Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required - Agriculture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required (44064 Views)

Farmers Your Advice Is Needed Pls / See Gov. Rochas Okorocha Eating Cucumber In My Farm (pics) / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures* (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by noeloge82(m): 4:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
@jethro2 good afternoon Pls based on comparative analysis what do u think about pointset cucumber compared with hybrid using the same yard stick of farming for comparison
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 4:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
noeloge82:
@jethro2 good afternoon Pls based on comparative analysis what do u think about pointset cucumber compared with hybrid using the same yard stick of farming for comparison

If you can afford the cost I would say go for hybrid mist especially if you are planting now. Point set is an open breed and has low yield compare to any other hybrid
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by noeloge82(m): 4:22pm On Feb 07, 2017
jethro2:

If you can afford the cost I would say go for hybrid mist especially if you are planting now. Point set is an open breed and has low yield compare to any other hybrid

Thanks
Though the problem is that no hybrid at technism shops and most ones u see are 10g which is costly when trying to buy 200g

And I was told that hybrid can only be available month end so I was contemplating keeping part of the available land busy to avoid losing it to someone else
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Antoeni(m): 7:03pm On Feb 07, 2017
Why nt look 4 land around a female hostel, in any business, nearness to market is very important
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 5:56am On Feb 08, 2017
noeloge82:

Thanks
Though the problem is that no hybrid at technism shops and most ones u see are 10g which is costly when trying to buy 200g

And I was told that hybrid can only be available month end so I was contemplating keeping part of the available land busy to avoid losing it to someone else

call 08033446159 for East West seeds 08165535839 for continental seeds.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by noeloge82(m): 5:32pm On Feb 08, 2017
jethro2:

call 08033446159 for East West seeds 08165535839 for continental seeds.

Thank so much
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jadagofarms: 6:05pm On Feb 08, 2017
please at which point do apply herbicide in cucumber farm. Is it before or after planting ?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by noeloge82(m): 8:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
jadagofarms:
please at which point do apply herbicide in cucumber farm. Is it before or hafter planting ?

Before planting
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Nobody: 11:42am On May 13, 2017
Pls I need Tokyo F1 or Murano F1 cucumber seeds. Where can I get?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 2:10pm On May 13, 2017
Gracealone:
Pls I need Tokyo F1 or Murano F1 cucumber seeds. Where can I get?
Call 08030886296 Mr Dayo
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Seun(m): 12:27pm On Aug 06, 2017
Jewesun:
Thanks Soloxam, I planted Tokyo F1 and I started harvesting at 47 days. I actually inter cropped with okra for a start. Thank you so much.
Which variety of Okra is that?

1 Like

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by kripen(m): 11:17am On Oct 30, 2017
House what is the solution to yellowish leaf in cucumber?

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by kripen(m): 2:06pm On Nov 06, 2017
Please does anyone know the variety of this cucumber?

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by dorispray: 3:00am On Nov 07, 2017
kripen:
That is most likely to be the Chia Thai CU 999 F1 cucumber variety.
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by noeloge82(m): 6:03am On Nov 07, 2017
kripen:

This is antila F1 from technism
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by abolaji62(m): 1:32pm On Nov 07, 2017
Abro perishable and vegetable fruit seller supplier...can help you sell all your farm crop without walala just carry your market to us @mile12 international market Lagos shop 12... tel: 08164853900/09054589745 email address: horlamide62@gmail.com
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by vickifeanyi47(m): 1:40pm On Nov 07, 2017
Can I replant cucumber by this time of the year. I just harvested and plant has withered. I don't have borehole but I have tank of water ..your advice pls
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 1:43pm On Nov 07, 2017
abolaji62:
Abro perishable and vegetable fruit seller supplier...can help you sell all your farm crop without walala just carry your market to us @mile12 international market Lagos shop 12... tel: 08164853900/09054589745 email address: horlamide62@gmail.com
What type of vegetable do you sell and what are the current price list?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 1:45pm On Nov 07, 2017
vickifeanyi47:
Can I replant cucumber by this time of the year. I just harvested and plant has withered. I don't have borehole but I have tank of water ..your advice pls

Yes you can.
If you have steady supply of water
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by vickifeanyi47(m): 1:55pm On Nov 07, 2017
[quote author=jethro2 post=62157100]

Yes you can.
If you have steady supply of water

thanks how many times can I water in a day
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2017
[quote author=vickifeanyi47 post=62157448][/quote]

I thought you said you had planted before!!
That type of question is meant for first timer.

And I would have advised to go get some practical knowledge from a practising farmer
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by vickifeanyi47(m): 2:24pm On Nov 07, 2017
jethro2:

I thought you said you had planted before!!
That type of question is meant for first timer.

And I would have advised to go get some practical knowledge from a practising farmer
Bro I planted when was rain was still on ..never planted during dry season b4
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Ossysamsy(m): 12:53pm On Mar 24, 2018
When is the ideal time to plant okra.?

Can I pls intercroped maize with cucumber?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by raoladngr: 1:54am On Oct 25, 2018
Which one is east wert and continental seeds. Pls tell me more
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 2:24pm On Oct 25, 2018
Ossysamsy:
When is the ideal time to plant okra.?

Can I pls intercroped maize with cucumber?

You can plant all year round provided you have water
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 2:25pm On Oct 25, 2018
raoladngr:
Which one is east wert and continental seeds. Pls tell me more

They are seed companies in Nigeria
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by raoladngr: 8:32pm On Nov 13, 2018
Pls. Where is the cucumber market in ijebu and how much is the current price
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by jethro2: 6:55pm On Dec 02, 2018
Benefit of Participating in Our Agribusiness Training

* Access to one acre of ploughable land to plant vegetable for a year free which will be allocated immediately after the one training

* Free Accommodation for participants.

* Technical supports to participants continue even after the training.

* You can only plant vegetables

* Direct market for the grown vegetables if you follow the good agricultural practise that we will all be learn ing during the training

* No fertilizer will be given.
We will teach on how to make your own organic fertilizer and Pesticide

* You get to feed yourself throughout the period

* You will take care of the farm land given to you but we will provide technical support throughout your planting period.

*: Its on first pay first participating basis

* Participant should prepare for real practical farm work.

Expecting more questions.
Do have a lovely day

Resumption date is Monday, January 7th 2019

1 Balogun Street
Ago Amodu.
Saki East LGA of Oyo State

Participation fee is N50,000

Duration of training is 3 Months

Payments are made to
Entrepreneur Youth Cooperative Multipurpose Society
Stanbic IBTC Saki

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Idemujoseph: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2019
Madam Jethro ma, can I have your phone number please?
Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by okoroemeka(m): 9:56pm On Jan 06, 2019
Idemujoseph:
Mr Jethro sir can I have you phone numbers sir please
madam jethro

1 Like

Re: Cucumber Farmers Your Advice Is Required by Idemujoseph: 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2019
okoroemeka:
madam jethro
So amazing to know that woman is cultivating cucumber.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Invest In Oil Palm Plantation / This Long Python Was Killed On The Farm Yesterday / A Day Old Chicks (broiler, Pullet, Cockerel And Turkey) Are For Sale In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.