Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,715 members, 7,816,947 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" (40169 Views)

Nigerian Military Buried Shiite Members Alive- Amnesty International. / Unpaid Salaries: Osun Lawmakers Now Sweep Chambers / President Buhari,osinbajo Visited Council Chambers Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by soulglo: 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
sunboy: Now I can see the USA is determined to destroy this country. Just yesterday the military was complaining about the USA blocking their ways that we were blacklisted to buy arms because of human rights violations, I didn't really believed it because we can always buy from Russia, Iran, China and even India who won't wait a second to sell. Now I'm reading about human right publishing this shi.t now I believed whatever the military excuse of laundering such cash. This mu.mu human right people no see Israel on Palestine soil committing anything, the USA Guatemala bay ? The Russian KGB method which was considered the toughest? The Indians torture was sef especially their police. What the mess does the USA stands to gain from a divided or destroyed Nigeria ?
I also strongly believe that I.diot Australian old man is a plant by the western world who's volunteering to talk sh.it he wasn't paid to do. All these doesn't just add up ?
Bottom line: either USA like it or not, petrodollar is going for good, then they can start surviving on their technology and become their dream world largest oil exporter. I'm beginning to dislike that country this days and their puppets media must especially BBC who never publish any good news from the military but look for lope holes. Like the same USA would have brought peace to Liberia suppose Nigeria army didn't single handedly did.
I'm vex.ed

Blame the US because you don't want to take responsibility. Interesting that you did not deny that the Nigerian police routinely tortures innocent people. The 15 year old child with those horrible scars was America's handiwork. The woman who is old enough to be my mother who was held down and a stick was used to sodomize her was tortured on orders straight from Obama himself. You need to clean your house before you get mad.

3 Likes

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 3:22pm On Sep 19, 2014
___

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by InvertedHammer: 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2014
kadas01: For you to quote my post and end up writing "nonsense"; it simply means "You don't have any sense"! Animal!
\
From what hole did this worm crawl out from?

I quoted you. Yes! Now you can print it out and hang in your parlour as a souvenir to give a semblance of meaning to your miserable life.

/

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Exmay(m): 3:24pm On Sep 19, 2014
ebdib:

Oh wait and his highly insensitive comment to the plight of millions suffering is polite?
If you have nothing to say. GTFO OF MY MENTIONS
if I'm not mistaken boy, u quoted me first... By the way, get a life and stop transferring ur aggression tru a faceless forum... I'm not responsible for the failure of ur linage so why picking on me....
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by ducii: 3:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
django1:

For one, amenesty international does not equal America, their own job is to expose any atrocities against humanity. They expose the activities of governments and terror groups alike.

Now, who do you think USA imprisons in Guantanamo bay? American citizens? No, mostly convicted terrorists. How does that compare to Nigerian armed forces brutalizing and most often than not killing suspects? Y'all need your heads checked.

I just don't know if its a black man's curse or something, we just ccan't think straight.

My broda do ur research very well, there are innocent people in Guantanamo Bay. Like the Egyptian that was there for over a year who visited Egypt and was on his way back( for ur information he was American). You need to check your head as well. Have you spoken to a muslim trying to enter America before? Speak to them so that they can tell you how they are treated before we can start talking about human rights.

Have you heard what the American government and British government are trying to do to British people with Syrian back ground, they are saying that once they visit Syria their citizenship should be revoked. so what that means is that these individuals will be trapped in the place of their birth. They can not visit family members back home. so you go figure....
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by fluteman: 3:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
kadas01: I hope the mods and admin are seeing this? In the meantime, "WOE betide you and your generation"!!! Animal!
You have just shown the world your poor upbringing. You accused som1 of being senseless, whereas you were actually the one not making any sense. Really behaving tru to type....online tout
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Logistic760(m): 3:30pm On Sep 19, 2014
Lord free our dear country, d situation is getting out of hand.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
Exmay: if I'm not mistaken boy, u quoted me first... By the way, get a life and stop transferring ur aggression tru a faceless forum... I'm not responsible for the failure of ur linage so why picking on me....

E-diot. I didn't even know you were the one that wrote that insensitive drivel.
May God forgive you.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Ghost01(m): 3:33pm On Sep 19, 2014
So disturbing! This has been happening for years and we are all very aware (and for those like me, we are scared). For those trying to divert the attention from the issue on ground, it is when you are an innocent victim that you'll know. Every time I hear that the police killed armed robbers or that the SSS arrested and detained someone for days, or even weeks, I'm usually disturbed. It's soooo unlawful! No policeman has the right to execute a fellow human being in this country. It's wrong, and whenever such happens, the culprit should be made for account for his/her crime(s). Same goes for our military (wo)men, abusing and harassing the rest in the society just because you wear a uniform and you carry a gun is wrong! People have to respect the law. They should. Stop the torturing and killing of others in the society just because you suspect them of something. Only the courts have the jurisdiction to sentence someone to die (and I'm hoping that in the not too distant future, we too will abolish the death penalty). Stop torturing suspected criminals to extract confessions. Torture is just wrong. I've been abused -- though not too harshly (because I "cooperated" on time) -- by the police before and I know just how dehumanising it is. It's time we said "enough is enough!"
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Olyboy16(m): 3:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
InvertedHammer:
\
Try to think from the other side if the divide...

If you were the West, would you consciously let any nation grow out of your influence?

What happens to the master if the slave grows bigger than the master? Take a look at what is happening to Russia for trying to reassert her influence. In the case of Nigeria, they are not even pretending to be trying.

Wooing international investors in this century is a waste of time. If you build, they must come. Heck if there is money to be made, you can never keep investors out.

There you have it.
/
Infact i wonder whats wrong with africa beefing the west. According to historical facts, the west has done far much more good to this world than the east!! Infact, the east are actualy the corrupt, inhuman, racists and pagans part o3 the world. Russia is filled with racist and inhuman people, and its overall a torture den. China is a pagan(atheist) full of conspiracy, hatred for the west and a communist ruled country. The government right abuse on the citizens there is even worse than new zealand's!!
We need to educate our fellow africans that these westerners are not our enemies! Even though they have their dark sides, they have more good intentions than the so-called east. Africa only needs to stand straight to embrace dia good side and repel dia dark side!
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by maasoap(m): 3:38pm On Sep 19, 2014
This is the major reason why Jonathan finds it difficult to get countries that are ready to sell weapons to our military. Human rights abuse on large scale, from military to police to civilian jtf to ordinary vigilante. Baga midnight massacre cant be forgotten easily.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by ducii: 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
fluteman:
I can't believe you have this mentality too SMH...

I pray you or anyone you are close to experience what some of these people tasted, then you will realise. I ask you, is it only boko haram suspects that they do this too? What of the testimony of the southern girl whose private part was tear gassed?

As for the guantanamo prison, the Americans will only allow this to be done against Arabs, never with their OWN CITIZENS...chei, nigeirans still think like animals, no wonder the country is as it is.

You are talking about the American police that just shot a defenceless young boy or what are you talking about, or because he is black he does not equate to being American. Do you know how many black teenagers are beaten everyday in America. even celebrities are not exempted from this immoral act. The issue is that torture is bad be it American, Arab or anybody period
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by kadas01(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
InvertedHammer:
\
From what hole did this worm crawl out from?

I quoted you. Yes! Now you can print it out and hang in your parlour as a souvenir to give a semblance of meaning to your miserable life.

/
When "spineless" human souls like you come online to claim "macho"; it is never your fault! Stupi.d nonentity!!
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by uzoexcel(m): 3:39pm On Sep 19, 2014
thanks for ur logical reply

i v reasoned both ways out but then one cant surely remain neutral on issues affecting 'one's people'...

more than half the fault remains with africa. its leaders and its followership

InvertedHammer:
\
Try to think from the other side if the divide...

If you were the West, would you consciously let any nation grow out of your influence?

What happens to the master if the slave grows bigger than the master? Take a look at what is happening to Russia for trying to reassert her influence. In the case of Nigeria, they are not even pretending to be trying.

Wooing international investors in this century is a waste of time. If you build, they must come. Heck if there is money to be made, you can never keep investors out.

There you have it.
/
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by maasoap(m): 3:41pm On Sep 19, 2014
ducii:

My broda do ur research very well, there are innocent people in Guantanamo Bay. Like the Egyptian that was there for over a year who visited Egypt and was on his way back( for ur information he was American). You need to check your head as well. Have you spoken to a muslim trying to enter America before? Speak to them so that they can tell you how they are treated before we can start talking about human rights.

Have you heard what the American government and British government are trying to do to British people with Syrian back ground, they are saying that once they visit Syria their citizenship should be revoked. so what that means is that these individuals will be trapped in the place of their birth. They can not visit family members back home. so you go figure....
So, what is your gospel?
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by kadas01(m): 3:48pm On Sep 19, 2014
fluteman:
You have just shown the world your poor upbringing. You accused som1 of being senseless, whereas you were actually the one not making any sense. Really behaving tru to type....online tout
When animals like you porknose, I am never surprised! Next time, learn to mind your business! Ewu!
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by JUHABACH: 3:50pm On Sep 19, 2014
Feedmemore:

The only language the terrorist understand is brute force, if in doubt ask the Americans and the Israelis. When it comes to terrorism, all method should be employed, i still stand on that. You don't cajole a terrorist to give you vital info concerning national security, you extract info from them by doing the needful. Americans were able to extract vital info from Khaled Shiek Mohammed ( KSA) after he was water borded.

the amnesty int report mentioned the torture of innocent civilians. i m all for torturing the hell out of those boko are ram gays. but the authoriyties should try to keep innocents out of it.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by JUHABACH: 3:53pm On Sep 19, 2014
Feedmemore:

The only language the terrorist understand is brute force, if in doubt ask the Americans and the Israelis. When it comes to terrorism, all method should be employed, i still stand on that. You don't cajole a terrorist to give you vital info concerning national security, you extract info from them by doing the needful. Americans were able to extract vital info from Khaled Shiek Mohammed ( KSA) after he was water borded.

i m not opposed to torturing terrorists. but the report stated that innocent civilians were also being tortured. thats wha t i was refering to.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
Ngwakwe:

They do it to persuade international communities from selling ammunitions to Nigeria and to justify US and British policy of refusal to sell and frustrate other intending countries from doing so using their Banking systems/networks and Currency domination.

Read up some of my comments of Amnesty International to know their goals and why no Country fighting religious extremism and terrorism takes them serious.

British anti-terrorism law is an embodiment of human right abuses and it's allowed to evade critique.

**** I abhor torture in its entirety but the timing of these information/publications is absolutely diplomatic and political

Whao! Delusional much? Amnesty international exposes everyone, including the “evil USA" that you Nigerians can kill to obtain its visa.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by austine4real(m): 4:09pm On Sep 19, 2014
adeoladrg: “A policewoman took me to a small room, told me
to remove everything I was wearing. She spread
my legs wide and fired tear gas into my
womanliness… I was asked to confess that I was
an armed robber… I was bleeding… up till now I
still feel pain in my womb.”

lipsrsealed

IS THIS REAL OR LIE
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 19, 2014
ducii:

If you read carefully you will notice I said most are terrorist and I'm 100% sure they don't just arrest people on the streets of NYC and transport them to Guantanamo bay neither do they brutalize people in their police stations like Iyaganku in Ibadan.

Just because you have an american passport does not mean they will over look your origin, most people committing horrendous crime in the UK today are people of African or Arabian descent, if they place such people under scrutiny unfortunately they have more than enough reasons to do so. All in all they don't brutalize their own here is where the difference lies, must we as Africans/Nigerians continue to kill ourselves?

Police brutality is wrong and it must stop!

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Fourwinds: 4:37pm On Sep 19, 2014
assfreak:

Wen police catch u one day and torture you for wetin you no do, then you go understand wetin dis people dey talk about. By the time dem don use hammer remove your teeth and use hot iron to disfigure ur back, you go begin dey confess tings wey you no do.
my brother. u talk am well.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by InvertedHammer: 4:42pm On Sep 19, 2014
kadas01: When "spineless" human souls like you come online to claim "macho"; it is never your fault! Stupi.d nonentity!!
\

I have given you your 15 seconds of fame.

Remain blessed

/
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2014
They don't do it in western countries and we see it in their movies, they even have an English word for it, i keep saying this, so far there is an English name to anything and its found in the dictionary then it means we learnt or copied it from them. No where in the world that torture is not employed as a way of getting info from suspect, we all know is a very bad procedure. But tagging it a Nigerian thing is what i see as d main torture. When they do it in USA, UK, Russia, etc its normal practice but Nigeria it is a war crime
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by ducii: 5:25pm On Sep 19, 2014
django1:

If you read carefully you will notice I said most are terrorist and I'm 100% sure they don't just arrest people on the streets of NYC and transport them to Guantanamo bay neither do they brutalize people in their police stations like Iyaganku in Ibadan.

Just because you have an american passport does not mean they will over look your origin, most people committing horrendous crime in the UK today are people of African or Arabian descent, if they place such people under scrutiny unfortunately they have more than enough reasons to do so. All in all they don't brutalize their own here is where the difference lies, must we as Africans/Nigerians continue to kill ourselves?

Police brutality is wrong and it must stop!

Nobody is condoning torture, but trying to justify torture because of ones ethnic background is equally wrong.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Tex42(m): 5:28pm On Sep 19, 2014
we've discovered alot and nothing has been done about them. abeg make them stop to dey discover and act on the ones wey we don discover already.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 19, 2014
Exjoker: In this our tryin time we re goin information from suspects.. no be dem go come out the complain say crime high for this country if we no the collect information from suspects??

U be police officer?
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
kadas01: http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-29254500

The above link shows how "biased" these "imperialists are!

Even with the recent gains recorded by our gallant Armed Forces, BBC has refused to report such success on their website!

I don't know what they stand to "gain" when they choose to "blackmail" our country at this "critical hour"!!

The Lord is watching!!

The truth is, no one except we gullible Nigerians believes in what the military or the Nigerian media report this days.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 19, 2014
ducii:

Nobody is condoning torture, but trying to justify torture because of ones ethnic background is equally wrong.

For once you people should leave white people alone and face reality! There is a culture of police brutality in Nigeria any other talk here is just distractions that can only serve the interest of the politicians.

1 Like

Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by amanikondo: 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2014
sunboy: Now I can see the USA is determined to destroy this country. Just yesterday the military was complaining about the USA blocking their ways that we were blacklisted to buy arms because of human rights violations, I didn't really believed it because we can always buy from Russia, Iran, China and even India who won't wait a second to sell. Now I'm reading about human right publishing this shi.t now I believed whatever the military excuse of laundering such cash. This mu.mu human right people no see Israel on Palestine soil committing anything, the USA Guatemala bay ? The Russian KGB method which was considered the toughest? The Indians torture was sef especially their police. What the mess does the USA stands to gain from a divided or destroyed Nigeria ?
I also strongly believe that I.diot Australian old man is a plant by the western world who's volunteering to talk sh.it he wasn't paid to do. All these doesn't just add up ?
Bottom line: either USA like it or not, petrodollar is going for good, then they can start surviving on their technology and become their dream world largest oil exporter. I'm beginning to dislike that country this days and their puppets media must especially BBC who never publish any good news from the military but look for lope holes. Like the same USA would have brought peace to Liberia suppose Nigeria army didn't single handedly did.
I'm vex.ed

Your Brain is fluctuating. Are you normal?

Guatemala bay.

USA and BBC.

You just want to talk. If you dislike the country don't use their invention like INTERNET.
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by JuanDeDios: 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
I'm vex.ed
And you know AI didn't talk about Guatanamo and co?
Re: Amnesty International Exposes "Nigeria's Torture Chambers" by JuanDeDios: 6:14pm On Sep 19, 2014
amanikondo:

Your Brain is fluctuating. Are you normal?

Guatemala bay.

USA and BBC.

You just want to talk. If you dislike the country don't use their invention like INTERNET.
Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Sex Fuels Boko Haram Insurgency By Yusuf Abubakar Mahmud / President Jonathan Visits NSE, Launches X-gen / Man Who Was Beaten By Military Cadet On Channels TV (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.