Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,718 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) (55706 Views)

Conrad Mbewe Accuses TB Joshua Of Demonic Predictions & Fake Prophecies / Shocking! Recorded Voice Tape of TB Joshua Bribing Journalists To tell Lies! / Prophet Tb Joshua 2014 Prophecy About APC & PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by InvertedHammer: 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi:

Probably you do not know. Ask anyone who is involved in mainstream journalism in Nigeria and they will tell you that it is 'standard practice' for organisations to offer 'outfield journalists' some form of stipend. It can be in cash or in 'kind'.

This has nothing to do with giving bribe as the journalists are at liberty to report whatever they witnessed on the scene. The stipend is largely given because a lot of these journalists are not members of staff of these media houses. Some work freelance and the pay they get from any job is hardly adequate for them.

As a gesture of good fate, those who request their presence, most often than not offer them something as a form of gratitude. Some journalists will even tell you to your face that they will refuse to come if they are not getting anything. Note that the money given is not meant to influence their opinion on any matter.

If you actually noticed, TB Joshua offered the money upfront without asking them to report what he wants. He went as far as asking them if they have gone to the site and that he does not want to interfere with the investigation.

That does not sound to me like someone who is trying to hide something or bribe anyone.
/
You may not have noticed too...but it is standard practice in Nigeria for politicians to siphon money to foreign banks. The same standard holds for policemen to demand for gratuity at checkpoints, and also civil servants will not move your file unless you drop something.

Listen to yourself. SMH

/

11 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Jerryolumide(m): 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
K
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by soldierdollar(m): 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
adora4u1: [b]"Brown envelope" is very common in Nigeria journalism! This can be interpreted as "bribe" or "goodwill" depending on the story, personality involved and organisation involved. Most organisations give "brown envelope" to their Press Corps at the end of every year. That is interpreted as a "thank you" for being committed and dedicated.

I've listened to audio of T.B Joshua and the journalists and I can say the following:

1. The money given was intended from the beginning to make the journalists write if not a favourable report (given the situatiion under discussion) but at least not a damaging one of the collapsed building and of T.B. Joshua.

2. T.B. Joshua cleverly did not come outright to say "don't write about the dead". He asked why the journalists couldn't write about the survivors.

3. The journalists were trying to force T.B. Joshua to make a statement they could use as a headline so as not to focus on the lives lost.

Let's call a spade a spade! That money was given to influence the reports of the journalists! That's BRIBE to me! That was why

1. It was given BEFORE the questions were to be asked and

2. The journalists did not ask him questions about the collapsed building like "Did he have a permit for it, did he use quality materials, was the building well supervised, etc?"

Shame on our so called "Men of God"![/b]
even though your post is on the third page , I have " liked " it .

You made a lot of sense . You were unbiased and your comment was full of evidences . you're not beclouded by fanaticism .

4 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by kackar22: 10:40pm On Sep 20, 2014
In developed countries, this is enough to send tb to jail.

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Jerryolumide(m): 10:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
aysometin:

Silly child. Go and study for your GCE and stop interfering in adult discussion. Religious fanatic!

Nigeria look at your future leaders! Smh
dull b!tches tryna act lik dem $h!t. Tnx 4 checking my profile. I might be a kid, bt u'll... *comments reserved*
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 20, 2014
ELGREF: are you now happy because you see dowfall of your fellow brothers?are u happy because man of God is falling down?if you are Christian, read your bible very well, when you see ur fellow naked, cover him/her with cloth, thy shall not judge, be your brothers keeper, try to be patient till judgement day

Those words are for religious fanatics, sorry i am not one. I use my brain to think critically about issues and come to a logical conclusion.
In shorter words, i have not been brainwashed by any religious leader.

5 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by mikyem: 10:44pm On Sep 20, 2014
his it profet tb....dat gave birth doz thousands his offering scholarships....and is nt sometin bad 2 invite d press and fuel dere cars...wen ur time comes to speak wt d press..dey won't asked u...but as a caring @ and a father...u must always offer at least Tfee....u ll give more 2 international press which u ll invites..rite is nt dere employer.....but e gave d cash in open media....nt in a corner....infact inside d conference room during d interview....from d audio....he gave d press a msg 2 d whole world in a video format....so dey requested 4 written note which e told dem....dat ll b a letta tin...wait 4 d video b4 u blasphemy....just b careful of wat u write...wat u say....dere is God ooo
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 20, 2014
What nonsense! so unprofessional for a journalist to collect money from someone he/she is supposed to be investigating. does it mean they are hungry or not paid, for the services they render? when gej gave t fare to chibok parents(who left their work to see him) some Nigerians were screaming sin but now suddenly nothing is wrong in giving brown envelop to someone doing his job. This reminds me of of how Waec officials are also given tfares by schools in my area and you can guess what happens next after that

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by soldierdollar(m): 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Billyonaire: I didnt hear Temitope telling journalists to lie on that audio. What are you people insinuating ?

You must be a child angry so you expect him to say " lie to the public" before he implies that ?

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by chagga(m): 10:49pm On Sep 20, 2014
Read the full transcript from the audio below:

TB Joshua – I want to thank you very much for your patience and for your time. In fact if i finish talking to you now, you will see,just pass through over 2 thousand people I’m attending to. They are from all over the world .No single Nigerian. I’m attending to them.

So I asked them to give you a copy of the cassette. There is 750 thousand which at least, it will be 50 thousand each for fuel. To buy fuel for your car.

(Speaks to his staff). I think you have it there, so you hand over to them. Then the cassette,they need one,one cassette.

Journalist – But man of God, we were expecting that  you would come up with an official statement .

TB Joshua – I have said it, you know i’ve talked to you(Is your camera recording..you know it’s not nessecary. It’s a private issue )

Journalist – The one in the church was not audible enough. We need something substantial for us to air

TB Joshua – Ok but you know we have to leave the security people to do their job. I don’t want to interfere, I don’t want a situation where i will become a hindrance. Because the country ambassador of America,the UK,they have sent me a letter and i greet them. South Africa Ambassador are here,Ghana Ambassador, they are here. They want to see their people. It is a very complicated issue.

Unknown Journalist – Sir say something, A sympathy comment

TB Joshua- No no no,it is too early now .Lets finish the whole thing. Have you been there?

All chorus -Yes

Unknown Journalist – So sir are we expecting you to call us back

TB Joshua – By the grace of God and i will be very happy if you can help me correct some of the things that is inside the papers

Journalist – We commiserate with you the church, what we expect is if you can’t give us a later day maybe you can give us an official statement outside the official one. You know when there is no information outside, people will continue to give rumors

TB Joshua- Which official statement do you want me to give

Journalist – We know investigation is ongoing. At the moment we know some lives have been lost, some people are in the hospital .

TB Joshua – why cant you talk of those who have been rescued You should have started from life first

Journalist -eh eh like so commiserate with them

So some people have been rescued, some people unfortunately have gone.

TB Joshua – I want to assure you that alot of people got rescued there. Many of them are even at the prayer now. Some people that are in the hospital are recovering

Journalist – SO can we say you are wishing them quick recovery and you are sympathizing with them ?

TB Joshua – Can’t you hear what I said in the church,I talk of the hero and Martyr. I talk like a man of God. I can’t talk of death inside the church. You know people will begin to say oh I salute the martyr

Journalists – Thank you sir,God bless sir .yes sir..

TB Joshua – SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO WRITE NOW

Just like you said…journalist chatter. as he greets them .

Click Here To Listen To The Audio.

Transcribed By Emeh Achanga, Edited By Me

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by bonfMedia(m): 10:54pm On Sep 20, 2014
I dont know why some people dont want to hear the name J.B Joshua. This journarlist is only seeking attention
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by xp17(m): 10:55pm On Sep 20, 2014
millionboi: If dy is anytin i knw abt TB JOSHUA is his generosity.....it may nt realy be wat d Op tinks
God forbid , you lost your polygamous dad and mum starts giving out #50k for fuel to your dad's lawyer whilst she's mourning on her black robe. what would the elders in your dad's family say about your mum?

oga, this is not about what people 'think' , it's a direct message. as for me, it is clearly stated and even the deft could hear that.

btw, na Chelsea vs city match they my mind now, no be #50k for fuel.

lets go Diegoooal Costa

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by koikoi2(m): 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
Wud Nicholas had rejected d brown envelope if it's content was #50 million?

Wud Nicholas had rejected d brown envelope if it was given to him at Aso rock?

Let him answer this questions for me.

Oyedepo slapped a little girl cos she confessed she's a witch, does dat make him less a man of God?

Some are cruising on private jets, does dat make them less a man of God?

I think Nicholas already has a grudge against d pastor at scoan before he went there.

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by lawrenceunaa: 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
people that called themselves men of God while they were the ones that ordained themselves shocked

Prophet bribing 15 journalist with #750k of which each was meant to receive #50k

Lord have mercy undecided

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by soldierdollar(m): 10:56pm On Sep 20, 2014
creamylicious: thanks!!!! Most pple hear and don't listen. That question is d answer to bribery
smiley

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by moufan: 10:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
emmykk: giving and receiving money is not new to journalist.maybe something went wrong.

This is just an accident,no one should heap blame on the pastor.
ur post is d most st.upid nd most silly post i've ever read on nairaland

6 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by hungryboy(m): 10:57pm On Sep 20, 2014
This journalist no wise oh, he will have called T B Joshua first, informing him that he has an incriminating tape of what took place that day, from there he will tell him to pay him nothing less than 30million if he wants the tape destroyed, after him don get the 30mil alert, he will still go ahead to release the tape,
but he will not include the part that he got 30mil not to release the tape, T B sef will be glad that he didn't include that part sef

3 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Alexsmith20(m): 10:58pm On Sep 20, 2014
the question you people should be asking was were they there on his invitation? If it is
a press conference called by him it is a
norm for the host to augment the cost of
their visit, It is not a new thing. Beside
what is the content of the tape being
handed out to the journalist? To the journalist that posted the audio,
what is the truth T.B Joshua wanted you
to supress that is not already in the public
domain, that majority of those in the
building are not Nigerians but south
africans! you just want to create cheap popularity from a depressed man.
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Keky(m): 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
There is no press briefing without transport fare, you APC people who went to ekiti collected money from Fayemi, collected from Amaechi.Every thing is always a big deal to you self righteous people on nairaland.How can there be a bribe without an admission of guilt?
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by hungryboy(m): 11:01pm On Sep 20, 2014
koikoi2: Wud Nicholas had rejected d brown envelope if it's content was #50 million?

Wud Nicholas had rejected d brown envelope if it was given to him at Aso rock?

Let him answer this questions for me.

Oyedepo slapped a little girl cos she confessed she's a witch, does dat make him less a man of God?

Some are cruising on private jets, does dat make them less a man of God?

I think Nicholas already has a grudge against d pastor at scoan before he went there.

religious folks in the house, please pray for this brother
he is still in T B Joshua's prison

4 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by nagoma(m): 11:02pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi: That audio did not prove that TB Joshua did anything wrong. All I see is an overzealous journalist who has decided to make a big deal out of the generosity of another.

He has just lost a big 6 floor building and may face criminal charges of multiple manslaughter and you believe that his gift of N50,000.00 each to 15 strangers ( journalists ) is only because of his generosity ?

4 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by oyewolestephen(m): 11:03pm On Sep 20, 2014
ELGREF: are you now happy because you see dowfall of your fellow brothers?are u happy because man of God is falling down?if you are Christian, read your bible very well, when you see ur fellow naked, cover him/her with cloth, thy shall not judge, be your brothers keeper, try to be patient till judgement day
this your post gat me to know that the Bible has know turn to amoeba, it can be fold, bend just to favour any scenario

3 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by soulglo: 11:04pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi:

Probably you do not know. Ask anyone who is involved in mainstream journalism in Nigeria and they will tell you that it is 'standard practice' for organisations to offer 'outfield journalists' some form of stipend. It can be in cash or in 'kind'.

This has nothing to do with giving bribe as the journalists are at liberty to report whatever they witnessed on the scene. The stipend is largely given because a lot of these journalists are not members of staff of these media houses. Some work freelance and the pay they get from any job is hardly adequate for them.

As a gesture of good fate, those who request their presence, most often than not offer them something as a form of gratitude. Some journalists will even tell you to your face that they will refuse to come if they are not getting anything. Note that the money given is not meant to influence their opinion on any matter.

If you actually noticed, TB Joshua offered the money upfront without asking them to report what he wants. He went as far as asking them if they have gone to the site and that he does not want to interfere with the investigation.

That does not sound to me like someone who is trying to hide something or bribe anyone.

Are you serious. You just described the most unethical transaction ever. In fact anywhere else in the world a journalist would be totally discredited fir accepting not even money but favors of any kind. I know in Nigeria sometimes we do things for do long that wrong now starts to be right in the eyes of many. This is the height of unethical behavior.

7 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Alexsmith20(m): 11:05pm On Sep 20, 2014
hungryboy: This journalist no wise oh, he will have called T B Joshua first, informing him that he has an incriminating tape of what took that day, from there he will tell him to pay him nothing less than 30million if he wants the tape destroyed, after him don get the 30mil alert, he will still go ahead to release the tape,
but he will not include the part that he got 30mil not to release the tape, T B sef will be glad that he didn't include that part sef
And you think tb joshua did nt see the dictaphone on the day of the interveiw...he saw it nd still went ahead to say it,which implise he did not in anyway intend it to be a bribe.
Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 11:07pm On Sep 20, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: @people defending TB... I have a question for you...'if you are driving and your vehicle papers ain't up to date... you see a police check point...when you get there, you 'dash' them 10k for pure water.

Please is that bribery?

No ooo. It is "standard practice"

undecided

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by soldierdollar(m): 11:08pm On Sep 20, 2014
tonididdy: Am a big fan of tbj and his generosity BUT was enveloping 50k to journalist necessary atm of mourning and tragedy.

Well he's still human and made the mistake of tipping the journalist at that particular moment THUS made it seem like a bribe even tho I know its just in his habit to give at every circumstance and I trust some people to pounce on any opportunity to tag the mog fake.

Mr fan ... Did u miss the part where he said, what are u going to report now ?"

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Nobody: 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
Wow now its confirmed this man is a fake pastor! if this doesnt bring him down, then i'll know how foolish man is.

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Alice07: 11:12pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi:

Mr whatever your name is, in mass communication there is something called brown envelope and once you receive it, the host doesn't need to tell you to write anything in his favour. Giving you is a way of buying your sense of judgement and u receiving it means ure going to paint him white even though he's black. More reasons why I detest journalism. Why on earth would a man of God even offer a journalist BROWN ENVELOPE?

2 Likes

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Alice07: 11:13pm On Sep 20, 2014
striktlymi:

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by Alice07: 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2014
Alice07: [/quote]
Alice07:
[quote author=Alice07]
it is not a standard practice I am into communication so stop talking baldadash

1 Like

Re: Recording Of TB Joshua Talking To Journalists (Audio) by darkjorse: 11:15pm On Sep 20, 2014
that Nicholas is very stufit, what is this audio for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Photos: Nigerian Man Spotted Praying On His Knees In An Airplane / Pastor Tokunbo Olorunnimbe Is Dead / Inquiry For Justcool And M_nwankwo And Other Adherents Of The Grail Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.