Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required (44107 Views)

Farmers Your Advice Is Needed Pls / See Gov. Rochas Okorocha Eating Cucumber In My Farm (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by securi: 6:31pm On Oct 19, 2015
I just got a call, its 4k in Port Harcourt
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by agricentral(m): 7:09pm On Oct 19, 2015
securi:
I just got a call, its 4k in Port Harcourt

Where is your location pls?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by securi: 7:19pm On Oct 19, 2015
Farm is located at Ogbomosho
agricentral:

Where is your location pls?

2 Likes

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 6:24am On Jan 08, 2016
Want to learn tomatoes, pepper, cucumber, radish etc
step by step practical on farm training?
Be your own boss.
Let's create job together
Join us for the 1st batch of our on farm vegetable
practical training.
We will take you through all the challenges
1. Soil management
2. Nursery making
3. Pest and diseases control
4. Staking/trellising
5. market access for your crops
6. Irrigation process
And so many others
Location. Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA of Oyo State
Duration: 1st - 26th February 2016
Participatory fee
For a month N25,000
2 weeks. N15,000
1 week. N10,000
Accommodation will be provided for the duration
Participants take care of their feeding
contact 08064688501, 08188540096 or
mail adesola_yinka@yahoo.com.
www.facebook.com/entrepreneuryouthmultipurposecooperative
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Paulordiah(m): 12:35pm On Jan 08, 2016
MANUAL WATERING IS NOT TOO GOOD. WHY NOT DO TWO PLOTS FIRST
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by christbusy(m): 11:27am On Feb 01, 2016
I have come to beleive that God will always use his carpenters to bring deliverance to his ppl. I have been following d trend vof cucumber farmers for months now and to d glory of God, i have leased 2ha of farmland for cucumber production, more so I have acquired 17tins of f1 seed(murano and tokyo), from mr Dayo and Soloxam, they are true and geniue. The farm is located at upanda, uzo uwaani LGA, Enugu state. Thanks to Jasper, Dayo,Soloxam, and Jethro

2 Likes

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by mimmmms(f): 7:09am On Mar 02, 2016
How and why is manual wtering not good? MANUAL WATERING IS NOT TOO GOOD. WHY NOT DO TWO PLOTS FIRST [/quote]
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Soloxam(m): 9:04am On Mar 02, 2016
christbusy:
I have come to beleive that God will always use his carpenters to bring deliverance to his ppl. I have been following d trend vof cucumber farmers for months now and to d glory of God, i have leased 2ha of farmland for cucumber production, more so I have acquired 17tins of f1 seed(murano and tokyo), from mr Dayo and Soloxam, they are true and geniue. The farm is located at upanda, uzo uwaani LGA, Enugu state. Thanks to Jasper, Dayo,Soloxam, and Jethro
Thanks for the vote of confidence. wish you all the best.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by GOM2016: 7:00pm On Mar 17, 2016
What do you think is the minimum capital to invest in this cucumber plant?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 7:56pm On Mar 17, 2016
The first and foremost is to get the basics. Learn the techniques first. Understudy a farmer, get trained, have some experience and you will be able to do your own estimates.
Experience is the best teacher

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by REUBEN010(m): 9:47am On Mar 18, 2016
Soloxam:
Thanks for the vote of confidence. wish you all the best.
Good pm sir. pls do you currently have sweet corn, long okra seeds and Murano F2 in stock?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jephito(m): 9:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
I ve been sourcing for Tokyo F1 and it seems it's scarce. Is there anyone here who knows where I can get it here in Lagos? Or what I s the best alternative should I don't see the Tokyo F1?

For watermelon, which is the best and marketable variety and where can I get it?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Soloxam(m): 9:28am On Mar 31, 2016
jephito:
I ve been sourcing for Tokyo F1 and it seems it's scarce. Is there anyone here who knows where I can get it here in Lagos? Or what I s the best alternative should I don't see the Tokyo F1?

For watermelon, which is the best and marketable variety and where can I get it?
@Op, call me or chat me up on the line on my signature for your Tokyo f1 seeds.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by amodu(m): 8:55pm On May 22, 2016
jethro2:
What our Farm Manager Free Training entails.

Our training session will be covering

1. The construction of green house using local materials such as bamboo, teak etc.
Participants will be involve in building the screen house

2. Growing different vegetables in green house.
Vegetable such as

Tomatoes
Cucumber
Peppers
Cabbage
Onions
Beet roots
Cauliflower
Brocolli
Lettuce etc

3. Marketing the vegetables.
Hotels, restaurants and supermarket are paying enormously for organic vegetables.
Our products are purely organic.

4. Farm Manager job placement:
Yes. We have clients that needs experience hand on farm.

They require farm managers that can work with little or no supervision.

We assure you of good salary package, accommodation and others.
Terms and condition apply.

Duration
June, July and August

Farm Settlement Location
Ago Amodu, Saki East LGA of Oyo State.

Resumption Date
June 5th 2016.

We can only accommodate 30 participants.
its first come first serve.

We made accommodation arrangement for participants for the 3 months at the cost of N15,000.

Its advisable to book accommodation before resumption date.

Registration is in progress.
To register call 08188540096.

Please I beg you in the name of God to stop all THESE mentions.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 5:26pm On May 23, 2016
amodu:
Please I beg you in the name of God to stop all THESE mentions.
I don't understand. please could you explain
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by amodu(m): 5:43pm On May 23, 2016
jethro2:

I don't understand. please could you explain

My monicker is 'Amodu' and each time you quote your address, I am alerted in my mentions just like notifications on Facebook.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 5:55pm On May 23, 2016
amodu:

My monicker is 'Amodu' and each time you quote your address, I am alerted in my mentions just like notifications on Facebook.

lol. But the name of my village is Ago Amodu. I am so sure you must have read why its always been mentioned.
I emphatise with you. But not sure there is anything I can do about it
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by amodu(m): 6:10pm On May 23, 2016
jethro2:

lol. But the name of my village is Ago Amodu. I am so sure you must have read why its always been mentioned.
I emphatise with you. But not sure there is anything I can do about it

Yeepa! Ori mi oooo

Yes I have on several occasions.

In that case, I should be entitled to some peanuts out of what is accrued from the use of my name and the continued endurance of the disturbing mentions.

I will be waiting
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 9:30pm On May 23, 2016
amodu:

Yeepa! Ori mi oooo
Yes I have on several occasions.
In that case, I should be entitled to some peanuts out of what is accrued from the use of my name and the continued endurance of the disturbing mentions.
I will be waiting

lol. We will remember you in our kingdom.
Do bear with us
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by amodu(m): 7:51am On May 24, 2016
jethro2:

lol. We will remember you in our kingdom. Do bear with us
Smile
Okay ooo
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 7:58am On Jul 31, 2016
Farm Managers Vacancy:

The main reason we put up the 3 month farm managerial training is to ::
1. Train Farm Managers
2. Access their performance and build on it

And the expectation is that by the end of the training::

Participants can either

1. Start up his own farm with no or little technical assistance

2. We offer jobs to interested participants.

Yes. The jobs vacancy are plenty.

But we can only offer those that has been trained.

Those that actually pass the test.

The 3 months is a test period.

Most people looking for Farm Managers work don't have what it takes to be the farm manager.

Farming is a field activities. You don't even have an office. Come rain, come sun, you have to be there.

Putting you through the rigorous task is getting you prepared for the task ahead.

So if you think you are up to the task.
Prepare to join us for the September batch.

And that's why we made it so cheap.
N15,000 to participate for 3 month.

You don't have an excuse to be unemployed.
The jobs are waiting

Get in touch
Call 08064688501, 08188540096

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jstemmanex(m): 9:09pm On Sep 07, 2016
Pls, hw tru is dis wit ur experience

jethro2:

The mentor in the farm said between 40 - 50 bags if its perform well. Since i am just harvesting I dont know what my harvest will be
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Preciousseed(m): 12:20am On Sep 09, 2016
Very nice thread OP. Still studying this cucumber farming with new lessons everyday. My fear has been using inorganic fertilizer, but from your mention, it is obvious you used inorganic(NPK) fertilizer, and i want to believe it did not affect the yield? Because Vanpeele, Jasper7 et al recommends organic fertilizer.
Lastly OP, having harvested and marketed, kindly share with us the profit and loss from your cultivation? Thanks very much for the tutorial.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Preciousseed(m): 12:49am On Sep 09, 2016
Kalusam:
So I thought but discovered that they are also into seeds, machinery and chemicals
Yea, another good company into greenhouses is SARO AGROSCIENCES.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Dadanoah(m): 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2016
jethro2:
Cucumber pointsett variety still flowering at 6 and half week. There are few fruits within the farm. We hope to commence harvesting by the 7th week
pls, is it good to stake cucumber than drawn on the ground ?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 6:11am On Sep 27, 2016
Dadanoah:
pls, is it good to stake cucumber than drawn on the ground ?

Yes. its advisable to stake cucumber seed
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Dadanoah(m): 10:11pm On Nov 18, 2016
Soloxam:
@jethro Weldon, Here is the result gotten from cucumber murano 2 f1 planted in Ibadan. Sincerely I started my harvest 36 days after planting, it was stalk, so when I took it to market they just rush to buy.
goodevening! pls, u are talkin abt murano2 f1. pls i want u to explain what u kno abt nagano f1,please.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Praktikals(m): 7:06am On Nov 19, 2016
Kalusam:
Saw this at the Dizengoff Stand at the AgraInnovate International Conference and Exhibition today, the attendant didn't know the variety though.
Dual purpose cucumbers
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by teechedah: 1:17pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hello All,
Please what are the requirement to start up a cucumber farm,.I currently have plot of land in Ogun state which i want to use for cucumber farming. And like how much capital do i need,requirement e.t.c.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Invest In Oil Palm Plantation / This Long Python Was Killed On The Farm Yesterday / A Day Old Chicks (broiler, Pullet, Cockerel And Turkey) Are For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.