into Madame Ty and she had twins. So, Tobi is actually the man's son.
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 4:23pm On Oct 21, 2014
ruffhandu:

Mrs Seriki's husband went into Madame Ty and she had twins. So, Tobi is actually the man's son.
Let's hope he is the father...time will tell though. Thanks for following.
Re: THE WEB by Queenxstar(f): 6:22pm On Oct 21, 2014
Hameenat94:
Weldone Candy... Instead of Mrs seriki 2 accept defeat nd beg Adebimpe, she wants 2 plan her doom..#Fingers crossed
Typical of those who only think others are nothing but preys.
Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 8:00pm On Oct 21, 2014
Queenxstar:
Typical of those who only think others are nothing but preys.
datx jst it dear
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 22, 2014

A flurry of message slips crowded Tobi's desk. Three heavy folders sat conspicuously next to the computer, the intercom sat idle, red light blinking.
So much work had piled up over the weekend, Mondays are always like this. Tobi played target practice with the waste paper basket, using the heap of paper he generated from the shredder.

His phone rang but he did not even notice it. He left it vibrating on the desk. When his two other lines began to ring at intervals, he changed his mind and picked it up reluctantly without checking caller id.

He felt better when he heard Ade's voice on the other end.
"Hello, Ade" he put the phone on speaker and relaxed. He was not in the mood for work at all.
"Tobi, what's weighing you down?" Ade queried

"Ore, I don't understand jor"
"Are you still brooding over the threatening email?" Ade asked with concern
"Ade, I am really worried. Since I got that email on saturday, my mum had been going on and on about me leaving the country immediately on account of the threat"

"Really?" Ade was surprised. "You think leaving is the right move?"
"I honestly don't know. She was able to convince my dad. Even the commissioner of police is in support"

"Ore, let's get my dad's PI involved. He can trace..."
"Ip address traced to a local cyber cafe in town already"

Ade sighed in resignation. They've been on this threat email since saturday and it had dampened their mood over the weekend.

Tobi had received among his countless emails, an email from someone claiming to have scores to settle with Tobi over a business deal. The person had gone ahead to threaten him with death.

"I'll see you after my meeting at the governor's office" Ade said before he hung up.

Tobi pressed end and replaced the receiver. He was confused and needed to clear his head. He stood up and picked up his phone. He turned the knob at the same time with his mum.

Surprised at this early morning visit, Tobi shifted sideways to give her room. "Mum, are you ok?" Tobi asked, still holding the door ajar.
"Tobi, I've discussed with your father, he had even booked your flight. You leave for US tonight with Arik air" she handed him an envelope containing his flight ticket.

Tobi opened his mouth in shock. "Mum, I'm considering using Ade's PI, he can crack this case easily"

"Crack what? Don't break your dad's heart, don't even tell Ade about your trip", she half pleaded half threatened.

By now, Ade had closed the door and mother and son were staring at each other. Mrs Helen had considered getting rid of Adebimpe, but she became nervous, even though she doubted it could ever be traced to her. She had ordered hits before, when she was much younger. Yes, she's never one to stand competition. But she had never ordered someone killed before.

She knew killing Adebimpe was the only option as wounding her or threatening her was likely to fail. Her determined looked had stuck in Mrs Seriki's memory like gum on paper, she had an ominous feeling about it all. Losing Tobi is not an option, she had written off Awawu and toying with Adebimpe was too dangerous.

2 Likes

Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 22, 2014
"Mum"
Tobi's voice jolted her out of her thoughts. "Yes, Tobi", she said.
"I think I'll stick to your plan"
A smile broke on her face, she stood up and hugged her son. "Thank you, thank you" she said with joy. Just for a month, consider it a vacation"

"Thanks mum, I'll see dad now to finalise arrangement"

They both left Tobi's office. Mrs Seriki faced her office while Tobi walked down the hall towards his dad's office.

As he rounded the corner that shielded his dad's office from the reception area, he bumped into Bolu and his mother, they had taken the other stair way and were headed straight for his dad's office.

Madam ty and Bolu had taken the back stairway to avoid bumping into Mrs Seriki or Tobi. Their mission was an important one that they had to get over with as little incidence as possible.
Seeing Tobi looking so calm and handsome in his well tailored grey suit and black tie was too much for madam ty. Her legs turned jelly and refused to take her any further.

Tobi and Bolu noticed her discomfort and both rushed to her side when it appeared she was going to slump on the hard tiles.

"Let's get her to my office", Tobi suggested

"No, get me out of here" madam ty managed to say before she lost her voice.
"She's hypertensive", Bolu offered the information as they both supported her out of the building and inside Tobi's car.

From the window of her office that overlooked the car park, Mrs Helen Seriki looked at the scene unfolding before her as if in a trance. She couldn't believe her eyes. Just what she was preventing. Weakened by the car park scene, she collapsed on her seat and placed her head in her palms. How could this have happened? She asked herself.

Her mind kept going to Dr Adeola Smart and their last discussion. They have since made up and even tried to remain friends, but she was convinced her hands were behind her recent misery. She decided to see her later, but first, she picked her phone and called Tobi's line just as he sat behind the wheels.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: THE WEB by Hameenat94(f): 11:04am On Oct 22, 2014
I fear 4 Bolu's life nd dat of her mum... Interesting story dear
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 22, 2014
What's up peeps? I'm not getting your feedbacks again na...ginger a sister abeg.

Abuklaw
Tescoleps
Hameenat94
Xtarxhyne
Snowangel
Eniqurl
Debdave
Divepen
PrinceAdepoju
Labaski
D9ty7
Candis009
Cyclone1
AmJane
pricelesslove
foslink
Kunzu
Seunviju
Okotv
Re: THE WEB by missviva(f): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2014
Wow...Мα∂αм seriki the earlier ‎​you say the truth,the better 4 ‎​ ‎​Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и̣̣̣̣̥...more ink 2 ur pen,Candy
Re: THE WEB by pricelesslove(f): 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
I dey with you. may God strengthened you.
Re: THE WEB by Fatalveli(m): 1:19pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nairalanders, it is here again. A thread where u
will be able to show appreciation to ur best
authors by just voting for them... Follow dis
link: https://www.nairaland.com/1958564/
literature-
section-awards-nomination-thread
Show them dat u are the best followers and
fans they can ever think of by just clicking the
thread above and cast ur vote! Thanks 4 ur time
Note: If u don't have a boo, we are also giving
boo for gifts there for both males and females
*lols*
Re: THE WEB by Eniqurl(f): 3:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
Followinq
Mre grease tu ya elbow.
Re: THE WEB by Queenxstar(f): 5:08pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nawa to Madam Seriki.
Re: THE WEB by tescoleps(f): 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
candy:

What's up peeps? I'm not getting your feedbacks again na...ginger a sister abeg.

Abuklaw
Tescoleps
Hameenat94
Xtarxhyne
Snowangel
Eniqurl
Debdave
Divepen
PrinceAdepoju
Labaski
D9ty7
Candis009
Cyclone1
AmJane
pricelesslove
foslink
Kunzu
Seunviju
Okotv
Welldone candy.. Stil following
Re: THE WEB by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 22, 2014
Dis story is getting more Interesting..... More mb 2 ur phone. Keep it rolling...
Re: THE WEB by labaski(f): 11:27pm On Oct 22, 2014
abeg no vex..m very busy dese days..nice work ma'am..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (36) (Reply)

Call Of The Wind: THE GENESIS [Magic] / PERFIDY- A STORY OF LOVE,BETRAYAL AND DECEIT / We Are Able(a Touching Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.