Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,821 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:21 PM

How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. (137719 Views)

Learn How To Make Ankara And Leather Bags And Be Your Own Boss In Just A Week / Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags? / New Trends In Fashion: Ankara And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by chinamims(f): 8:22pm On Jan 25, 2015
My beloved sisters who would want to place orders, location is not going to be a barrier, we promise to get your jewelries to wherever you are (extra cost apply). Refer us to your friends, sisters, in laws, mum, aunt's, colleagues, we promise to deliver to their satisfaction. I need your patronage, before hunger go kill me, lol. Oya if u don't want hunger to kill me, call us now. BlackBerry pin : 2B8EB6FD Our Facebook page remains https://m.facebook.com/Phabulousadorn. Visit our page. BBM channel C001EE65B. Instagram : phabulous_creation.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by vivienobidike(f): 8:56am On Jan 26, 2015
Following
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by pjbaby: 7:41pm On Feb 05, 2015
We are still interested in this thread, kindly continue. God bless you Sis.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by pureIvory(f): 12:58am On Feb 06, 2015
Ma, please start the tutorials, I'm very much interested. thanks
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2015
Hmmmmmm,Hapi new year guyz. lets c if we can revive this thread. i'll chk bak tomorow to c if anybody feels dsame way.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by vivienobidike(f): 1:05pm On Feb 07, 2015
Revive! Revive!! Revive!!!
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by world(f): 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2015
supported
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by topdiva(f): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2015
Revive!!
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 5:48pm On Feb 09, 2015
Hello house,so am tinkin of uploading some diy stuffs dat u can try out. lets start there before we start bag making proper
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by topdiva(f): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2015
ok. we are waiting
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Immaangel(f): 9:34am On Feb 12, 2015
Pls I need the list of materials that will be used, and step by step processes with pictorial illustrations on gowns to do it, than posting already made ones
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by ademisgirl: 3:05pm On Feb 12, 2015
Nice, please let's continue
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by inestimable(f): 8:48am On Feb 13, 2015
Lovely thread will get my materials as soon as possible nd try it out. God bless u @ glamourprincess
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:45pm On Feb 18, 2015
Immaangel:
Pls I need the list of materials that will be used, and step by step processes with pictorial illustrations on gowns to do it, than posting already made ones
d list of materials is already on d first or second bag n d step by step process too. just take time to read tru each post.
anyway, av been recieving mails on how to do d sides of a purse so i wld try n start afresh on making a purse for d benefit of pple who needs it
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:51pm On Feb 18, 2015
lemme write out a kind of schedule. The first tin
we will do is a clutch purse wen we are done and
5pple uploads their finishd work den we will move
to sumtinelse. Before i proceed, i will like to say
dat there are plenty ways of doing this things and i
will b teaching you the method am most
comfortable with.
Materials needed for a clutch purse:
Kari Board (the board used by shoe makers)
Oci gum or Top gum(shoe makers gum )
foam(you can buy d flat one used by furniture
makers)
chip board
fabric(ankara, or leather)
long ruler
design(optional.) its wot u put on d purse like a
stud.
in to in pins(toko taya)
chain (optional)
bag lining or tapheta
needle n thread (or sewing machine)
magnetic button.
pls lets get materials ready so dat we can start
soon.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by 247glorious(f): 8:25am On Feb 20, 2015
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Ruttybabie(f): 11:36am On Feb 20, 2015
Pls I'm new here & interested in knowing these ankara accessories.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by basirathasan49: 5:07pm On Feb 20, 2015
I just come accross this thread , hope it's not too late to participate
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:19pm On Feb 20, 2015
ure all welcome,just get ur materials ready and we can start afresh
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:36pm On Feb 21, 2015
Hello house, so a client came to me with a damask material today dat he wants to use to make a clutch purse for a friend. I see this as a great oppurtunity to teach u guys how to make a purse. U can use ankara,leather or any other material u wish. I'll b posting a step by step picture and instruction tomorow. See ya den
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by inestimable(f): 11:57pm On Feb 21, 2015
Good day pls I am really interested in learning this and I must say God bless u for volunteering to teach. Pls wr in lagos can I c dis materials listed above. Thanks
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 2:35am On Feb 22, 2015
mushin,frm pple selling shoe making materials.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by outstandingjk(f): 4:44am On Feb 22, 2015
Glamourprincezz:
Hello house, so a client came to me with a damask material today dat he wants to use to make a clutch purse for a friend. I see this as a great oppurtunity to teach u guys how to make a purse. U can use ankara,leather or any other material u wish. I'll b posting a step by step picture and instruction tomorow. See ya den

Thanks thanks and good to have u back.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 5:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
outstandingjk:

Thanks thanks and good to have u back.
hey love,its been a while,i kno its my fault tho.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:14pm On Feb 22, 2015
so here is d tutorial i promised.:
The first thing i wanna show u guys is d materials,so dat u can identify dem nd kno wot ure buyin.
the first thing is a kari board, dats wot will be d form of ur purse, then we av d gum,u can use oci or top bond( dont mind my container),scissors,tape rule and ruler(i forgot to take a pix of it bt its really important), magnetic button,foam or marco,fabric,pegs,gum brush.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:22pm On Feb 22, 2015
d paper like pix is actually a chip board, u can also use cardboard sha. i also forgot to identify d black fabric as lining fabric(u can buy bag lining from d mkt or use tapheta or suit lining.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 12:00am On Feb 23, 2015
Procedure:
Determine d measurement u wanna use for ur purse i.e d length bd width of ur purse nd also d shape of d purse. It cld b rectangular or a square purse.the one am making is more like a square purse. I want d length of my purse to b 6.5" and d width(wideness) to be 9".
Now lets do a little arithmetic, a clutch purse normally has 3 sides, 2of which makes d buttom nd d third one is d flap. So in our calc, to make a 6.5" long purse we need to cut a board of 6.5×3=19.5, so i will measure out a 20" length (d exra half inch will b cut off wen shaping my flap)and d width i want is 9". Now cut out d board u measured.(remember u dont hav to use dsame measurement as me).
Divide ur board into 3parts using ur taperule n ruler to b sure ur line is not bent. Shape out d flap as u desire(am sure there is a flap style uve been longing to have.
Now apply gum to d back of ur board nd fix d foam or marco(either one u prefer).den fold ur purse into shape.
Note:dont press ur purse totally flat from d start,u want want it to b rounder or sometin. Just bend gradually n peg it. Nd pls dont use a peg wt a rough edge if ure using a fabric or leather dat can retain d peg shape

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 12:26am On Feb 23, 2015
measure d length of d side of ur purse.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by world(f): 11:41am On Feb 23, 2015
I dey follow you step by step.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by princesssusan(f): 6:43pm On Feb 23, 2015
Oh pls y did u stop nah?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:04pm On Feb 23, 2015
princesssusan:
Oh pls y did u stop nah?

lol, i only stopped for d nyt cos i had to sleep nd i cant continue today cos av almst exhausted my mb. i'll upload d remaining part tomorow,God willing.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by princesssusan(f): 7:35am On Feb 24, 2015
Glamourprincezz:

lol, i only stopped for d nyt cos i had to sleep nd i cant continue today cos av almst exhausted my mb. i'll upload d remaining part tomorow,God willing.
Okay ma, i‘ll be waitn then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / Want Hair Growth? Use Weed: ! / Darkening Of The Lips - Causes & Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.