Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required (43977 Views)

Farmers Your Advice Is Needed Pls / See Gov. Rochas Okorocha Eating Cucumber In My Farm (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 10:20pm On Jan 06, 2019
Idemujoseph:
Madam Jethro ma, can I have your phone number please?

1 Like

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Idemujoseph: 10:23pm On Jan 06, 2019
jethro2:

Thanks so much!
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by lahify(m): 11:18pm On Jan 13, 2019
please can someone give us an insight about Ibadan market on sales of cucumber and pepper (rodo). how much they do buy these crop during entry and peak periods
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Functionoftime(m): 8:51pm On Jan 30, 2019
Any cucumber farmer in Ilorin here?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by pipi84(m): 7:49pm On Mar 18, 2019
HURRAY!!! ATTEND A ONE ON ONE PRACTICAL TRAINING ON CUCUMBER FARMING IN PORTHARCOURT!!!!

Another planting season is here again, why not seize this opportunity to become a successful cucumber farmer by learning to applying the required technique, knowledge and an entrepreneurial Know-how to succeed in it.

There are two basic reasons why people don't succeed in agribusiness e.g CUCUMBER FARMING;

1). Basic steps ( Required knowledge)

2). Entrepreneurial mindset ( Economics of the business)

You will have to understudy a practicing farmer and let him mentor you with the right information and tools to succeed in CUCUMBER agribusiness.

At Ifema's Farm, we intend to conduct a ONE on ONE practical training on CUCUMBER for intending farmers and existing farmers.

LECTURE GUIDELINES
1). Land preparation (ploughing, harrowing & ridge making).

2). Application of fertilizers/manure as per nutrient management program.

3).Knowing what specie of cucumber to plant that suites your market.

4). Systematic application of chemicals.

5). Proper staking techniques.

6). Marketing strategies/surveys ( understanding time & season).

We will give you a comprehensive practical training because we believe in transforming one life at a time.

This training will attract a REGISTRATION FEE of #10,000.

ADDED ADVANTAGE: There will be a follow up process on your FARM. We handle farm set-ups and we are open to partnerships...

CONTACT US THROUGH THE FOLLOWING:
IFEMA'S FARM ENTERPRISE
Phone number: 08032302338(WhatsApp), 08023202001
E-mail: ifemafarms@gmail.com
Farm Address: No 10 Egbada Off Timber by NNPC Filling Station SARS Road Rumudomaya Portharcourt Rivers state

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by safarifarms(m): 10:27pm On Jun 22, 2020
Please does anyone know or have experience with the attached fertilizer (Agrovert)? Is it effectively for cucumber?

The fertilizer has 3 varieties with different NPK values (didn't take note of all three) meant for different stages of growth.

(c) @jethro2

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Olives2020: 4:22pm On Sep 17, 2020
olushowunm:
@Jethro... I know we don't agree on a lot of issues but from my experience in Cucumber and other crawling crops... You must avoid Herbicides on the farm or any surrounding plots and also make sure you spray insecticides and fungicides regularly!

Please what is the reason for the avoidance of herbicides around cucumber farm?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Sunnarkeen93(m): 12:33pm On Sep 28, 2020
I really enjoyed this thread, it is really helpful, thanks to Mr Jethro and others
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 11:58am On Oct 04, 2020
The herbicide will kill the crop. the herbicide is poisonous to you too
Olives2020:

Please what is the reason for the avoidance of herbicides around cucumber farm?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by mickelkingz(m): 6:46am On Oct 05, 2020
jethro2:
The cucumber seed for the farm. A tin of the Marketer variety is 100grams. 300grams is required for an acre. The spacing for planting is expected to be 1m by 1m

how much?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by okoroemeka(m): 6:56am On Oct 05, 2020
mickelkingz:

how much?
whatever you do never plant marketer in a commercial farm,you can plant a few with the hybrids to help in pollination but from intensive practicals we conducted we found out that apart from poor yields and longer maturity periods,marketer cucumbers succumbs easily to fungal diseases and will eventually transfer it to the hybrids ,we have rejected the use of marketer even as a pollinating agent,better to use cu 999 or 986 with the gyno cucumber varieties.

1 Like

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Olives2020: 2:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
jethro2:
The herbicide will kill the crop. the herbicide is poisonous to you too

Thanks
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by smartz5311: 8:02pm On Oct 06, 2020
What Insecticides are recommended sir? I just started planting mine Three days ago. And I am a first timer .
Lesgupnigeria:
Applying regular insecticides will.be needed to avoid loss because of the common occurence of insects.
Insecticides to be apply at least 3 days interval for the first week of planting (although depending on the type of insecticides you make use of).
After which weekly application of insecticides is needed.
Marketer variety is excellent because of the higher price of the bigger size produced by the seeds when matured.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by smartz5311: 8:43pm On Oct 06, 2020
I am a first timer in Cucumber farming. Just planted on about 2.5 Acres of land. Though I planted OlivieraF1 hybrid seedlings and Technism. Was told Murano F1 or Tokyo F1 are the best but it's very scarce at the moment. That was why I went for those once available. Please profs in Cucumber farming should assist us during our time of production. I hope we could be updated on what's next after planting as some people said 8 Days after planting we are meant to spray with Insecticides . Please our masters should please enlighten us. Cheers everyone
jethro2:

My farm is in Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA
My first time of planting cucumber. So sorry until after 2 or 3 months I dont have answers to your other questions.
Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

World’s First Electric Driverless Tractors Launched (Pictures) / This Long Python Was Killed On The Farm Yesterday / A Day Old Chicks (broiler, Pullet, Cockerel And Turkey) Are For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.