Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,364 members, 7,850,333 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:43 PM

How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife (1972 Views)

How Does One Politely Turn Down A Crush From A Female ? / 6 Cool Ways A Lady Can Say "I Love You" To A Man Without Saying It Verbally / My Fiance Is Verbally Abusive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by dein77(m): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2014
Good morning, good people.
I have learned a lot from your comments in the past. I look forward to learning more today.
How does one manage a verbally abusive wife?
Words are killers. Words are also healers.
Everybody gets angry sometimes, and words can be spewed in the process.
Everybody deserves to be respected.
Some of us find it very sad and depressing when people who are dear to us routinely insult us.
How does one prevent such issues?
Pls I need advice.
More homes are destroyed through verbal abuse than we realise. Verbally abuses degrade and threatens a man's self esteem.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 15, 2014
why did you marry an illiterate in first place?? (no ofense)

1 Like

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 15, 2014
Yungwizzzy: why did you marry an illiterate in first place?? (no ofense)

Get your head straight.
People pretend until after Marriage, then they stop pretending.

7 Likes

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by dein77(m): 8:38am On Sep 15, 2014
Yungwizzzy: why did you marry an illiterate in first place?? (no ofense)

Pls learn to provide solutions. Education goes beyond academics.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 15, 2014
dein77:

Pls learn to provide solutions. Education goes beyond academics.

ok divorce her

1 Like

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Priceless24(f): 8:56am On Sep 15, 2014
TrollMan:

Get your head straight.
People pretend until after Marriage, then they stop pretending.

You are right Trollman, people do pretend until after marriage. OP if you are willing to work through it, I would encourage you to sit her down and talk to her, let her know that you will no longer tolerate abusive words from her and if she refuses to change....you have the final say. A woman can make and break a home but no matter what happens OP pls do not descend to her level or resort to physical abuse.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 15, 2014
I no a guy named "a pim.p named slickback". Very reliable dude. Wears a purple suit. U should hire him. He agrees wif most of my sentiments and ideologies regarding women. U want his number?
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Missonas(f): 9:15am On Sep 15, 2014
Earplugs.she's welcome to knock herself out lol
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by TRADELYN: 9:49am On Sep 15, 2014
Dear dein77,

I really do feel your pains!
It shows that she no longer has regard for you.

There are lots of thing that can be done to correct this.

You have to first understand her strengths and weaknesses.

I will be better able to help you if you could tell me.

However, you have to be reminded that respect is earned...it seems you are doing something wrong!

It's well!!!

1 Like

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by great289(m): 10:19am On Sep 15, 2014
take tins easy with her... When she is abusn u pls dnt reply her jst do as if u are nt hearn what she is sayn.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by dein77(m): 10:28am On Sep 15, 2014
great289: take tins easy with her... When she is abusn u pls dnt reply her jst do as if u are nt hearn what she is sayn.

How can one prevent the abusr in the first place?
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 15, 2014
Walk away whenever she starts running her mouth.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Houseofglam7(f): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2014
Look at her, shake your head and waltz away.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Tymax(m): 11:10am On Sep 15, 2014
shockwave91: I no a guy named "a pim.p named slickback". Very reliable dude. Wears a purple suit. U should hire him. He agrees wif most of my sentiments and ideologies regarding women. U want his number?
Hahahaha I haven't seen/heard that name in a loooooong time.
Apimpnamedslickback cheesy Boonducks...

At topic: It is quite unfortunate. No man deserves to be lumped up with such a terrible woman. My advice is for him to avoid her dark side as much as possible cos hitting her will only escalate things.

When she starts her wahala he should just go and lock himself up in his study or take a stroll to cool off. Usually, such women will apologize when they calm down, but the damage would have been done.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 15, 2014
She probably has sumthin bothering her nd she's just acting out. Or there's a third person in the picture giving her bad advice...marriage is sacred nd if ur vows mean anything ull work on it, even if it means getting professional help if she's willing.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by stinggy(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2014
[size=14pt]Keep slapping her till she learn manners[/size]
Might take eons tho undecided
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by dein77(m): 11:26am On Sep 15, 2014
Tymax:

At topic: It is quite unfortunate. No man deserves to be lumped up with such a terrible woman. My advice is for him to avoid her dark side as much as possible cos hitting her will only escalate things.

When she starts her wahala he should just go and lock himself up in his study or take a stroll to cool off. Usually, such women will apologize when they calm down, but the damage would have been done.

Every sensitive and smart person sincerely acknowledges their wrongs and duly apologize. I have stressed on various occasions that I wont tolerate being directly insulted, but it has so far fallen on deaf ears. Its being on since late 2011.......
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 15, 2014
someone is here asking us how he can manage an abusive wife. My dear, you can't manage whats not yours. It is only that which is yours you can manage. Her being abusive is not your act, it is her's. So it is her's to manage!

And pls, don't take those advice that you have to just look at her and keep quiet. You are not suppose to absorb anything; do it, and you will end up a poor excuse for the human being, trust me.

The best thing to do is to get out of a relationship with a serial verbal abuser.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by dein77(m): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2014
Houseofglam7: Look at her, shake your head and waltz away.

I have done that on countless occasion. Obviously, its not working.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Houseofglam7(f): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2014
dein77:

I have done that on countless occasion. Obviously, its not working.
Take a walk to clear your head and return when its dark.

Get earplugs on your way back home.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by dein77(m): 11:34am On Sep 15, 2014
Houseofglam7:
Take a walk to clear your head and return when its dark.

Get earplugs on your way back home.

That appears a temporary solution to me.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Houseofglam7(f): 11:37am On Sep 15, 2014
dein77:

That appears a temporary solution to me.

Is it on a daily basis?
If it is, I'll get suggest suggest you leave that relationship.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Tymax(m): 11:43am On Sep 15, 2014
dein77:

Every sensitive and smart person sincerely acknowledges their wrongs and duly apologize. I have stressed on various occasions that I wont tolerate being directly insulted, but it has so far fallen on deaf ears. Its being on since late 2011.......
Bro, it's a cross you must bear. Avoid violence as much as possible. It's not your fault. I know it is painful to be disrespected this much especially if it happens in public.

Just keep your cool. She may never outgrow it. But with time you will develop a thick skin and find ways around it.

I won't ask you to keep reporting to her parents since she grew up to be abusive under their watch.

Just know that if you revenge in like manner or with violence, you will be fueling her. If you want peace, please don't stoke the fire.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by dein77(m): 11:47am On Sep 15, 2014
Tymax:
Bro, it's a cross you must bear. Avoid violence as much as possible. It's not your fault. I know it is painful to be disrespected this much especially if it happens in public.

Just keep your cool. [b]She may never outgrow it.[/b] But with time you will develop a thick skin and find ways around it.

I won't ask you to keep reporting to her parents since she grew up to be abusive under their watch.

Just know that if you revenge in like manner or with violence, you will be fueling her. If you want peace, please don't stoke the fire.

Obviously, she wont outgrow it.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by great289(m): 12:12pm On Sep 15, 2014
dein77:

How can one prevent the abusr in the first place?
maybe she nrmally jokingly abuse u befr n u tk it as ntn and it kips growing...stp keepn quiet sometinx u ve to be a man and mk her no u are d head(at ds point u can do it harshly if d need arise). Be the man of d haus no mata wic way. And importantly mk sure durn sex u are always on top cos scientist can prove dt women who tend to be in control durn sex always behave lik her.lol
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by mentorandfriend(m): 12:39pm On Sep 15, 2014
Hahahaha. Though marriage is meant to be enjoyed not endured, there are things you just have to endure. Love so hard till it hurts no more. Also try talking it over with her. Court her from morning till bedtime to get her totally seduced and in need of your member, then bring up the topic under the sheets. That is the time most productive discussions occur in marriage. Try to understand what I mean. Cant say more than that.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Nobody: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2014
hmmm....

Simply ignore her....Leave the environment.....When you stay around, you ll be provoked to do things you ll later regret....Dont exchange words with her....Just keep quiet....
If the insult is getting too much, you can decide to inform her peeps at home...Or make her learn her lesson in a hard way...
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2014
Tymax:

well dat might work for him. But if/when it doesn't....i recommend "the n.igga in a purple suit".

Just remembered that solomon's quote about things being better for a man if he slept on a roof than being in the same house with a nagging b.itch. I mean....gosh....damn. Wat would Apimpnamedslickback have done abt dat? Hmmmm
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by egopersonified(f): 1:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
1. Dont reply when she is verbally abusing you, it would just give her more to say.
2. Where possible, leave the house.
3. Build up your self-esteem becos no matter how unrealistic her abuses are, sometimes you would actually start believing them.
4. She might be doing it to hurt you, find out if there is something you do that hurts her and makes her get back at you this way.
5. When she is calm and happy, call her into your room and gently talk to her about this issue, you would have to do this on a regular basis. Its not just telling her you dont like the abuses and its effect on you, ask her what she wants you to do differently.
6. Pray for and with her. When you pray together, dont just say, father bless our marriage, say something like, father open my wife's eyes to see that I love and cherish her and help her stop being abusive that we might live in peace as one big happy family. Bottomline, be specific.
7. After any of her verbal storms, even before she apologises, when going out ask her: honey/babe/baby, do you need anything, i'm going out.
8. Treat her the way you would treat a new found love, take her out, even if it is to a buka, visit family and friends together, go to church together and sit beside each other, wear same outfits, do things alone without the presense of the kids, book a hotel for the both of you for the weekend, assist her in the kitchen when she is cooking, etc, etc.
9. Praise her in the presense of others.
10. Buy her things you notice she needs, even if it is just a change of toothbrush.

I can go on and on, but the bottomline is : show her what it means to love someone and with time she would learn from you. All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by spanzed(m): 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2014
First thing first respect urself..ur actions is what would lead to her abusing you they say silence answeret d girigiri of women...
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by gsalvatore: 4:43pm On Sep 15, 2014
Cut her tongues.

No Tongues, No Verbs.

Good thinking, Good Product.
Re: How Does One Manage A Verbally Abusive Wife by dre11(m): 5:35pm On Sep 15, 2014
Walk away if u can't take it
Call her parents to call her to order

If it continues..... Then tell them to come and take their daughter back.... That ure not intrested in the union again

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Is Not The Asking Type. / Guys Can You Date A Girl That Has Given A Mouth Gig Before? / Why Girls Should Be Lied To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.