Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,947 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:45 AM

How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. - Fashion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. (137726 Views)

Learn How To Make Ankara And Leather Bags And Be Your Own Boss In Just A Week / Where Can I Get Training On How To Make Ankara Shoes And Bags? / New Trends In Fashion: Ankara And More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 18, 2015
hi Glamourprincezz, please if I want to make ankara shoe for people do I have to buy new shoes before wrapping? because I normally use my old shoe for myself.
also, how much can I charge for fabric bag and fabric shoe?
thank you.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 8:02am On Mar 20, 2015
Thebeadslady:
hi Glamourprincezz, please if I want to make ankara shoe for people do I have to buy new shoes before wrapping? because I normally use my old shoe for myself.
also, how much can I charge for fabric bag and fabric shoe?
thank you.
you can buy used shoe of d person's size and wrap. just makr sure d soles of d shoe is still very ok. abt d pricing,wot i do is calculate d amt of materials am usin,if d person is bringing fabric or am buyin,den d amt u charge for ur workmanship.

1 Like

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by misshoree(f): 3:09am On Mar 24, 2015
outstandingjk:
The bag I was able to make with Glamourprincezz's help on NL before d attack
this look like d latest trending bag(mango bag)nice one dear
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by sleekyzee: 9:15am On Mar 24, 2015
@glamourprincezz I just stumbled on this thread, please can you teach how to fix zip and please a picture of how to fix chain. Thanks
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2015
Glamourprincezz:

you can buy used shoe of d person's size and wrap. just makr sure d soles of d shoe is still very ok. abt d pricing,wot i do is calculate d amt of materials am usin,if d person is bringing fabric or am buyin,den d amt u charge for ur workmanship.
thank you ma. I have another question o,
please I am using top bond for a bag, can I also use it to fix the sides of the bag? or I should use shoemakers gum?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 2:55pm On Mar 29, 2015
sleekyzee:
@glamourprincezz I just stumbled on this thread, please can you teach how to fix zip and please a picture of how to fix chain. Thanks

Hi, so sorry i dont av pics of zip fixing and chain. just at where u want ur zip to b nd use sewing machine or hand needle to hold in in place den use gum to seal. and for d chain u will need chain holder, just take ur old purse nd look at d place d chain is placed nd how its fixed. will upload d pics weneva i do sometin wt zip or chain.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Immaangel(f): 10:18pm On Mar 30, 2015
Yes o let us proceed. My joy knew no bounds since I joined this thread. You shall never lack for sharing your wisdom with us.
Pls I have some questions.
1. Why did u ask us not to apply gum at the edges of the lining material?
2. Will the side piece be folded into the purse?
3. The slantly cut side of the side piece, where will it be placed? At d top or bottom?
4. I'm still having problem with fold d bottom of the side piece, my work is rough. Pls help!
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by kittypraise(f): 9:14am On Mar 31, 2015
I'm in
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:06am On Apr 04, 2015
Immaangel:
Yes o let us proceed. My joy knew no bounds since I joined this thread. You shall never lack for sharing your wisdom with us.
Pls I have some questions.
1. Why did u ask us not to apply gum at the edges of the lining material?
2. Will the side piece be folded into the purse?
3. The slantly cut side of the side piece, where will it be placed? At d top or bottom?
4. I'm still having problem with fold d bottom of the side piece, my work is rough. Pls help!
i said u shldnt apply gum to d lining at d side so dat u can fix ur side pieces first bfr sealing d purse.
pls check d pics of each stage to c how to fix d side piece. u can save all pics nd follow d arrangement.
Rome was not built in one day dear, u'll get it wit tym. d side is d major part of ur purse, so kip aiming at gettin it ryt.
uno wot,send ur bb pin or number to me: wumstosh@gmail.com
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:10am On Apr 04, 2015
guyz, i want us to do a tote bag bt i dont kno if u guyz are ready or even interested. so lemme kno wen we can move on.

3 Likes

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Immaangel(f): 11:01am On Apr 04, 2015
Glamourprincezz:

i said u shldnt apply gum to d lining at d side so dat u can fix ur side pieces first bfr sealing d purse.
pls check d pics of each stage to c how to fix d side piece. u can save all pics nd follow d arrangement.
Rome was not built in one day dear, u'll get it wit tym. d side is d major part of ur purse, so kip aiming at gettin it ryt.
uno wot,send ur bb pin or number to me: wumstosh@gmail.com
Pls add me on whatsapp 07032536462
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by inestimable(f): 11:30am On Apr 04, 2015
Glamourprincezz:
guyz, i want us to do a tote bag bt i dont kno if u guyz are ready or even interested. so lemme kno wen we can move on.
We r ready dear pls go on. This is a pics of what I did from ur teaching. Hope I am correct

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2015
We are ready
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by world(f): 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2015
Fully ready
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 4:18pm On Apr 05, 2015
inestimable:

We r ready dear pls go on. This is a pics of what I did from ur teaching. Hope I am correct

its nice and ur very correct, u nailed d side as well. job well done
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 4:23pm On Apr 05, 2015
Hapi easter fams! so i wanna show u pictures of some tote bags av made. Note: u can play arnd wt ur shape bt its still a variation of a tote bag.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 4:40pm On Apr 05, 2015
materials needed for tote bag:
Board
foam or marco
gum
chain or handle(anyone u prefer)
punch(its used to make holes on ur purse if u wanna use chain)
eyelets(dats d round tin dats coverin d hole where d chain is comin from)
linning
fabric or leather
hammer
bag stand(dats wot is always under bags)
collar stay
small scissors or tiny screw driver
zip or magnetic button(whichever u prefer)

Get ur materials ready and lets start.

2 Likes

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by sleekyzee: 5:39am On Apr 06, 2015
Ready.... Legooo!
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Immaangel(f): 8:15am On Apr 06, 2015
We are ready and waiting o... Pls teach us how to fold shoe after d tote bag!!!
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Joshuabak: 8:23am On Apr 06, 2015
If you have a couple of minutes, I highly recommend adding your E-mail to our mailing list on www.kamaroozy.com .
This will not only qualify you for a free fashion draw at launch but also enables us to notify you when we go LIVE.

Please visit www.kamaroozy.com
and like us on facebook www.facebook.com/kamaroozyconcepts
Regards
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 1:20pm On Apr 06, 2015
Hi people, so here is d tote tutorial:
cutting your board:
Basically, a tote has 3 parts, 2 sides and the base. It can b altered in shape depending on wot u prefer. The first step in making any bag or purse is determining d measurement to use. For dis one am using a length of 10 and width of 13 and base of 5".
Since we said it has 2 sides and base dat means 10+10+5=25 so d measurement of d board am using is 25 in length by 13 in width.
Cut the same measurement for d chip board nd reduce all sides by half inch.
Demarcate ur board into d 3 parts using 10,5,10 using ur ruler and tape den fold d board into shape. Add foam or marco to d bak of ur board and use hammer to press it down(if ure using marco). Note its soft marco u shld buy o.

1 Share

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 1:24pm On Apr 06, 2015
Fabric cutting.
Like i said in d purse tutorial, add 2" to all sides of ur board measurement. So dis will be 29 in length and 17 in width. Cut the same measurement for ur lining fabric
For d fabric on d side
Now dis is slightly different from d clutch side nd its easier too.
All u need to do is, since our measured base is 5 and d length of bag is 10 just add 2" on all sides again. Dat means u need 12 in length and 9 in width. Remember from our clutch class i said we will use d same fabric as d lining of d side so we will need to multiply d length by 2. 12×2=24 so d side piece will 24 by 9. Cut 2 of dis measurement. I like to fortify my fabric wt stay if am using ankara,bt no need for stay wen its leather.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by sleekyzee: 1:29pm On Apr 06, 2015
You are doing a very good job. Please teach the zip style and handle like the red bag.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 10:42pm On Apr 06, 2015
Now, wrap ur fabric around ur board, gum d long sides first den move to d shorter edges. Make sure u wrap neatly wtout leaving folds .
Do dsame for d linning fabric and chip board and clip where necessary. Kip dat aside and pick up ur side piece.
Remember our measurement is 24 by 9, fold it into two such dat it will give u 12by 9, den fold again to get 12 by 4.5. Now its tym to fold all our extra 2 inches OUT.measure out d original 10 dats our bag length and fold d extra 2, den from d center fold at d top mark out d half of 5 wc is 2.5 on each side, fold d extra 2 out on both sides.
You will understand dis beta wt d pix attached.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by sleekyzee: 4:33am On Apr 07, 2015
Is it stay u refer to as chipboard? And dyu put it in the side piece?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 8:34am On Apr 07, 2015
sleekyzee:
Is it stay u refer to as chipboard? And dyu put it in the side piece?
stay is wots used for shirt collar, chip board is like cardboard bt a lil thicker, and yes i use it on side piece too wen i use Ankara, unless d Ankara is very thick.w
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:16pm On Apr 08, 2015
Fixing d side
Apply gum on d bottom part of d structured board and d bottom of d side piece, leave to dry for a bit den glue dem together, be careful nd make sure ur side piece is sitting well(as shown in d pix) now punchure a small hole using ur small scissors or screw driver at d 2 corners of d base measuring half inch away frm the edges. Fix in ur bag stands den do same to d oda side( ure to use two stands on each side if d bag making 4in all). Now fix d two sides on one end (c d wot i mean in d pix, leaving one end totally open) .
Now its time to fix in ur lining. For those using zip, make sure ur lining board is abt 1" smaller dan d main bag, den u av to cut fabric to sew on both edges of ur zip to serve as flap to cover wen u zip.
So fix d lining on one side and d base as shown in d pix, den move on to fix the other end.
For zip, fix in dat flap sides of ur zip on each side of ur lining den glue, u myt wanna use a very strong glue to do dis part, add adhesive.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 9:51pm On Apr 08, 2015
For d handle
If ure using a chain, u need to get a punch and its equivalent eyelet so dat ur hole wont b bigger or smaller dan ur eyelet.
Measure d distance u want for d chains to b apart den punch two holes on each side of d bag, fix in ur eyelet in d hole u made and use hammer to press it down, now use uhu gum to fix d oda pieces of eyelet on d inside to cover up where ur hammer hit. Do for all holes and fix ur chain in den hook a chain stopper at all four edges of ur chain.
For d handle attached from outside u need to buy a rope(like d one used for fetching water) den u will wrap it in ur fabric den sew along d edges, leaving d 2 sides open. Den u will mark where u want it to b,punch a hole only on d kariboard den put in to in to hold d handle in place, u can also buy a small round stand and fix on d pin to make it nicer, do for all sides den seal back ur bag.
If just want magnetic button as ur closure wtout flap, just fix it at d center of both sides, attach it to only d chip board , u can also fortify wt a cutout of kariboard.
If u want a flap like d one in d pix, cut a board of desired length den wrap wt fabric, fix it on d bak using in to in pins den fix one end of ur magnetic on d body of ur bag in d front den d oda side on d flap. Den ure done wt ur bag.

Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by tunbebes(f): 4:27pm On Apr 11, 2015
[left][/left]May Jehovah continue to bless you for all you are doing on this thread. I make bags and I build shoes and sandals as well but I like the way u fix u r bag side better than r way I was thought. I must confess, I'm learning from you. Thank you. Please, in the pix, you folded the lower part of the Side of the bag. That's , that's the part you glued to the bottom of the bag. What measurement did you use for that part?
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Oliviababy: 4:38pm On Apr 11, 2015
great work pls i hve a question
@

1.did u gum the mako and board
2 pls can u post a pix of the bag stand
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by tunbebes(f): 4:49pm On Apr 11, 2015
Please what type of gum do you use? Do you use hot gun? Please, I want to post a lovely bag design. I will appreciate it if you can put everyone here through on how to make it. I will do a backup. Thank you.
Re: How To Make Ankara And Leather Purses, Tote Bags, Box Bags And Accessories. by Glamourprincezz: 6:08pm On Apr 11, 2015
tunbebes:
[left][/left]May Jehovah continue to bless you for all you are doing on this thread. I make bags and I build shoes and sandals as well but I like the way u fix u r bag side better than r way I was thought. I must confess, I'm learning from you. Thank you. Please, in the pix, you folded the lower part of the Side of the bag. That's , that's the part you glued to the bottom of the bag. What measurement did you use for that part?
ure welcome dear. d part i folded under is d extra 2" i added to d side height. hop u get it now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Light Skinned, Run From Shea Butter Oooo / Want Hair Growth? Use Weed: ! / Darkening Of The Lips - Causes & Remedies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.