Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" (40167 Views)

Nigerian Military Buried Shiite Members Alive- Amnesty International. / Unpaid Salaries: Osun Lawmakers Now Sweep Chambers / President Buhari,osinbajo Visited Council Chambers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
And this is news, its the country not one big torture chamber...a country so rich yet its people so poor... cry

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by piagetskinner(m): 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
Most of these so called suspect aren't even aware, or do not even know anything about the crime committed in question...some military/police men just look for scape goats to be used as pepper soup
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2014
This is a proof Nigeria has been trampling on human rights for a very long time. I hope something is done to find solution to this very barbaric act.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by mrham03(m): 12:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
when will i ever some good news about bokogeria? Smh
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by ochiosa(m): 12:45pm On Sep 19, 2014
Exjoker: Rubbish!!!...Ask de immates at guantanamo bay detention camp how life is like there...this oyibos shul stop fokin at us in de name of HRW...look at countries like china, russia, southi arabia, iran, sudan, india etc wit human rite violiation buh why isnt HRW complainin bout them?
they want Nigeria to fail nothing more nothing less, that is why they don't want Nigerian to buy arms to fight those useless elements.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by lakesider(m): 12:49pm On Sep 19, 2014
ignis: Without torture , how can we extract the truth from criminal and terrorist suspects?
Should the military men host them in an air conditioned room and buy them Ice cream and cake?

oga i think u still live in d past, please get more familar with google and discover how law enforcement agency have extracted truth from criminals without interfering with their human right
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by KingsJohnson(m): 12:52pm On Sep 19, 2014
Pls fellow Nairalanders, we are in need of a good sports analyst for our monthly magazine

www.nairaland.com/1910503/need-good-sport-analyst-good#26431286
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by karpentar: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
When will Amnesty International show pictures of Bokoharam (aka APC) torture chambers? Please, help me find out. I need to compare the two for sidekicks. TGIF!!!!
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 12:54pm On Sep 19, 2014
they live sorrow tears and blood....their regular trademark
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by zicoraads: 12:57pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lmao...Naija Police have been torturing guys since 14BC and Amnesty International just saying crap now? undecided undecided
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Herrmes: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
How do we know this research has been going on for years? How do we believe these guys? Is it just because they are an international group? It takes more than a long essay to pass this statement as "word" along. Let em bring proof or they should just say they wanted to push the government into taking this matter to the legislature, No proofs, in form of pictures, audio, videos, even in the case they said they interviewed numbers of people why not post they video of the interview? and you can still scramble the faces of the victims, it's easy but all these are just letters pieced together aimed to make sense or not ( Ad Hominem).
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by karpentar: 1:04pm On Sep 19, 2014
sunboy: Now I can see the USA is determined to destroy this country. Just yesterday the military was complaining about the USA blocking their ways that we were blacklisted to buy arms because of human rights violations, I didn't really believed it because we can always buy from Russia, Iran, China and even India who won't wait a second to sell. Now I'm reading about human right publishing this shi.t now I believed whatever the military excuse of laundering such cash. This mu.mu human right people no see Israel on Palestine soil committing anything, the USA Guatemala bay ? The Russian KGB method which was considered the toughest? The Indians torture was sef especially their police. What the mess does the USA stands to gain from a divided or destroyed Nigeria ?
I also strongly believe that I.diot Australian old man is a plant by the western world who's volunteering to talk sh.it he wasn't paid to do. All these doesn't just add up ?
Bottom line: either USA like it or not, petrodollar is going for good, then they can start surviving on their technology and become their dream world largest oil exporter. I'm beginning to dislike that country this days and their puppets media must especially BBC who never publish any good news from the military but look for lope holes. Like the same USA would have brought peace to Liberia suppose Nigeria army didn't single handedly did.
I'm vex.ed

Old boy, what will USA gain by destroying an irrelevant and poor country like Nigeria? As of today, USA buys less of our oil because of huge discovered shale oil and gas within USA. I am not sure I agree with you, unless you explain further.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Herrmes: 1:08pm On Sep 19, 2014
Human rights are over-rated I don't mind government trampling on certain rights every now and then, especially when something has to be done, this is Nigeria after all, people should stop fussing over it, everything can't go plainly, we all have to agree with consequentialism, "the ends justifies the means."
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by uzoexcel(m): 1:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
i dnt take solace in deriding the west mon amie..on several of my threads i have condemned nigeria and africa for not been indigeneous enough...i do honest analysis and analyze the news as it comes...i also knw that sometimes or most of the time, the west would nt really support any african country trying to break free of its hold;Ghaddafi's death should be a case in pointer and the loud silence of all african countries while libya was been pummelled by NATO should be a case in point...i v Libyan frds here and when they furnish me with tales of the current rape of libya compared to the libya under ghaddafi,u cant help but sigh sadly
Also, but i never thought to say this but recent proclamations from several world leaders makes things scary..Obama as at last week is deploying 3000 soldiers to west africa to 'fight' ebola as according to him, ebola is a threat to the USA...Why nt send vaccines or doctors..what the hell r these soldiers gonna do; shoot down the virus?
As per blaming naija, i blame the FG and our secret service who really arent slick and are quite unable to play politic on a large scale...what stopped naija from courting russia who are well versed in weaponry for weapons?why ll u buy arms through israel knowing that any secret deal u make will be leaked as the israelis are in bed together with the americans?havnt our intelligence knowledge of using 2nd 3rd and 4th untraceable parties to buy weaponry of which the links will be quite intraceable back to the Nigerian govt?dont they even read Robert ludlum's novels or top novels to have an idea of hw intelligence is played?

InvertedHammer:

\
Are you pissed that the message is false ?

Or

Are you pissed at the messenger?

USA didn't want to sell weapons to Nigeria. Well manufacture your own f@cking weapon!

You take solace in deriding the West. But faced with any freaking challenge, you start panhandling to the West.

Necessity is the mother of invention. Nigeria has the necessity but where is the invention?

\

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by qadeerkug(m): 1:12pm On Sep 19, 2014
adeoladrg: “A policewoman took me to a small room, told me
to remove everything I was wearing. She spread
my legs wide and fired tear gas into my
womanliness… I was asked to confess that I was
an armed robber… I was bleeding… up till now I
still feel pain in my womb.”

lipsrsealed

hahahahahaha dude sorrie ooh
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by ducii: 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ekundayo7:
Procuring knowledge is the best way to stem ignorance...
1. Amnesty International is a Non-profit, Non-governmental organization which mission is "to protect human rights". It was founded on May, 28 1961 in London. http://www.glotter.com/entry-2869

2. At 3pm on 2 November 1936 the BBC began the world's first regular hi-definition television service, from specially constructed studios at Alexandra Palace in North London. http://www.bbc.co.uk/historyofthebbc

3. Guantanamo Bay Amnesty International listed US indefinite detention of 166 prisoners at Guantanamo as the country's primary human rights concern in its latest annual report. [/b]The paper also denounced drone strikes and uninvestigated deaths from secret CIA detentions.

4. [b]What assistance has the United States provided to Nigeria to help it counter the Boko Haram threat?

U.S.-Nigerian diplomatic engagement has focused on the Boko Haram threat through a Regional
Security Working Group of the Binational Commission, as well as through regular engagement
by U.S. embassy officials in Abuja. Through the BNC dialogue, the United States has supported
Nigerian efforts to establish a joint intelligence fusion center; the FBI has also provided periodic
support to the Nigerian government to assist in specific incident investigations. The United States
has provided counterterrorism training and assistance to Nigerian civilian and law enforcement
agencies, but counterterrorism support for the Nigerian military has been limited in comparison
with that provided to some countries in the Sahel and East Africa. U.S. military assistance to
Nigeria has focused primarily on professionalization, peacekeeping support and training, and
border and maritime security. The country has received sizable assistance to support the Nigerian
military’s peacekeeping deployments through the Global Peacekeeping Operations Initiative
(GPOI), totaling $2 million to $3 million annually in recent years. Nigeria also receives on
average $1 million annually in Foreign Military Financing (FMF), which has been used to sustain
the country’s fleet of C-130 aircraft.
Nigerian security forces have received counternarcotics
assistance from the State Department and DOD.
U.S. counterterrorism programs in Nigeria are implemented through the State Department’s West
Africa Regional Security Initiative (WARSI), the Trans-Sahara Counterterrorism Partnership
(TSCTP) and other State Department-led initiatives, including Anti-Terrorism Assistance (ATA)
and the Regional Strategic Initiative (RSI), as well as through DOD funds for counterterrorism
and military-to-military cooperation activities.

Nigerian law enforcement agencies receive ATA and RSI training regularly totaling more than $3 million per year, focusing on border security,crisis response, counter-IED, and investigative and analytic capacity. Counterterrorism assistance
to the military is increasing—FY2014 assistance includes $5 million in counter-IED and civil-
military relations training, and U.S. military trainers have recently begun efforts to train a ranger
battalion. Some U.S. assistance for Nigerian military and police units has been restricted based on
human rights concerns (see below)
The State Department and USAID additionally support programs that focus on counteringradicalization in Nigeria. Other counterterrorism-related support includes justice sector programming focused on improving Nigerian capacity to prosecute terrorist financing cases.
MEANWHILE.....
"Turkish Airlines denies smuggling arms to Boko Haram The statement specifically stated that no arms deliveries were made to Nigeria from Turkey or any other country"...worldbulletin.net

What are the major factors constraining further U.S. assistance to Nigerian security forces in their operations against Boko Haram?
Human rights concerns have constrained U.S. security assistance to Nigeria for both legal and policy reasons, and coordination on counterterrorism efforts has also been hampered at times by a lack of cooperation from Nigerian officials. U.S. legal provisions, popularly known as the Leahy Laws, that prohibit assistance to foreign security force units implicated in gross violations of human rights have had a significant impact on U.S.-Nigerian security cooperation. DOD officials have further described Nigeria as “an extremely challenging partner to work with,” and“slow to adapt with new strategies, new doctrines, and new tactics.”

if you ask me i'll say the US has no moral backing in stopping the support they give to Nigeria, due to human right, because they are more culpable than we are. Your write up even made the same observations.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by tefund(m): 1:13pm On Sep 19, 2014
Seriously nigerian police should be disbanded and all those Abacha policemen should be retired without pension..new men recruited

2 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
ignis: Without torture , how can we extract the truth from criminal and terrorist suspects?
Should the military men host them in an air conditioned room and buy them Ice cream and cake?

Since Nigerians think like animals I guess you all deserve the animal treatment.

The Guantanamo lots of you are screaming about here was brought to light by this same organization and their activities are not limited to Nigeria by no means, I smh for you shortsighted none thinking primates.

Truly there is no hope for this black nation, defending the same people that'll treat you like animals.

4 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by ochiosa(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2014
kadas01: http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29254500

The above link shows how "biased" these "imperialists are!

Even with the recent gains recorded by our gallant Armed Forces, BBC has refused to report such success on their website!

I don't know what they stand to "gain" when they choose to "blackmail" our country at this "critical hour"!! This is real blackmail am sick and tired of this oyibo people, now they don't want Nigeria to buy arms legitimately pushing the gov. to take back door.

The Lord is watching!!
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by JUHABACH: 1:16pm On Sep 19, 2014
Feedmemore: I thought they said all is fair in war. No? We are at war against agent of the devils parading themselves as Muslims, all necessary technique should be used to get the info needed to stop the next suicide bomb.

just because we re at war doesnt mean we should become animals
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 19, 2014
america killin iraqis, israel kilin palestins yet amnesty no talk. rubbish
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by RunnaRunna(m): 1:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
Welcome to the jungle called africa n Nigeria the centre where d wild animals rule.I wonder how one can live wit using teargas on a fellow womans p.part or insertin broom sticks in2 anoda mans dick 2 gt a confessn tht mostimes lead 2 nothin.And yet sme pple here applaud this acts n say america is against them(retards).I really hope some of u here gt picked up on one of this usual 9ja police raids n then one overzealous lancecorporal decides to shine in frnt of OGA by claimin u're amng d boys/girls witout even bein sure.Then,mayb only then will u understnd wat this AI folks are talkin abt.Most of u are jst blinded by dirty loyalty n when a couple of issues r raised as regards nigeria u begn to look 4 BBC n CNN to blame.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by severee(m): 1:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
NNMUU:

Here are some torture techniques carried out in Guantanamo bay.
this was said by one of d failed 9/11 hijacker

" Water is poured over the detainee. Interrogations start at Midnight, and last 12 hours. When he falls asleep, he is woken up by American pop music and water. Female personnel tries to humiliate and upset him, which is successful. A military dog is used to intimidate him. The soldiers play the American anthem and force him to salute. They stick pictures of 9/11 victims to him. He is forced to bark like a dog and his beard and hair are shaved. He is stripped nude. Fake menstrual blood is smeared at him and he is forced to wear a women's bra"

grin sounds like fun
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by ducii: 1:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
django1:

Since Nigerians think like animals I guess you all deserve the animal treatment.

The Guantanamo lots of you are screaming about here was brought to light by this same organization and their activities are not limited to Nigeria by no means, I smh for you shortsighted none thinking primates.

Truly there is no hope for this black nation, defending the same people that'll treat you like animals.

So what have they done about human rights abuse in Guantanamo Bay, that is the issue we are talking about. How did Gaddaffi die, he was killed in broad day light like a chicken. where was this organisation when this act was committed. The issue is that if you are talking of human right then it has to be across the board.

You criticise the NA for killing BH but when the army retaliates it becomes inhumane. Has anybody tried to tally how many innocent civilians have died in Afghanistan, Iraq and Yemen. No too long ago a Drone crashed into a wedding ceremony in Yemen, killing everybody that attended that wedding. who is investigating that? so if we are talking about human right then it has to be across board otherwise it is POINTLESS!!!
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 1:31pm On Sep 19, 2014
Punkinmusty: america killin iraqis, israel kilin palestins yet amnesty no talk. rubbish

And Amnesty too routinely bashes America and Israel...see here for Amnesty's ongoing Israel project.....and here for the US reports.

And here is the Amnesty report on US abuses in Iraq....

Amnesty is not biased....it criticizes ALL.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
ducii:

So what have they done about human rights abuse in Guantanamo Bay, that is the issue we are talking about. How did Gaddaffi die, he was killed in broad day light like a chicken. where was this organisation when this act was committed. The issue is that if you are talking of human right then it has to be across the board.

You criticise the NA for killing BH but when the army retaliates it becomes inhumane. Has anybody tried to tally how many innocent civilians have died in Afghanistan, Iraq and Yemen. No too long ago a Drone crashed into a wedding ceremony in Yemen, killing everybody that attended that wedding. who is investigating that? so if we are talking about human right then it has to be across board otherwise it is POINTLESS!!!

In case you did not know...Amnesty cannot change governments policy.,...and does not run the govt of the USA.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by XuteSleeks(m): 1:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
Kinda curious. Is there an alternative to torture?
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
Daninya1: Why is it that most of these BHM boiz are very dark skinned?they are just to dark for an average Nigerian...I don't think they are Nigerians...
some of them might be Ghanaians , that's why they don't have sense.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by ducii: 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
bushdoc9919:

In case you did not know...Amnesty cannot change governments policy.,...and does not run the govt of the USA.

I was alluding to somebody who said that the USA no longer wants to partner Nigerian in the fight against BH.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by udohzone(m): 1:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
sunboy: Now I can see the USA is determined to destroy this country. Just yesterday the military was complaining about the USA blocking their ways that we were blacklisted to buy arms because of human rights violations, I didn't really believed it because we can always buy from Russia, Iran, China and even India who won't wait a second to sell. Now I'm reading about human right publishing this shi.t now I believed whatever the military excuse of laundering such cash. This mu.mu human right people no see Israel on Palestine soil committing anything, the USA Guatemala bay ? The Russian KGB method which was considered the toughest? The Indians torture was sef especially their police. What the mess does the USA stands to gain from a divided or destroyed Nigeria ?
I also strongly believe that I.diot Australian old man is a plant by the western world who's volunteering to talk sh.it he wasn't paid to do. All these doesn't just add up ?
Bottom line: either USA like it or not, petrodollar is going for good, then they can start surviving on their technology and become their dream world largest oil exporter. I'm beginning to dislike that country this days and their puppets media must especially BBC who never publish any good news from the military but look for lope holes. Like the same USA would have brought peace to Liberia suppose Nigeria army didn't single handedly did.
I'm vex.ed

Nigerians like you would continue to remain clueless when you speak about issues as raised by the organization.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
Exmay: Picture of the Chamber or .............(U no the rest). And by the way can u summarize the Long Essay

You're so stu.pid
No stupid is quite mild.
You're a degenerate.

Typical blood thirsty, trigger happy buffoo.n

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 19, 2014
ducii:

For one, amenesty international does not equal America, their own job is to expose any atrocities against humanity. They expose the activities of governments and terror groups alike.

Now, who do you think USA imprisons in Guantanamo bay? American citizens? No, mostly convicted terrorists. How does that compare to Nigerian armed forces brutalizing and most often than not killing suspects? Y'all need your heads checked.

I just don't know if its a black man's curse or something, we just ccan't think straight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dolapo Osinbajo Gets Emotional At HID Awolowo's Lying In State / Babatunde Fashola Visits Bola Tinubu In Abuja (Photos) / How Sex Fuels Boko Haram Insurgency By Yusuf Abubakar Mahmud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.