Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,104 members, 7,835,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ (7382 Views)

What If Women Were The Breadwinners ? / Female Breadwinners Lament We Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’, Yet We Can’t Di / 3-Day-Old Amara Chiedozie Learns To Feed Herself (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
sandijey:

If u had just said that word Unintentional from the beginning I for no just dey type anyhow. Anyway off course not all women want to be housewives. My own assertions come solely from a child's point of view. It scares d hell out of me to think that I might live my child wiv a house help or something like that. Due to the course I studied. I was made to believe the 1st to 7 th year of a child's life is very important. During this period they form a conscience. If a solid conscience is not impacted in those early years of their life, a lot can go wrong. Read about child or developmental psychology. Due to personal experiences I believe it.
I would love My children to have adequate care. I just don't no the kind of care a helper can give my kid. Two strong working parents will almost certainly cause a neglect of some sort. Don't no how working mothers do it but they need to give more, or in this case since is equal rights. Both parents should give more.

In some countries, mothers give their children to nursery schools at the age of 2 or 3. These children are taken care of by professionals and have the opportunity to play with other kids and develop important social skills. Being in the care of the mother from age 1-7 is not necessarily what makes a child develop self-confidence and certain social skills and is thus not necessarily the best. And I know how important the first years are.

Besides, you don't have to work from 8 am to 10 pm when your children are young. You can also work part-time.

And if you have a husband who understands that his role does not end with financial responsibilities, you can divide the responsibilities you two have with the kids, which is also good for the children as they need a mother AND a father.

I have absolutely no problem with women who stay at home and focus on children and household chores for the rest of their lives. It's their choice. I don't even think they are inferior to mothers who work but this is not what all women want and must do.

Now this is a constructive debate.
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Lol... You are actually the one getting wrong interpretations from her post.
I read her submissions so far, and she has a point. However, I don't think the way you interpreted that bit @emboldened is how she really meant it...I might be wrong though.

By my deduction, I believe what she meant is that at the end of the day, a woman still wants to be pampered and taken care of regardless of how successful she is or how much money in millions & billions she earns...and if you're being honest with yourself, you know this is true.

@bold

Men also want to be pampered and taken care of, in one way or another. This is not a gender issue.
Apart from that, even if my husband was a millionaire, I would still want to do my job because I LOVE IT.

1 Like

Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2014
cococandy: Wash. By mouth.

Who will see you when you're kneeling down to beg her and promise it will never happen again? cheesy
I will see me and make sure I advice me not to kneel down to beg cheesy

1 Like

Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 3:20pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold

Men also want to be pampered and taken care of, in one way or another. This is not a gender issue.
Apart from that, even if my husband was a millionaire, I would still want to do my job because I LOVE IT.
Yes, men do...just not as much as women.
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 3:21pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Yes, men do...just not as much as women.

I have never asked any man to do my household chores, my laundry or my food. grin
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have never asked any man to do my household chores, my laundry or my food. grin
But you would so love it if a man suddenly ups and does them for you occasionally. wink
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 3:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
But you would so love it if a man suddenly ups and does them for you occasionally. wink

Of course!

In the same way you would enjoy it. wink
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 3:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Of course!

In the same way you would enjoy it. wink
I suppose your definition of being pampered starts and ends with doing your laundry, chores, or cooking for you huh?

And I thought diamonds were a girl's best friend, along with all the romantic gifts a man can get a hold of. cheesy
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
I suppose your definition of being pampered starts and end with doing your laundry, chores, or cooking for you huh?

And I thought diamonds were a girl's best friend, along with all the romantic gifts a man can get a hold of. cheesy

I can do the shopping on my own. It's fun. wink Doing laundry isn't.
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 4:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I can do the shopping on my own. It's fun. wink Doing laundry isn't.

Interesting.

So you're not a typical lady who would love being surprised with a box of Chanel no.5 perfume? or the very expensive Valentino dinner gown you were gawking at the other day when you were window shopping? or the newly released iPhone 6s? or a pair of the signature red-bottom louboutin? or the keys to your brand new dream car?
You mean you would really love doing the shopping for these on your own with your own money because it's fun, and not prefer your man surprise with one? cheesy

Interesting indeed!
You're every man's dream girl, no expectations from your man whatsoever. grin
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Interesting.

Yeah, that's the adjective that best describes me.

So you're not a typical lady who would love being surprised with a box of Chanel no.5 perfume? or the very expensive Valentino dinner gown you were gawking at the other day when you were window shopping? or the newly released iPhone 6s? or a pair of the signature red-bottom louboutin? or the keys to your brand new dream car?
So you mean would really love doing the shopping for these on your own with your own money because it's fun, and not prefer your man surprise with one? cheesy

If I was that rich, I would love to do the shopping on my own, alone or with some friends, coupled with a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant.

I wouldn'T reject the present though from my boyfriend and yes I would appreciate it.

I am sure you would also love to get a surprise gift like a MacBook or a dolby surround system combined with a 70" cinema TV.

Interesting indeed!
You're every man's dream girl, no expectations from your man whatsoever. grin

I don't have such expectations, indeed.
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Yeah, that's the adjective that best describes me.

If I was that rich, I would love to do the shopping on my own, alone or with some friends, coupled with a nice dinner at a fancy restaurant.

I wouldn'T reject the present though from my boyfriend and yes I would appreciate it.

I am sure you would also love to get a surprise gift like a MacBook or a dolby surround system combined with a 70" cinema TV.

I don't have such expectations, indeed.

Hmmm i dont know why i like you this carefreewannabe.
I hope your pm is working well?
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2014
Hmmmm... cool

Very tempting...but still, you portray or come off as a difficult person.

Carefreewannabe
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2014
letsdothis:

Hmmm i dont know why i like you this carefreewannabe.
I hope your pm is working well?

Sorry, I won't reply. Am taken. wink
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 4:51pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus: Hmmmm... cool

Very tempting... but still, you portray or come off as a difficult person.

Maybe I am. I am not so sure.

You come off as a cheater. tongue
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 4:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Maybe I am. I am not so sure.

You come off as a cheater. tongue
Lol...I get a lot of that.

You should however try at least to know a person outside NL's facade.
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Lol...I get a lot of that.

You should however try at least to know a person outside NL's facade.

Why would I?

I have too many enemies here. tongue
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 5:10pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why would I?

I have too many enemies here. tongue

Who doesn't have people that don't like them on NL? We all do.

But should the ones with no beef with you suffer the same fate as those who do have some animosity towards you?
Surely you can tell apart those who really just want to know you from those who may be up to mischief...yes?
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Who doesn't have people that don't like them on NL? We all do.

But should the ones with no beef with you suffer the same fate as those who do have some animosity towards you?
Surely you can tell apart those who really just want to know you from those who may be up to mischief...yes?

Not always.

Where are you located?
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Not always.

Where are you located?
Port Harcourt... why?
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Port Harcourt... why?

I thought you were somewhere in Europe for some reason.
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 5:36pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:
I thought you were somewhere in Europe for some
reason.
I can be if you want me to.

When last did you visit Nigeria?
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
I can be if you want me to.

Why would I want it? cheesy tongue

When last did you visit Nigeria?

Two years ago.
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 6:02pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why would I want it? cheesy tongue

Two years ago.
There wasn't a reason for the curiosity on my location I guess huh?
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 6:14pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
There wasn't a reason for the curiosity on my location I guess huh?

I am curious by nature. wink
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 6:33pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am curious by nature. wink
As am I.

Where exactly in Europe are you?
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
As am I.

Where exactly in Europe are you?

Beautiful Germany. cheesy
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by crackhaus: 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Beautiful Germany. cheesy
Lol...aiight grin
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2014
crackhaus:
Lol...aiight grin

Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 8:56pm On Sep 21, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Hahahaha see as you are using the guy's testosterone to play. You are using the guys libido to play with this picture
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2014
letsdothis:

Hahahaha see as you are using the guy's testosterone to play. You are using the guys libido to play with this picture

[img]http://media./media/smQQvjcAtwtvW/giphy.gif[/img]
Re: Female Breadwinners Lament 'we Slave To Feed Our ‘househusbands’ by Kanwulia: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2014
SAMBARRY: Exactly. Monkey dey work baboon dey chop.hiaannnn like the elders say stoopeedity fuels laziness

I say na choice o.
Everyone has the choice to be a monkey or baboon.
Na the 'end-game' be the most important thing o.
There is good investment. . . and there is bad investment. kiss

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Can I Tell My Neighbor To Leave Me Alone? / Preparing For Marriage… Tips For The Guys / How Do I Tell My Mother Am A Lesbian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.